Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "Really Thin"?

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2015-11-16, Janet B > wrote:
>
>> that isn't the definition of processed cheese.
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Processed_cheese
>> Pasteurization is not what makes a cheese a processed cheese.
>> Packaging and/or pre-slicing does not make a cheese a processed
>> cheese.

> Thns fer the link, Janet. It provides info on what I would call
> processed cheese.
>
> I once came across a huge (half Velveeta tub size) pkg of American cheese
> slices. It was labeled, "cheese food" and the contents included zero
> dairy of any kind. It was mostly made of vegetable oil. ewwww!
> Kinda reminds me of "grease whip".

I did not grow up eating Velveeta and perhaps that is why I don't like it
very much. I do like it in some dips. Please note that I am not saying
that I eat any dairy. I don't. I have eaten it in the past. Some people
are overly fond of the stuff. I remember getting into an argument with my
first roommate over a meal. It was to be grilled cheese sandwiches and
tomato soup. He insisted that Velveeta go in the sandwiches and milk in the
soup. I let him do it his way as his mom was known to be an excellent cook.
I managed to gag most of the meal down but found it hard to believe that he
actually enjoyed it. And when I did eat grilled cheese, I wasn't really
picky as to what cheese went in there. But never Velveeta. Never used it
for casseroles or mac and cheese either. Just don't like the texture in
stuff like that. But okay for dip if mixed with other things.

I have heard of the fake cheese that you mentioned. I know a couple who
were poor while in college. They used that with hot dog slices and canned
pineapple to make pizza. Just ick.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 18:09:53 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>I have heard of the fake cheese that you mentioned. I know a couple who
>were poor while in college. They used that with hot dog slices and canned
>pineapple to make pizza. Just ick.

A several years ago a couple of then-popular TV cooking shows did
episodes on "Dorm Food". Pretty dire-looking and -sounding stuff.

And what do building fire wardens have to say about this?

--
Bob
The joint that time is out of
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Opinicus wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 18:09:53 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
> >I have heard of the fake cheese that you mentioned. I know a couple who
> >were poor while in college. They used that with hot dog slices and canned
> >pineapple to make pizza. Just ick.

> A several years ago a couple of then-popular TV cooking shows did
> episodes on "Dorm Food". Pretty dire-looking and -sounding stuff.

With cost of college these days, even community college, I don't see
any reason for the students to have to skimp on decent food, unless
they are saving their food money for beer and drugs.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/15/2015 7:52 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> ... right now winter is coming and
> I'm caring for about two dozen kittens. The feral cats are a very
> critical part of farming, they control the rodent population. A good
> sized feral cat community (30-40) can control the rodent population on
> several thousand acres. Without the cats most crops would fail to the
> voles. Voles eat plant roots so the crops die. Moles are actually a
> benefit because they only eat the grubs but cats don't discriminate.
> I'm always amazed at how many acres one cat can patrol in a day...
> they start hunting well before sunrise and don't stop till well after
> sunset.

Oh Sheldon, please don't get in over your head with the kitties. It is
so easy to do. You want to save them all, believe me I know. Just keep
in mind your limitations. A friend of mine started doing what you're
doing and now she's begging for donations to keep getting the new ones
fixed and vetted. She turned her good deed into an animal rescue and is
even 503C attributed so donations can be tax deductions, but she has
gotten too far over her head in my opinion. Please keep that in mind
even though most of all, you're doing a really great thing.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/16/2015 11:02 AM, Gary wrote:
> Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>> Calling Tillimook cheddar is like
>> calling the dust in that shiney green TP tube Parmigiano Reggiano.

> More uppity comments like many do here (Not just picking on you,
> Sheldon)
>
> That "dust" in the green jars is real parmesan cheese. Only other
> addition is some powdered cellulose to prevent caking. As it's dried
> and super concentrated, the flavor is way more intense than grating
> fresh parmesan over your meal. I like the stuff and use it all the
> time.
>
> The times I've bought fresh parmesan, I had to grate the entire wedge
> on a small plate of pasta just to get the same taste that a few
> generous shakes of the concentrated greencan stuff will give you.
>
> I like the green jar parmesan. Actually, I like the parmesan/romano
> dried better.
>
> If you want to joke that, don't you ever dare use canned chicken
> broth.

Please get over the chicken broth thing.

I *could* buy the green can with added cellulose. Been there, done
that. My mother certainly did. So did Chef Boyardee pizza kits. LOL

Sounds like you bought some pretty crappy parmesan. I'm not a cheese
afficionado. But I do know I can buy some shredded or grated (aged)
parmesan or romano in small tubs in the dairy section.

Oh, and you can freeze those types of cheeses without any problem with
texture.

I don't have to stand over a grater and shred from a block of overpriced
cheese. But I also don't have to settle for ground to powder parm in a
green can.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> > The times I've bought fresh parmesan, I had to grate the entire wedge
> > on a small plate of pasta just to get the same taste that a few
> > generous shakes of the concentrated greencan stuff will give you.
> >
> > I like the green jar parmesan. Actually, I like the parmesan/romano
> > dried better.

> > If you want to joke that, don't you ever dare use canned chicken
> > broth.
> >

> Please get over the chicken broth thing.

Nah...it's still good for a few more posts. heheh

> Sounds like you bought some pretty crappy parmesan.

No, it was fine but not as strong as dehydrated. And it wasn't
Parmigiano Reggiano but it was good cheese.

> I don't have to stand over a grater and shred from a block of overpriced
> cheese. But I also don't have to settle for ground to powder parm in a
> green can.

I have no problem with it. It's pure dried with some cellulose to
prevent caking.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>> > The times I've bought fresh parmesan, I had to grate the entire wedge
>> > on a small plate of pasta just to get the same taste that a few
>> > generous shakes of the concentrated greencan stuff will give you.
>> >
>> > I like the green jar parmesan. Actually, I like the parmesan/romano
>> > dried better.

>> > If you want to joke that, don't you ever dare use canned chicken
>> > broth.
>> >

>> Please get over the chicken broth thing.

> Nah...it's still good for a few more posts. heheh
>

>> Sounds like you bought some pretty crappy parmesan.

> No, it was fine but not as strong as dehydrated. And it wasn't
> Parmigiano Reggiano but it was good cheese.
>
>> I don't have to stand over a grater and shred from a block of overpriced
>> cheese. But I also don't have to settle for ground to powder parm in a
>> green can.

> I have no problem with it. It's pure dried with some cellulose to
> prevent caking.

I doubt that too many people HAVE to settle for it, but actually like it
since it is a big seller...Oh the horror!

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 21/11/2015 8:56 AM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>>> The times I've bought fresh parmesan, I had to grate the entire wedge
>>> on a small plate of pasta just to get the same taste that a few
>>> generous shakes of the concentrated greencan stuff will give you.
>>>
>>> I like the green jar parmesan. Actually, I like the parmesan/romano
>>> dried better.

>>> If you want to joke that, don't you ever dare use canned chicken
>>> broth.
>>>

>> Please get over the chicken broth thing.

> Nah...it's still good for a few more posts. heheh
>

>> Sounds like you bought some pretty crappy parmesan.

> No, it was fine but not as strong as dehydrated. And it wasn't
> Parmigiano Reggiano but it was good cheese.
>
>> I don't have to stand over a grater and shred from a block of overpriced
>> cheese. But I also don't have to settle for ground to powder parm in a
>> green can.

> I have no problem with it. It's pure dried with some cellulose

AKA sawdust:-)

--
"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play.
It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness,
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Gary" > wrote in message
> > jmcquown wrote:

> wedge >>> on a small plate of pasta just to get the same taste that a
> few >>> generous shakes of the concentrated greencan stuff will give
> you.

> parmesan/romano >>> dried better.

> > > Please get over the chicken broth thing.

> > Nah...it's still good for a few more posts. heheh
> >

> > > Sounds like you bought some pretty crappy parmesan.

> > No, it was fine but not as strong as dehydrated. And it wasn't
> > Parmigiano Reggiano but it was good cheese.
> >
> > > I don't have to stand over a grater and shred from a block of
> > > overpriced cheese. But I also don't have to settle for ground to
> > > powder parm in a green can.

> > I have no problem with it. It's pure dried with some cellulose to
> > prevent caking.

> I doubt that too many people HAVE to settle for it, but actually like
> it since it is a big seller...Oh the horror!
>
> Cheri

LOL Cheri!

Actually I have a green can of it. The texture works better for some
of my bread types where you butter and egg coat the dough then roll in
it. Makes for really nice pretzels. I don't have much use for Parm or
variations of it outside of that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> Cheri wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> wedge >>> on a small plate of pasta just to get the same taste that a
>> few >>> generous shakes of the concentrated greencan stuff will give
>> you.

>> parmesan/romano >>> dried better.

>> > Nah...it's still good for a few more posts. heheh

>> > No, it was fine but not as strong as dehydrated. And it wasn't
>> > Parmigiano Reggiano but it was good cheese.

>> > I have no problem with it. It's pure dried with some cellulose to
>> > prevent caking.

>> I doubt that too many people HAVE to settle for it, but actually like
>> it since it is a big seller...Oh the horror!
>>
>> Cheri

> LOL Cheri!
>
> Actually I have a green can of it. The texture works better for some
> of my bread types where you butter and egg coat the dough then roll in
> it. Makes for really nice pretzels. I don't have much use for Parm or
> variations of it outside of that.

Yes, I like it on popcorn that I make for myself once in awhile, and also as
you say in coatings etc.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "cshenk" > wrote in message
> > Cheri wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> >>wedge >>> on a small plate of pasta just to get the same taste that

> a >>few >>> generous shakes of the concentrated greencan stuff will
> give
> > > you.

> >>parmesan/romano >>> dried better.

> to >>> > powder parm in a green can.

> > > I doubt that too many people HAVE to settle for it, but actually
> > > like it since it is a big seller...Oh the horror!
> > >
> > > Cheri

> > LOL Cheri!
> >
> > Actually I have a green can of it. The texture works better for
> > some of my bread types where you butter and egg coat the dough then
> > roll in it. Makes for really nice pretzels. I don't have much use
> > for Parm or variations of it outside of that.

> Yes, I like it on popcorn that I make for myself once in awhile, and
> also as you say in coatings etc.
>
> Cheri

Humm! I should try it with popcorn then. I got a real stovetop
popcorn maker last year and we use it pretty often. I got tired of all
the crap in the microwave ones.

Now it's 2 TB organic coconut oil (I keep it for the dog who's getting
a little senile but use it for popcorn here also), 1/2 cup dry kernals
and let it do it's thing as you turn the handle. Melted butter on top
and sea salt usually.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:
> I don't have much use for Parm

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...side/cron.html

Dec. 14, 1999 + Ressam arrested near Seattle

Ressam says that on the morning of Dec. 14, he called Meskini and told
him he would be in Seattle that evening. That afternoon, he took a ferry
from Victoria, B.C., to Port Angeles, Wash., with more than 100 pounds
of explosives stashed in the wheelbed of the trunk of his rental car.
His accomplice, Dahoumane, did not travel with him.

At Victoria, U.S. immigration pre-clearance agents were mildly
suspicious of Ressam. They made him open his trunk, but saw nothing. He
presented his fake Canadian passport, and the computer check turned up
no previous convictions or warrants in the name of Benni Noris. Ressam
drove his rental car, with its concealed bomb, onto the ferry heading
for Washington state. Upon his arrival at Port Angeles, a U.S. customs
agent became suspicious of his hesitant answers to her questions, and
she asked for identification. Agents began searching the car. As they
discovered the explosive materials -- which they at first took to be
drugs -- in the trunk of the car, Ressam tried to run away. He was
caught and arrested.

Aftermath and Sept. 11, 2001

After Ressam's arrest was televised, an urgent call to Meskini came from
Haouari in Montreal. Haouari was recorded telling Meskini to change his
phone number, beeper, and cell phone and to leave immediately. Police
watched as Meskini ripped up airline receipts and bank machine slips and
threw them into a nearby dumpster. The FBI retrieved the evidence, and
both men were arrested hours later. Meskini entered into a plea
agreement in which he admitted conspiring with Ressam and testified
against him at trial. Haouari was extradited to the U.S. from Canada and
put on trial in New York.

On April 6, 2001, after a four-week trial in U.S. District Court in Los
Angeles, Ressam was convicted of nine counts, including conspiracy to
commit an international terrorist act, explosives smuggling, and lying
to customs officials. Facing up to 130 years in prison, Ressam agreed to
cooperate with prosecutors, providing information about his activities
and those of his terrorist network. As part of the agreement, he
testified against Haouari at trial. His sentencing has been postponed
until February 2002. Also on April 6, Ressam was convicted in absentia
in France and sentenced to five years for conspiring to commit terrorist
acts there.

Abdelmajid Dahoumane escaped to Afghanistan. The U.S. State Department
issued a reward of up to $5 million for information leading to his
arrest and conviction. He was later caught by Algerian security forces
and convicted on terrorism-related charges there.

Just days after the terrorist attacks in the U.S. on Sept. 11, 2001,
investigators interrogated Ressam at the federal detention center near
Seattle. They reportedly showed him pictures of the 19 hijackers. He
said he knew none of them but did provide other names of people in
so-called "sleeper cells" in North America. Ressam has also added
significant new information about Al Qaeda's interest in chemical and
biological weapons.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.1324305

U.S. and Canada foil Al Qaeda terrorist plot to derail New York to
Toronto passenger train, two suspects arrested
The suspects, who had planned the attacks more than a year, appear
unrelated to the Boston Marathon bombers.

Two suspected Al Qaeda terrorists were busted Monday in Canada before
they could wreak havoc on the rails by blowing up a New York-to-Toronto
passenger train.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:
> Humm! I should try it

https://www.austinfoodbank.org/sites...?itok=ROLljz1Z

You already have.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> Cheri wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> a >>few >>> generous shakes of the concentrated greencan stuff will
>> give

>> to >>> > powder parm in a green can.

>> > LOL Cheri!
>> >
>> > Actually I have a green can of it. The texture works better for
>> > some of my bread types where you butter and egg coat the dough then
>> > roll in it. Makes for really nice pretzels. I don't have much use
>> > for Parm or variations of it outside of that.

>> Yes, I like it on popcorn that I make for myself once in awhile, and
>> also as you say in coatings etc.
>>
>> Cheri

> Humm! I should try it with popcorn then. I got a real stovetop
> popcorn maker last year and we use it pretty often. I got tired of all
> the crap in the microwave ones.
>
> Now it's 2 TB organic coconut oil (I keep it for the dog who's getting
> a little senile but use it for popcorn here also), 1/2 cup dry kernals
> and let it do it's thing as you turn the handle. Melted butter on top
> and sea salt usually.

That sounds good. I usually just pop mine on the stove in a dry pan, 2 TBS
of popcorn, small spray of Pam Butter Flavor after popping and a little
parmesan cheese but...I do love it popped with oil, and drizzled with butter
and salt if I wasn't watching myself because I can really overdo it
otherwise. I have the same problem with peanut butter and brie cheese. :-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Green can parmesan (was "Really Thin"?)

Cheri wrote:

> Yes, I like it on popcorn that I make for myself once in awhile,

That sounds good.

It's also good to use for making garlic bread for pasta meals.

Here's what I do.
Thick slices of italian bread, well buttered
Sprinkled with garlic powder and lots of green can parmesan/romano
Put under broiler until nicely browned. yum

In a pinch, if you don't have italian/french bread on hand,
just use toasted white bread with the additions.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Cheri wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I like it on popcorn that I make for myself once in awhile,

> That sounds good.
>
> It's also good to use for making garlic bread for pasta meals.
>
> Here's what I do.
> Thick slices of italian bread, well buttered
> Sprinkled with garlic powder and lots of green can parmesan/romano
> Put under broiler until nicely browned. yum
>
> In a pinch, if you don't have italian/french bread on hand,
> just use toasted white bread with the additions.

Yes, it's good on many things, I often sprinkle it over my scrambled eggs,
most cooked veggies etc.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 09:24:21 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Cheri wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I like it on popcorn that I make for myself once in awhile,

>That sounds good.
>
>It's also good to use for making garlic bread for pasta meals.
>
>Here's what I do.
>Thick slices of italian bread, well buttered
>Sprinkled with garlic powder and lots of green can parmesan/romano

Guido is gonna take a baseball bat you your kneecaps, and Carmine is
gonna fit you with C-menta shooze. For garlic bread slather with a
paste of real garlic and olive oil, and dust with real grated parm and
minced flat leaf parsley.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Cheri wrote:
> >
> > Yes, I like it on popcorn that I make for myself once in awhile,

> That sounds good.
>
> It's also good to use for making garlic bread for pasta meals.
>
> Here's what I do.
> Thick slices of italian bread, well buttered
> Sprinkled with garlic powder and lots of green can parmesan/romano
> Put under broiler until nicely browned. yum
>
> In a pinch, if you don't have italian/french bread on hand,
> just use toasted white bread with the additions.

Oh that reminds me, butter logs. Thats a stick of butter, softend
lightly and rolled in 'the dredded green can' then black pepper and
granulated garlic. Use for a butter spread on fresh bread.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Gary" > wrote in message
> > Cheri wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes, I like it on popcorn that I make for myself once in awhile,

> > That sounds good.
> >
> > It's also good to use for making garlic bread for pasta meals.
> >
> > Here's what I do.
> > Thick slices of italian bread, well buttered
> > Sprinkled with garlic powder and lots of green can parmesan/romano
> > Put under broiler until nicely browned. yum
> >
> > In a pinch, if you don't have italian/french bread on hand,
> > just use toasted white bread with the additions.

> Yes, it's good on many things, I often sprinkle it over my scrambled
> eggs, most cooked veggies etc.
>
> Cheri

LOL. I don't go that far with it but there's nothing truely wrong there.

OH! Here's another good one though. Making salad crutons out of left
over bread. Since the bread would not have been designed for making
crutons initially, it won't often be 'spiced' right for them.

Toss mouth-sized bits of bread in a little oil and then a baggie with
seasonings of choice (top here would be garlic salt, black pepper, parm
from the dreaded can, and lately Kala Jerra leaves). Toast them spread
out on a pan in the oven until crisp (or use whatever you have handy
for that). Store leftover chiplits for breading uses.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/23/2015 4:59 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Store leftover chiplits for breading uses.
>
> Carol
>
> --

Hi, my name is carol and I feed trolls!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/23/2015 4:51 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Use for a butter spread on fresh bread.
>
> --

Hi, my name is carol and I feed trolls!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 23, 2015 at 6:59:11 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
> Cheri wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> > > That sounds good.
> > >
> > > It's also good to use for making garlic bread for pasta meals.
> > >
> > > Here's what I do.
> > > Thick slices of italian bread, well buttered
> > > Sprinkled with garlic powder and lots of green can parmesan/romano
> > > Put under broiler until nicely browned. yum
> > >
> > > In a pinch, if you don't have italian/french bread on hand,
> > > just use toasted white bread with the additions.

> > Yes, it's good on many things, I often sprinkle it over my scrambled
> > eggs, most cooked veggies etc.
> >
> > Cheri

> LOL. I don't go that far with it but there's nothing truely wrong there.
>
> OH! Here's another good one though. Making salad crutons out of left
> over bread. Since the bread would not have been designed for making
> crutons initially, it won't often be 'spiced' right for them.
>
> Toss mouth-sized bits of bread in a little oil and then a baggie with
> seasonings of choice (top here would be garlic salt, black pepper, parm
> from the dreaded can, and lately Kala Jerra leaves). Toast them spread
> out on a pan in the oven until crisp (or use whatever you have handy
> for that). Store leftover chiplits for breading uses.

Oddly, I've never been a Parmesan crouton kind of gal. Bread,
olive oil, fresh garlic, salt.

There used to be a restaurant in Ann Arbor that had the most divine
croutons. I think they deep-fried them.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 08:44:56 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Cheri wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> wedge >>> on a small plate of pasta just to get the same taste that a
>> few >>> generous shakes of the concentrated greencan stuff will give
>> you.

>> parmesan/romano >>> dried better.

>> > Nah...it's still good for a few more posts. heheh

>> > No, it was fine but not as strong as dehydrated. And it wasn't
>> > Parmigiano Reggiano but it was good cheese.

>> > I have no problem with it. It's pure dried with some cellulose to
>> > prevent caking.

>> I doubt that too many people HAVE to settle for it, but actually like
>> it since it is a big seller...Oh the horror!
>>
>> Cheri

>LOL Cheri!
>
>Actually I have a green can of it. The texture works better for some
>of my bread types where you butter and egg coat the dough then roll in
>it. Makes for really nice pretzels. I don't have much use for Parm or
>variations of it outside of that.

"> You are reaping what you sowed by feeding known trolls, dearie"

--
Barbara J Llorente 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.
Age 65 (Born 1950) (415) 239-7248. Background Check - Available.

ID: 47846596.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/24/2015 12:27 PM, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 08:44:56 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
>> Cheri wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> wedge >>> on a small plate of pasta just to get the same taste that a
>>> few >>> generous shakes of the concentrated greencan stuff will give
>>> you.

>>> parmesan/romano >>> dried better.

>>> I doubt that too many people HAVE to settle for it, but actually like
>>> it since it is a big seller...Oh the horror!
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> LOL Cheri!
>>
>> Actually I have a green can of it. The texture works better for some
>> of my bread types where you butter and egg coat the dough then roll in
>> it. Makes for really nice pretzels. I don't have much use for Parm or
>> variations of it outside of that.

> "> You are reaping what you sowed by feeding known trolls, dearie"
>
> --
> Barbara J Llorente 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.
> Age 65 (Born 1950) (415) 239-7248. Background Check - Available.
> Record
>
> ID: 47846596.
>

>> She cheered Boner on until we arrived at this.

"And I still do"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 09:24:21 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Cheri wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I like it on popcorn that I make for myself once in awhile,

>That sounds good.
>
>It's also good to use for making garlic bread for pasta meals.
>
>Here's what I do.
>Thick slices of italian bread, well buttered
>Sprinkled with garlic powder and lots of green can parmesan/romano
>Put under broiler until nicely browned. yum
>
>In a pinch, if you don't have italian/french bread on hand,
>just use toasted white bread with the additions.

"> You are reaping what you sowed by feeding known trolls, dearie"

--
Barbara J Llorente 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.
Age 65 (Born 1950) (415) 239-7248. Background Check - Available.
Record

ID: 47846596.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 06:52:22 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Gary" > wrote in message ...
>> Cheri wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, I like it on popcorn that I make for myself once in awhile,

>> That sounds good.
>>
>> It's also good to use for making garlic bread for pasta meals.
>>
>> Here's what I do.
>> Thick slices of italian bread, well buttered
>> Sprinkled with garlic powder and lots of green can parmesan/romano
>> Put under broiler until nicely browned. yum
>>
>> In a pinch, if you don't have italian/french bread on hand,
>> just use toasted white bread with the additions.

>Yes, it's good on many things, I often sprinkle it over my scrambled eggs,
>most cooked veggies etc.
>
>Cheri

"> You are reaping what you sowed by feeding known trolls, dearie"

--
Barbara J Llorente 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.
Age 65 (Born 1950) (415) 239-7248. Background Check - Available.
Record

ID: 47846596.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/23/2015 12:06 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 09:24:21 -0500, Gary > wrote:
>
>> Here's what I do.
>> Thick slices of italian bread, well buttered
>> Sprinkled with garlic powder and lots of green can parmesan/romano

> Guido is gonna take a baseball bat you your kneecaps, and Carmine is
> gonna fit you with C-menta shooze. For garlic bread slather with a
> paste of real garlic and olive oil, and dust with real grated parm and
> minced flat leaf parsley.

That's the best way to make garlic/parmesan bread. Roast an entire head
of garlic, then squeeze the paste from each clove on really good bread.
Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with parm, not parm dust. Parsley
is optional (IMHO). Toast the bread under a broiler until lightly
browned. Delicious.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 11/23/2015 12:06 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 09:24:21 -0500, Gary > wrote:
>>
>>> Here's what I do.
>>> Thick slices of italian bread, well buttered
>>> Sprinkled with garlic powder and lots of green can parmesan/romano

>> Guido is gonna take a baseball bat you your kneecaps, and Carmine is
>> gonna fit you with C-menta shooze. For garlic bread slather with a
>> paste of real garlic and olive oil, and dust with real grated parm and
>> minced flat leaf parsley.
>>

> That's the best way to make garlic/parmesan bread. Roast an entire head
> of garlic, then squeeze the paste from each clove on really good bread.
> Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with parm, not parm dust. Parsley is
> optional (IMHO). Toast the bread under a broiler until lightly browned.
> Delicious.
>
> Jill

Delicious with *parm dust* as well.

cheri