Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "Really Thin"?

I buy the Tillamook pre-sliced cheddar cheese slices for my homemade
cheeseburgers. It's bad enough that "sharp" cheddar slices have been
discontinued, but now the medium cheddar slices have been corrupted.

I didn't notice until I was making a cheeseburger, today, that those
same pre-sliced cheeses are now, "Really Thin" slices. WTF!?

Yes, we're talking seriously thin. About half as thick as a regular
American cheese slice. It's my own fault for not seeing the "Really
Thin" (in huge letters) on the pkg, but still.

I also notice Tillamook has stopped making "Vintage White Cheddar",
which is cheddar aged for 2 yrs. In short, Tillamood has taken it in
the shorts and is now jes crap cheese! So sad.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
>I buy the Tillamook pre-sliced cheddar cheese slices for my homemade
> cheeseburgers. It's bad enough that "sharp" cheddar slices have been
> discontinued, but now the medium cheddar slices have been corrupted.
>
> I didn't notice until I was making a cheeseburger, today, that those
> same pre-sliced cheeses are now, "Really Thin" slices. WTF!?
>
> Yes, we're talking seriously thin. About half as thick as a regular
> American cheese slice. It's my own fault for not seeing the "Really
> Thin" (in huge letters) on the pkg, but still.
>
> I also notice Tillamook has stopped making "Vintage White Cheddar",
> which is cheddar aged for 2 yrs. In short, Tillamood has taken it in
> the shorts and is now jes crap cheese! So sad.

Yes. I accidently bought a package of that. I had to use three slices per
sandwich.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 13 Nov 2015 22:12:02 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>Yes, we're talking seriously thin. About half as thick as a regular
>American cheese slice. It's my own fault for not seeing the "Really
>Thin" (in huge letters) on the pkg, but still.

You're right, Up UNTIL the 'but still'..

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 13 Nov 2015 22:12:02 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>I buy the Tillamook pre-sliced cheddar cheese slices for my homemade
>cheeseburgers. It's bad enough that "sharp" cheddar slices have been
>discontinued, but now the medium cheddar slices have been corrupted.

According to their website, NOT discontinued.

COULD just be that stores in your area quit carrying them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 13 Nov 2015 22:12:02 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>I buy the Tillamook pre-sliced cheddar cheese slices for my homemade
>cheeseburgers. It's bad enough that "sharp" cheddar slices have been
>discontinued, but now the medium cheddar slices have been corrupted.
>
>I didn't notice until I was making a cheeseburger, today, that those
>same pre-sliced cheeses are now, "Really Thin" slices. WTF!?
>
>Yes, we're talking seriously thin. About half as thick as a regular
>American cheese slice. It's my own fault for not seeing the "Really
>Thin" (in huge letters) on the pkg, but still.
>
>I also notice Tillamook has stopped making "Vintage White Cheddar",
>which is cheddar aged for 2 yrs. In short, Tillamood has taken it in
>the shorts and is now jes crap cheese! So sad.
>
>nb

Really thin is the new thing with pre-sliced cheeses. Personally, I
hate (really hate) the extra thick sliced cheese. These variations in
thickness is meant to appeal to various buyers. Anyway, cheese on a
burger is nasty.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"The New Other Guy" > wrote in message
> On 13 Nov 2015 22:12:02 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>
>>I buy the Tillamook pre-sliced cheddar cheese slices for my homemade
>>cheeseburgers. It's bad enough that "sharp" cheddar slices have been
>>discontinued, but now the medium cheddar slices have been corrupted.

> According to their website, NOT discontinued.
>
> COULD just be that stores in your area quit carrying them.

Costco sells.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/13/2015 4:32 PM, Janet B wrote:
> On 13 Nov 2015 22:12:02 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>
>> I buy the Tillamook pre-sliced cheddar cheese slices for my homemade
>> cheeseburgers. It's bad enough that "sharp" cheddar slices have been
>> discontinued, but now the medium cheddar slices have been corrupted.
>>
>> I didn't notice until I was making a cheeseburger, today, that those
>> same pre-sliced cheeses are now, "Really Thin" slices. WTF!?
>>
>> Yes, we're talking seriously thin. About half as thick as a regular
>> American cheese slice. It's my own fault for not seeing the "Really
>> Thin" (in huge letters) on the pkg, but still.
>>
>> I also notice Tillamook has stopped making "Vintage White Cheddar",
>> which is cheddar aged for 2 yrs. In short, Tillamood has taken it in
>> the shorts and is now jes crap cheese! So sad.
>>
>> nb

> Really thin is the new thing with pre-sliced cheeses. Personally, I
> hate (really hate) the extra thick sliced cheese. These variations in
> thickness is meant to appeal to various buyers. Anyway, cheese on a
> burger is nasty.
> Janet US

I have, on at least three prior occasions, written posts that delve into
the “alleged” lurid past of one of our former presidents, George Herbert
Walker Bush (GHWB), the current but ailing patriarch of the Bush Family
Dynasty – I refer to them as the Bush Family Crime Syndicate, certainly
not in terms of endearment – but rather more like the Mafia Godfather
who prepares his sons to take over the family business upon his death.
This particular post references an article by Stew Webb, a contributor
of Veterans Today.

In his life-time, George H. W. Bush (GHWB) has controlled every
clandestine (hidden from view) and secret organization/operation within
the arsenal of the United States government as either 1) Director of the
CIA, 2) Vice President to Ronald Reagan (who was an unwitting puppet to
the Bush controlled cabal – GHWB secretly gave Reagan poisons that
hastened his fall into Alzheimer’s Disease and evidence suggests he
helped plan Reagan’ attempted assassination by John Hinckley, whose
family were close friends of the Bush family – a coincidence?) and 3)
ultimately as President of the United States before Bill Clinton took
office.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/13/2015 3:50 PM, The New Other Guy wrote:
> On 13 Nov 2015 22:12:02 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>
>> I buy the Tillamook pre-sliced cheddar cheese slices for my homemade
>> cheeseburgers. It's bad enough that "sharp" cheddar slices have been
>> discontinued, but now the medium cheddar slices have been corrupted.

> According to their website, NOT discontinued.
>
> COULD just be that stores in your area quit carrying them.

I have, on at least three prior occasions, written posts that delve into
the “alleged” lurid past of one of our former presidents, George Herbert
Walker Bush (GHWB), the current but ailing patriarch of the Bush Family
Dynasty – I refer to them as the Bush Family Crime Syndicate, certainly
not in terms of endearment – but rather more like the Mafia Godfather
who prepares his sons to take over the family business upon his death.
This particular post references an article by Stew Webb, a contributor
of Veterans Today.

In his life-time, George H. W. Bush (GHWB) has controlled every
clandestine (hidden from view) and secret organization/operation within
the arsenal of the United States government as either 1) Director of the
CIA, 2) Vice President to Ronald Reagan (who was an unwitting puppet to
the Bush controlled cabal – GHWB secretly gave Reagan poisons that
hastened his fall into Alzheimer’s Disease and evidence suggests he
helped plan Reagan’ attempted assassination by John Hinckley, whose
family were close friends of the Bush family – a coincidence?) and 3)
ultimately as President of the United States before Bill Clinton took
office.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/13/2015 3:48 PM, The New Other Guy wrote:
> On 13 Nov 2015 22:12:02 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>
>> Yes, we're talking seriously thin. About half as thick as a regular
>> American cheese slice. It's my own fault for not seeing the "Really
>> Thin" (in huge letters) on the pkg, but still.

> You're right, Up UNTIL the 'but still'..

I have, on at least three prior occasions, written posts that delve into
the “alleged” lurid past of one of our former presidents, George Herbert
Walker Bush (GHWB), the current but ailing patriarch of the Bush Family
Dynasty – I refer to them as the Bush Family Crime Syndicate, certainly
not in terms of endearment – but rather more like the Mafia Godfather
who prepares his sons to take over the family business upon his death.
This particular post references an article by Stew Webb, a contributor
of Veterans Today.

In his life-time, George H. W. Bush (GHWB) has controlled every
clandestine (hidden from view) and secret organization/operation within
the arsenal of the United States government as either 1) Director of the
CIA, 2) Vice President to Ronald Reagan (who was an unwitting puppet to
the Bush controlled cabal – GHWB secretly gave Reagan poisons that
hastened his fall into Alzheimer’s Disease and evidence suggests he
helped plan Reagan’ attempted assassination by John Hinckley, whose
family were close friends of the Bush family – a coincidence?) and 3)
ultimately as President of the United States before Bill Clinton took
office.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> And it's still listed on their web site.

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/13/2015 4:49 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Oops. Wrong link!

>> Omelet wrote:

>> He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...

> He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
> I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
> trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
> deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
> meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/13/2015 4:24 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> And it's still listed on their web site.

>> Omelet wrote:

>> He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...

> He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
> I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
> trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
> deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
> meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 16:32:02 -0700, Janet B >
wrote:

> Really thin is the new thing with pre-sliced cheeses. Personally, I
> hate (really hate) the extra thick sliced cheese. These variations in
> thickness is meant to appeal to various buyers. Anyway, cheese on a
> burger is nasty.

I was thinking I'd probably like the extra thin slices because that's
how I slice cheese for a sandwich anyway.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On 11/13/2015 10:09 PM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 16:32:02 -0700, Janet B >
> wrote:
>
>> Really thin is the new thing with pre-sliced cheeses. Personally, I
>> hate (really hate) the extra thick sliced cheese. These variations in
>> thickness is meant to appeal to various buyers. Anyway, cheese on a
>> burger is nasty.

> I was thinking I'd probably like the extra thin slices because I can scrape away some candida from my pus-filled **** as filler.

I have, on at least three prior occasions, written posts that delve into
the “alleged” lurid past of one of our former presidents, George Herbert
Walker Bush (GHWB), the current but ailing patriarch of the Bush Family
Dynasty – I refer to them as the Bush Family Crime Syndicate, certainly
not in terms of endearment – but rather more like the Mafia Godfather
who prepares his sons to take over the family business upon his death.
This particular post references an article by Stew Webb, a contributor
of Veterans Today.

In his life-time, George H. W. Bush (GHWB) has controlled every
clandestine (hidden from view) and secret organization/operation within
the arsenal of the United States government as either 1) Director of the
CIA, 2) Vice President to Ronald Reagan (who was an unwitting puppet to
the Bush controlled cabal – GHWB secretly gave Reagan poisons that
hastened his fall into Alzheimer’s Disease and evidence suggests he
helped plan Reagan’ attempted assassination by John Hinckley, whose
family were close friends of the Bush family – a coincidence?) and 3)
ultimately as President of the United States before Bill Clinton took
office.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"The New Other Guy" > wrote in message
> On 13 Nov 2015 22:12:02 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>
>>Yes, we're talking seriously thin. About half as thick as a regular
>>American cheese slice. It's my own fault for not seeing the "Really
>>Thin" (in huge letters) on the pkg, but still.

> You're right, Up UNTIL the 'but still'..

Is it very difficult to lay one or more slices on top of the other to make
up the desired thickenss?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 09:45:11 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>Is it very difficult to lay one or more slices on top of the other to make
>up the desired thickenss?

My experience is that it's more difficult to extract just one slice.
Even with normal slices they tear more often than not; I can't imagine
what my luck with "really thin" ones would be.

--
Bob
A shack on Sungoo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Opinicus" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 09:45:11 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>>Is it very difficult to lay one or more slices on top of the other to make
>>up the desired thickenss?

> My experience is that it's more difficult to extract just one slice.
> Even with normal slices they tear more often than not; I can't imagine
> what my luck with "really thin" ones would be.

So, even though they are thin cut, you can't separate them easily so you
have to eat them in a lump anyway? <g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, November 13, 2015 at 5:12:07 PM UTC-5, notbob wrote:
> I buy the Tillamook pre-sliced cheddar cheese slices for my homemade
> cheeseburgers. It's bad enough that "sharp" cheddar slices have been
> discontinued, but now the medium cheddar slices have been corrupted.
>
> I didn't notice until I was making a cheeseburger, today, that those
> same pre-sliced cheeses are now, "Really Thin" slices. WTF!?
>
> Yes, we're talking seriously thin. About half as thick as a regular
> American cheese slice. It's my own fault for not seeing the "Really
> Thin" (in huge letters) on the pkg, but still.

I buy "really thin" provolone for my husband, who is still seriously watching
his thermodynamics. He can put a couple of those on a crust
<http://www.flatoutbread.com/products/thin-crust-artisan-pizza/rustic-white/>
with tomato sauce and call it pizza. He hasn't eaten real pizza in more
than a year, so this more or less satisfies his cravings. He's lost
more than 160 pounds; now the really hard work begins.

You can, you know, use more than one slice on a cheeseburger. Not
that I'd know, since I don't put cheese on my burgers.

I bought a package of really thin Kraft mozzarella slices, which he
didn't like (not enough flavor). I've been eating them three at a
a time, melted onto a piece of multigrain toast that was rubbed with a
fresh garlic clove. It's good alongside a bowl of vegetable soup,
and amps up the meal's protein satisfactorily. So what if it's like
eating melted wax on a slice of garlic toast?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 6:08:32 AM UTC-5, Opinicus wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 09:45:11 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
> >Is it very difficult to lay one or more slices on top of the other to make
> >up the desired thickenss?

> My experience is that it's more difficult to extract just one slice.
> Even with normal slices they tear more often than not; I can't imagine
> what my luck with "really thin" ones would be.

The really thin Kraft ones that I bought have a sheet of paper between
each slice. I didn't pay attention to the price when I bought them, but
I bet it's considerably higher than the regular stuff.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
> On Friday, November 13, 2015 at 5:12:07 PM UTC-5, notbob wrote:
>> I buy the Tillamook pre-sliced cheddar cheese slices for my homemade
>> cheeseburgers. It's bad enough that "sharp" cheddar slices have been
>> discontinued, but now the medium cheddar slices have been corrupted.
>>
>> I didn't notice until I was making a cheeseburger, today, that those
>> same pre-sliced cheeses are now, "Really Thin" slices. WTF!?
>>
>> Yes, we're talking seriously thin. About half as thick as a regular
>> American cheese slice. It's my own fault for not seeing the "Really
>> Thin" (in huge letters) on the pkg, but still.

> I buy "really thin" provolone for my husband, who is still seriously
> watching
> his thermodynamics. He can put a couple of those on a crust
> <http://www.flatoutbread.com/products/thin-crust-artisan-pizza/rustic-white/>
> with tomato sauce and call it pizza. He hasn't eaten real pizza in more
> than a year, so this more or less satisfies his cravings. He's lost
> more than 160 pounds; now the really hard work begins.
>
> You can, you know, use more than one slice on a cheeseburger. Not
> that I'd know, since I don't put cheese on my burgers.
>
> I bought a package of really thin Kraft mozzarella slices, which he
> didn't like (not enough flavor). I've been eating them three at a
> a time, melted onto a piece of multigrain toast that was rubbed with a
> fresh garlic clove. It's good alongside a bowl of vegetable soup,
> and amps up the meal's protein satisfactorily. So what if it's like
> eating melted wax on a slice of garlic toast?

Please would you explain 'watching his thermodynamics' ?

The term is known to me.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 7:23:33 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> "Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
> > On Friday, November 13, 2015 at 5:12:07 PM UTC-5, notbob wrote:
> >> I buy the Tillamook pre-sliced cheddar cheese slices for my homemade
> >> cheeseburgers. It's bad enough that "sharp" cheddar slices have been
> >> discontinued, but now the medium cheddar slices have been corrupted.
> >>
> >> I didn't notice until I was making a cheeseburger, today, that those
> >> same pre-sliced cheeses are now, "Really Thin" slices. WTF!?
> >>
> >> Yes, we're talking seriously thin. About half as thick as a regular
> >> American cheese slice. It's my own fault for not seeing the "Really
> >> Thin" (in huge letters) on the pkg, but still.

> > I buy "really thin" provolone for my husband, who is still seriously
> > watching
> > his thermodynamics. He can put a couple of those on a crust
> > <http://www.flatoutbread.com/products/thin-crust-artisan-pizza/rustic-white/>
> > with tomato sauce and call it pizza. He hasn't eaten real pizza in more
> > than a year, so this more or less satisfies his cravings. He's lost
> > more than 160 pounds; now the really hard work begins.
> >
> > You can, you know, use more than one slice on a cheeseburger. Not
> > that I'd know, since I don't put cheese on my burgers.
> >
> > I bought a package of really thin Kraft mozzarella slices, which he
> > didn't like (not enough flavor). I've been eating them three at a
> > a time, melted onto a piece of multigrain toast that was rubbed with a
> > fresh garlic clove. It's good alongside a bowl of vegetable soup,
> > and amps up the meal's protein satisfactorily. So what if it's like
> > eating melted wax on a slice of garlic toast?
> >

> Please would you explain 'watching his thermodynamics' ?
>
> The term is known to me.

Calories in versus calories burned. Weight loss is, at the bottom,
all about thermodynamics, even if you can game your metabolism by
avoiding carbs and suchlike.

The Rutherford quote just popped into my head: "All science is either
physics or stamp collecting". I really have too much junk in my mental
attic.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "The New Other Guy" > wrote in message
>> On 13 Nov 2015 22:12:02 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>>
>>>Yes, we're talking seriously thin. About half as thick as a regular
>>>American cheese slice. It's my own fault for not seeing the "Really
>>>Thin" (in huge letters) on the pkg, but still.

>> You're right, Up UNTIL the 'but still'..

> Is it very difficult to lay one or more slices on top of the other to make
> up the desired thickenss?

No but it does get messy. I kept finding cheese shrapnel all over the
kitchen floor. This cheese is not only thin but brittle, especially at the
corner. Perhaps brittle isn't quite the right word. But the corners snap
off.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Opinicus" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 09:45:11 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>>Is it very difficult to lay one or more slices on top of the other to make
>>up the desired thickenss?

> My experience is that it's more difficult to extract just one slice.
> Even with normal slices they tear more often than not; I can't imagine
> what my luck with "really thin" ones would be.

Trust me, you'd have a really big mess. Thankfully I only bought a small
package. I made sure to use them up right away.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Ophelia" wrote:
> > Is it very difficult to lay one or more slices on top of the other to make
> > up the desired thickenss?

> No but it does get messy. I kept finding cheese shrapnel all over the
> kitchen floor.

All over the kitchen floor? You slob! ;-D

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 13:08:25 +0200, Opinicus
> wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 09:45:11 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
> >Is it very difficult to lay one or more slices on top of the other to make
> >up the desired thickenss?

> My experience is that it's more difficult to extract just one slice.
> Even with normal slices they tear more often than not; I can't imagine
> what my luck with "really thin" ones would be.

I thought cheese like that is packaged with something between each
slice.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
> On Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 7:23:33 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:

>> > I buy "really thin" provolone for my husband, who is still seriously
>> > watching
>> > his thermodynamics. He can put a couple of those on a crust
>> > <http://www.flatoutbread.com/products/thin-crust-artisan-pizza/rustic-white/>
>> > with tomato sauce and call it pizza. He hasn't eaten real pizza in
>> > more
>> > than a year, so this more or less satisfies his cravings. He's lost
>> > more than 160 pounds; now the really hard work begins.
>> >
>> > You can, you know, use more than one slice on a cheeseburger. Not
>> > that I'd know, since I don't put cheese on my burgers.
>> >
>> > I bought a package of really thin Kraft mozzarella slices, which he
>> > didn't like (not enough flavor). I've been eating them three at a
>> > a time, melted onto a piece of multigrain toast that was rubbed with a
>> > fresh garlic clove. It's good alongside a bowl of vegetable soup,
>> > and amps up the meal's protein satisfactorily. So what if it's like
>> > eating melted wax on a slice of garlic toast?
>> >

>> Please would you explain 'watching his thermodynamics' ?
>>
>> The term is known to me.

> Calories in versus calories burned.

Ahhh that I 'can' understand I had never heard it referred to as
'thermodynamics' but of course, logically, it is )

Weight loss is, at the bottom,
> all about thermodynamics, even if you can game your metabolism by
> avoiding carbs and suchlike.
>
> The Rutherford quote just popped into my head: "All science is either
> physics or stamp collecting". I really have too much junk in my mental
> attic.

lol I know what you mean)

Thank you

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 09:50:08 -0500, Gary > wrote:

> Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> > "Ophelia" wrote:
> > > Is it very difficult to lay one or more slices on top of the other to make
> > > up the desired thickenss?

> > No but it does get messy. I kept finding cheese shrapnel all over the
> > kitchen floor.

> All over the kitchen floor? You slob! ;-D

Keeping the floor clean is a dog's favorite job.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Opinicus" > wrote in message
> > On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 09:45:11 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Is it very difficult to lay one or more slices on top of the other to make
> >>up the desired thickenss?

> > My experience is that it's more difficult to extract just one slice.
> > Even with normal slices they tear more often than not; I can't imagine
> > what my luck with "really thin" ones would be.

> Trust me, you'd have a really big mess. Thankfully I only bought a small
> package. I made sure to use them up right away.

I often have deli swiss cheese on hand. I always ask them to cut very
thin. Just be careful and they will separate fine. Some things I want
it that thin. When I want thicker, I will put 2 slices on whatever.
Even 3 if I just want a swiss cheese sandwich. I've never had any
parts end up on the kitchen floor.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 10:34:33 -0500, Gary > wrote:

> Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> > "Opinicus" > wrote in message

> > > My experience is that it's more difficult to extract just one slice.
> > > Even with normal slices they tear more often than not; I can't imagine
> > > what my luck with "really thin" ones would be.

> > Trust me, you'd have a really big mess. Thankfully I only bought a small
> > package. I made sure to use them up right away.

> I often have deli swiss cheese on hand. I always ask them to cut very
> thin. Just be careful and they will separate fine. Some things I want
> it that thin. When I want thicker, I will put 2 slices on whatever.
> Even 3 if I just want a swiss cheese sandwich. I've never had any
> parts end up on the kitchen floor.

Wasn't she talking about something like a super thin Kraft singles vs
your deli cheese?

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 16:04:27 -0000, Janet > wrote:

>In article >, says...

snip

>> No but it does get messy. I kept finding cheese shrapnel all over the
>> kitchen floor.

> That's shrapnel from the bazookas.
>
> Janet UK

Shame! I made myself not go there.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/14/2015 10:34 AM, Gary wrote:

> I often have deli swiss cheese on hand.

Why? It is more expensive than wax and does not taste as good.

I work with a woman that said she does not like Swiss cheese. I said
"yes you do" and proved it. Like me growing up, her only exposure was
the bland deli stiff. I brought some real cheese from Switzerland
that has flavor. Emmental, Jarlsberg.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> Wasn't she talking about something like a super thin Kraft singles vs
> your deli cheese?

My deli cheese is cut super thin as requested.

No matter what she was talking about, only a slob would end up with
cheese parts on the kitchen floor. Do you have that problem too? Is
that why you are feebly trying to defend what she said?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 11/14/2015 10:34 AM, Gary wrote:
>

>> I often have deli swiss cheese on hand.

> Why? It is more expensive than wax and does not taste as good.
>
> I work with a woman that said she does not like Swiss cheese. I said "yes
> you do" and proved it. Like me growing up, her only exposure was the bland
> deli stiff. I brought some real cheese from Switzerland that has
> flavor. Emmental, Jarlsberg.

Lucky Lady)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 12:01:24 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 11/14/2015 10:34 AM, Gary wrote:
>

> > I often have deli swiss cheese on hand.

> Why? It is more expensive than wax and does not taste as good.
>
> I work with a woman that said she does not like Swiss cheese. I said
> "yes you do" and proved it. Like me growing up, her only exposure was
> the bland deli stiff. I brought some real cheese from Switzerland
> that has flavor. Emmental, Jarlsberg.

I don't like Swiss cheese. I don't like Emmenthaler, Gruyere, or Jarlsberg,
all of which I have tried.

Then again, I don't like any cheese very much, and the more flavor it has,
the less I like it.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 11/14/2015 10:34 AM, Gary wrote:
>

> > I often have deli swiss cheese on hand.

> Why? It is more expensive than wax and does not taste as good.
>
> I work with a woman that said she does not like Swiss cheese. I said
> "yes you do" and proved it. Like me growing up, her only exposure was
> the bland deli stiff. I brought some real cheese from Switzerland
> that has flavor. Emmental, Jarlsberg.

BS Ed. I have a wedge of Jarlsberg in my fridge and it doesn't taste
near as good as the deli swiss I have. And I bought that Jarlsberg
only because ppl here (Sheldon, I think) claimed how it was so much
better. Not for me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet B wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 13 Nov 2015 22:12:02 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>
> > I buy the Tillamook pre-sliced cheddar cheese slices for my homemade
> > cheeseburgers. It's bad enough that "sharp" cheddar slices have
> > been discontinued, but now the medium cheddar slices have been
> > corrupted.
> >
> > I didn't notice until I was making a cheeseburger, today, that those
> > same pre-sliced cheeses are now, "Really Thin" slices. WTF!?
> >
> > Yes, we're talking seriously thin. About half as thick as a regular
> > American cheese slice. It's my own fault for not seeing the "Really
> > Thin" (in huge letters) on the pkg, but still.
> >
> > I also notice Tillamook has stopped making "Vintage White Cheddar",
> > which is cheddar aged for 2 yrs. In short, Tillamood has taken it
> > in the shorts and is now jes crap cheese! So sad.
> >
> > nb

> Really thin is the new thing with pre-sliced cheeses. Personally, I
> hate (really hate) the extra thick sliced cheese. These variations in
> thickness is meant to appeal to various buyers. Anyway, cheese on a
> burger is nasty.
> Janet US

I use a cheese plane most of the time on a block. Stacking the slivers
doesn't bother me.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Nov 2015 12:10:41 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>sf wrote:
>>
>> Wasn't she talking about something like a super thin Kraft singles vs
>> your deli cheese?

>My deli cheese is cut super thin as requested.
>
>No matter what she was talking about, only a slob would end up with
>cheese parts on the kitchen floor. Do you have that problem too? Is
>that why you are feebly trying to defend what she said?

I didn't take sf comment as you did. I took it as a legitimate
question.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Opinicus" > wrote in message

>> > My experience is that it's more difficult to extract just one slice.
>> > Even with normal slices they tear more often than not; I can't imagine
>> > what my luck with "really thin" ones would be.

>> Trust me, you'd have a really big mess. Thankfully I only bought a small
>> package. I made sure to use them up right away.

> I often have deli swiss cheese on hand. I always ask them to cut very
> thin. Just be careful and they will separate fine. Some things I want
> it that thin. When I want thicker, I will put 2 slices on whatever.
> Even 3 if I just want a swiss cheese sandwich. I've never had any
> parts end up on the kitchen floor.

I've never had problems with Swiss. Currently have an open package from
Costco. It seems more flexible than cheddar.