Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lemon juice

Hi, folks - just dropping in for a "drop" of your wisdom.

How long is lemon juice good in the frig? I sometimes squeeze
a bunch of lemons from my tree -- less hassle than going to pick
one each time -- but wonder if that's OK. IOW, am I losing quality
and/or vitamin-inity by doing so?

Thanks for your input.

Hypatis
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 10:42:45 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> Hi, folks - just dropping in for a "drop" of your wisdom.
>
> How long is lemon juice good in the frig? I sometimes squeeze
> a bunch of lemons from my tree -- less hassle than going to pick
> one each time -- but wonder if that's OK. IOW, am I losing quality
> and/or vitamin-inity by doing so?
>
> Thanks for your input.
>
> Hypatis

I would freeze it. Not just refrigerate it. Put it in ice cube trays, freeze it and then pop them out into freezer bags for individual usage.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 10:42:45 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> Hi, folks - just dropping in for a "drop" of your wisdom.
>
> How long is lemon juice good in the frig? I sometimes squeeze
> a bunch of lemons from my tree -- less hassle than going to pick
> one each time -- but wonder if that's OK. IOW, am I losing quality
> and/or vitamin-inity by doing so?
>
> Thanks for your input.
>
> Hypatis

O,glorious wisdom! I came to the right place

Hypatia
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 6:20:21 PM UTC-4, Embudo wrote:

> I go 3-5 days with no loss of flavor.

It lasts even longer if you leave the juice in the lemon.

http://www.richardfisher.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 06:22:33 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person
> wrote:

> On Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 6:20:21 PM UTC-4, Embudo wrote:
> > >

> > I go 3-5 days with no loss of flavor.

> It lasts even longer if you leave the juice in the lemon.

+1 Why do people ask such stupid questions here?

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 8:51:56 AM UTC-7, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 06:22:33 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person
> > wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 6:20:21 PM UTC-4, Embudo wrote:
> > > >
> > > I go 3-5 days with no loss of flavor.

> > It lasts even longer if you leave the juice in the lemon.
> >

> +1 Why do people ask such stupid questions here?

not everyone has the experience or the years of cooking that most do here.
cut people some slack, they are asking questions and learning.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 09:23:18 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

> On Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 8:51:56 AM UTC-7, sf wrote:
> > On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 06:22:33 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person
> > > wrote:

> > > It lasts even longer if you leave the juice in the lemon.
> > >

> > +1 Why do people ask such stupid questions here?
> >

> not everyone has the experience or the years of cooking that most do here.
> cut people some slack, they are asking questions and learning.

People who prejuice lemons don't worry about vitamin loss. If they're
worried, don't do it or take a pill.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
> On Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 8:51:56 AM UTC-7, sf wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 06:22:33 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person
>> > wrote:

>> > It lasts even longer if you leave the juice in the lemon.
>> >

>> +1 Why do people ask such stupid questions here?
>>

> not everyone has the experience or the years of cooking that most do here.
> cut people some slack, they are asking questions and learning.

Quite!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 7:22 AM, Helpful person wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 6:20:21 PM UTC-4, Embudo wrote:
>>>

>> I go 3-5 days with no loss of flavor.

> It lasts even longer if you leave the juice in the lemon.
>
> http://www.richardfisher.com

No argument there, sometimes though one overshoots when juicing and the
overage gets stored in a jar.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Helpful person wrote:
>Embudo wrote:
>> >

>> I go 3-5 days with no loss of flavor.

>It lasts even longer if you leave the juice in the lemon.

I don't use enough lemons to stock up so I buy one or two and keep
them in the fridge, they can easily keep a couple of months. I think
freezing the squeezed juice makes it taste almost like bottled. But
if I remember correctly the OP has an overage of lemons from his lemon
tree. I wish I could grow citrus here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 09:23:18 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 8:51:56 AM UTC-7, sf wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 06:22:33 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person
>> > wrote:

>> > It lasts even longer if you leave the juice in the lemon.
>> >

>> +1 Why do people ask such stupid questions here?
>>

>not everyone has the experience or the years of cooking that most do here.
>cut people some slack, they are asking questions and learning.

Actually it's lard assed sf who gives the most asinine replies.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Arroyo seco wrote:
>Helpful person wrote:
>>Embudo wrote:
>>
>> It lasts even longer if you leave the juice in the lemon.

>No argument there, sometimes though one overshoots when juicing and the
>overage gets stored in a jar.

Sounds like the reply of a horse veterinarian. hehe
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 1:14 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Arroyo seco wrote:
>> Helpful person wrote:
>>> Embudo wrote:
>>>
>>> It lasts even longer if you leave the juice in the lemon.

>> No argument there, sometimes though one overshoots when juicing and the
>> overage gets stored in a jar.

> Sounds like the reply of a horse veterinarian. hehe

+1!

Good one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 09:23:18 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 8:51:56 AM UTC-7, sf wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 06:22:33 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person
>> > wrote:

>> > It lasts even longer if you leave the juice in the lemon.
>> >

>> +1 Why do people ask such stupid questions here?
>>

>not everyone has the experience or the years of cooking that most do here.
>cut people some slack, they are asking questions and learning.

Just another way barb wants to kill off this group.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 3:05 PM, Je�us wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 09:23:18 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> > wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 8:51:56 AM UTC-7, sf wrote:
>>> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 06:22:33 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person

>>> +1 Why do people ask such stupid questions here?
>>>

>> not everyone has the experience or the years of cooking that most do here.
>> cut people some slack, they are asking questions and learning.

> Just another way barb wants to kill off this group.

Bullshit lie.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-10-15 5:05 PM, Je�us wrote:

>> not everyone has the experience or the years of cooking that most do here.
>> cut people some slack, they are asking questions and learning.

> Just another way barb wants to kill off this group.

Wll... the fact is that there are some people who come in here and
intentionally ask really bloody stupid questions, often just to generate
some attention for themselves. Then there are a number of people who
are too thick to see the idiotic questions as the childish attention
seeking behaviour that it is.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2015-10-15 5:05 PM, Je�us wrote:
>
>>> not everyone has the experience or the years of cooking that most do
>>> here.
>>> cut people some slack, they are asking questions and learning.

>> Just another way barb wants to kill off this group.
>>

> Wll... the fact is that there are some people who come in here and
> intentionally ask really bloody stupid questions, often just to generate
> some attention for themselves. Then there are a number of people who are
> too thick to see the idiotic questions as the childish attention seeking
> behaviour that it is.

Sort of like the way some people (YOU) respond a hundred times or so a day
to every subject under the sun? You mean like that sad cry for attention?

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 4:02 PM, Cheri wrote:

>>> Just another way barb wants to kill off this group.
>>>

>> Wll... the fact is that there are some people who come in here and
>> intentionally ask really bloody stupid questions, often just to
>> generate some attention for themselves. Then there are a number of
>> people who are too thick to see the idiotic questions as the childish
>> attention seeking behaviour that it is.

> Sort of like the way some people (YOU) respond a hundred times or so a
> day to every subject under the sun? You mean like that sad cry for
> attention?
>
> Cheri

Ooopsie - someone tripped over his pot and kettle...

;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 15:41:36 -0600, Arroyo seco > wrote:

> On 10/15/2015 3:05 PM, Je?us wrote:
> > On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 09:23:18 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> > > wrote:

> >> not everyone has the experience or the years of cooking that most do here.
> >> cut people some slack, they are asking questions and learning.

> > Just another way barb wants to kill off this group.
> >

> Bullshit lie.

Yeah, *I'M* killing off the group. LOLOL

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 4:17 PM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 15:41:36 -0600, Arroyo seco > wrote:
>
>> On 10/15/2015 3:05 PM, Je?us wrote:
>>> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 09:23:18 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags

>>> Just another way barb wants to kill off this group.
>>>

>> Bullshit lie.

> Yeah, *I'M* killing off the group. LOLOL

OMG, it's a slow death though, innit?

:-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 15:02:01 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>>> Just another way barb wants to kill off this group.
>>>

>> Wll... the fact is that there are some people who come in here and
>> intentionally ask really bloody stupid questions, often just to generate
>> some attention for themselves. Then there are a number of people who are
>> too thick to see the idiotic questions as the childish attention seeking
>> behaviour that it is.

>Sort of like the way some people (YOU) respond a hundred times or so a day
>to every subject under the sun? You mean like that sad cry for attention?
>
>Cheri

Funny it was passing through my mind that he labours under a massive
weight of superiority, in his opinion.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 19:58:56 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2015-10-15 19:12, wrote:

>>> Sort of like the way some people (YOU) respond a hundred times or so a day
>>> to every subject under the sun? You mean like that sad cry for attention?
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> Funny it was passing through my mind that he labours under a massive
>> weight of superiority, in his opinion.

>It is not to hard to feel a sense of superiority when dealing with
>people like Cheri, who has trouble distinguishing between 10 and 100,
>and people like you who jump to bizarre conclusions. When you have
>trouble rebutting my comments you have to resort to lies and confused ad
>homenum.

Is ad homenum something you eat ?

I repeat to you, I don't lie. You accused me of lying about a man in
his forties playing soccer in NS, come to find out there is an over 45
League with a couple of players in their 60s! So explain where the
lie in that was ? You reckoned I made it up, meeting a forty year old
player.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Funny it was passing through my mind that he labours under a massive
>>> weight of superiority, in his opinion.

>> It is not to hard to feel a sense of superiority when dealing with
>> people like Cheri, who has trouble distinguishing between 10 and 100,
>> and people like you who jump to bizarre conclusions. When you have
>> trouble rebutting my comments you have to resort to lies and confused ad
>> homenum.
>>>

> Is ad homenum something you eat ?
>
> I repeat to you, I don't lie. You accused me of lying about a man in
> his forties playing soccer in NS, come to find out there is an over 45
> League with a couple of players in their 60s! So explain where the
> lie in that was ? You reckoned I made it up, meeting a forty year old
> player.

To set the record straight....

> I hate to disappoint you, but I am not a big fan of team sports. I
> appreciate that they are good way to keep kids active, but it is hard to
> keep up into adulthood. My son had a friend who wanted to include my son
> in tennis lessons. This guy had played professional football but later
> on lost interest in team sports in favour of what he called "sports for
> life", the sorts of things you could pursue in later years without
> having to deal witha bunch of people's schedules. All you need for
> tennis is to get one or three other people to meet for a few games.
> Things like bicycling, canoeing, kayaking, hiking. You can do them in
> groups or individually.

Totally incorrect - many play soccer well into their forties. I met
one of our ex soccer boys recently in a mall, still playing and
heading fifty now.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 15:02:01 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:

>>> Wll... the fact is that there are some people who come in here and
>>> intentionally ask really bloody stupid questions, often just to generate
>>> some attention for themselves. Then there are a number of people who
>>> are
>>> too thick to see the idiotic questions as the childish attention seeking
>>> behaviour that it is.

>>Sort of like the way some people (YOU) respond a hundred times or so a day
>>to every subject under the sun? You mean like that sad cry for attention?
>>
>>Cheri

> Funny it was passing through my mind that he labours under a massive
> weight of superiority, in his opinion.

He definitely does.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 8:51:56 AM UTC-7, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 06:22:33 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person
> > wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 6:20:21 PM UTC-4, Embudo wrote:
> > > >
> > > I go 3-5 days with no loss of flavor.

> > It lasts even longer if you leave the juice in the lemon.
> >

> +1 Why do people ask such stupid questions here?
>
> --
>
> sf

Perhaps it's the people with physical limitations such that it's difficult to juice by hand. But they live in an alternative universe where "stupid questions"
are charitably entertained.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> Just another way barb wants to kill off this group.
>>>

>> Wll... the fact is that there are some people who come in here and
>> intentionally ask really bloody stupid questions, often just to generate
>> some attention for themselves. Then there are a number of people who are
>> too thick to see the idiotic questions as the childish attention seeking
>> behaviour that it is.

> Sort of like the way some people (YOU) respond a hundred times or so a day
> to every subject under the sun? You mean like that sad cry for attention?

Yes! The nasty comments he continues to spew makes me wonder if he has ever
looked at himself and his postings!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 15:02:01 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:

>>> Wll... the fact is that there are some people who come in here and
>>> intentionally ask really bloody stupid questions, often just to generate
>>> some attention for themselves. Then there are a number of people who
>>> are
>>> too thick to see the idiotic questions as the childish attention seeking
>>> behaviour that it is.

>>Sort of like the way some people (YOU) respond a hundred times or so a day
>>to every subject under the sun? You mean like that sad cry for attention?
>>
>>Cheri

> Funny it was passing through my mind that he labours under a massive
> weight of superiority, in his opinion.

He isn't the only one!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 19:58:56 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>>On 2015-10-15 19:12, wrote:

>>> Funny it was passing through my mind that he labours under a massive
>>> weight of superiority, in his opinion.

>>It is not to hard to feel a sense of superiority when dealing with
>>people like Cheri, who has trouble distinguishing between 10 and 100,
>>and people like you who jump to bizarre conclusions. When you have
>>trouble rebutting my comments you have to resort to lies and confused ad
>>homenum.
>>>

> Is ad homenum something you eat ?
>
> I repeat to you, I don't lie. You accused me of lying about a man in
> his forties playing soccer in NS, come to find out there is an over 45
> League with a couple of players in their 60s! So explain where the
> lie in that was ? You reckoned I made it up, meeting a forty year old
> player.

lol

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Substituting Lime Juice for Lemon Juice Marilyn[_3_] Preserving 15 13-08-2010 03:49 PM
LEMON JUICE No Name General Cooking 1 16-01-2010 04:34 AM
Putting that lemon juice by again George Shirley Preserving 16 25-03-2008 07:48 PM
Lemon juice in marinade Nonnymus[_8_] Barbecue 1 01-07-2007 11:28 PM
replacing lemon juice elizabeth emerald General Cooking 33 02-12-2004 12:14 AM