Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pork chop and lamb chop

I was looking through the freezer for meats to use up and settled on
both a pork chop and a lamb chop. I'll prepare and cook them both the
same way with a rub of thyme, rosemary, S&P, chopped garlic and olive
oil. Then they will be seared on the stove top and finished in the
oven. I'm thinking rice and green beans to go with.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 8:54:12 AM UTC-10, Cheryl wrote:
> I was looking through the freezer for meats to use up and settled on
> both a pork chop and a lamb chop. I'll prepare and cook them both the
> same way with a rub of thyme, rosemary, S&P, chopped garlic and olive
> oil. Then they will be seared on the stove top and finished in the
> oven. I'm thinking rice and green beans to go with.
>

> --
> ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
> Cheryl

I had some pork loin for breakfast. It's some pretty weird stuff, the meat is flecked with fat throughout. I have no idea what that's about. I didn't want to spend a lot of time frying it up so it was cubed and dusted with a cornstarch and Korean pepper powder and fried in a good amount of oil at high heat for a couple of minutes. Then I made some fried rice and added the pork to that. Tasty pork fried rice!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/27/2015 4:53 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 8:54:12 AM UTC-10, Cheryl wrote:
>> I was looking through the freezer for meats to use up and settled
>> on both a pork chop and a lamb chop. I'll prepare and cook them
>> both the same way with a rub of thyme, rosemary, S&P, chopped
>> garlic and olive oil. Then they will be seared on the stove top
>> and finished in the oven. I'm thinking rice and green beans to go
>> with.
>>

>> -- ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶ Cheryl

> I had some pork loin for breakfast. It's some pretty weird stuff, the
> meat is flecked with fat throughout. I have no idea what that's
> about. I didn't want to spend a lot of time frying it up so it was
> cubed and dusted with a cornstarch and Korean pepper powder and fried
> in a good amount of oil at high heat for a couple of minutes. Then I
> made some fried rice and added the pork to that. Tasty pork fried
> rice!

I love fried rice. That sounds really good!

--
Cheryl