Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

Default The best wild rice

https://www.bineshiiwildrice.com/

ALL BINESHII WILD RICE IS:
- CANOE GATHERED
- HAND HARVESTED
- CEDAR WOOD PARCHED
- INDIVIDUAL 1-LB. PACKAGES
- GLUTEN FREE
- BATCHES NEVER MIXED
(TO ENSURE EVEN COOKING)
- ALL FROM THE FEDERALLY
PROTECTED LAKES OF
MINNESTOA (NO PESTICIDES)
- KEEPS FOR YEARS IN A DRY
AREA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 11:53:12 -0600, Kokopelli >
wrote:

>https://www.bineshiiwildrice.com/
>
>ALL BINESHII WILD RICE IS:
>- CANOE GATHERED
>- HAND HARVESTED
>- CEDAR WOOD PARCHED
>- INDIVIDUAL 1-LB. PACKAGES
>- GLUTEN FREE
>- BATCHES NEVER MIXED
>(TO ENSURE EVEN COOKING)
>- ALL FROM THE FEDERALLY
>PROTECTED LAKES OF
>MINNESTOA (NO PESTICIDES)
>- KEEPS FOR YEARS IN A DRY
>AREA

I like the "Canoe Gathered" part! :-)

I should start a competing wild rice business that is all harvested by
kayak!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/10/2015 4:45 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 11:53:12 -0600, Kokopelli >
> wrote:
>
>> https://www.bineshiiwildrice.com/
>>
>> ALL BINESHII WILD RICE IS:
>> - CANOE GATHERED
>> - HAND HARVESTED
>> - CEDAR WOOD PARCHED
>> - INDIVIDUAL 1-LB. PACKAGES
>> - GLUTEN FREE
>> - BATCHES NEVER MIXED
>> (TO ENSURE EVEN COOKING)
>> - ALL FROM THE FEDERALLY
>> PROTECTED LAKES OF
>> MINNESTOA (NO PESTICIDES)
>> - KEEPS FOR YEARS IN A DRY
>> AREA

> I like the "Canoe Gathered" part! :-)

All true too.

> I should start a competing wild rice business that is all harvested by
> kayak!
>
> John Kuthe...

But you're not an Indian, so...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 17:31:00 -0600, Kokopelli >
wrote:

>On 9/10/2015 4:45 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 11:53:12 -0600, Kokopelli >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> https://www.bineshiiwildrice.com/
>>>
>>> ALL BINESHII WILD RICE IS:
>>> - CANOE GATHERED
>>> - HAND HARVESTED
>>> - CEDAR WOOD PARCHED
>>> - INDIVIDUAL 1-LB. PACKAGES
>>> - GLUTEN FREE
>>> - BATCHES NEVER MIXED
>>> (TO ENSURE EVEN COOKING)
>>> - ALL FROM THE FEDERALLY
>>> PROTECTED LAKES OF
>>> MINNESTOA (NO PESTICIDES)
>>> - KEEPS FOR YEARS IN A DRY
>>> AREA

>> I like the "Canoe Gathered" part! :-)

>All true too.
>
>> I should start a competing wild rice business that is all harvested by
>> kayak!
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>But you're not an Indian, so...

Neither are the Native Americans.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/10/2015 5:42 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 17:31:00 -0600, Kokopelli >
> wrote:
>
>> On 9/10/2015 4:45 PM, John Kuthe wrote:

>>> I like the "Canoe Gathered" part! :-)

>> All true too.
>>
>>> I should start a competing wild rice business that is all harvested by
>>> kayak!
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...

>> But you're not an Indian, so...
>>

> Neither are the Native Americans.
>
> John Kuthe...

Let's not go down that whole land/sea bridge thing...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/10/2015 5:45 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 11:53:12 -0600, Kokopelli >
> wrote:
>
>> https://www.bineshiiwildrice.com/
>>
>> ALL BINESHII WILD RICE IS:
>> - CANOE GATHERED
>> - HAND HARVESTED
>> - CEDAR WOOD PARCHED
>> - INDIVIDUAL 1-LB. PACKAGES
>> - GLUTEN FREE
>> - BATCHES NEVER MIXED
>> (TO ENSURE EVEN COOKING)
>> - ALL FROM THE FEDERALLY
>> PROTECTED LAKES OF
>> MINNESTOA (NO PESTICIDES)
>> - KEEPS FOR YEARS IN A DRY
>> AREA

> I like the "Canoe Gathered" part! :-)
>
> I should start a competing wild rice business that is all harvested by
> kayak!

The commercially-grown 'wild rice' that is available in most stores is
paddy-grown and machine-harvested. It is black, hard, nasty shit.

REAL wild rice is an entirely different and much more tasty product.
It has a longer kernel and a light brown-green color. Well worth the
somewhat higher price.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Moe DeLoughan > wrote:
> On 9/10/2015 5:45 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 11:53:12 -0600, Kokopelli >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> https://www.bineshiiwildrice.com/
>>>
>>> ALL BINESHII WILD RICE IS:
>>> - CANOE GATHERED
>>> - HAND HARVESTED
>>> - CEDAR WOOD PARCHED
>>> - INDIVIDUAL 1-LB. PACKAGES
>>> - GLUTEN FREE
>>> - BATCHES NEVER MIXED
>>> (TO ENSURE EVEN COOKING)
>>> - ALL FROM THE FEDERALLY
>>> PROTECTED LAKES OF
>>> MINNESTOA (NO PESTICIDES)
>>> - KEEPS FOR YEARS IN A DRY
>>> AREA

>> I like the "Canoe Gathered" part! :-)
>>
>> I should start a competing wild rice business that is all harvested by
>> kayak!

> The commercially-grown 'wild rice' that is available in most stores is
> paddy-grown and machine-harvested. It is black, hard, nasty shit.
>
> REAL wild rice is an entirely different and much more tasty product. It
> has a longer kernel and a light brown-green color. Well worth the somewhat higher price.

+1!!
--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 6:45:12 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 11:53:12 -0600, Kokopelli >
> wrote:
>
> >https://www.bineshiiwildrice.com/
> >
> >ALL BINESHII WILD RICE IS:
> >- CANOE GATHERED
> >- HAND HARVESTED
> >- CEDAR WOOD PARCHED
> >- INDIVIDUAL 1-LB. PACKAGES
> >- GLUTEN FREE
> >- BATCHES NEVER MIXED
> >(TO ENSURE EVEN COOKING)
> >- ALL FROM THE FEDERALLY
> >PROTECTED LAKES OF
> >MINNESTOA (NO PESTICIDES)
> >- KEEPS FOR YEARS IN A DRY
> >AREA

> I like the "Canoe Gathered" part! :-)
>
> I should start a competing wild rice business that is all harvested by
> kayak!
>
> John Kuthe...

Stop replying to the troll, you mincing half-wit. The rest of us are smart enough to figure it out without an "adaptive kill filter".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 11:55:27 -0500, Moe DeLoughan >
wrote:

>The commercially-grown 'wild rice' that is available in most stores is
>paddy-grown and machine-harvested. It is black, hard, nasty shit.
>
>REAL wild rice is an entirely different and much more tasty product.
>It has a longer kernel and a light brown-green color. Well worth the
>somewhat higher price.

I did not realise that, so thanks. All the 'wild' rice I've tried has
been awful and as you described. If I can find the real deal, I'll
give it a try.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-09-21 4:36 PM, Je�us wrote:

>> REAL wild rice is an entirely different and much more tasty product.
>> It has a longer kernel and a light brown-green color. Well worth the
>> somewhat higher price.

> I did not realise that, so thanks. All the 'wild' rice I've tried has
> been awful and as you described. If I can find the real deal, I'll
> give it a try.

Real wild rice is not related to rice at all. It is a type of grass that
grows in shallow areas of lakes. It takes a lot longer to cook that
regular rice and is better if cooked about 1 part wild rice to 3-4 parts
long grain. It also helps to cook it in broth.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jeßus > wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 11:55:27 -0500, Moe DeLoughan >
> wrote:
>
>> The commercially-grown 'wild rice' that is available in most stores is
>> paddy-grown and machine-harvested. It is black, hard, nasty shit.
>>
>> REAL wild rice is an entirely different and much more tasty product.
>> It has a longer kernel and a light brown-green color. Well worth the
>> somewhat higher price.

> I did not realise that, so thanks. All the 'wild' rice I've tried has
> been awful and as you described. If I can find the real deal, I'll
> give it a try.

Look for rice that comes from Minnesota.
--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 21, 2015 at 8:01:06 PM UTC-6, Jinx the Minx wrote:
> Jeßus > wrote:
> > On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 11:55:27 -0500, Moe DeLoughan >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> The commercially-grown 'wild rice' that is available in most stores is
> >> paddy-grown and machine-harvested. It is black, hard, nasty shit.
> >>
> >> REAL wild rice is an entirely different and much more tasty product.
> >> It has a longer kernel and a light brown-green color. Well worth the
> >> somewhat higher price.

> > I did not realise that, so thanks. All the 'wild' rice I've tried has
> > been awful and as you described. If I can find the real deal, I'll
> > give it a try.

> Look for rice that comes from Minnesota.
> --
> jinx the minx

Also Manitoba has good wild rice IMHO.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 11:55:27 -0500, Moe DeLoughan >
wrote:
.....is not even RICE!

It's GRASS!!

So there ya GO!

****ers!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Roy > wrote:
> On Monday, September 21, 2015 at 8:01:06 PM UTC-6, Jinx the Minx wrote:
>> Jeßus > wrote:

>>> I did not realise that, so thanks. All the 'wild' rice I've tried has
>>> been awful and as you described. If I can find the real deal, I'll
>>> give it a try.

>> Look for rice that comes from Minnesota.
>> --
>> jinx the minx

> Also Manitoba has good wild rice IMHO.

You're probably right since they're right next door-- I'm just partial to
my locally grown and harvested rice.
--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 21, 2015 at 11:05:51 PM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 11:55:27 -0500, Moe DeLoughan >
> wrote:
> ....is not even RICE!
>
> It's GRASS!!
>
> So there ya GO!
>
> ****ers!
>
> John Kuthe...

We all know that it is grass...so what? No need for the language...you animal.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 22/09/2015 11:04 AM, Roy wrote:
> On Monday, September 21, 2015 at 11:05:51 PM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 11:55:27 -0500, Moe DeLoughan >
>> wrote:
>> ....is not even RICE!
>>
>> It's GRASS!!
>>
>> So there ya GO!
>>
>> ****ers!
>>
>> John Kuthe...

> We all know that it is grass...so what? No need for the language...you animal.

Just to clarify, they are both grasses.
Graham
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 17:39:28 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2015-09-21 4:36 PM, Je?us wrote:
>
>>> REAL wild rice is an entirely different and much more tasty product.
>>> It has a longer kernel and a light brown-green color. Well worth the
>>> somewhat higher price.

>> I did not realise that, so thanks. All the 'wild' rice I've tried has
>> been awful and as you described. If I can find the real deal, I'll
>> give it a try.
>>

>Real wild rice is not related to rice at all. It is a type of grass that
>grows in shallow areas of lakes. It takes a lot longer to cook that
>regular rice and is better if cooked about 1 part wild rice to 3-4 parts
>long grain. It also helps to cook it in broth.

I'm really beginning to wonder if it's worth it? Is there anything
about wild rice that is better than the 'cultivated' version?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 01:59:07 +0000 (UTC), jinx the minx
> wrote:

>Jeßus > wrote:
>> On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 11:55:27 -0500, Moe DeLoughan >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The commercially-grown 'wild rice' that is available in most stores is
>>> paddy-grown and machine-harvested. It is black, hard, nasty shit.
>>>
>>> REAL wild rice is an entirely different and much more tasty product.
>>> It has a longer kernel and a light brown-green color. Well worth the
>>> somewhat higher price.

>> I did not realise that, so thanks. All the 'wild' rice I've tried has
>> been awful and as you described. If I can find the real deal, I'll
>> give it a try.

>Look for rice that comes from Minnesota.

Thanks, with the caveat that I'm in Australia, I'll keep a look out
for it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 00:05:47 -0500, John Kuthe >
wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 11:55:27 -0500, Moe DeLoughan >
>wrote:
>....is not even RICE!
>
>It's GRASS!!
>
>So there ya GO!

So is wheat, oats, barley etc... not sure what yer point is.
It's no state secret.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-09-22 4:31 PM, Je�us wrote:

>> Real wild rice is not related to rice at all. It is a type of grass that
>> grows in shallow areas of lakes. It takes a lot longer to cook that
>> regular rice and is better if cooked about 1 part wild rice to 3-4 parts
>> long grain. It also helps to cook it in broth.

> I'm really beginning to wonder if it's worth it? Is there anything
> about wild rice that is better than the 'cultivated' version?

Cooked in a light broth along with long grain rice it has an earthy
taste and texture. IMO it is better than plain rice. Wild rice on its
own is not great.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 17:36:57 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2015-09-22 4:31 PM, Je?us wrote:
>
>>> Real wild rice is not related to rice at all. It is a type of grass that
>>> grows in shallow areas of lakes. It takes a lot longer to cook that
>>> regular rice and is better if cooked about 1 part wild rice to 3-4 parts
>>> long grain. It also helps to cook it in broth.

>> I'm really beginning to wonder if it's worth it? Is there anything
>> about wild rice that is better than the 'cultivated' version?
>>

>Cooked in a light broth along with long grain rice it has an earthy
>taste and texture. IMO it is better than plain rice. Wild rice on its
>own is not great.

Thanks Dave. You've convinced me to try it... once I find some real
wild rice.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-09-22 5:41 PM, Je�us wrote:

>> Cooked in a light broth along with long grain rice it has an earthy
>> taste and texture. IMO it is better than plain rice. Wild rice on its
>> own is not great.

> Thanks Dave. You've convinced me to try it... once I find some real
> wild rice.

Good luck with that. It is hard enough to find here, and it is expensive.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2015 12:55 PM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:
> On 9/10/2015 5:45 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 11:53:12 -0600, Kokopelli >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> https://www.bineshiiwildrice.com/
>>>
>>> ALL BINESHII WILD RICE IS:
>>> - CANOE GATHERED
>>> - HAND HARVESTED
>>> - CEDAR WOOD PARCHED
>>> - INDIVIDUAL 1-LB. PACKAGES
>>> - GLUTEN FREE
>>> - BATCHES NEVER MIXED
>>> (TO ENSURE EVEN COOKING)
>>> - ALL FROM THE FEDERALLY
>>> PROTECTED LAKES OF
>>> MINNESTOA (NO PESTICIDES)
>>> - KEEPS FOR YEARS IN A DRY
>>> AREA

>> I like the "Canoe Gathered" part! :-)
>>
>> I should start a competing wild rice business that is all harvested by
>> kayak!

Yeah, sure. John Kuthe lives in St. Louis, Missouri. Not exactly wild
rice country. No need to get excited about a canoe.

As for the other stuff, it's SPAM.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2015 5:39 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2015-09-21 4:36 PM, Je�us wrote:
>
>>> REAL wild rice is an entirely different and much more tasty product.
>>> It has a longer kernel and a light brown-green color. Well worth the
>>> somewhat higher price.

>> I did not realise that, so thanks. All the 'wild' rice I've tried has
>> been awful and as you described. If I can find the real deal, I'll
>> give it a try.
>>

> Real wild rice is not related to rice at all. It is a type of grass that
> grows in shallow areas of lakes. It takes a lot longer to cook that
> regular rice and is better if cooked about 1 part wild rice to 3-4 parts
> long grain. It also helps to cook it in broth.

Add lots of seasonings to that and you have a classic white & wild rice
mixture. I'll google for my homemade (rather than Uncle Ben's) recipe
later.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 06:33:42 +1000, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 00:05:47 -0500, John Kuthe >
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 11:55:27 -0500, Moe DeLoughan >
>>wrote:
>>....is not even RICE!
>>
>>It's GRASS!!
>>
>>So there ya GO!

>So is wheat, oats, barley etc... not sure what yer point is.
>It's no state secret.

Everybody has to hear that for their first time.

John Kuthe...

Member

I just always buy my wild rice from http://www.wildrice.com