Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Rec:Wild Rice with Dried Cherries and Scallions made in a rice cooker

Seems I have a new Cook Book
The Ultimate Rice Cooker CookBook.

Nice Book even tells you the size of the generic little scoop that comes
with the cooker (180 ml or 6 oz or 3/4 cup).

Wild Rice with Dried Cherries and Scallions
Suitable for a on/on type or a fuzzy logic type rice cooker.

1 cup Wild Rice (8oz)
2 1/2 cups chicken stock (20 oz)
4 scallions white part and some of the green, minced
2 tbsps cilantro chopped
1 cup dried cherries (I'm thinking dried cranberries would be more to my
taste)
1/3 tsp jalapeno pepper seeded and minced (I'm thinking more like a tsp)

Coat the rice cooker bowl with non-stick spray. Put the wild rice and
stock in the cooker bowl, swirl to mix. Close lid and select
regular/Brown rice cycle. When the cooker changes to keep warm, stir the
rice to disapate heat so it won't over cook and then scatter the
scallions, cherries and cilantro over the top. Cover and let steam for 15
minutes on keep warm. Stir to fluff rice and mix the serve.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore