Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ping Lucretia - Baileys Cheesecake.

Base: One packet of dark chocolate digestives (I used just short of a
packet for a 9 inch tin)
100g unsalted butter, melted.

Top:
One pot of Philadelphia cream cheese (about 200g)
One pot of Mascarpone (about 200/250g)
300 ml double cream (plus about 75ml for decorating the cake - optional)
100g icing sugar
A good measure of Baileys - I used a full whisky tumbler, and it was VERY
alcoholic, but you can use a lot less and still get the flavour
Grated good quality plain chocolate, as much as you like - I used about 60g
Cocoa powder

Melt the butter gently in a pan. Crush the biscuits into crumbs, the finer
the better. I used an electric mill. Mix together and press into the
bottom of a greased 9 inch springform tin with removable base and put in
fridge to harden (I put it in the freezer while I made the rest of the
cheesecake).

Beat together the two cheeses, the Baileys and the sugar until smooth. In a
separate bowl, beat 300ml of the cream until firm but still soft (go gently
as it thickens, you don't want a load of churned butter!). Fold this into
the cream mixture, along with the grated chocolate. Don't worry if your
lovely smooth mixture now becomes a little lumpy, it'll be fine.

Spoon over the biscuit base and leave in the fridge to set.

When ready (a few hours will do it), carefully remove the base from the tin
and dust the cake with cocoa powder (best to use a fine tea strainer if you
have one, a sieve can send the cocoa everywhere). Beat the remaining cream
and pipe rosettes of cream on the cake. Decorate with dark chocolate curls,
little triangles of dark chocolate, or individual Baileys truffles.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/28/2015 7:53 AM, wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Aug 2015 20:43:28 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>> Base: One packet of dark chocolate digestives (I used just short of a
>> packet for a 9 inch tin)
>> 100g unsalted butter, melted.
>>
>> Top:
>> One pot of Philadelphia cream cheese (about 200g)
>> One pot of Mascarpone (about 200/250g)
>> 300 ml double cream (plus about 75ml for decorating the cake - optional)
>> 100g icing sugar
>> A good measure of Baileys - I used a full whisky tumbler, and it was VERY
>> alcoholic, but you can use a lot less and still get the flavour
>> Grated good quality plain chocolate, as much as you like - I used about 60g
>> Cocoa powder
>>
>> Melt the butter gently in a pan. Crush the biscuits into crumbs, the finer
>> the better. I used an electric mill. Mix together and press into the
>> bottom of a greased 9 inch springform tin with removable base and put in
>> fridge to harden (I put it in the freezer while I made the rest of the
>> cheesecake).
>>
>> Beat together the two cheeses, the Baileys and the sugar until smooth. In a
>> separate bowl, beat 300ml of the cream until firm but still soft (go gently
>> as it thickens, you don't want a load of churned butter!). Fold this into
>> the cream mixture, along with the grated chocolate. Don't worry if your
>> lovely smooth mixture now becomes a little lumpy, it'll be fine.
>>
>> Spoon over the biscuit base and leave in the fridge to set.
>>
>> When ready (a few hours will do it), carefully remove the base from the tin
>> and dust the cake with cocoa powder (best to use a fine tea strainer if you
>> have one, a sieve can send the cocoa everywhere). Beat the remaining cream
>> and pipe rosettes of cream on the cake. Decorate with dark chocolate curls,
>> little triangles of dark chocolate, or individual Baileys truffles.

> Aah thanks - personally I like the use of marscapone - more indulgent.
> I shall make it next time I need one for a birthday happening

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/28/2015 5:43 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> Base: One packet overywhere). Beat the
> remaining cream and pipe rosettes of cream on the cake. Decorate with
> dark chocolate curls, little triangles of dark chocolate, or individual
> Baileys truffles.

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...