Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC: Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake

Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake

Base:

185g chocolate biscuit crumbs
60g icing sugar (1/3 cup)
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
60g butter, melted

Filling:

600g cream cheese, softened
250g caster sugar (1&1/4cups)
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons plain flour
3 eggs
125g mascarpone or 125mls sour cream
3 tablespoons Baileys, or any other Irish Cream liqueur. (I always use
more than 3!!)

To make Base: Preheat oven to 180c. Mix biscuit crumbs, icing sugar and
cocoa powder. Add melted butter and stir well to combine. Pat into bottom
of a 23cm spring-loaded pan. Bake in oven for 10mins, set aside. Increase
oven temp to 230c.

To make Filling: combine cream cheese, caster sugar, cocoa powder and
flour, beat at medium speed until well blended and smooth. Add eggs one at
a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in the mascarpone or sour
cream and Baileys, mixing at low speed. Pour filling over biscuit base.
Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temp to 120c and continue baking
for 60mins.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Tell me what you eat and I'll tell you who you are.

Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
Posted to rec.food.cooking
bob bob is offline

On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 04:28:23 +0000 (UTC), PeterL >
shouted from the highest rooftop:

>Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake

That is just plain EVIL ....

--

una cerveza mas por favor ...

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake

Lucas just changed a couple of words of following English recipe:

http://tinyurl.com/cqd7su

"PeterL" > wrote in message
.25...
> Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake
>
> Base:
>
> 185g chocolate biscuit crumbs
> 60g icing sugar (1/3 cup)
> 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
> 60g butter, melted
>
> Filling:
>
> 600g cream cheese, softened
> 250g caster sugar (1&1/4cups)
> 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
> 2 tablespoons plain flour
> 3 eggs
> 125g mascarpone or 125mls sour cream
> 3 tablespoons Baileys, or any other Irish Cream liqueur. (I always use
> more than 3!!)
>
> To make Base: Preheat oven to 180c. Mix biscuit crumbs, icing sugar and
> cocoa powder. Add melted butter and stir well to combine. Pat into bottom
> of a 23cm spring-loaded pan. Bake in oven for 10mins, set aside. Increase
> oven temp to 230c.
>
> To make Filling: combine cream cheese, caster sugar, cocoa powder and
> flour, beat at medium speed until well blended and smooth. Add eggs one at
> a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in the mascarpone or sour
> cream and Baileys, mixing at low speed. Pour filling over biscuit base.
> Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temp to 120c and continue baking
> for 60mins.
>

> --
> Peter Lucas
> Brisbane
> Australia
>
> Tell me what you eat and I'll tell you who you are.
>
> Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

bob > wrote in
:

> On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 04:28:23 +0000 (UTC), PeterL >
> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>
>>Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake

> That is just plain EVIL ....

:-)

I've tried it with Tia Maria and Khalua as well....... all good :-)

(We only have Baileys at the moment...... waiting, waiting, waiting for the
parcel in the mail......

http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/tia-...ml-glass-pack/ )

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Tell me what you eat and I'll tell you who you are.

Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

bob > wrote in
:

> On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 04:28:23 +0000 (UTC), PeterL >
> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>
>>Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake

> That is just plain EVIL ....

Oops, forgot........ waiting for this one as well........

http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/kahl...ml-aztec-pack/

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Kahlua Cheesecake Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Tell me what you eat and I'll tell you who you are.

Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Peter or an impostor posted:

> Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake
>
> Base:
>
> 185g chocolate biscuit crumbs
> 60g icing sugar (1/3 cup)
> 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
> 60g butter, melted
>
> Filling:
>
> 600g cream cheese, softened
> 250g caster sugar (1&1/4cups)
> 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
> 2 tablespoons plain flour
> 3 eggs
> 125g mascarpone or 125mls sour cream
> 3 tablespoons Baileys, or any other Irish Cream liqueur. (I always use
> more than 3!!)

<snip>

Oy-oy-oy! There's a fair dinkum difference between sour cream and
mascarpone. Do you have a preference?

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"PeterL" > wrote in message
.25...
> bob > wrote in
> :
>
>> On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 04:28:23 +0000 (UTC), PeterL >
>> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>>
>>>Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake

>> That is just plain EVIL ....
>>

> :-)
>

> I've tried it with Tia Maria and Khalua as well....... all good :-)
>

> (We only have Baileys at the moment...... waiting, waiting, waiting for
> the
> parcel in the mail......
>
> http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/tia-...ml-glass-pack/ )

Google is your friend when you are alone and want to bullshit on a mosquito
infected swampy island.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in
:

> Peter or an impostor posted:
>
>> Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake
>>
>> Base:
>>
>> 185g chocolate biscuit crumbs
>> 60g icing sugar (1/3 cup)
>> 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
>> 60g butter, melted
>>
>> Filling:
>>
>> 600g cream cheese, softened
>> 250g caster sugar (1&1/4cups)
>> 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
>> 2 tablespoons plain flour
>> 3 eggs
>> 125g mascarpone or 125mls sour cream
>> 3 tablespoons Baileys, or any other Irish Cream liqueur. (I always use
>> more than 3!!)

> <snip>
>
> Oy-oy-oy! There's a fair dinkum difference between sour cream and
> mascarpone. Do you have a preference?

I prefer it with the mascerpone. (Actually haven't tried it with the sour
cream as yet........ but it'd be much of a muchness as it's only a small
amout relative to the cream cheese.)

I usually use sour cream when I'm doing a citrus based cheesecake.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Tell me what you eat and I'll tell you who you are.

Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in news:2id4sb.h3t.17.1
@news.alt.net:

> Peter or an impostor posted:
>
>> Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake
>>
>> Base:
>>
>> 185g chocolate biscuit crumbs
>> 60g icing sugar (1/3 cup)
>> 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
>> 60g butter, melted
>>
>> Filling:
>>
>> 600g cream cheese, softened
>> 250g caster sugar (1&1/4cups)
>> 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
>> 2 tablespoons plain flour
>> 3 eggs
>> 125g mascarpone or 125mls sour cream
>> 3 tablespoons Baileys, or any other Irish Cream liqueur. (I always use
>> more than 3!!)

> <snip>
>
> Oy-oy-oy! There's a fair dinkum difference between sour cream and
> mascarpone. Do you have a preference?

Eckchewly..... there isn't that much difference at all.

"Can you explain the difference between Creme Fraiche, Sour Cream, Clotted
Cream and Mascarpone?

In a nutshell, soured cream is single cream (35% Fat or lower) that has been
given a sharp, sour edge by adding a bacterial culture and then incubated for
a period ; creme fraiche originates from France and is similarly cultured
but made from cream with a higher fat content and is richer and thicker with
a more subtle "Zing" rather than a distinct sourness. Mascarpone is the
Italian version of creme fraiche, still soured by a lactic culture but is
milder sweeter and more dense. They all have a delightful, piquant edge and
are perfect for partnering dense chocolate cakes, fresh fruit and berries,
and in a host of savoury applications including sauces. Clotted cream is made
by heating 45% fat Cream to a high temperature. The Fat particles in the
cream then "Clot to produce a wonderfully rich, almost caramel flavour.
Clotted cream is very thick and perfect for forming quinelles. The best has a
certain lactic edge to it, but it is not cultured like the others."

http://www.yeabrand.com.au/index.php...34&helpID=4863

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Tell me what you eat and I'll tell you who you are.

Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

Ping Lucretia - Baileys Cheesecake. Ophelia[_14_] General Cooking 3 01-09-2015 08:35 PM
REC: No bake Murphy's and Baileys cheesecake PLucas[_8_] General Cooking 0 11-03-2010 11:10 PM
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Tim Recipes 0 30-07-2005 02:52 AM
Baileys Chocolate Chip Cheesecake luckytrim Recipes (moderated) 0 03-01-2004 05:30 PM