Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default soya custard

I forgot who wanted to know how it worked.. maybe notbob?

2 eggs + one yolk + 1 level tbsp sugar +half a pint of soya milk +
a teasp, of vanilla. Cooked in a double pan made perfect pouring custard
for a fruit pie. Smooth and delicious.

I've saved some to see how firm it sets.

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-08-19, Janet > wrote:

> I forgot who wanted to know how it worked.. maybe notbob?

Yep.

> 2 eggs + one yolk + 1 level tbsp sugar +half a pint of soya milk +
> a teasp, of vanilla. Cooked in a double pan made perfect pouring
> custard for a fruit pie. Smooth and delicious.

Sounds pretty straigh forward, to me.

> I've saved some to see how firm it sets.

Perhaps needs some starch thickener or gelatin?

Keep us posted.

Thank you
nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/20/2015 12:47 AM, Janet wrote:

> I forgot who wanted to know how it worked.. maybe notbob?
>
> 2 eggs + one yolk + 1 level tbsp sugar +half a pint of soya milk +
> a teasp, of vanilla. Cooked in a double pan made perfect pouring custard
> for a fruit pie. Smooth and delicious.
>
> I've saved some to see how firm it sets.
>
> Janet UK

Mmmm hmmm...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/20/2015 1:45 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2015-08-19, Janet > wrote:
>
>> I forgot who wanted to know how it worked.. maybe notbob?

Mmmm hmmm...

What can one do with soya beans? Justin Thyme General Cooking 82 24-11-2015 08:03 PM
Best dried soya mince Rob[_46_] Vegan 0 18-04-2014 08:04 AM
Soya milk makers t8769 Vegan 1 07-02-2007 12:12 PM
Soya milk makers t8769 Vegan 0 07-02-2007 12:04 PM
Soya baby formula Red Vegan 8 26-02-2005 09:20 AM