Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Radish rot

On 8/17/2015 1:38 AM, Janet wrote:
> In article >,
> says...
>>
>> On Sat, 15 Aug 2015 10:46:32 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> In case you haven't noticed, there is a drought here and in CA. Probably in
>>> OR too. That is affecting everything. Please stop thinking that every
>>> other place in the world is like where you live. It isn't. And vegetable
>>> stands? What are those? I've never seen anything like that here.

>> Julie, it isn't all about you. The left third of the US is in drought
>> (maybe more) The top half of my state has been declared a disaster
>> area because of drought. The rest of the my state (and many other
>> states is burning up). Temperatures here have been well over 100F. I
>> can still get good vegetables at any supermarket. Over time I have,
>> and I am sure many others here, have gone to the supermarket with
>> various braces, slings, stitches, bruises and abrasions or a friend or
>> family member went for us if we truly couldn't leave the house.
>> BTW, there are people on this newsgroup that have most all of you
>> medical/physical problems and most probably worse and you don't hear
>> them going on and on about their health.
>> There are people on this newsgroup that have daily irritations,
>> serious setbacks in their finances and surroundings, daily tasks, work
>> as well as interactions with family and they don't go on and on about
>> it. Ranchers are having to go out and kill their livestock that have
>> been burned and pick up the stock that is already dead. Farmers have
>> lost all of their crops. Suck it up! No one thinks your travails are
>> special. It's just part of day-to-day life.
>> Janet US

> +1000
>
> Janet UK

Mmmm hmmm...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/16/2015 10:48 PM, Gary wrote:
> Janet B wrote:

>>> In case you haven't noticed, there is a drought here and in CA. Probably in
>>> OR too. That is affecting everything. Please stop thinking that every
>>> other place in the world is like where you live. It isn't.

> You are correct, evidently. In my area, we have trucks that deliver
> produce from all over the world on a regular basis. I've never seen
> "Less variety and smaller displays" in any of my grocery stores.
>
>>> And vegetable
>>> stands? What are those? I've never seen anything like that here.

> If you ask, "vegetable stands? What are those?" then you've never seen
> them anywhere or even heard of them? Please.
>

>> Julie, it isn't all about you. The left third of the US is in drought
>> (maybe more) The top half of my state has been declared a disaster
>> area because of drought. The rest of the my state (and many other
>> states is burning up). Temperatures here have been well over 100F. I
>> can still get good vegetables at any supermarket.

> In your area too? What are the odds? ;-D

Mmmm hmmm...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 15 Aug 2015 23:04:59 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Janet B" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Sat, 15 Aug 2015 18:26:15 -0700, "Julie Bove"

m...

>>> In your very first response in this thread, you brought in all the
>>> other stuff.
>>> There was nothing nasty about telling you that everyone has problems
>>> and they don't use them as an a constant explanation why they didn't
>>> do something. I also told you that the problem is bigger than what
>>> surrounds you. You replied to Gary "Please stop thinking that every
>>> other place in the world is like where you live." The converse is
>>> also true, Bothell and the Bove family are not alone in problems and
>>> tragedy. BTW, I have never told anyone to die. Even though I seem to
>>> have gotten stuck in your craw by telling you some truths, telling me
>>> to die is a bit much. Are you stomping your feet and sticking out
>>> your tongue in addition to calling names?
>>> Janet US

>>I never said that Janet. But you seem to think so.

> Yes you did. You said "You can just FOAD." It's in the last paragraph
> written by you above.

I think some attributions are mixed up. I sure did tell her that. She was
being a bitch. I am sick of people here like that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"The Other Guy" > wrote in message
news
> On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 10:12:20 -0400, Doris Night >
> wrote:
>
>>Yes you did. You said "You can just FOAD." It's in the last paragraph
>>written by you above.

> She SAID that because you WERE being a bitch, so it was somewhat deserved.

I said it to one of the Janets who was inferring that I thought things were
all about me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Janet B wrote:

>> >In case you haven't noticed, there is a drought here and in CA.
>> >Probably in
>> >OR too. That is affecting everything. Please stop thinking that every
>> >other place in the world is like where you live. It isn't.

> You are correct, evidently. In my area, we have trucks that deliver
> produce from all over the world on a regular basis. I've never seen
> "Less variety and smaller displays" in any of my grocery stores.
>
>> >And vegetable
>> >stands? What are those? I've never seen anything like that here.

> If you ask, "vegetable stands? What are those?" then you've never seen
> them anywhere or even heard of them? Please.

No. I have not. I was serious when I asked this. Once in a while I see a
guy by the road selling strawberries and we have stands of Yakima cherries.
In Eastern Washington, I have seen apple stands. I don't think I have ever
seen a vegetable stand.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 12:09:23 -0700, The Other Guy
> wrote:

>On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 10:12:20 -0400, Doris Night >
>wrote:
>
>>Yes you did. You said "You can just FOAD." It's in the last paragraph
>>written by you above.

>She SAID that because you WERE being a bitch, so it was somewhat deserved.

No, she wasn't. You might want to re-read the thread and revise your
comment.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Roy" > wrote in message
> On Friday, August 14, 2015 at 8:34:18 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:

>> > Most likely damage from flea beetles. Their larvae also infect turnips
>> > and
>> > canola.
>> >
>> > I wouldn't buy ANY foods from Amazon...they are not a food
>> > wholesaler...
>> > smarten up.
>> > ====

>> You only buy from Wholesalers?

> No, but I have the option of buying "selected" merchandise from
> a supply business which services Mom & Pop stores, bush camps,
> individuals, cafes, etc., at discounted prices...but not as
> cheaply as true wholesale businesses.
>
> I don't think you know how business works in regard to retail and
> wholesale...many times the lines are blurred when these so-called "supply
> outlets" get in the mix. Times have changed, there's no
> doubt about it.
>
> If you want wholesale prices now-a-days even the supplier as
> in a farm sales outlet can fool you and one can be paying near full retail
> price without realizing it.
> ========

You left out jobbers. Although I doubt there are any jobbers selling
produce.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 14:09:09 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Doris Night" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 15 Aug 2015 23:04:59 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

om...

>>>I never said that Janet. But you seem to think so.

>> Yes you did. You said "You can just FOAD." It's in the last paragraph
>> written by you above.

>I think some attributions are mixed up. I sure did tell her that. She was
>being a bitch. I am sick of people here like that.

So Janet was correct (of course). You denied saying it, even though it
was plain to see that you /did/ tell her to die. So where do the
attributions alter that fact? No admission of clearly being wrong, let
alone an apology, of course.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"The Other Guy" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 15 Aug 2015 23:02:49 -0700, "Julie Bove" >
> wrote:
>

>>"The Other Guy" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Says more about THEM than it does about you, always has.
>>>
>>> Of COURSE high temps will change what's available,
>>> and what is considered 'high' is a LOCAL thing,
>>> not a universal thing.
>>>
>>> Hit 97 today where I live, old record for the day was 89.
>>> But humidity was been low, and that's helped a LOT.

>>Our temps are down and humidity up. It is 72 in the house and I am
>>shivering as I have adjusted to the hotter weather. Temp. is supposed to
>>go
>>back up tomorrow.

> It never got THAT cold overnight here outside, let alone inside.
> Was still 81 inside when I got up a few hours ago.
>
> Don't LIKE AC, but would almost kill for it right now.
>
> THEN a mid-air collision of 2 planes near here, REALLY not a good day.

Our temp. got to 53 overnight. So it was 96 a couple of weeks ago and
dipped down to 53. Sudden temp. changes like that tend to make people feel
unwell. It's currently 72 outside and 77 in the house.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/16/2015 5:12 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Gary" > wrote in message
>>
>> If you ask, "vegetable stands? What are those?" then you've never seen
>> them anywhere or even heard of them? Please.

> No. I have not. I was serious when I asked this. Once in a while I
> see a guy by the road selling strawberries and we have stands of Yakima
> cherries. In Eastern Washington, I have seen apple stands. I don't
> think I have ever seen a vegetable stand.

I won't bother to look it up but I'm pretty sure at some point you've
mentioned what some folks call vegetable stands. Specifically places
where vegetables were left out on tables in the sun with no attendant,
just an honor box for paying for whatever is purchased.

I've never seen one of *those*. The farm/vegetable stands around here
always have someone in attendance. They also have canopies erected over
the tables to keep the produce in the shade.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Aug 2015 21:18:43 -0600, Janet B >
wrote:

>On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 08:37:18 +1000, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 15 Aug 2015 11:58:36 -0600, Janet B >
>>wrote:

>>>Add gypsum to your soil. It will change the nature of the clay. See
>>>here for complete info. It's good stuff.
>>>http://www.cmtmi.com/gypsum.asp
>>>The amendments you are adding are excellent but they are needed in
>>>addition to gypsum.

>>Thanks Janet, sadly gypsum doesn't work on the type of clay I have.
>>I found that out after many bags of gypsum. There is a simple test you
>>can do to determine if the clay is suitable for gypsum or not (I found
>>this out after the fact, of course).
>>
>>It's alright now, though. There's that much organic matter through the
>>soil now, I'm close to winning If I do the same next year, there
>>shouldn't be any clumping whatsoever.

>I'm sorry to hear that gypsum won't work for you. It works a charm
>for me. It's been probably 10 years since I applied any gypsum. I
>need to do it again this fall. I get soil that I can't put a shovel
>in more than an inch or so Thanks for the reminder

Damn... your grounds nasty :/
Mine has never been hard like that (unless bone dry), but the clay is
very thick and heavy. Very high in nutrients though, most of my front
ground is all old river bed. There's gold in it too, but not enough to
make it worth extracting. There *have* been decent sized nuggets found
here, but I haven't found any on my property of any real size.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/17/2015 7:17 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "The Other Guy" > wrote in message
>>
>> It never got THAT cold overnight here outside, let alone inside.
>> Was still 81 inside when I got up a few hours ago.
>>
>> Don't LIKE AC, but would almost kill for it right now.
>>
>> THEN a mid-air collision of 2 planes near here, REALLY not a good day.

> Our temp. got to 53 overnight. So it was 96 a couple of weeks ago and
> dipped down to 53. Sudden temp. changes like that tend to make people
> feel unwell. It's currently 72 outside and 77 in the house.

Mmmm hmmm...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/17/2015 7:19 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 8/16/2015 5:12 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Gary" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> If you ask, "vegetable stands? What are those?" then you've never seen
>>> them anywhere or even heard of them? Please.

>> No. I have not. I was serious when I asked this. Once in a while I
>> see a guy by the road selling strawberries and we have stands of Yakima
>> cherries. In Eastern Washington, I have seen apple stands. I don't
>> think I have ever seen a vegetable stand.
>>

> I won't bother to look it up but I'm pretty sure at some point you've
> mentioned what some folks call vegetable stands. Specifically places
> where vegetables were left out on tables in the sun with no attendant,
> just an honor box for paying for whatever is purchased.
>
> I've never seen one of *those*. The farm/vegetable stands around here
> always have someone in attendance. They also have canopies erected over
> the tables to keep the produce in the shade.
>
> Jill

Mmmm hmmm...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/17/2015 7:09 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "The Other Guy" > wrote in message
> news
>> On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 10:12:20 -0400, Doris Night
>> >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes you did. You said "You can just FOAD." It's in the last paragraph
>>> written by you above.

>> She SAID that because you WERE being a bitch, so it was somewhat
>> deserved.

> I said it to one of the Janets who was inferring that I thought things
> were all about me.

Mmmm hmmm...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/17/2015 7:09 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Doris Night" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 15 Aug 2015 23:04:59 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> I never said that Janet. But you seem to think so.

>> Yes you did. You said "You can just FOAD." It's in the last paragraph
>> written by you above.

> I think some attributions are mixed up. I sure did tell her that. She
> was being a bitch. I am sick of people here like that.

Mmmm hmmm...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/17/2015 7:13 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Roy" > wrote in message

>>> them >> >>this
>>> without >> >>the
>>> the >> >>bag
>>> cut >> >>off
>>> two >> >>more
>>> outside. >> >>So

>>> turnips > and

>>> wholesaler...
>>>
>>> You only buy from Wholesalers?

>> No, but I have the option of buying "selected" merchandise from
>> a supply business which services Mom & Pop stores, bush camps,
>> individuals, cafes, etc., at discounted prices...but not as
>> cheaply as true wholesale businesses.
>>
>> I don't think you know how business works in regard to retail and
>> wholesale...many times the lines are blurred when these so-called
>> "supply outlets" get in the mix. Times have changed, there's no
>> doubt about it.
>>
>> If you want wholesale prices now-a-days even the supplier as
>> in a farm sales outlet can fool you and one can be paying near full
>> retail price without realizing it.
>> ========

> You left out jobbers. Although I doubt there are any jobbers selling
> produce.

Mmmm hmmm...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/17/2015 7:12 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Gary" > wrote in message
>> Janet B wrote:

>>> guess >>> that

>> You are correct, evidently. In my area, we have trucks that deliver
>> produce from all over the world on a regular basis. I've never seen
>> "Less variety and smaller displays" in any of my grocery stores.

>> If you ask, "vegetable stands? What are those?" then you've never seen
>> them anywhere or even heard of them? Please.

> No. I have not. I was serious when I asked this. Once in a while I
> see a guy by the road selling strawberries and we have stands of Yakima
> cherries. In Eastern Washington, I have seen apple stands. I don't
> think I have ever seen a vegetable stand.

Mmmm hmmm...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/17/2015 7:28 AM, Je�us wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Aug 2015 21:18:43 -0600, Janet B >
> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 08:37:18 +1000, Jeßus > wrote:

>>> Thanks Janet, sadly gypsum doesn't work on the type of clay I have.
>>> I found that out after many bags of gypsum. There is a simple test you
>>> can do to determine if the clay is suitable for gypsum or not (I found
>>> this out after the fact, of course).
>>>
>>> It's alright now, though. There's that much organic matter through the
>>> soil now, I'm close to winning If I do the same next year, there
>>> shouldn't be any clumping whatsoever.

>> I'm sorry to hear that gypsum won't work for you. It works a charm
>> for me. It's been probably 10 years since I applied any gypsum. I
>> need to do it again this fall. I get soil that I can't put a shovel
>> in more than an inch or so Thanks for the reminder

> Damn... your grounds nasty :/
> Mine has never been hard like that (unless bone dry), but the clay is
> very thick and heavy. Very high in nutrients though, most of my front
> ground is all old river bed. There's gold in it too, but not enough to
> make it worth extracting. There *have* been decent sized nuggets found
> here, but I haven't found any on my property of any real size.

Mmmm hmmm...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/17/2015 7:17 AM, Je�us wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 14:09:09 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> "Doris Night" > wrote in message
>>> On Sat, 15 Aug 2015 23:04:59 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> Yes you did. You said "You can just FOAD." It's in the last paragraph
>>> written by you above.

>> I think some attributions are mixed up. I sure did tell her that. She was
>> being a bitch. I am sick of people here like that.

> So Janet was correct (of course). You denied saying it, even though it
> was plain to see that you /did/ tell her to die. So where do the
> attributions alter that fact? No admission of clearly being wrong, let
> alone an apology, of course.

Mmmm hmmm...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/17/2015 7:13 AM, Je�us wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 12:09:23 -0700, The Other Guy
> > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 10:12:20 -0400, Doris Night >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes you did. You said "You can just FOAD." It's in the last paragraph
>>> written by you above.

>> She SAID that because you WERE being a bitch, so it was somewhat deserved.

> No, she wasn't. You might want to re-read the thread and revise your
> comment.

Mmmm hmmm...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/17/2015 7:35 AM, The Other Guy wrote:

>>> It never got THAT cold overnight here outside, let alone inside.
>>> Was still 81 inside when I got up a few hours ago.
>>>
>>> Don't LIKE AC, but would almost kill for it right now.
>>>
>>> THEN a mid-air collision of 2 planes near here, REALLY not a good day.

>> Our temp. got to 53 overnight. So it was 96 a couple of weeks ago and
>> dipped down to 53. Sudden temp. changes like that tend to make people feel
>> unwell. It's currently 72 outside and 77 in the house.

> Today, it's currently 91 outside, with near 50% humidity.
> It's 90 inside, with a bit over 50% humidity, and 3 fans running.
>
> It's supposed to cool by 10 degrees or more over the next 5-6 days.

Mmmm hmmm...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 14:12:11 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Gary" > wrote in message ...
>> Janet B wrote:

>> If you ask, "vegetable stands? What are those?" then you've never seen
>> them anywhere or even heard of them? Please.

>No. I have not. I was serious when I asked this. Once in a while I see a
>guy by the road selling strawberries and we have stands of Yakima cherries.
>In Eastern Washington, I have seen apple stands. I don't think I have ever
>seen a vegetable stand.

Absolute bullshit, you're lying. Again.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/17/2015 7:46 AM, Je�us wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 14:12:11 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

>>> If you ask, "vegetable stands? What are those?" then you've never seen
>>> them anywhere or even heard of them? Please.

>> No. I have not. I was serious when I asked this. Once in a while I see a
>> guy by the road selling strawberries and we have stands of Yakima cherries.
>> In Eastern Washington, I have seen apple stands. I don't think I have ever
>> seen a vegetable stand.

> Absolute bullshit, you're lying. Again.

Mmmm hmmm...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 07:28:07 +1000, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Sat, 15 Aug 2015 21:18:43 -0600, Janet B >
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 08:37:18 +1000, Jeßus > wrote:

>>>Thanks Janet, sadly gypsum doesn't work on the type of clay I have.
>>>I found that out after many bags of gypsum. There is a simple test you
>>>can do to determine if the clay is suitable for gypsum or not (I found
>>>this out after the fact, of course).
>>>
>>>It's alright now, though. There's that much organic matter through the
>>>soil now, I'm close to winning If I do the same next year, there
>>>shouldn't be any clumping whatsoever.

>>I'm sorry to hear that gypsum won't work for you. It works a charm
>>for me. It's been probably 10 years since I applied any gypsum. I
>>need to do it again this fall. I get soil that I can't put a shovel
>>in more than an inch or so Thanks for the reminder

>Damn... your grounds nasty :/
>Mine has never been hard like that (unless bone dry), but the clay is
>very thick and heavy. Very high in nutrients though, most of my front
>ground is all old river bed. There's gold in it too, but not enough to
>make it worth extracting. There *have* been decent sized nuggets found
>here, but I haven't found any on my property of any real size.

when we first moved here, my dog was digging around in the creek. He
found a complete femur. Yikes.! This area is The Old West. I was
afraid he was going to dig up more body. I took the bone to a
professor at the university, he studied it and said it was the bone
from a young beef. The creek drainage used to be called Slaughter
House Gulch because the slaughter house was further up stream. What a
relief to find out that I didn't have some corpses from a shootout
over gold or an opium deal gone bad. I would have preferred to find
some gold I did go panning for gold at one time up in the area
where first the white man and then the Chinese had worked for gold. I
didn't find anything but a few grains. But, it was a fun way to spend
a weekend.
Good luck with your garden this year!
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/17/2015 9:07 AM, The Other Guy wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 16:58:24 -0600, Janet B > wrote:
>
>> What a relief to find out that I didn't have some corpses from a shootout
>> over gold or an opium deal gone bad.

> I can only imagine the stress, AND the relief.

Mmmm hmmm...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/17/2015 8:58 AM, Janet B wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 07:28:07 +1000, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 15 Aug 2015 21:18:43 -0600, Janet B >
>> wrote:

>>> I'm sorry to hear that gypsum won't work for you. It works a charm
>>> for me. It's been probably 10 years since I applied any gypsum. I
>>> need to do it again this fall. I get soil that I can't put a shovel
>>> in more than an inch or so Thanks for the reminder

>> Damn... your grounds nasty :/
>> Mine has never been hard like that (unless bone dry), but the clay is
>> very thick and heavy. Very high in nutrients though, most of my front
>> ground is all old river bed. There's gold in it too, but not enough to
>> make it worth extracting. There *have* been decent sized nuggets found
>> here, but I haven't found any on my property of any real size.

> when we first moved here, my dog was digging around in the creek. He
> found a complete femur. Yikes.! This area is The Old West. I was
> afraid he was going to dig up more body. I took the bone to a
> professor at the university, he studied it and said it was the bone
> from a young beef. The creek drainage used to be called Slaughter
> House Gulch because the slaughter house was further up stream. What a
> relief to find out that I didn't have some corpses from a shootout
> over gold or an opium deal gone bad. I would have preferred to find
> some gold I did go panning for gold at one time up in the area
> where first the white man and then the Chinese had worked for gold. I
> didn't find anything but a few grains. But, it was a fun way to spend
> a weekend.
> Good luck with your garden this year!
> Janet US

Mmmm hmmm...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-08-16 5:17 PM, Je�us wrote:

> So Janet was correct (of course). You denied saying it, even though it
> was plain to see that you /did/ tell her to die. So where do the
> attributions alter that fact? No admission of clearly being wrong, let
> alone an apology, of course.

Give her a break. She didn't remember writing that. That is a perfectly
valid reason for her to get tripped up in her lies.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/17/2015 10:07 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2015-08-16 5:17 PM, Je�us wrote:
>
>> So Janet was correct (of course). You denied saying it, even though it
>> was plain to see that you /did/ tell her to die. So where do the
>> attributions alter that fact? No admission of clearly being wrong, let
>> alone an apology, of course.
>>

> Give her a break. She didn't remember writing that. That is a perfectly
> valid reason for her to get tripped up in her lies.

Mmmm hmmm...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-08-16 5:19 PM, jmcquown wrote:

> I won't bother to look it up but I'm pretty sure at some point you've
> mentioned what some folks call vegetable stands. Specifically places
> where vegetables were left out on tables in the sun with no attendant,
> just an honor box for paying for whatever is purchased.
>
> I've never seen one of *those*. The farm/vegetable stands around here
> always have someone in attendance. They also have canopies erected over
> the tables to keep the produce in the shade.

Our local vegetable stand is often unattended. Sometimes you can push
the button to ring a bell and the owner will come out. Other times they
have a cash box with a slot and there is an honour system. My son
remarked on that one day. I don't remember if he was living in Montreal
or Toronto at the time, but he said that where he lived no one in their
right mind would leave goods for sale on an honour system, and the money
box would have disappeared in minutes. We live in an area where were
can leave our doors unlocked even if we are not home.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 14:09:09 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>"Doris Night" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Sat, 15 Aug 2015 23:04:59 -0700, "Julie Bove"
m...

>>> Yes you did. You said "You can just FOAD." It's in the last paragraph
>>> written by you above.

>>I think some attributions are mixed up. I sure did tell her that. She
>>was
>>being a bitch. I am sick of people here like that.

> So Janet was correct (of course). You denied saying it, even though it
> was plain to see that you /did/ tell her to die. So where do the
> attributions alter that fact? No admission of clearly being wrong, let
> alone an apology, of course.

No. What I am saying that I never said was that I thought it was all about
me! I did say FOAD. She is a bitch and I am really just sick of her.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2015-08-16 5:17 PM, Je�us wrote:
>
>> So Janet was correct (of course). You denied saying it, even though it
>> was plain to see that you /did/ tell her to die. So where do the
>> attributions alter that fact? No admission of clearly being wrong, let
>> alone an apology, of course.
>>

> Give her a break. She didn't remember writing that. That is a perfectly
> valid reason for her to get tripped up in her lies.

There were no lies.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> Give her a break. She didn't remember writing that. That is a perfectly
> valid reason for her to get tripped up in her lies.

You're a perfectly useless bully, drop dead.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/17/2015 10:10 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2015-08-16 5:19 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> I won't bother to look it up but I'm pretty sure at some point you've
>> mentioned what some folks call vegetable stands. Specifically places
>> where vegetables were left out on tables in the sun with no attendant,
>> just an honor box for paying for whatever is purchased.
>>
>> I've never seen one of *those*. The farm/vegetable stands around here
>> always have someone in attendance. They also have canopies erected over
>> the tables to keep the produce in the shade.

> Our local vegetable stand is often unattended. Sometimes you can push
> the button to ring a bell and the owner will come out. Other times they
> have a cash box with a slot and there is an honour system. My son
> remarked on that one day. I don't remember if he was living in Montreal
> or Toronto at the time, but he said that where he lived no one in their
> right mind would leave goods for sale on an honour system, and the money
> box would have disappeared in minutes. We live in an area where were
> can leave our doors unlocked even if we are not home.

Mmmm hmmm...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 8/16/2015 5:12 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Gary" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> If you ask, "vegetable stands? What are those?" then you've never seen
>>> them anywhere or even heard of them? Please.

>> No. I have not. I was serious when I asked this. Once in a while I
>> see a guy by the road selling strawberries and we have stands of Yakima
>> cherries. In Eastern Washington, I have seen apple stands. I don't
>> think I have ever seen a vegetable stand.
>>

> I won't bother to look it up but I'm pretty sure at some point you've
> mentioned what some folks call vegetable stands. Specifically places
> where vegetables were left out on tables in the sun with no attendant,
> just an honor box for paying for whatever is purchased.

I may have mentioned an honor box for golf. I have never seen an honor box
for vegetables. I did see a driveway to a house on the way to Woodinville
where they had some excess produce from their garden sitting out on a little
table in the driveway. There was no box for paying and I had no clue how
anyone would have purchased the stuff as there was no place to park on the
road and the driveway just sort of appears out of nowhere. That is not what
I would call a stand at all.

I have also mentioned the Farmers Markets where the vegetables and other
produce were sitting out rotting. Yes, there were little canopies over
them. But they were still past their prime and rotting.

> I've never seen one of *those*. The farm/vegetable stands around here
> always have someone in attendance. They also have canopies erected over
> the tables to keep the produce in the shade.
>
> Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/17/2015 10:11 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Jeßus" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 14:09:09 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> I think some attributions are mixed up. I sure did tell her that.
>>> She was
>>> being a bitch. I am sick of people here like that.

>> So Janet was correct (of course). You denied saying it, even though it
>> was plain to see that you /did/ tell her to die. So where do the
>> attributions alter that fact? No admission of clearly being wrong, let
>> alone an apology, of course.

> No. What I am saying that I never said was that I thought it was all
> about me! I did say FOAD. She is a bitch and I am really just sick of
> her.

Mmmm hmmm...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/17/2015 10:12 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>> On 2015-08-16 5:17 PM, Je�us wrote:
>>
>>> So Janet was correct (of course). You denied saying it, even though it
>>> was plain to see that you /did/ tell her to die. So where do the
>>> attributions alter that fact? No admission of clearly being wrong, let
>>> alone an apology, of course.
>>>

>> Give her a break. She didn't remember writing that. That is a
>> perfectly valid reason for her to get tripped up in her lies.

> There were no lies.

Mmmm hmmm...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/17/2015 10:17 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> No. I have not. I was serious when I asked this. Once in a while I
>>> see a guy by the road selling strawberries and we have stands of Yakima
>>> cherries. In Eastern Washington, I have seen apple stands. I don't
>>> think I have ever seen a vegetable stand.
>>>

>> I won't bother to look it up but I'm pretty sure at some point you've
>> mentioned what some folks call vegetable stands. Specifically places
>> where vegetables were left out on tables in the sun with no attendant,
>> just an honor box for paying for whatever is purchased.

> I may have mentioned an honor box for golf. I have never seen an honor
> box for vegetables. I did see a driveway to a house on the way to
> Woodinville where they had some excess produce from their garden sitting
> out on a little table in the driveway. There was no box for paying and
> I had no clue how anyone would have purchased the stuff as there was no
> place to park on the road and the driveway just sort of appears out of
> nowhere. That is not what I would call a stand at all.
>
> I have also mentioned the Farmers Markets where the vegetables and other
> produce were sitting out rotting. Yes, there were little canopies over
> them. But they were still past their prime and rotting.
>>
>> I've never seen one of *those*. The farm/vegetable stands around here
>> always have someone in attendance. They also have canopies erected
>> over the tables to keep the produce in the shade.
>>
>> Jill

Mmmm hmmm...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 14:12:11 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

>>> If you ask, "vegetable stands? What are those?" then you've never seen
>>> them anywhere or even heard of them? Please.

>>No. I have not. I was serious when I asked this. Once in a while I see
>>guy by the road selling strawberries and we have stands of Yakima
>>cherries.
>>In Eastern Washington, I have seen apple stands. I don't think I have
>>ever
>>seen a vegetable stand.

> Absolute bullshit, you're lying. Again.

No, I'm not. We have some places like Yakima Fruit and other outdoor
markets. No stands that I know of. Not for vegetables. Then again, the
area where I live is not known for its vegetable gardens. It was farm
country when we moved here. It isn't now although there are some places
with horses and cows. And there was up until this last year, a Dahlia Farm.

Radish tops? Nancy Young[_6_] General Cooking 9 20-06-2012 01:52 AM
Radish Paratha cybotainment Recipes 0 11-03-2011 05:19 PM
Radish Salad International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 26-01-2007 02:08 PM
Radish greens Peter Aitken General Cooking 0 19-09-2005 01:02 PM
Radish greens Peter Aitken General Cooking 5 16-09-2005 10:54 PM