Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default North America

> wrote in message
> North America has 8% of the world's population but uses 1/3 of the
> world's resources and creates 1/2 of the world's non-organic waste.

North America encompasses a lot of area, including some of the not so
developed countries.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
>> North America has 8% of the world's population but uses 1/3 of the
>> world's resources and creates 1/2 of the world's non-organic waste.

> North America encompasses a lot of area, including some of the not so
> developed countries.

Hehehe. I had to get a new broom and dustpan yet again. Hopefully these
will be good. I was buying some cheap ones at 99 Ranch Market. They have a
long handled dustpan and I could often get the red color. But after buying
about 6 of them I realized they were just crap! At least one broke at the
top where the broom clips on. Yes, you can use them without clipping the
broom on but they don't store like they should. Apparently now the brooms
are breaking. Somehow, 4 old dustpans just appeared in my kitchen. I can't
explain that. I often put things in the garage to dispose of or even
actually dispose of them and they come back to haunt me.

Last March, I ordered a good set from Amazon. That dustpan is in the
kitchen but somebody took off with the broom! I know it will eventually
show up but I want one now! I would up using a broom that my husband had
that seems to have no dustpan. And I found a set in Angela's room that I
think I bought at Big Lots. Does not match my kitchen as it has pink and
blue flowers on it so it does match her room. But... It was very poorly
made. Right off the bat, the dustpan had an accident. I think somebody
knocked it over and stepped on the handle so it was dented.

My new black set arrived today. Came in a very small box. Seems I have to
assemble the handles as they come in pieces. This doesn't seem to bode
well. I ordered something similar from...Harriet Carter or Miles Kimbal or
some such place and it was totally crap. Reach for it and a piece would
come off on your hand. You could put it back on, but it would not stay.

We have been in this house almost 11 years now and I can not tell you how
many brooms and dustpans I have bought. Not always sets either. I got a
very expensive "lobby" dustpan that broke after a few months, and some other
big dustpan that now sits out on my deck. I liked the looks of it because
it was so big but the handle just flops around on it now. I think it was
good for 2-3 weeks. My dad had two of the same and they did the same. I
kept it to use for outdoor tasks such as sweeping up fallen fruit. It's
better than nothing but not so great.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 19:01:40 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>We have been in this house almost 11 years now and I can not tell you how
>many brooms and dustpans I have bought.

I have been in my house for 13 years, and I have bought 3 (three)
brooms and dustpans.

When one broom wears down, it becomes the outside broom for the deck,
and then I get a new one for inside the house. I don't recall ever
having a broom handle break, and my house isn't big enough for me to
lose something like that in the house.

Perhaps the reason why they last so long for me is that I also have a
couple of swiffer sweepers that I use - one for upstairs and one for
downstairs.

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 23:32:03 -0400, Doris Night
> wrote:

> Perhaps the reason why they last so long for me is that I also have a
> couple of swiffer sweepers that I use - one for upstairs and one for
> downstairs.

We love our no-power, no juice Swiffer!

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/12/2015 11:13 PM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 23:32:03 -0400, Doris Night
> > wrote:
>
>> Perhaps the reason why they last so long for me is that I also have a
>> couple of swiffer sweepers that I use - one for upstairs and one for
>> downstairs.
>>

> We love our no-power, no juice Swiffer!

Static cling re-invented.

Cool, eh?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 23:17:13 -0600, La Mirada > wrote:

> On 6/12/2015 11:13 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 23:32:03 -0400, Doris Night
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> Perhaps the reason why they last so long for me is that I also have a
> >> couple of swiffer sweepers that I use - one for upstairs and one for
> >> downstairs.
> >>

> > We love our no-power, no juice Swiffer!
> >

> Static cling re-invented.
>
> Cool, eh?

How did we live without it?

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 19:01:40 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>We have been in this house almost 11 years now and I can not tell you how
>>many brooms and dustpans I have bought.

> I have been in my house for 13 years, and I have bought 3 (three)
> brooms and dustpans.
>
> When one broom wears down, it becomes the outside broom for the deck,
> and then I get a new one for inside the house. I don't recall ever
> having a broom handle break, and my house isn't big enough for me to
> lose something like that in the house.
>
> Perhaps the reason why they last so long for me is that I also have a
> couple of swiffer sweepers that I use - one for upstairs and one for
> downstairs.

I hate Swiffer! I tried the duster and it was worthless. The broom handles
that broke, only broke because they came in pieces. You had to stick them
together with plastic tubes. Whoever thought up that design should have
been fired. We have an outdoor broom. It has a different kind of bristles
and it is more stiff. It's still going strong but we also don't use it
often. I don't see much need in sweeping outdoors. We will do it after the
4th when there is firework debris all over.

My problem is that I have to have the long handled dust pan because it's
very hard or me to stoop, squat or bend over. And I have yet to find too
many dustpans like that, that are good. The one that I bought prior is
great! If only someone hadn't taken the broom that went with it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 13, 2015 at 2:46:52 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

> I hate Swiffer! I tried the duster and it was worthless. The broom handles
> that broke, only broke because they came in pieces. You had to stick them
> together with plastic tubes.

When you buy crap products, that's what happens.

> My problem is that I have to have the long handled dust pan because it's
> very hard or me to stoop, squat or bend over. And I have yet to find too
> many dustpans like that, that are good. The one that I bought prior is
> great! If only someone hadn't taken the broom that went with it.

Go to Staples, they have them for around $15. They're
called lobby dustpans. You can buy with or without
the broom; with the broom will be a bit more expensive.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Saturday, June 13, 2015 at 2:46:52 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> I hate Swiffer! I tried the duster and it was worthless. The broom
>> handles
>> that broke, only broke because they came in pieces. You had to stick
>> them
>> together with plastic tubes.
>>

> When you buy crap products, that's what happens.
>>
>> My problem is that I have to have the long handled dust pan because it's
>> very hard or me to stoop, squat or bend over. And I have yet to find too
>> many dustpans like that, that are good. The one that I bought prior is
>> great! If only someone hadn't taken the broom that went with it.
>>

> Go to Staples, they have them for around $15. They're
> called lobby dustpans. You can buy with or without
> the broom; with the broom will be a bit more expensive.

I want with broom. Have not seen them at mine. Will look online.

I don't see what I want there. The lobby dustpans are not really what I
want for the kitchen. Their closed design makes them difficult to empty
out. They do have the open design dustpan only, apparently called European
design but only sold per dozen. But thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 14, 2015 at 6:25:46 PM UTC-5, The Other Guy wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Jun 2015 15:57:31 -0700, "Julie Bove" >
> wrote:
>
> >I want with broom. Have not seen them at mine. Will look online.
> >

> http://www.amazon.com/Carlisle-36141...=lobby+dustpan
>
> $24.
>

> Multiple different vendors, and prices up to $50 or more

No, that's not what she's wanting. I know what she's wanting
and I've seen them at either Wal Mart, Dollar General, Family
Dollar, Big Lots, etc. I just can't remember which store I saw
them.

It's a regular dust pan but it has a long stand up
handle so you don't have to stoop or squat to hold it to
sweep up trash.

North America taxed and spent General Cooking 90 20-06-2015 12:45 AM
North America sf[_9_] General Cooking 28 16-06-2015 10:35 PM
North America Gary General Cooking 2 13-06-2015 04:43 PM
North America La Mirada General Cooking 0 13-06-2015 01:51 AM