Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default RIP Pico Rico

On another newsgroup it was posted they Pico Rico passed away
yesterday. No other details.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On another newsgroup it was posted they Pico Rico passed away
> yesterday. No other details.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On another newsgroup it was posted they Pico Rico passed away
> yesterday. No other details.

Oh dear

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-03-03 5:57 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On another newsgroup it was posted they Pico Rico passed away
> yesterday. No other details.

Bummer

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/3/2015 5:57 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On another newsgroup it was posted they Pico Rico passed away
> yesterday. No other details.

Oh, no! Sad news.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/3/15 5:57 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On another newsgroup it was posted they Pico Rico passed away
> yesterday. No other details.

Sorry to hear that. He or she was one of the few consistently lucid and
polite posters here.

-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

On another newsgroup it was posted they Pico Rico passed away
yesterday. No other details.

~~~~~~
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. That is sad.

MaryL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-03-03, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
> On another newsgroup it was posted they Pico Rico passed away
> yesterday. No other details.

Thnx for the heads-up, Ed. Sorry to hear yet another regular is no
longer with us.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 05:57:38 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On another newsgroup it was posted they Pico Rico passed away
>yesterday. No other details.

Such sad news. I'm sorry to hear this.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"pltrgyst" > wrote in message
> On 3/3/15 5:57 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On another newsgroup it was posted they Pico Rico passed away
>> yesterday. No other details.

> Sorry to hear that. He or she was one of the few consistently lucid and
> polite posters here.
>
> -- Larry

I haven't found that to be true a lot of times, but the passing of any
poster is always sad news.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 05:57:38 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On another newsgroup it was posted they Pico Rico passed away
>yesterday. No other details.

Bad news...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

That's sad - I looked forward to reading his posts. I hope he didn't suffer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 2:10:09 PM UTC-6, Kalmia wrote:

> That's sad - I looked forward to reading his posts. I hope he didn't suffer.

I really do hate to hear this. Any idea if it was a lingering disease, suddenly such as a heart attack, car wreck, etc.??

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 05:57:38 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On another newsgroup it was posted they Pico Rico passed away
>yesterday. No other details.

Sad to hear that if true. He/she posted here fairly recently?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"pltrgyst" > wrote in message
> On 3/3/15 5:57 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On another newsgroup it was posted they Pico Rico passed away
>> yesterday. No other details.

> Sorry to hear that. He or she was one of the few consistently lucid and
> polite posters here.

I would take exception to the polite part!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 Mar 2015 14:18:26 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"pltrgyst" > wrote in message
>> On 3/3/15 5:57 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>> On another newsgroup it was posted they Pico Rico passed away
>>> yesterday. No other details.

>> Sorry to hear that. He or she was one of the few consistently lucid and
>> polite posters here.

>I would take exception to the polite part!

Now's the time that a gracious adult would keep stuff like that to
themselves.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-03-03 3:10 PM, Kalmia wrote:

> That's sad - I looked forward to reading his posts. I hope he didn't suffer.

Ain't that the truth. This has been a rough couple of months for us in
terms of losing friends. Our neighbour's 43 year old daughter died a
couple months ago, about 4 months after she had been sent home to die.
An old friend from my university days died last month. She had spent
13 months on hospice after dealing with cancer for more than 10 years.
Then a friend dropped dead of a heart attack. I have to admit that I
actually felt some relief that he went quickly and didn't linger and go
through a long and painful death.

I am still watching for news of Janet. After all her medical emergencies
over the last few years I keep expecting to hear that he ha bounced back.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 04 Mar 2015 09:17:48 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 05:57:38 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>>On another newsgroup it was posted they Pico Rico passed away
>>yesterday. No other details.

>Sad to hear that if true. He/she posted here fairly recently?

According to my count the last post was on 2/23.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 9:20:31 AM UTC-8, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 05:57:38 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
> > On another newsgroup it was posted they Pico Rico passed away
> > yesterday. No other details.

> He must have ate the green bean casserole!
>
> So long Pico, whoever you were. The last thread he started here was
> "What's right with RFC" (Feb 22nd), which was a nice touch.

C'mon steve -- use your searching mojo and find out his real name.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 18:43:15 -0500, The Cook >
wrote:

>On Wed, 04 Mar 2015 09:17:48 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 05:57:38 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>>
>>>On another newsgroup it was posted they Pico Rico passed away
>>>yesterday. No other details.

>>Sad to hear that if true. He/she posted here fairly recently?

>According to my count the last post was on 2/23.

Thanks for checking, so indeed not very long ago.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 1:57:48 AM UTC-9, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On another newsgroup it was posted they Pico Rico passed away
> yesterday. No other details.

I'd seen a lot of posts from him since I first
discovered the group, so was sorry to hear he
has gone off to "greener pastures". I'm sure he
will be missed.

He obviously went quickly, unless he had been
having health problems and just didn't share
with anyone here. He seemed fine when he started
the thread less than a week before he passed away.
Hopefully it was quick and he didn't suffer.

Sending thoughts of comfort to his family and friends.

Judy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 05:57:38 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On another newsgroup it was posted they Pico Rico passed away
>yesterday. No other details.

Can you enlighten us who this is???? I've never heard the name.....

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 05:57:38 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
> >On another newsgroup it was posted they Pico Rico passed away
> >yesterday. No other details.

> Can you enlighten us who this is???? I've never heard the name.....

A better question is, who the Hell are *you*, you clam hater?
The way I see it, potato soup is totally boring until one adds clams.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/3/2015 7:57 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

> I don't think it is a secret because she posted on FB. She is no longer
> in remission. In fact, she was in medical distress and unable to
> swallow. The latest news from her daughter is that she is waiting to be
> stabilized for the flight, so that means that she has been waiting more
> than 5 days to be medivaced.

Oh, that's terrible. She was so excited about that trip. Sad way to have
it end.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet B" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 3 Mar 2015 14:18:26 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

>>> Sorry to hear that. He or she was one of the few consistently lucid and
>>> polite posters here.

>>I would take exception to the polite part!

> Now's the time that a gracious adult would keep stuff like that to
> themselves.
> Janet US

Yeah, well... Turn about's fair play too. So...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 05:57:38 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>>On another newsgroup it was posted they Pico Rico passed away
>>yesterday. No other details.

> Can you enlighten us who this is???? I've never heard the name.....

For starters, she was a woman.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bryan-TGWWW" > wrote in message
> On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 6:17:37 PM UTC-6, wrote:
>> On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 05:57:38 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>>
>> >On another newsgroup it was posted they Pico Rico passed away
>> >yesterday. No other details.

>> Can you enlighten us who this is???? I've never heard the name.....

> A better question is, who the Hell are *you*, you clam hater?
> The way I see it, potato soup is totally boring until one adds clams.

Well, that kind of needed a beverage alert!

As for the potato soup, leeks will make it better.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan-TGWWW wrote:

> The way I see it, potato soup is totally boring until one adds clams.

If you want boring, try potato soup before you add potatoes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 Mar 2015 17:08:17 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 6:17:37 PM UTC-6, wrote:
>> On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 05:57:38 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>>
>> >On another newsgroup it was posted they Pico Rico passed away
>> >yesterday. No other details.

>> Can you enlighten us who this is???? I've never heard the name.....

>A better question is, who the Hell are *you*, you clam hater?
>The way I see it, potato soup is totally boring until one adds clams.
>
>--Bryan

Hater? Pot Kettle Black??!!

Bryan, please get help for what's from all signs I've seen from you
your mental health disorder, probably Narcississtic Personality
Disorder. You for no reason spew hate here as you just did.

See a psychiatrist, and be honest with them. You have deep seated
venomous problems.

John Kuthe...

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 04/03/2015 1:06 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 16:28:39 -0700, graham wrote:
>
>> On 03/03/2015 4:26 PM, wrote:
>>> On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 17:54:24 -0500, Dave Smith

>>> I thought she said not to expect posts for awhile, she was off on a
>>> cruise or vacation?
>>>

>> Yes, that is so!

> She had to interrupt her trip to be treated for tumors. She has
> travel insurance to get her back home with her own private medical
> escort(s), but she has not been able to do so because of deteriorating
> health.
>
> It sounds bad. Prayers be with Janet Wilder, everyone.
>
> -sw

I'm very sorry but I didn't know that as I was also away on holiday -
and I don't use FB.
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Janet B" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 3 Mar 2015 14:18:26 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>I would take exception to the polite part!

>> Now's the time that a gracious adult would keep stuff like that to
>> themselves.
>> Janet US

> Yeah, well... Turn about's fair play too. So...

She meant you, idiot. And he was more civil towards yoiu than you had a
right to expect.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-03-04 3:14 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Mar 2015 01:55:49 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
> You're always a bit nastier than I already knew.

Yes. He is a nasty piece of shit and that is why I don't bother with
him. Thanks you you quoting his crap I see that he seems to have an
obsession with my posts, enough that he remembers me posting about the
death and funeral of a neighbour back in October.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Janet B" > wrote in message
>>> On Tue, 3 Mar 2015 14:18:26 -0800, "Julie Bove"

>>> Now's the time that a gracious adult would keep stuff like that to
>>> themselves.
>>> Janet US

>> Yeah, well... Turn about's fair play too. So...

> She meant you, idiot. And he was more civil towards yoiu than you had a
> right to expect.

That's BS. He could be really hateful at times and followed Julie to a
medical newsgroup to hassle her, but he did post a lot of good posts too. If
it's true, it's sad. As far as "gracious adults" here go, we saw a whole lot
of that when Andy died, right? Geez.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message

>>> Yeah, well... Turn about's fair play too. So...

>> She meant you, idiot. And he was more civil towards yoiu than you had a
>> right to expect.

> That's BS. He could be really hateful at times and followed Julie to a
> medical newsgroup to hassle her,

No he didn't. And he certainly wasn't "really hateful". He spoke more of
ending the foolish reply posts than anything else about Julie. I think he
mostly ignored her.

My best pico de gallo! Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 2 06-12-2014 12:38 PM
Pico De Gallo [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 27-03-2009 07:34 AM
Restaurants In Puerto Rico [email protected] Restaurants 0 28-09-2007 06:21 PM
Puerto Rico BBQ Adam Barbecue 9 03-08-2005 03:30 AM
Puerto Rico food report Erica General Cooking 6 25-12-2003 03:54 AM