Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Childhood food memories

On Tuesday, December 2, 2014 2:24:10 AM UTC-8, Julie Bove wrote:

> Were there foods that you ate or made as a child but no longer do? I was
> thinking about my Betty Crocker Boys and Girls Cookbook and remembered this
> recipe that I really loved!
>

> So are there things like this that you used to eat or make?

Tons, and for good reason. But one thing along those lines is
something my mother would make us occasionally for lunch: English
muffin "pizzas," which she would assemble and run under the broiler.
All I remember now is that they had cheese on top, but I imagine
tomato sauce, canned mushrooms, and perhaps chopped salami. And
dried oregano.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Tuesday, December 2, 2014 2:24:10 AM UTC-8, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> Were there foods that you ate or made as a child but no longer do? I was
>> thinking about my Betty Crocker Boys and Girls Cookbook and remembered
>> this
>> recipe that I really loved!
>>

>> So are there things like this that you used to eat or make?

> Tons, and for good reason. But one thing along those lines is
> something my mother would make us occasionally for lunch: English
> muffin "pizzas," which she would assemble and run under the broiler.
> All I remember now is that they had cheese on top, but I imagine
> tomato sauce, canned mushrooms, and perhaps chopped salami. And
> dried oregano.

I made those too. I didn't learn of them until I was about 12. We made
them at church for a Halloween party. Everyone chose their own toppings. I
tried to make them for my family now but they don't like them. I think I
tried twice.