Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Will this sell?

Fritos Chili Pizza. You didn't read that wrong. It's a crust topped
with ground beef, chili sauce, Roma tomatoes, onions, cheddar,
mozzarella cheeses... and Fritos. Brought to you by Papa (No baby
arugula for you!) John's. Available through Nov. 23.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1TP9hXCYAA_sLA.jpg

It might turn out to be a hot seller near college campuses and in
states that have legalized pot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message

> Fritos Chili Pizza. You didn't read that wrong. It's a crust topped
> with ground beef, chili sauce, Roma tomatoes, onions, cheddar,
> mozzarella cheeses... and Fritos. Brought to you by Papa (No baby
> arugula for you!) John's. Available through Nov. 23.
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1TP9hXCYAA_sLA.jpg
>
> It might turn out to be a hot seller near college campuses and in
> states that have legalized pot.

Of course it will! We already have the taco pizza. Almost the same but
with Doritos on top. That's been around since the 1970's and still selling!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 05 Nov 2014 15:04:57 -0800, sf > wrote:

>Fritos Chili Pizza. You didn't read that wrong. It's a crust topped
>with ground beef, chili sauce, Roma tomatoes, onions, cheddar,
>mozzarella cheeses... and Fritos. Brought to you by Papa (No baby
>arugula for you!) John's. Available through Nov. 23.
>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1TP9hXCYAA_sLA.jpg
>
>It might turn out to be a hot seller near college campuses and in
>states that have legalized pot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 05 Nov 2014 15:04:57 -0800, sf > wrote:

>Fritos Chili Pizza. You didn't read that wrong. It's a crust topped
>with ground beef, chili sauce, Roma tomatoes, onions, cheddar,
>mozzarella cheeses... and Fritos. Brought to you by Papa (No baby
>arugula for you!) John's. Available through Nov. 23.
>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1TP9hXCYAA_sLA.jpg
>
>It might turn out to be a hot seller near college campuses and in
>states that have legalized pot.

A pizza that I cannot forget because it was so good, was made by a
pizzeria outside a town near Milwaukee many years ago. It was a
Mexican pizza. Every place you see that advertises that now, makes it
with a thick spread of refried beans. This pizza had no beans. The
meat was seasoned with Mexican-type seasonings and probably the sauce
too. When the pie came out of the oven, it was doused with chopped
fresh tomatoes, a little bit of shredded lettuce and crushed corn
chips. You were given a bowl of sauce to use as you wished. I've
tried to duplicate this pie but I haven't come close. It was darn
tasty.
I won't buy anything at Papa John's.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 05 Nov 2014 17:53:04 -0700, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

> On Wed, 05 Nov 2014 15:04:57 -0800, sf > wrote:
>

> >Fritos Chili Pizza. You didn't read that wrong. It's a crust topped
> >with ground beef, chili sauce, Roma tomatoes, onions, cheddar,
> >mozzarella cheeses... and Fritos. Brought to you by Papa (No baby
> >arugula for you!) John's. Available through Nov. 23.
> >https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1TP9hXCYAA_sLA.jpg
> >
> >It might turn out to be a hot seller near college campuses and in
> >states that have legalized pot.

> A pizza that I cannot forget because it was so good, was made by a
> pizzeria outside a town near Milwaukee many years ago. It was a
> Mexican pizza. Every place you see that advertises that now, makes it
> with a thick spread of refried beans. This pizza had no beans. The
> meat was seasoned with Mexican-type seasonings and probably the sauce
> too. When the pie came out of the oven, it was doused with chopped
> fresh tomatoes, a little bit of shredded lettuce and crushed corn
> chips. You were given a bowl of sauce to use as you wished. I've
> tried to duplicate this pie but I haven't come close. It was darn
> tasty.

Lucky you! I really liked the Mexican pizza that Taco Bell sold 20+
years ago. That particular Taco Bell location by the beach turned
into something other franchise and I haven't had one since. If they
even sell it anymore, it's probably a lot different now anyway - but
they were quite tasty back then.

> I won't buy anything at Papa John's.

Franchised pizza just doesn't hit the spot any more. Before they went
to the conveyor belt method, Round Table turned out a good enough
facsimile of a NY pizza that friends who were NYC transplants were
impressed. Everything about it changed after the conveyor belt.
Their crust formula changed, they didn't throw the dough anymore and
of course it was baked differently. It was the end of an era. I also
liked Pizza Hut back then, but just looking at pictures of what they
sell currently turns my stomach.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 05 Nov 2014 15:04:57 -0800, sf > wrote:
>

>>Fritos Chili Pizza. You didn't read that wrong. It's a crust topped
>>with ground beef, chili sauce, Roma tomatoes, onions, cheddar,
>>mozzarella cheeses... and Fritos. Brought to you by Papa (No baby
>>arugula for you!) John's. Available through Nov. 23.
>>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1TP9hXCYAA_sLA.jpg
>>
>>It might turn out to be a hot seller near college campuses and in
>>states that have legalized pot.

> A pizza that I cannot forget because it was so good, was made by a
> pizzeria outside a town near Milwaukee many years ago. It was a
> Mexican pizza. Every place you see that advertises that now, makes it
> with a thick spread of refried beans. This pizza had no beans. The
> meat was seasoned with Mexican-type seasonings and probably the sauce
> too. When the pie came out of the oven, it was doused with chopped
> fresh tomatoes, a little bit of shredded lettuce and crushed corn
> chips. You were given a bowl of sauce to use as you wished. I've
> tried to duplicate this pie but I haven't come close. It was darn
> tasty.
> I won't buy anything at Papa John's.
> Janet US

That's how the Pizza Haven Taco Pizza was. It was the best! I made it at
home using a Bisquick crust. It was almost as good but I preferred the real
pizza crust to that one. I didn't have a pizza pan either in those days. I
had my first apartment and had to make do with the limited things that I did
have. I learned though that if there were leftovers, not to put the veggies
or the chips on the whole pizza or it would turn into a soggy mess.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 05 Nov 2014 17:53:04 -0700, Janet Bostwick
> > wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 05 Nov 2014 15:04:57 -0800, sf > wrote:
>>

>> >Fritos Chili Pizza. You didn't read that wrong. It's a crust topped
>> >with ground beef, chili sauce, Roma tomatoes, onions, cheddar,
>> >mozzarella cheeses... and Fritos. Brought to you by Papa (No baby
>> >arugula for you!) John's. Available through Nov. 23.
>> >https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1TP9hXCYAA_sLA.jpg
>> >
>> >It might turn out to be a hot seller near college campuses and in
>> >states that have legalized pot.

>> A pizza that I cannot forget because it was so good, was made by a
>> pizzeria outside a town near Milwaukee many years ago. It was a
>> Mexican pizza. Every place you see that advertises that now, makes it
>> with a thick spread of refried beans. This pizza had no beans. The
>> meat was seasoned with Mexican-type seasonings and probably the sauce
>> too. When the pie came out of the oven, it was doused with chopped
>> fresh tomatoes, a little bit of shredded lettuce and crushed corn
>> chips. You were given a bowl of sauce to use as you wished. I've
>> tried to duplicate this pie but I haven't come close. It was darn
>> tasty.

> Lucky you! I really liked the Mexican pizza that Taco Bell sold 20+
> years ago. That particular Taco Bell location by the beach turned
> into something other franchise and I haven't had one since. If they
> even sell it anymore, it's probably a lot different now anyway - but
> they were quite tasty back then.
>
>> I won't buy anything at Papa John's.

> Franchised pizza just doesn't hit the spot any more. Before they went
> to the conveyor belt method, Round Table turned out a good enough
> facsimile of a NY pizza that friends who were NYC transplants were
> impressed. Everything about it changed after the conveyor belt.
> Their crust formula changed, they didn't throw the dough anymore and
> of course it was baked differently. It was the end of an era. I also
> liked Pizza Hut back then, but just looking at pictures of what they
> sell currently turns my stomach.

I think I only had pizza at Round Table once. It didn't leave an impression
on me one way or the other. I am not usually a pizza lover so it would have
to be either super disgusting or really good for me to have much of a memory
of it. I did like their salad bar though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, November 5, 2014 5:05:05 PM UTC-6, sf wrote:

> Fritos Chili Pizza. You didn't read that wrong. It's a crust topped
> with ground beef, chili sauce, Roma tomatoes, onions, cheddar,
> mozzarella cheeses... and Fritos. Brought to you by Papa (No baby
> arugula for you!) John's. Available through Nov. 23.
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1TP9hXCYAA_sLA.jpg
>
> It might turn out to be a hot seller near college campuses and in
> states that have legalized pot.

I saw that commercial yesterday and frankly it did not looking appealing to me but then it might be good and I would only try it if someone offered me a slice.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 22:49:41 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> I think I only had pizza at Round Table once. It didn't leave an impression
> on me one way or the other. I am not usually a pizza lover so it would have
> to be either super disgusting or really good for me to have much of a memory
> of it. I did like their salad bar though.

I don't remember a salad bar at Round Table. For us, it was pickup or
delivery depending on how fast we wanted a pizza.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 22:48:04 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> That's how the Pizza Haven Taco Pizza was. It was the best! I made it at
> home using a Bisquick crust. It was almost as good but I preferred the real
> pizza crust to that one. I didn't have a pizza pan either in those days. I
> had my first apartment and had to make do with the limited things that I did
> have. I learned though that if there were leftovers, not to put the veggies
> or the chips on the whole pizza or it would turn into a soggy mess.

I can't begin to tell you how disgusting all of that sounds. I had no
idea pizza had declined so much since I started making my own. So
glad I do, because I love my own pizza. If and when I order one in a
restaurant (a real one, not some chain pizzeria), I always compare it
to mine and it usually loses.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 20:05:54 -0600, barbie gee >
wrote:

>On Wed, 5 Nov 2014, sf wrote:
>

>> Fritos Chili Pizza. You didn't read that wrong. It's a crust topped
>> with ground beef, chili sauce, Roma tomatoes, onions, cheddar,
>> mozzarella cheeses... and Fritos. Brought to you by Papa (No baby
>> arugula for you!) John's. Available through Nov. 23.
>> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1TP9hXCYAA_sLA.jpg
>>
>> It might turn out to be a hot seller near college campuses and in
>> states that have legalized pot.

>I just had a slice of "Nacho Pizza and if you'd like the easy way to eat
>Nachos, this is the way to go; Steak Nachos on a crust.

Sounds disgusting... guess nowadays any shit on dough is called pizza.
This is pizza:
http://www.difara.com/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 22:49:41 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> I think I only had pizza at Round Table once. It didn't leave an
>> impression
>> on me one way or the other. I am not usually a pizza lover so it would
>> have
>> to be either super disgusting or really good for me to have much of a
>> memory
>> of it. I did like their salad bar though.

> I don't remember a salad bar at Round Table. For us, it was pickup or
> delivery depending on how fast we wanted a pizza.

Not all of them had the salad bar.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 22:48:04 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> That's how the Pizza Haven Taco Pizza was. It was the best! I made it
>> at
>> home using a Bisquick crust. It was almost as good but I preferred the
>> real
>> pizza crust to that one. I didn't have a pizza pan either in those days.
>> had my first apartment and had to make do with the limited things that I
>> did
>> have. I learned though that if there were leftovers, not to put the
>> veggies
>> or the chips on the whole pizza or it would turn into a soggy mess.

> I can't begin to tell you how disgusting all of that sounds. I had no
> idea pizza had declined so much since I started making my own. So
> glad I do, because I love my own pizza. If and when I order one in a
> restaurant (a real one, not some chain pizzeria), I always compare it
> to mine and it usually loses.

It wasn't disgusting at all! It was very good. At the time that I made it,
I had an Italian boyfriend and he loved it. Those were the days of the
Impossible Cheeseburger pie though. We made everything with Bisquick.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-11-05 23:04:57 +0000, sf said:

> Fritos Chili Pizza. You didn't read that wrong. It's a crust topped
> with ground beef, chili sauce, Roma tomatoes, onions, cheddar,
> mozzarella cheeses... and Fritos. Brought to you by Papa (No baby
> arugula for you!) John's. Available through Nov. 23.
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1TP9hXCYAA_sLA.jpg
>
> It might turn out to be a hot seller near college campuses and in
> states that have legalized pot.

I don't keep these kinds of snack foods around any more, but back in
the olden days when I was dumb and would eat packaged crap I often
enjoyed Fritos inside sandwiches.

I predict that they will indeed sell well, also to the EBT crowd.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Not to ME, it won't.

getting out, need to sell Sean Cleary Winemaking 0 12-01-2008 03:40 AM
buy and sell mike Wine 0 06-08-2004 06:04 AM
buy and sell mike Sushi 0 06-08-2004 06:04 AM
buy and sell mike Diabetic 0 06-08-2004 06:04 AM
buy and sell mike Asian Cooking 0 06-08-2004 06:04 AM