Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Scottish recipe variants

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...n-tom-kerridge

Or: http://tiny.cc/bqwxnx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, says...

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...n-tom-kerridge

> Or: http://tiny.cc/bqwxnx

Thanks for that: I'll definitely try the barkey risotto.

For the venison recipe , I'm foxed by "crepinette"..and I'm not sure
wiki's answer is what he means.. any ideas?

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 18/10/2014 2:26 PM, Janet wrote:
> In article >, says...

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...n-tom-kerridge

>> Or: http://tiny.cc/bqwxnx

> Thanks for that: I'll definitely try the barkey risotto.
>
> For the venison recipe , I'm foxed by "crepinette"..and I'm not sure
> wiki's answer is what he means.. any ideas?
>
> Janet UK

It's a new one for me as well. I suppose you could use any sausage meat
you fancy. Wrapping it in pig's caul might be going a bit far though.
ISTR his gastropub received a couple of Michelin stars.
Since the Italian for barley is "orzo" he perhaps should call it
"orzotto" :-) Foodies were cooking barley rizotto here a few years ago.
The fashion seems to have gone.
Graham
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/18/2014 6:59 PM, graham wrote:
> On 18/10/2014 2:26 PM, Janet wrote:
>> In article >, says...

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...n-tom-kerridge

>>> Or: http://tiny.cc/bqwxnx

>> Thanks for that: I'll definitely try the barkey risotto.
>>
>> For the venison recipe , I'm foxed by "crepinette"..and I'm not sure
>> wiki's answer is what he means.. any ideas?
>>
>> Janet UK
>>

> It's a new one for me as well. I suppose you could use any sausage meat
> you fancy. Wrapping it in pig's caul might be going a bit far though.
> ISTR his gastropub received a couple of Michelin stars.
> Since the Italian for barley is "orzo" he perhaps should call it
> "orzotto" :-) Foodies were cooking barley rizotto here a few years ago.
> The fashion seems to have gone.
> Graham

I love barley on occasion as a side dish. (I have a hard time finding
pearl barley where I live). Non sequiter: I never did figure out why
arborio rice was so interesting.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 23:06:44 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> Non sequiter: I never did figure out why arborio rice was so interesting.

It's one of the types best used for risotto. Use it for regular
boiled/steamed rice and it's no big deal. Save your money and buy
medium or short grained rice.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 18/10/2014 11:06 PM, sf wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 23:06:44 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> Non sequiter: I never did figure out why arborio rice was so interesting.

> It's one of the types best used for risotto. Use it for regular
> boiled/steamed rice and it's no big deal. Save your money and buy
> medium or short grained rice.

I once was served a risotto made from long grain rice. I should have
complained but I was the guest. It was, supposedly, an Italian
restaurant!!!!
Graham

Scottish fruitcake recipe? verizon newsgroup General Cooking 4 24-12-2007 08:35 PM
Ping: Ophelia - Recipe for Scottish Shortbread Wayne Boatwright[_3_] General Cooking 26 22-11-2007 03:45 AM
Scottish fruitcake recipe? Scot Baking 5 18-12-2004 05:18 PM
Scottish restaurants Agena 2003 Restaurants 0 16-11-2004 09:19 PM