Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I just don't get brisket

On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 14:31:13 -0500, Janet Wilder >
wrote:

> On 10/13/2014 1:17 AM, sf wrote:

> >> If you have long strands, it was not cooked right.

> > I shred it into long strands. That's the way I want it, so AFAIC it
> > was cooked right.
> >

> ...but sliced wrong

Not smoked brisket, corned beef for hash.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/13/2014 2:54 PM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 14:31:13 -0500, Janet Wilder >
> wrote:

>>> I shred it into long strands. That's the way I want it, so AFAIC it
>>> was cooked right.
>>>

>> ...but sliced wrong

> Not smoked brisket, corned beef for hash.

I chill corned beef brisket overnight as well. Slices so much better
when cold.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 20:35:43 -0500, Janet Wilder >
wrote:

>On 10/13/2014 2:54 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 14:31:13 -0500, Janet Wilder >
>> wrote:

>>> ...but sliced wrong

>> Not smoked brisket, corned beef for hash.
>>

>I chill corned beef brisket overnight as well. Slices so much better
>when cold.

Cooking corned beef brisket is very different from cooking fresh
brisket.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/13/2014 9:00 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 20:35:43 -0500, Janet Wilder >
> wrote:
>
>> On 10/13/2014 2:54 PM, sf wrote:

>>> Not smoked brisket, corned beef for hash.
>>>

>> I chill corned beef brisket overnight as well. Slices so much better
>> when cold.

> Cooking corned beef brisket is very different from cooking fresh
> brisket.

Where did I say it was the same?

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> I chill corned beef brisket overnight as well. Slices so much better
> when cold.

Oh, my goodness! I just cook it and dive in. Son skips the dinner
stage and goes straight to breakfast. We're eating corned beef &
cabbage and he's in the kitchen making hash. )

More brisket! W. Lohman Barbecue 3 06-05-2015 01:13 AM
Brisket .... how to? Skyhooks General Cooking 52 28-06-2007 02:50 AM
Odd brisket swibirun Barbecue 7 03-03-2007 07:20 PM
Brisket cut? Nancy Young General Cooking 5 14-09-2006 05:41 PM
Brisket versus brisket Edwin Pawlowski Barbecue 6 06-08-2005 12:50 AM