Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

Default More brisket!

Now here's a little smoke ringed beauty to fixate on, so ya'll have some
fun:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/o...at-recipe.html

Total Time:
7 hr 30 min
Prep:
30 min
Inactive:
1 hr
Cook:
6 hr

When the grill has reached 200 to 225 degrees F, scatter 1/4 of the wood
chips over the coals, close the grate, put the brisket on the grill and
close the lid.

Maintain a 200 to 225 degree F cooking temperature inside the grill,
adding coals every 2 hours or as necessary. Add wood chips and spray the
brisket with apple juice every time you add new coals. Try not to lift
the lid of the grill at any other time.

When the brisket reaches an internal temperature of 165 to 170 degrees F
on an instant read meat thermometer (after about 4 to 5 hours), remove
it from the grill and double wrap in aluminum foil to keep the juices
from leaking out. Return the brisket to the grill (or smoker) The
brisket is finished cooking when it is very tender and reaches an
internal temperature of 190 degrees F, about another 1 to 2 hours. Let
rest for 45 minutes, then unwrap and slice. Serve with BBQ sauce on the
side.

Recipe courtesy Jeff Stehney, Oklahoma Joe's BBQ

Read more at:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/o...ml?oc=linkback

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 04 May 2015 15:54:18 -0600, "W. Lohman" > wrote:

>Now here's a little smoke ringed beauty to fixate on, so ya'll have some
>fun:
>
>http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/o...at-recipe.html
>
>Total Time:
>7 hr 30 min
>Prep:
>30 min
>Inactive:
>1 hr
>Cook:
>6 hr
>

>When the grill has reached 200 to 225 degrees F, scatter 1/4 of the wood
>chips over the coals, close the grate, put the brisket on the grill and
>close the lid.
>
>Maintain a 200 to 225 degree F cooking temperature inside the grill,
>adding coals every 2 hours or as necessary. Add wood chips and spray the
>brisket with apple juice every time you add new coals. Try not to lift
>the lid of the grill at any other time.
>
>When the brisket reaches an internal temperature of 165 to 170 degrees F
>on an instant read meat thermometer (after about 4 to 5 hours), remove
>it from the grill and double wrap in aluminum foil to keep the juices
>from leaking out. Return the brisket to the grill (or smoker) The
>brisket is finished cooking when it is very tender and reaches an
>internal temperature of 190 degrees F, about another 1 to 2 hours. Let
>rest for 45 minutes, then unwrap and slice. Serve with BBQ sauce on the
>side.
>
>Recipe courtesy Jeff Stehney, Oklahoma Joe's BBQ
>
>Read more at:
>http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/o...ml?oc=linkback

I really don't like southern style red neck brisket, I much prefer
kosher deli style braised brisket, with a contractor's wheelbarrow
full of kasha varnishkas.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On 5/4/2015 7:16 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Mon, 04 May 2015 15:54:18 -0600, "W. Lohman" > wrote:
>

>> Now here's a little smoke ringed beauty to fixate on, so ya'll have some
>> fun:
>>
>> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/o...at-recipe.html
>>
>> Total Time:
>> 7 hr 30 min
>> Prep:
>> 30 min
>> Inactive:
>> 1 hr
>> Cook:
>> 6 hr
>>

>> When the grill has reached 200 to 225 degrees F, scatter 1/4 of the wood
>> chips over the coals, close the grate, put the brisket on the grill and
>> close the lid.
>>
>> Maintain a 200 to 225 degree F cooking temperature inside the grill,
>> adding coals every 2 hours or as necessary. Add wood chips and spray the
>> brisket with apple juice every time you add new coals. Try not to lift
>> the lid of the grill at any other time.
>>
>> When the brisket reaches an internal temperature of 165 to 170 degrees F
>> on an instant read meat thermometer (after about 4 to 5 hours), remove
>> it from the grill and double wrap in aluminum foil to keep the juices
>>from leaking out. Return the brisket to the grill (or smoker) The
>> brisket is finished cooking when it is very tender and reaches an
>> internal temperature of 190 degrees F, about another 1 to 2 hours. Let
>> rest for 45 minutes, then unwrap and slice. Serve with BBQ sauce on the
>> side.
>>
>> Recipe courtesy Jeff Stehney, Oklahoma Joe's BBQ
>>
>> Read more at:
>> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/o...ml?oc=linkback

> I really don't like southern style red neck brisket, I much prefer
> kosher deli style braised brisket, with a contractor's wheelbarrow
> full of kasha varnishkas.

Here's a clue - they're ALL good.

No lie.

And any brisket smoked over apple wood (my fave) is going to be the best.

Book it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Mon, 04 May 2015 15:54:18 -0600, "W. Lohman" > wrote:
>

>> Now here's a little smoke ringed beauty to fixate on, so ya'll have some
>> fun:
>>
>> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/o...at-recipe.html
>>
>> Total Time:
>> 7 hr 30 min
>> Prep:
>> 30 min
>> Inactive:
>> 1 hr
>> Cook:
>> 6 hr
>>

>> When the grill has reached 200 to 225 degrees F, scatter 1/4 of the wood
>> chips over the coals, close the grate, put the brisket on the grill and
>> close the lid.
>>
>> Maintain a 200 to 225 degree F cooking temperature inside the grill,
>> adding coals every 2 hours or as necessary. Add wood chips and spray the
>> brisket with apple juice every time you add new coals. Try not to lift
>> the lid of the grill at any other time.
>>
>> When the brisket reaches an internal temperature of 165 to 170 degrees F
>> on an instant read meat thermometer (after about 4 to 5 hours), remove
>> it from the grill and double wrap in aluminum foil to keep the juices
> >from leaking out. Return the brisket to the grill (or smoker) The
>> brisket is finished cooking when it is very tender and reaches an
>> internal temperature of 190 degrees F, about another 1 to 2 hours. Let
>> rest for 45 minutes, then unwrap and slice. Serve with BBQ sauce on the
>> side.
>>
>> Recipe courtesy Jeff Stehney, Oklahoma Joe's BBQ
>>
>> Read more at:
>> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/o...ml?oc=linkback

> I really don't like southern style red neck brisket, I much prefer
> kosher deli style braised brisket, with a contractor's wheelbarrow
> full of kasha varnishkas.

That's fantastic, Shelly!

I just don't get brisket Janet Bostwick General Cooking 71 15-10-2014 04:51 PM
Brisket .... how to? Skyhooks General Cooking 52 28-06-2007 02:50 AM
Odd brisket swibirun Barbecue 7 03-03-2007 08:20 PM
Brisket cut? Nancy Young General Cooking 5 14-09-2006 05:41 PM
Brisket versus brisket Edwin Pawlowski Barbecue 6 06-08-2005 12:50 AM