Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Guess what I'm learning?

You can eat squash peel! Yes, I know I can eat summer squash peel &
all and all and I know I can eat Delicata peel & all - but whoda thunk
you can eat butternut or kabocha squash peel? Cut into chunks, roast
and eat. Wow!

I think it would be prudent to buy organic when you decide to eat the
peel, but that's another discussion.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 15:17:12 -0700, sf > wrote:

>You can eat squash peel! Yes, I know I can eat summer squash peel &
>all and all and I know I can eat Delicata peel & all - but whoda thunk
>you can eat butternut or kabocha squash peel? Cut into chunks, roast
>and eat. Wow!
>
>I think it would be prudent to buy organic when you decide to eat the
>peel, but that's another discussion.

People have been roasting 'squash' with the skin on since forever.
I know I have (but not every time).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> You can eat squash peel! Yes, I know I can eat summer squash peel &
> all and all and I know I can eat Delicata peel & all - but whoda thunk
> you can eat butternut or kabocha squash peel? Cut into chunks, roast
> and eat. Wow!
>
> I think it would be prudent to buy organic when you decide to eat the
> peel, but that's another discussion.

Yes. I ate delicata squash peel yesterday.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 15:17:12 -0700, sf > wrote:

>You can eat squash peel! Yes, I know I can eat summer squash peel &
>all and all and I know I can eat Delicata peel & all - but whoda thunk
>you can eat butternut or kabocha squash peel? Cut into chunks, roast
>and eat. Wow!
>
>I think it would be prudent to buy organic when you decide to eat the
>peel, but that's another discussion.

Of course you can. You can eat just about anything.

Whether it's good, taste/texture-wise or for you is another question!

John Kuthe...

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 15:17:12 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
>>You can eat squash peel! Yes, I know I can eat summer squash peel &
>>all and all and I know I can eat Delicata peel & all - but whoda thunk
>>you can eat butternut or kabocha squash peel? Cut into chunks, roast
>>and eat. Wow!
>>
>>I think it would be prudent to buy organic when you decide to eat the
>>peel, but that's another discussion.

> Of course you can. You can eat just about anything.
>
> Whether it's good, taste/texture-wise or for you is another question!
>
> John Kuthe...

The peel on the delicata was fine. Very tender once cooked.

Learning Sauces... Pringles CheezUms General Cooking 14 07-09-2013 11:28 PM
soup and learning Stormmee Diabetic 13 18-11-2009 01:10 PM
Learning lessons..... PeterL[_7_] General Cooking 0 03-12-2008 07:59 AM
learning c++ Aslak Kärkkäinen Wine 0 25-06-2008 03:30 PM
Learning to Cook? Scooter General Cooking 11 25-05-2006 12:58 AM