Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Zagat names In-N-Out Double-Double best burger in L.A. Do you agree?

My understanding is that In-N-Out is working on a sriracha burger, and
they plan to support the factory in Irwindale to the fullest extent
possible. There has also been some info that Twinkies might be involved.
Stay tuned, this is BIG NEWS!

http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydis...826-story.html

Zagat names In-N-Out Double-Double best burger in L.A. Do you agree?

By Jenn Harris contact the reporter
In-N-Out BurgerFather's Office

In yet another best-of list you'll want to read, Zagat named the
Double-Double the best burger in the city. Yes, that's over the coveted
Father's Office burger, the ketchup-leather-topped burger at Plan Check,
the Five Guys Burger with its cult following and the Habit burger,
recently named the best burger in America by Consumer Reports.

That's according to the opinion of the 3,466 people who participated in
Zagat's burger survey. They were asked to rate and review burgers in 16
major cities. The burgers were rated on a 30-point scale based on
flavor, ingredients and value.

The In-N-Out Double-Double had the highest score in Los Angeles with 23
points out of 30. Is it just me, or is that number a little low? Other
burgers in other cities received scores of 24 to 28 points.

In New York, the Luger Burger from Peter Luger came out on top, the
Lockdown Warden burger at Lockdown Bar & Grill took top honors in
Chicago, the Snack Shack Burger from Carnitas' Snack Shack was named
best burger in San Diego, and Nopa's grass-fed hamburger was rated the
best in San Francisco. For a list of all the best-rated burgers, visit
www.zagat.com/bestburgers.

Survey participants were also asked about their favorite burger
toppings. A fried egg was the burger topper of choice for 64% of
participants, and when it came to buns, 64% said they preferred a
pretzel bun, 30% went for a ramen noodle bun and 23% were willing to eat
their burger on a doughnut.

Participants in the survey also reported eating burgers an average of
4.6 times a month. Of those surveyed, 44% said they would spend more
than $25 on a "mind-blowing" burger and 72% said they would be willing
to spend between $10 to $20 on a burger.

As far as where to get your fix, 33% said they head to specialty burger
joints while 24% said general restaurants, 9% said fast food spots and
4% said diners.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, August 27, 2014 1:01:18 AM UTC-5, The Other Guy wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 01:13:06 -0400, Travis McGee > wrote:
>

> >Survey participants were also asked about their favorite burger

> >toppings. A fried egg was the burger topper of choice for 64% of

> >participants, and when it came to buns, 64% said they preferred a

> >pretzel bun, 30% went for a ramen noodle bun and 23% were willing to eat

> >their burger on a doughnut.

> THAT alone makes it a totally worthless survey, in my mind.

I agree. Only a pig would want a burger on a freakin' doughnut.
And how the heck could a bun be made of ramen noodles?

I think my favorite burger is a Steak 'n Shake Triple Steakburger
with extra onion, extra pickles and extra relish. They come with a
small fries for $3.99, and you can add a small chili for $1.25, and
yesterday's mail had coupons from SnS making the chili only 99 cents
extra, so $4.98 total, and during happy hours (2-4 am or pm) all
drinks are half price, including milk shakes.

There were also coupons from McD's, BK, JitB (haven't eaten there in
years), and I have BOGO coupons for White Castle combo meals (eight
burgers, two fries and two small sodas for $5.29). My fast food
coupon portfolio runneth over.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/27/2014 1:13 AM, Travis McGee wrote:
> My understanding is that In-N-Out is working on a sriracha burger, and
> they plan to support the factory in Irwindale to the fullest extent
> possible. There has also been some info that Twinkies might be involved.
> Stay tuned, this is BIG NEWS!

Big news? Not unless you live on the west coast.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/27/2014 12:59 AM, The Other Guy wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 01:13:06 -0400, Travis McGee > wrote:
>
>> Zagat names In-N-Out Double-Double best burger in L.A. Do you agree?

> Like pizza, AND so many other things..
>
> The BEST one is whatever YOU like.

Agrees with you, TOG, I tried In-N-Out and it did nothing for me. I
guess it is what you are accustomed to. I talked to my son in
Pennsylvania and he misses Whataburger.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/27/2014 10:43 AM, Becca EmaNymton wrote:
> On 8/27/2014 12:59 AM, The Other Guy wrote:
>> On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 01:13:06 -0400, Travis McGee >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Zagat names In-N-Out Double-Double best burger in L.A. Do you agree?

>> Like pizza, AND so many other things..
>>
>> The BEST one is whatever YOU like.

> Agrees with you, TOG, I tried In-N-Out and it did nothing for me. I
> guess it is what you are accustomed to. I talked to my son in
> Pennsylvania and he misses Whataburger.
>
> Becca

Zagat (or anything similar) proclaiming In-N-Out whatever burger as the
best is pretty useless information. They're talking about a regional
chain. I've never had a burger from In-N-Out and never will. Zagat's
proclamation is certainly not BIG NEWS in my book.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/27/2014 8:55 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> You must be hiding under a rock if you haven't heard of the new wave
> of ramen burgers.
>
> -sw

A little dumpling like you is hard to get one by after all...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-08-27, Sqwertz > wrote:

> You must be hiding under a rock if you haven't heard of the new wave
> of ramen burgers.

What? A burger made with two planks of uncooked ramen noodles instead
of buns? As much as I like ramen noodles, count me out, despite Time
magazines proclamation it's one of "The 17 Most Influential Burgers of
All Time". I wanna bun that will contain the meat, not one that will
explode into a greasy mess as fast as the oversized undercooked meat.

nb --rock denizen
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/27/2014 9:54 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2014-08-27, Sqwertz > wrote:
>
>> You must be hiding under a rock if you haven't heard of the new wave
>> of ramen burgers.

> What? A burger made with two planks of uncooked ramen noodles instead
> of buns? As much as I like ramen noodles, count me out, despite Time
> magazines proclamation it's one of "The 17 Most Influential Burgers of
> All Time". I wanna bun that will contain the meat, not one that will
> explode into a greasy mess as fast as the oversized undercooked meat.
>
> nb --rock denizen

It's got to be lousy at containing condiments too and overly crunchy.

Pass.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I love therm.

But I do not feel comfortable with them screwing up a perfect formula and
adding bizarre products like Twinkie burgers. They are so good because they
stay focused on a small product line that they can maintain high standards.

However there are better burgers but not at chains. Apple Pan, Pantry all
make better burgers but they are one offs.

"Travis McGee" > wrote in message
> My understanding is that In-N-Out is working on a sriracha burger, and
> they plan to support the factory in Irwindale to the fullest extent
> possible. There has also been some info that Twinkies might be involved.
> Stay tuned, this is BIG NEWS!
>
> http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydis...826-story.html
>
> Zagat names In-N-Out Double-Double best burger in L.A. Do you agree?
>
> By Jenn Harris contact the reporter
> In-N-Out BurgerFather's Office
>
> In yet another best-of list you'll want to read, Zagat named the
> Double-Double the best burger in the city. Yes, that's over the coveted
> Father's Office burger, the ketchup-leather-topped burger at Plan Check,
> the Five Guys Burger with its cult following and the Habit burger,
> recently named the best burger in America by Consumer Reports.
>
> That's according to the opinion of the 3,466 people who participated in
> Zagat's burger survey. They were asked to rate and review burgers in 16
> major cities. The burgers were rated on a 30-point scale based on flavor,
> ingredients and value.
>
> The In-N-Out Double-Double had the highest score in Los Angeles with 23
> points out of 30. Is it just me, or is that number a little low? Other
> burgers in other cities received scores of 24 to 28 points.
>
> In New York, the Luger Burger from Peter Luger came out on top, the
> Lockdown Warden burger at Lockdown Bar & Grill took top honors in Chicago,
> the Snack Shack Burger from Carnitas' Snack Shack was named best burger in
> San Diego, and Nopa's grass-fed hamburger was rated the best in San
> Francisco. For a list of all the best-rated burgers, visit
> www.zagat.com/bestburgers.
>
> Survey participants were also asked about their favorite burger toppings.
> A fried egg was the burger topper of choice for 64% of participants, and
> when it came to buns, 64% said they preferred a pretzel bun, 30% went for
> a ramen noodle bun and 23% were willing to eat their burger on a doughnut.
>
> Participants in the survey also reported eating burgers an average of 4.6
> times a month. Of those surveyed, 44% said they would spend more than $25
> on a "mind-blowing" burger and 72% said they would be willing to spend
> between $10 to $20 on a burger.
>

> As far as where to get your fix, 33% said they head to specialty burger
> joints while 24% said general restaurants, 9% said fast food spots and 4%
> said diners.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Travis McGee wrote:

>Zagat names In-N-Out Double-Double best burger in L.A. Do you agree?

None on the east coast... I stopped eating mystery meat burgers long
ago... used to enjoy Nathan's Famous Coney Island burgers, on a
toasted bun with a ton of smothered onions by request... last time
gotta be some forty years ago, can't vouch now. But what I liked
was their chow mein on a burger bun, one of each with an ice cold
Shaefer was a full meal.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schaefer_Beer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chow_mein_sandwich

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> Travis McGee wrote:
>>
>>Zagat names In-N-Out Double-Double best burger in L.A. Do you agree?

> None on the east coast... I stopped eating mystery meat burgers long
> ago... used to enjoy Nathan's Famous Coney Island burgers, on a
> toasted bun with a ton of smothered onions by request... last time
> gotta be some forty years ago, can't vouch now. But what I liked
> was their chow mein on a burger bun, one of each with an ice cold
> Shaefer was a full meal.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schaefer_Beer
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chow_mein_sandwich

In and Out uses only fresh meat and whole cuts. They buy from only certifed
ranches and no restaurant can be more than a 12 hour truck drive from their
meat packing plants. Nothing is ever frozen. That is one reason they are
not nationwide.

It's all about the freshest ingredients. Even the tomatoes are vine ripe
and shipped in straight from the fields to the restaurants.

Also, they season their grills unlike other places which scrape them down
with a grill brick every day. That adds a lot to the flavor.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.fast-food

On 8/27/2014 11:31 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> We have shitloads of
> casual and upscale burger joints here.
>
> -sw

What a darling choice of words!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/27/2014 1:03 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> That
> looks like the shit from your friend Bryan's underwear.
>
> -sw

Your word choice is simply gutter-all...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 12:04:38 -0700, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>
>> In and Out uses only fresh meat and whole cuts. They buy from only
>> certifed
>> ranches and no restaurant can be more than a 12 hour truck drive from
>> their
>> meat packing plants. Nothing is ever frozen. That is one reason they
>> are
>> not nationwide.
>>
>> It's all about the freshest ingredients. Even the tomatoes are vine ripe
>> and shipped in straight from the fields to the restaurants.

> Distribution centers distribute the meat, produce, and and everything
> else (including the tomatoes), which are no more than a "day's drive"
> (not 12 hours) to the restaurants.

A day is twelve hours. A day's drive is 12 hours. Hint: they have relief
drivers. Call the Teamsters and ask. Tell them Guido sent you.

>> Also, they season their grills unlike other places which scrape them down
>> with a grill brick every day. That adds a lot to the flavor.

> Restaurant health codes require that grills and griddles be kept
> clean. Gunk buildup is not tolerated nor allowed.

They are clean. Gunk and seasoned are not the same. InO has always gotten
A ratings.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 14:03:32 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 14:32:44 -0400, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>> But what I liked was their [Nathan's] chow mein on a burger bun,
>> one of each with an ice cold Shaefer was a full meal.

>http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...insandwich.jpg
>
>And you have the nerve to tell other people they have TIAD? That
>looks like the shit from your friend Bryan's underwear.

How do you know Bwrrrryan's undies, dwarf... intimately? LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 12:44:28 -0700, Paul M. Cook wrote:

>>> Distribution centers distribute the meat, produce, and and everything
>>> else (including the tomatoes), which are no more than a "day's drive"
>>> (not 12 hours) to the restaurants.
>>>

>> A day is twelve hours.

> Maybe on your planet, but here on Earth a day is 24 hours.

When is night?

>> A day's drive is 12 hours. Hint: they have relief
>> drivers. Call the Teamsters and ask. Tell them Guido sent you.

> Exactly. Allowing them to drive a full 24 hour DAY. What's your
> point - that I was right?

No, a 12 hour day which is what I wrote. No more than 12 hours, I wrote
which means they can drive in the evening, too. That would be 12
consecutive hours, not 3 hours, a 2 hour nap, then 2 hours etc. Just to be
clear. I can draw pictures if that helps.

>>> Restaurant health codes require that grills and griddles be kept
>>> clean. Gunk buildup is not tolerated nor allowed.
>>>

>> They are clean. Gunk and seasoned are not the same. InO has always
>> gotten
>> A ratings.

> Gunk is gunk. The grills have to be cleaned of gunk. It's ludicrious
> of you to suggest that their griddles are seasoned like the cast iron
> we use at home. You're an idiot.

You've never seen a seasoned grill. They are clean. I used to be a short
order cook and we maintained out flattop in a seasoned state. You clean it
by dumping ice on the hot surface, scraping it down then lightly washing it
with a brush. Clean enough to eat off of. But not bricked down to a
polished finish.

> Go ahead, say something else stupid. I know you can!

Nobody can top you, squishie.

> ObFood: I'm in the process of making pork and lamb rillettes I just
> got done shredding and the meat mixture is awesome. Now I just have
> to mix some fat and broth back in and pot it.

What's off topic about this?

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-08-27, Sqwertz > wrote:

> Wow, you oughta get a job as a reporter with all that misinformation
> and sensationalism!

Whatta they pay!?

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:00:35 AM UTC-4, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 27, 2014 1:01:18 AM UTC-5, The Other Guy wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 01:13:06 -0400, Travis McGee > wrote:

> > >Survey participants were also asked about their favorite burger

> > >toppings. A fried egg was the burger topper of choice for 64% of

> > >participants, and when it came to buns, 64% said they preferred a

> > >pretzel bun, 30% went for a ramen noodle bun and 23% were willing to eat

> > >their burger on a doughnut.

> > THAT alone makes it a totally worthless survey, in my mind.

> I agree. Only a pig would want a burger on a freakin' doughnut.
>
> And how the heck could a bun be made of ramen noodles?
>

> I think my favorite burger is a Steak 'n Shake Triple Steakburger
>
> with extra onion, extra pickles and extra relish. They come with a
>
> small fries for $3.99, and you can add a small chili for $1.25, and
>
> yesterday's mail had coupons from SnS making the chili only 99 cents
>
> extra, so $4.98 total, and during happy hours (2-4 am or pm) all
>
> drinks are half price, including milk shakes.
>

> There were also coupons from McD's, BK, JitB (haven't eaten there in
>
> years), and I have BOGO coupons for White Castle combo meals (eight
>
> burgers, two fries and two small sodas for $5.29). My fast food
>
> coupon portfolio runneth over.
>

> --Bryan

"Steakburger". What a ****ing joke. Overcooked hamburgers is what they are. Yes, better than most fast food, but just a ****ing well done thin patty burger. That and cold fries unless I'm in "pain in the ass mode". I'm sure that's not a problem for you, because you're...

UPPPPPPPPITTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/27/2014 1:39 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Gunk buildup is not tolerated nor allowed.
>
> -sw

Wish we had that rule here...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/27/2014 2:30 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Go ahead, say something else stupid. I know you can!
>
> ObFood: I'm in the process of making

No one cares Yappy, sod off.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/27/2014 3:47 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> You will undoubtedly try to
> continue your childish game, so knock yourself out!
>
> Until next time...
>
> -sw

You live for conflict, Shu Mai.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" wrote:

> I love therm.
>
> But I do not feel comfortable with them screwing up a perfect formula and
> adding bizarre products like Twinkie burgers. They are so good because they
> stay focused on a small product line that they can maintain high standards.
>
> However there are better burgers but not at chains. Apple Pan, Pantry all
> make better burgers but they are one offs.

There are regional chains such as Braum's (hundreds of stores in a
radius around OKC) that readily kick I-N-O to the curb for fast food
burgers. Braum's in particular does damned near everything in house so
they can maintain QC (check out the tour video on their site), and they
indicate they only open stores within a distance that allows them to get
a delivery from their plant to the store at least every other day.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/27/2014 3:00 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>> Go ahead, say something else stupid. I know you can!

> Nobody can top you, squishie.

Hey now!

Marty can.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:55:28 AM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 05:00:35 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW wrote:

> >> THAT alone makes it a totally worthless survey, in my mind.

> It's a perfectly valid survey detailing what OTHER people like to eat.
>
> You don't have to take it personally.
>

> > I agree. Only a pig would want a burger on a freakin' doughnut.

> > And how the heck could a bun be made of ramen noodles?

> You must be hiding under a rock if you haven't heard of the new wave
>
> of ramen burgers.

If "hiding under a rock" is synonymous with not owning a television,
I must plead guilty. I do not own a television.

> -sw

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Then it's not seasoned if it's clean, is it. Duh.

You clearly don't know what a seasoned grill is. Or what one looks like.
And that they are perfectly hygienic.

> Anyway, I'm done embarrassing you. You will undoubtedly try to
> continue your childish game, so knock yourself out!

Then why do I feel such pity for you.

> Until next time...

Day or evening?

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
>> Then it's not seasoned if it's clean, is it. Duh.

> You clearly don't know what a seasoned grill is. Or what one looks like.
> And that they are perfectly hygienic.
>
>> Anyway, I'm done embarrassing you. You will undoubtedly try to
>> continue your childish game, so knock yourself out!

> Then why do I feel such pity for you.
>
>> Until next time...

> Day or evening?

12 hours from now. or one day. you guys figure it out.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 8/27/2014 10:43 AM, Becca EmaNymton wrote:
>> On 8/27/2014 12:59 AM, The Other Guy wrote:

>>> Like pizza, AND so many other things..
>>>
>>> The BEST one is whatever YOU like.

>> Agrees with you, TOG, I tried In-N-Out and it did nothing for me. I
>> guess it is what you are accustomed to. I talked to my son in
>> Pennsylvania and he misses Whataburger.
>>
>> Becca
>>

> Zagat (or anything similar) proclaiming In-N-Out whatever burger as the
> best is pretty useless information. They're talking about a regional
> chain. I've never had a burger from In-N-Out and never will. Zagat's
> proclamation is certainly not BIG NEWS in my book.

I lived where they were and wouldn't eat there. Any place that doesn't
serve salad is a place I won't dine at.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 05:00:35 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, August 27, 2014 1:01:18 AM UTC-5, The Other Guy wrote:

>>> THAT alone makes it a totally worthless survey, in my mind.

> It's a perfectly valid survey detailing what OTHER people like to eat.
> You don't have to take it personally.
>
>> I agree. Only a pig would want a burger on a freakin' doughnut.
>> And how the heck could a bun be made of ramen noodles?

> You must be hiding under a rock if you haven't heard of the new wave
> of ramen burgers.

I hadn't heard of them but I don't keep up on burger news.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 01:32:43 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

> >> Agrees with you, TOG, I tried In-N-Out and it did nothing for me. I
> >> guess it is what you are accustomed to. I talked to my son in
> >> Pennsylvania and he misses Whataburger.
> >>
> >> Becca
> >>

> > Zagat (or anything similar) proclaiming In-N-Out whatever burger as the
> > best is pretty useless information. They're talking about a regional
> > chain. I've never had a burger from In-N-Out and never will. Zagat's
> > proclamation is certainly not BIG NEWS in my book.

> I lived where they were and wouldn't eat there. Any place that doesn't
> serve salad is a place I won't dine at.

If you're not planning on being in LA, which is where it was
proclaimed "best" (read *least* expensive) and looking around for a
good $2 burger, so what? They do what they do and they do it well.
They are NOT a McDonald's/Burger King type chain and don't need to
cater to the people who want a salad. You are not part of their
demographic and they're doing just fine. You have other choices and
one less person standing in line means I get to order faster.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 01:33:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

> > It's a perfectly valid survey detailing what OTHER people like to eat.
> > You don't have to take it personally.
> >
> >> I agree. Only a pig would want a burger on a freakin' doughnut.
> >> And how the heck could a bun be made of ramen noodles?

> > You must be hiding under a rock if you haven't heard of the new wave
> > of ramen burgers.

> I hadn't heard of them but I don't keep up on burger news.

I'm hiding under a rock and proud of it. My guess is the low carb
crowd got tired of wrapping burgers in lettuce and is branching out.
It was invented by a Japanese guy, so it makes sense on so many
levels. http://www.instructables.com/id/ramen-burger/ Personally, it
looks and sounds vile. I'll take mine on a pretzel bun.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 08:29:26 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
wrote:

> Google finds more hits for brick than block.

Who cares other than you two? You're talking about a shape. It could
be a block or a brick. Different work environments, different
nomenclature for the same thing. Let's talk some real turkey: You
say it's lava rock I say it's pumice.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/27/2014 11:07 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Which is 500,000 more
> hits than "homemade mayonnaise".

Oh good grief, are you back to your mayo obsession again???

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/28/2014 9:58 AM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 08:29:26 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
> wrote:
>
>> Google finds more hits for brick than block.

> Who cares other than you two? You're talking about a shape. It could
> be a block or a brick. Different work environments, different
> nomenclature for the same thing. Let's talk some real turkey: You
> say it's lava rock I say it's pumice.

Well at least you're not stoned!

;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/28/2014 9:28 AM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>>> You could not tell your ass from a hole in the ground.
>> >
>> >Ad hominem. You lose.

> Add hominey. Makes for a lovely Menudo.

LOL!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/28/2014 9:25 AM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>> But I know how you hate to revisit your public
>> >mistakes because of the highly obtuse way you try to shield yourself when
>> >confronted with facts that shut down your speculations.

> Show me asswipe where I claimed expertise. Until then shut your ****ing pie
> hole.

Second the motion.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:42:12 PM UTC-4, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:55:28 AM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:

> > It's a perfectly valid survey detailing what OTHER people like to eat.

> > You don't have to take it personally.

> > > I agree. Only a pig would want a burger on a freakin' doughnut.

> > > And how the heck could a bun be made of ramen noodles?

> > You must be hiding under a rock if you haven't heard of the new wave

> > of ramen burgers.

> If "hiding under a rock" is synonymous with not owning a television,
>
> I must plead guilty. I do not own a television.
>

> > -sw

> --Bryan

You are SO Counter-Culture, MAAAAAN!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 10:48:38 -0600, Mayo > wrote:

> On 8/28/2014 9:58 AM, sf wrote:
> > On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 08:29:26 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Google finds more hits for brick than block.

> > Who cares other than you two? You're talking about a shape. It could
> > be a block or a brick. Different work environments, different
> > nomenclature for the same thing. Let's talk some real turkey: You
> > say it's lava rock I say it's pumice.
> >

> Well at least you're not stoned!

Too early for that. I have standards, ya know.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/28/2014 2:33 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

>> It's a perfectly valid survey detailing what OTHER people like to eat.
>> You don't have to take it personally.
>>
>>> I agree. Only a pig would want a burger on a freakin' doughnut.
>>> And how the heck could a bun be made of ramen noodles?

>> You must be hiding under a rock if you haven't heard of the new wave
>> of ramen burgers.

> I hadn't heard of them but I don't keep up on burger news.

Yappy is a real fast food fiend...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/27/2014 10:34 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>> Proclaim, pontificate, and posture all you want. Nothing will change.

> Blow me.

You wan to be somewhat careful with Marty, excess literality may compel
him to answer the call...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 17:42:12 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:

> If "hiding under a rock" is synonymous with not owning a television,
> I must plead guilty. I do not own a television.
> >

> --Bryan

I own a television, but I don't watch enough of the crappy How Much
Food Can I Shove In My Face type shows that he apparently watches to
think a "ramen" bun is even remotely common.