Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I'm back ! ! ! Did anyone miss me?

Hi all,
I haven't had access to rfc for the last couple of years. I retired from the University of Pittsburgh, Physics Dept., 2 years ago. Then I had hip replacement surgery. I've recovered from that but have had serious back problems and have not been able to fully enjoy my retirement. I had such plans - go back to school and finally get my degree (only 12 units to go!), get back into the darkroom and print some gorgeous B/W photos, and volunteer at Animal Friends. Sigh. Also my cooking has been almost nil, although I'm still collecting recipes on the assumption I'll be up to trying them someday soon.

I have lost both my cats in the last year. Last fall my Russian Blue, Lucy, developed and inoperable tumor and had to be put to sleep. She was 16 1/2 years old. Then this spring Goath Rua, my Abyssinian, had sudden kidney failure and had to be put to sleep. She was 19 1/2 years old. That was very depressing as she was my favorite cat of all time. I have dearly loved all my cats but there were a few I loved more.

I don't know how many people are still here from the "old days". I saw Barb Schaller and Jill McQuown. Hi guys!

Well, I'm going to try to start reading the group on a regular basis. And I'll try to post recipes from time to time.

TTFN,
Kate
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Monday, August 25, 2014 2:23:28 PM UTC-7, Kate Connally wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I haven't had access to rfc for the last couple of years. I retired from the University of Pittsburgh, Physics Dept., 2 years ago. Then I had hip replacement surgery. I've recovered from that but have had serious back problems and have not been able to fully enjoy my retirement. I had such plans - go back to school and finally get my degree (only 12 units to go!), get back into the darkroom and print some gorgeous B/W photos, and volunteer at Animal Friends. Sigh. Also my cooking has been almost nil, although I'm still collecting recipes on the assumption I'll be up to trying them someday soon.
>

> I have lost both my cats in the last year. Last fall my Russian Blue, Lucy, developed and inoperable tumor and had to be put to sleep. She was 16 1/2 years old. Then this spring Goath Rua, my Abyssinian, had sudden kidney failure and had to be put to sleep. She was 19 1/2 years old. That was very depressing as she was my favorite cat of all time. I have dearly loved all my cats but there were a few I loved more.
>

> I don't know how many people are still here from the "old days". I saw Barb Schaller and Jill McQuown. Hi guys!
>

> Well, I'm going to try to start reading the group on a regular basis. And I'll try to post recipes from time to time.
>

> TTFN,
>
> Kate

Wow, you've had your share of 'ailments'. So sorry about your cats, I lost my most beloved cat Ming at 19 years as well. I think I remember you, I've only been a member of this group for a couple of years but I think you were here early on.

Anyway, welcome back !

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kate Connally" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I haven't had access to rfc for the last couple of years. I retired from
> the University of Pittsburgh, Physics Dept., 2 years ago. Then I had hip
> replacement surgery. I've recovered from that but have had serious back
> problems and have not been able to fully enjoy my retirement. I had such
> plans - go back to school and finally get my degree (only 12 units to
> go!), get back into the darkroom and print some gorgeous B/W photos, and
> volunteer at Animal Friends. Sigh. Also my cooking has been almost nil,
> although I'm still collecting recipes on the assumption I'll be up to
> trying them someday soon.
>
> I have lost both my cats in the last year. Last fall my Russian Blue,
> Lucy, developed and inoperable tumor and had to be put to sleep. She was
> 16 1/2 years old. Then this spring Goath Rua, my Abyssinian, had sudden
> kidney failure and had to be put to sleep. She was 19 1/2 years old.
> That was very depressing as she was my favorite cat of all time. I have
> dearly loved all my cats but there were a few I loved more.
>
> I don't know how many people are still here from the "old days". I saw
> Barb Schaller and Jill McQuown. Hi guys!
>
> Well, I'm going to try to start reading the group on a regular basis. And
> I'll try to post recipes from time to time.

I remember you Welcome back

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kate Connally wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Hi all,
> I haven't had access to rfc for the last couple of years. I retired
> from the University of Pittsburgh, Physics Dept., 2 years ago. Then
> I had hip replacement surgery. I've recovered from that but have had
> serious back problems and have not been able to fully enjoy my
> retirement. I had such plans - go back to school and finally get my
> degree (only 12 units to go!), get back into the darkroom and print
> some gorgeous B/W photos, and volunteer at Animal Friends. Sigh.
> Also my cooking has been almost nil, although I'm still collecting
> recipes on the assumption I'll be up to trying them someday soon.
>
> I have lost both my cats in the last year. Last fall my Russian
> Blue, Lucy, developed and inoperable tumor and had to be put to
> sleep. She was 16 1/2 years old. Then this spring Goath Rua, my
> Abyssinian, had sudden kidney failure and had to be put to sleep.
> She was 19 1/2 years old. That was very depressing as she was my
> favorite cat of all time. I have dearly loved all my cats but there
> were a few I loved more.
>
> I don't know how many people are still here from the "old days". I
> saw Barb Schaller and Jill McQuown. Hi guys!
>
> Well, I'm going to try to start reading the group on a regular basis.
> And I'll try to post recipes from time to time.
>
> TTFN,
> Kate

Hi Kate! I'm still here though a bit random in posting habits now.

Sorry to hear of your furry friends. I lost Aunti Mabel (deaf rescue
dog) since you last posted but adopted Iowna (blind from glaucoma in
her remaining eye) since then. Yeah, we are still nuts and taking in
rescues that most will not adopt. We limit to 3 and have a stiff upper
lip on any more so we can handle the bills.

BTW, do I remember right that you are a fellow bread maker? I know
your name and your cats names but can't remember that.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2014 5:23 PM, Kate Connally wrote:
> Hi all,
> I haven't had access to rfc for the last couple of years. I retired from the University of Pittsburgh, Physics Dept., 2 years ago. Then I had hip replacement surgery. I've recovered from that but have had serious back problems and have not been able to fully enjoy my retirement. I had such plans - go back to school and finally get my degree (only 12 units to go!), get back into the darkroom and print some gorgeous B/W photos, and volunteer at Animal Friends. Sigh. Also my cooking has been almost nil, although I'm still collecting recipes on the assumption I'll be up to trying them someday soon.
>
> I have lost both my cats in the last year. Last fall my Russian Blue, Lucy, developed and inoperable tumor and had to be put to sleep. She was 16 1/2 years old. Then this spring Goath Rua, my Abyssinian, had sudden kidney failure and had to be put to sleep. She was 19 1/2 years old. That was very depressing as she was my favorite cat of all time. I have dearly loved all my cats but there were a few I loved more.
>
> I don't know how many people are still here from the "old days". I saw Barb Schaller and Jill McQuown. Hi guys!
>
> Well, I'm going to try to start reading the group on a regular basis. And I'll try to post recipes from time to time.
>
> TTFN,
> Kate

I Kate! Sorry to hear you've had such troubles. I do hope things get
better for you. It's nice to see you again.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2014 5:23 PM, Kate Connally wrote:
> Hi all,
> I haven't had access to rfc for the last couple of years. I
> retired from the University of Pittsburgh, Physics Dept., 2 years ago.
> Then I had hip replacement surgery. I've recovered from that but have
> had serious back problems and have not been able to fully enjoy my
> retirement. I had such plans - go back to school and finally get my
> degree (only 12 units to go!), get back into the darkroom and print
> some gorgeous B/W photos, and volunteer at Animal Friends. Sigh.
> Also my cooking has been almost nil, although I'm still collecting

recipes
> on the assumption I'll be up to trying them someday soon.
>
> I have lost both my cats in the last year. Last fall my Russian Blue,
> Lucy, developed and inoperable tumor and had to be put to sleep. She
> was 16 1/2 years old. Then this spring Goath Rua, my Abyssinian, had
> sudden kidney failure and had to be put to sleep. She was 19 1/2

years old.
> That was very depressing as she was my favorite cat of all time.
> I have dearly loved all my cats but there were a few I loved more.
>
> I don't know how many people are still here from the "old days".
> I saw Barb Schaller and Jill McQuown. Hi guys!
>
> Well, I'm going to try to start reading the group on a regular basis.
> And I'll try to post recipes from time to time.

Kate! Delighted to see you!

I'm very sorry to hear about your cats. I hope you're feeling
better after all those physical problems that cropped up, bummer.
Those back problems are a bear.

Hope to see you around rfc, I missed you.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

[...]

---

Sorry for your losses.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 14:23:28 -0700 (PDT), Kate Connally
> wrote:

>Hi all,
>I haven't had access to rfc for the last couple of years. I retired from the University of Pittsburgh, Physics Dept., 2 years ago. Then I had hip replacement surgery. I've recovered from that but have had serious back problems and have not been able to fully enjoy my retirement. I had such plans - go back to school and finally get my degree (only 12 units to go!), get back into the darkroom and print some gorgeous B/W photos, and volunteer at Animal Friends. Sigh. Also my cooking has been almost nil, although I'm still collecting recipes on the assumption I'll be up to trying them someday soon.
>
>I have lost both my cats in the last year. Last fall my Russian Blue, Lucy, developed and inoperable tumor and had to be put to sleep. She was 16 1/2 years old. Then this spring Goath Rua, my Abyssinian, had sudden kidney failure and had to be put to sleep. She was 19 1/2 years old. That was very depressing as she was my favorite cat of all time. I have dearly loved all my cats but there were a few I loved more.
>
>I don't know how many people are still here from the "old days". I saw Barb Schaller and Jill McQuown. Hi guys!
>
>Well, I'm going to try to start reading the group on a regular basis. And I'll try to post recipes from time to time.
>
>TTFN,
>Kate

It's so nice to see you back. So sorry about your cats.
I hope you can get back to cooking soon.

koko
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2014 5:23 PM, Kate Connally wrote:
> Hi all,
> I haven't had access to rfc for the last couple of years. I retired from the University of Pittsburgh, Physics Dept., 2 years ago. Then I had hip replacement surgery. I've recovered from that but have had serious back problems and have not been able to fully enjoy my retirement. I had such plans - go back to school and finally get my degree (only 12 units to go!), get back into the darkroom and print some gorgeous B/W photos, and volunteer at Animal Friends. Sigh. Also my cooking has been almost nil, although I'm still collecting recipes on the assumption I'll be up to trying them someday soon.
>
> I have lost both my cats in the last year. Last fall my Russian Blue, Lucy, developed and inoperable tumor and had to be put to sleep. She was 16 1/2 years old. Then this spring Goath Rua, my Abyssinian, had sudden kidney failure and had to be put to sleep. She was 19 1/2 years old. That was very depressing as she was my favorite cat of all time. I have dearly loved all my cats but there were a few I loved more.
>
> I don't know how many people are still here from the "old days". I saw Barb Schaller and Jill McQuown. Hi guys!
>
> Well, I'm going to try to start reading the group on a regular basis. And I'll try to post recipes from time to time.
>
> TTFN,
> Kate

Hi Kate,
I remember you! Glad to see you back. Hope retirement gets better for you.

Ed
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 14:23:28 -0700 (PDT), Kate Connally
> wrote:

>Hi all,
>I haven't had access to rfc for the last couple of years. I retired from the University of Pittsburgh, Physics Dept., 2 years ago. Then I had hip replacement surgery. I've recovered from that but have had serious back problems and have not been able to fully enjoy my retirement. I had such plans - go back to school and finally get my degree (only 12 units to go!), get back into the darkroom and print some gorgeous B/W photos, and volunteer at Animal Friends. Sigh. Also my cooking has been almost nil, although I'm still collecting recipes on the assumption I'll be up to trying them someday soon.
>
>I have lost both my cats in the last year. Last fall my Russian Blue, Lucy, developed and inoperable tumor and had to be put to sleep. She was 16 1/2 years old. Then this spring Goath Rua, my Abyssinian, had sudden kidney failure and had to be put to sleep. She was 19 1/2 years old. That was very depressing as she was my favorite cat of all time. I have dearly loved all my cats but there were a few I loved more.
>
>I don't know how many people are still here from the "old days". I saw Barb Schaller and Jill McQuown. Hi guys!
>
>Well, I'm going to try to start reading the group on a regular basis. And I'll try to post recipes from time to time.
>
>TTFN,
>Kate

I'm still here... time to get new kittens... hope to see more of you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2014 5:00 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 14:23:28 -0700 (PDT), Kate Connally wrote:
>
>> I don't know how many people are still here from the "old days". I
>> saw Barb Schaller and Jill McQuown. Hi guys!

> Glad to see you back, Pittsburgh! We need more Pittsbuggers here.
>
> In case you hadn't heard, Andy (and his Evil Twin) died a couple of
> New Years Eve's ago. I know you didn't seem to mind his attention as
> much as some of the other ladies he "adored", but I'm kinda relieved
> that his admiration towards you didn't (and won't) go south as it did
> with others.

Is this the one woman on the planet you're not mean to?

>> Well, I'm going to try to start reading the group on a regular
>> basis.

> Warm up your killfile. You'll probably want to use it for a small
> handful of people here. Here comes one now...
>
> -sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 14:23:28 -0700 (PDT), Kate Connally wrote:
>
>> I don't know how many people are still here from the "old days". I
>> saw Barb Schaller and Jill McQuown. Hi guys!

> Glad to see you back, Pittsburgh! We need more Pittsbuggers here.
>
> In case you hadn't heard, Andy (and his Evil Twin) died a couple of
> New Years Eve's ago. I know you didn't seem to mind his attention as
> much as some of the other ladies he "adored", but I'm kinda relieved
> that his admiration towards you didn't (and won't) go south as it did
> with others.

I'm not so sure the Evil Twin is gone

this reminds me - the curse of Andy finally gave up the ghost - I've
been eating English muffins without even the suggestion of being
disturbed by thoughts of Andy, for I don't know how long, at least
a month

one less thing to worry about

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 14:23:28 -0700 (PDT), Kate Connally
> wrote:

>Hi all,
>I haven't had access to rfc for the last couple of years. I retired from the University of Pittsburgh, Physics Dept., 2 years ago. Then I had hip replacement surgery. I've recovered from that but have had serious back problems and have not been able to fully enjoy my retirement. I had such plans - go back to school and finally get my degree (only 12 units to go!), get back into the darkroom and print some gorgeous B/W photos, and volunteer at Animal Friends. Sigh. Also my cooking has been almost nil, although I'm still collecting recipes on the assumption I'll be up to trying them someday soon.
>
>I have lost both my cats in the last year. Last fall my Russian Blue, Lucy, developed and inoperable tumor and had to be put to sleep. She was 16 1/2 years old. Then this spring Goath Rua, my Abyssinian, had sudden kidney failure and had to be put to sleep. She was 19 1/2 years old. That was very depressing as she was my favorite cat of all time. I have dearly loved all my cats but there were a few I loved more.
>
>I don't know how many people are still here from the "old days". I saw Barb Schaller and Jill McQuown. Hi guys!
>
>Well, I'm going to try to start reading the group on a regular basis. And I'll try to post recipes from time to time.
>
>TTFN,
>Kate

Hi there! Glad to see you back!
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 14:23:28 -0700 (PDT), Kate Connally
> wrote:

> I haven't had access to rfc for the last couple of years. I retired from the University of Pittsburgh, Physics Dept., 2 years ago.

Welcome bake, Kate... it has been particularly contentious here lately
- so brace yourself.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hi, Kate, welcome back. I did notice you were missing, but decided it was your business and hoped
you were o.k. Sorry about your kitties.

N.

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate Connally[_3_] View Post
[...]

Hi welcome back Deepest condolences on the putty tats. We had to have our 15 year old foul tempered Mama chewawa sent to sleepy town a couple of weeks ago. Folks can sure get attached to those critters. Kindly dont be a stranger.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2014 4:23 PM, Kate Connally wrote:
> Hi all, I haven't had access to rfc for the last couple of years. I
> retired from the University of Pittsburgh, Physics Dept., 2 years
> ago. Then I had hip replacement surgery. I've recovered from that
> but have had serious back problems and have not been able to fully
> enjoy my retirement. I had such plans - go back to school and
> finally get my degree (only 12 units to go!), get back into the
> darkroom and print some gorgeous B/W photos, and volunteer at Animal
> Friends. Sigh. Also my cooking has been almost nil, although I'm
> still collecting recipes on the assumption I'll be up to trying them
> someday soon.
>
> I have lost both my cats in the last year. Last fall my Russian
> Blue, Lucy, developed and inoperable tumor and had to be put to
> sleep. She was 16 1/2 years old. Then this spring Goath Rua, my
> Abyssinian, had sudden kidney failure and had to be put to sleep.
> She was 19 1/2 years old. That was very depressing as she was my
> favorite cat of all time. I have dearly loved all my cats but there
> were a few I loved more.
>
> I don't know how many people are still here from the "old days". I
> saw Barb Schaller and Jill McQuown. Hi guys!
>
> Well, I'm going to try to start reading the group on a regular basis.
> And I'll try to post recipes from time to time.
>
> TTFN, Kate

Sorry about the hip surgery and the loss of your cats. I am glad you are
still collecting recipes and I hope you get to try them. Nice to have
you back.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I remember you.

Sorry about the cats and I DO hope a new kitty worms its way into your household.

Hope you have seen the end of trouble for a long while.

Kalmia
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/26/2014 11:31 AM, bigwheel wrote:

> 'Kate Connally[_3_ Wrote:

snip...
>> I have lost both my cats in the last year. Last fall my Russian Blue,
>> Lucy, developed and inoperable tumor and had to be put to sleep. She
>> was 16 1/2 years old. Then this spring Goath Rua, my Abyssinian, had
>> sudden kidney failure and had to be put to sleep. She was 19 1/2 years
>> old. That was very depressing as she was my favorite cat of all time.
>> I have dearly loved all my cats but there were a few I loved more.
>>
>> I don't know how many people are still here from the "old days". I saw
>> Barb Schaller and Jill McQuown. Hi guys!
>>
>> Well, I'm going to try to start reading the group on a regular basis.
>> And I'll try to post recipes from time to time.
>>
>> TTFN,
>> Kate

> Hi welcome back Deepest condolences on the putty tats. We had to have
> our 15 year old foul tempered Mama chewawa sent to sleepy town a couple
> of weeks ago. Folks can sure get attached to those critters. Kindly dont
> be a stranger.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. You gave her a good life :-(

Becca

NEBA ROAST BEEF SANDWICH, PLEASE COME BACK, we miss you [email protected] Restaurants 6 01-02-2009 02:10 PM
What did I miss...? Bob (this one) General Cooking 7 25-04-2006 01:14 AM
Miss Me?!? Goomba General Cooking 2 05-06-2004 03:20 AM
Miss me? Steve Wertz Barbecue 6 12-01-2004 05:38 PM