Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.fast-food

Default Article - A Burger Chain You've Probably Never Heard Of Was JustNamed Best In America

On 7/10/14, 10:13 PM, Travis McGee wrote:

> Never eaten at at Habit Burger; in fact, this is the first time I've heard
> of them, even though I grew up in and around their area.

The Habit burger patty is about the same size as In-N-Outs patty and has the
same meaty taste to it. If you like the taste of the In-N-Out hamburger
patty, you'll like the taste of the Habit Burger Grill patty too.

But what's cool about the Habit, compared to In-N-Out, is that one has a lot
more choices on the topping that can be put on the burger. At the Habit one
can add mushrooms, bacon, and avocado to their burger. And instead of a
traditional hamburger bun, one can instead choose a whole grain wheat bun or
toasted sliced sourdough.

They also serve tri-tip, chicken and grilled albacore tuna sandwiches. All
of which are quite good.

They also have more side options than In-N-Out, including sweet potato
fries, onion rings, regular or Caesar salads and soft-serve ice cream.

I'm not surprised that they were rated #1.

- Peter

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jul 2014 11:40:20 -0700, Peter Lawrence >
wrote:

> On 7/10/14, 10:13 PM, Travis McGee wrote:
> >
> > Never eaten at at Habit Burger; in fact, this is the first time I've heard
> > of them, even though I grew up in and around their area.

> The Habit burger patty is about the same size as In-N-Outs patty and has the
> same meaty taste to it. If you like the taste of the In-N-Out hamburger
> patty, you'll like the taste of the Habit Burger Grill patty too.
>
> But what's cool about the Habit, compared to In-N-Out, is that one has a lot
> more choices on the topping that can be put on the burger. At the Habit one
> can add mushrooms, bacon, and avocado to their burger.

Are they free? In N Out's are free.

> Ad instead of a
> traditional hamburger bun, one can instead choose a whole grain wheat bun or
> toasted sliced sourdough.
>
> They also serve tri-tip, chicken and grilled albacore tuna sandwiches. All
> of which are quite good.
>
> They also have more side options than In-N-Out, including sweet potato
> fries, onion rings, regular or Caesar salads and soft-serve ice cream.
>
> I'm not surprised that they were rated #1.

I was one of the few who thought The Habit was more hype than
substance. When I get a FF burger, I'm fine with In N Out. I want a
burger on a bun with lettuce, tomato and onion. In N Out concentrates
on serving a traditional burger, they are not trying to gussy it up or
cover a broader spectrum. You want something else, go elsewhere.
That concept is not hurting their business and there's no reason for
me to pay more if I don't have to.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.