Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Eye of round steak and eggs for breakfast

2 fried eggs and the maligned cut of meat eye of round I pan fried it medium. No marbling to speak of. I fried in butter. Put a lid on it. Then fried the eggs in the brown butter. It was edible. If the meat cutter knows what he/she is doing, there is an area in the eye of round that can be cut up and used for dry cooking with an oil or fat. I use butter. That gives me all the satFats I need. I bought eye of round steaks at the market. They just cut up up the whole muscle. You can get some pretty tough customers. To get a proper steak, the Kitchener or Waterloo farmer's market is the place to go. Mine had some chew to it. It's not a rib eye exactly. The Waterloo(Some say St. Jacobs)Farmer's Market burned down. No anti fire sprinklers or anything. A wooden building. It's been reopened though. Kitchener(formerly Berlin; renamed in honour of the war mongering war criminal Lord Kitchener of South Africa fame)has the best Oktoberfest outside of Muenchen. A little taste of German heritage; too many drunks though. The best Oktoberfest I ever had was when I was a bartender at the Transylvania Club. It's now defunct. Non stop busy. From noon till closing. One little break to scarf down some Sauerkraut and sausage. Outstanding.
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Goose in Love View Post
[...]
I go through quite a bit of eye of round making jerky. It tends to be pretty chewy. Now a person who knows what they are doing can prob dig around in there and find some chunk of it which is not as chewy as others. The eye has all the round locked within..Top..Bottom and whatever else there may be. Top round aka London Broil can be chewed especially in Choice grade.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 02/06/2014 01:51 pm, A Goose in Love wrote:
> Sauerkraut and sausage. Outstanding.

A GOOSESTEPPER more like!!!

GAFU!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 3, 2014 7:33:56 AM UTC-4, Saint George wrote:
> On 02/06/2014 01:51 pm, A Goose in Love wrote:
>
> > Sauerkraut and sausage. Outstanding.

> A GOOSESTEPPER more like!!!
>

> GAFU!

What does GAFU even mean? I challenge you to a duel at the University Of Heidelberg. I will give you a nice scar on your cheek. I suppose now that I will for the record let the law know that I'm only joking. They might take me seriously. I mean, I'd like to give you a scar, but it's illegal. Actually, I don't wish to give you a scar. I don't even want to bother with you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 2, 2014 10:21:12 PM UTC-4, bigwheel wrote:
> A Goose in Love;1936544 Wrote:
>
> > 2 fried eggs and the maligned cut of meat eye of round I pan fried it

> > medium. No marbling to speak of. I fried in butter. Put a lid on it.

> > Then fried the eggs in the brown butter. It was edible. If the meat

> > cutter knows what he/she is doing, there is an area in the eye of round

> > that can be cut up and used for dry cooking with an oil or fat. I use

> > butter. That gives me all the satFats I need. I bought eye of round

> > steaks at the market. They just cut up up the whole muscle. You can

> > get some pretty tough customers. To get a proper steak, the Kitchener

> > or Waterloo farmer's market is the place to go. Mine had some chew to

> > it. It's not a rib eye exactly. The Waterloo(Some say St.

> > Jacobs)Farmer's Market burned down. No anti fire sprinklers or

> > anything. A wooden building. It's been reopened though.

> > Kitchener(formerly Berlin; renamed in honour of the war mongering war

> > criminal Lord Kitchener of South Africa fame)has the best Oktoberfest

> > outside of Muenchen. A little taste of German heritage; too many

> > drunks though. The best Oktoberfest I ever had was when I was a

> > bartender at the Transylvania Club. It's now defunct. Non stop busy.

> > From noon till closing. One little break to scarf down some Sauerkraut

> > and sausage. Outstanding.

> I go through quite a bit of eye of round making jerky. It tends to be
>
> pretty chewy. Now a person who knows what they are doing can prob dig
>
> around in there and find some chunk of it which is not as chewy as
>
> others. The eye has all the round locked within..Top..Bottom and
>
> whatever else there may be. Top round aka London Broil can be chewed
>
> especially in Choice grade.

You can also dry roast it. Wrapped in bacon. The technique I used had it seared in the oven, then the oven turned off. For a couple of hours. For the exact technique, you'll have to google, because I forget.

Steak and eggs breakfast koko General Cooking 108 11-01-2010 04:42 PM
Smothered Round Steak Tim Recipes 0 03-05-2005 12:05 PM
I need your counsel re round steak for Swiss steak Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 118 06-01-2005 06:36 AM
I need your counsel re round steak for Swiss steak Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 0 02-01-2005 10:34 PM
Round Steak JJGrey General Cooking 2 31-07-2004 08:21 PM