Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Advice on wedding present

On Sun, 25 May 2014 22:12:31 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
>news
>> On 5/26/2014 12:49 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

snippage....
>I do sometimes ship common items but I ship them straight from the vendor so
>that I don't have to pay a fortune to ship them. Still can't figure out how
>so many places can offer free or cheap shipping. The small package that I
>sent to my MIL cost me $40!

Julie, I ship many packages and I wanted to hint to you- if you are
shipping within the US, use the Priority Flat Rate boxes and
envelopes. As it says it's a Flat Rate and the box can weigh up to 20
pounds- but if you are using regular Priority- the shipping via USPS
can zoom up.

Now if you had shipped out of the US to you MIL-the cost is enormous
even if Flat Rate Priority International. But you can send up to 20
pounds.

Just my $.02 as a USPS shipping pro.

aloha,
Cea