Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Shari's Ciabatta bread

I had their turkey sandwich today. Meh. Mine was much better! Their rolls
were totally different than what I bought though. And I am thinking they
were some kind of faux Ciabatta. The rolls were square and very small.
Made for a tiny sandwich. The bread was not chewy or dry but certainly more
dense than a white bread. And no big holes whatever. Just very tiny ones.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 May 2014 20:03:32 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> I had their turkey sandwich today. Meh. Mine was much better! Their rolls
> were totally different than what I bought though. And I am thinking they
> were some kind of faux Ciabatta. The rolls were square and very small.
> Made for a tiny sandwich. The bread was not chewy or dry but certainly more
> dense than a white bread. And no big holes whatever. Just very tiny ones.

The one I had the other day at La Boulange was a faux ciabatta too,
but it tasted good and had a crispy crust. I was hungry and didn't
care enough to complain, but I won't be going back any time soon.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 24 May 2014 20:03:32 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> I had their turkey sandwich today. Meh. Mine was much better! Their
>> rolls
>> were totally different than what I bought though. And I am thinking they
>> were some kind of faux Ciabatta. The rolls were square and very small.
>> Made for a tiny sandwich. The bread was not chewy or dry but certainly
>> more
>> dense than a white bread. And no big holes whatever. Just very tiny
>> ones.

> The one I had the other day at La Boulange was a faux ciabatta too,
> but it tasted good and had a crispy crust. I was hungry and didn't
> care enough to complain, but I won't be going back any time soon.

This wasn't toasted so not crispy. My only beef is that they don't want to
sell me just the sandwich. As listed on the menu, it comes as 1/2 a
sandwich with soup and maybe it was and/or a slice of quiche. I only wanted
the sandwich. $1.99 more for the whole sandwich. They insisted of giving me
a bunch of fruit with it which I did not want. I thought I was clear today.
The sandwich and only the sandwich. Nothing else on the plate. Still came
with the fruit. Someone else ate the fruit.

Ciabatta bread Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 22 25-05-2014 10:22 AM
ciabatta bread: what makes it different from++ Kalmia General Cooking 16 13-07-2012 09:54 PM
Ciabatta Italian Bread Sandy U. Recipes (moderated) 0 24-01-2007 01:12 PM
Ciabatta - Italian Bread Tim Recipes 0 11-06-2005 11:40 AM
Ciabatta Bread International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 05-01-2005 06:24 PM