Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default [OT] New respect for cats

Never disliked cats. I've had several. But, never gave 'em much
credit for anything except being lazy opportunists. I stand
corrected, if not in downright awe. Behold, Tara the watch cat:

Tara the Terrible opens a can of whup-ass on a vicious "skulking" dog.
Amazing!

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_jemp5ei1

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 15 May 2014 12:48:19 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>Never disliked cats. I've had several. But, never gave 'em much
>credit for anything except being lazy opportunists. I stand
>corrected, if not in downright awe. Behold, Tara the watch cat:
>
>Tara the Terrible opens a can of whup-ass on a vicious "skulking" dog.
>Amazing!
>
>http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_jemp5ei1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E_SxwbotS0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQOQdBLHrLk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> Never disliked cats. I've had several. But, never gave 'em much
> credit for anything except being lazy opportunists. I stand
> corrected, if not in downright awe. Behold, Tara the watch cat:
>
> Tara the Terrible opens a can of whup-ass on a vicious "skulking" dog.
> Amazing!
>
> http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_jemp5ei1

That dog tore thge kid up pretty badly with severe lacerations. The dog was
put down.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 15 May 2014 12:48:19 GMT, notbob > wrote:

> Never disliked cats. I've had several. But, never gave 'em much
> credit for anything except being lazy opportunists. I stand
> corrected, if not in downright awe. Behold, Tara the watch cat:
>
> Tara the Terrible opens a can of whup-ass on a vicious "skulking" dog.
> Amazing!
>
> http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_jemp5ei1

Wondering if that was the family dog because Mom didn't stick around
to comfort the kid - she high tailed it off screen going after
something.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/15/2014 10:32 AM, sf wrote:
> On 15 May 2014 12:48:19 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>
>> Never disliked cats. I've had several. But, never gave 'em much
>> credit for anything except being lazy opportunists. I stand
>> corrected, if not in downright awe. Behold, Tara the watch cat:
>>
>> Tara the Terrible opens a can of whup-ass on a vicious "skulking" dog.
>> Amazing!
>>
>> http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_jemp5ei1
>>

> Wondering if that was the family dog because Mom didn't stick around
> to comfort the kid - she high tailed it off screen going after
> something.

The mother said it was the neighbor's dog. I think she was high tailing
it over to the neighbor's house to tell them what happened. She took
the boy to the hospital where he got stitches. The dog is now "under
observation", which sure sounds like they aren't getting that dog back.

I do not understand people who let their animals run loose. That
includes cats, although in this case I'm glad the cat was outside.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 May 2014 06:51:10 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
wrote:

> "notbob" > wrote in message
> > Never disliked cats. I've had several. But, never gave 'em much
> > credit for anything except being lazy opportunists. I stand
> > corrected, if not in downright awe. Behold, Tara the watch cat:
> >
> > Tara the Terrible opens a can of whup-ass on a vicious "skulking" dog.
> > Amazing!
> >
> > http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_jemp5ei1
> >

> That dog tore thge kid up pretty badly with severe lacerations. The dog was
> put down.

Did that happen in your area?

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 May 2014 10:50:19 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 5/15/2014 10:32 AM, sf wrote:
> > On 15 May 2014 12:48:19 GMT, notbob > wrote:
> >
> >> Never disliked cats. I've had several. But, never gave 'em much
> >> credit for anything except being lazy opportunists. I stand
> >> corrected, if not in downright awe. Behold, Tara the watch cat:
> >>
> >> Tara the Terrible opens a can of whup-ass on a vicious "skulking" dog.
> >> Amazing!
> >>
> >> http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_jemp5ei1
> >>

> > Wondering if that was the family dog because Mom didn't stick around
> > to comfort the kid - she high tailed it off screen going after
> > something.
> >

> The mother said it was the neighbor's dog. I think she was high tailing
> it over to the neighbor's house to tell them what happened. She took
> the boy to the hospital where he got stitches. The dog is now "under
> observation", which sure sounds like they aren't getting that dog back.

Where did you get that part from?

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/15/2014 11:55 AM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 15 May 2014 10:50:19 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:

>>> Wondering if that was the family dog because Mom didn't stick around
>>> to comfort the kid - she high tailed it off screen going after
>>> something.
>>>

>> The mother said it was the neighbor's dog. I think she was high tailing
>> it over to the neighbor's house to tell them what happened. She took
>> the boy to the hospital where he got stitches. The dog is now "under
>> observation", which sure sounds like they aren't getting that dog back.

> Where did you get that part from?

The original video I saw was from CNN, not TMZ. The news story said the
dog belonged to the next door neighbor. They showed the boy (bites?
scratches from being dragged off his bicycle? I couldn't really tell)
with stitches. The dog was taken away, presumeably by animal control.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/14/us/cat-helps-boy/

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-15 9:30 AM, wrote:

>> Never disliked cats. I've had several. But, never gave 'em much
>> credit for anything except being lazy opportunists. I stand
>> corrected, if not in downright awe. Behold, Tara the watch cat:
>>
>> Tara the Terrible opens a can of whup-ass on a vicious "skulking" dog.
>> Amazing!

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_jemp5ei1

>> nb

> Some cats are brave - my old cat used to terrify the hell out of my
> son's bull terrier.

I have never been interested in cats as house pets but have spent enough
time on farms and living in the country to appreciate their role in
rodent control. I used to spend a lot of time at a friend's farm and
they had a big mean tom cat named Willie. No one and no animal in their
right mind messed with Willy. We was tame enough to let into the house
and new better than to get up on the table or counters, but if food fell
on the floor when Willy was around you would be risking serious injury
to try to recover it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-15 10:32 AM, sf wrote:
> On 15 May 2014 12:48:19 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>
>> Never disliked cats. I've had several. But, never gave 'em much
>> credit for anything except being lazy opportunists. I stand
>> corrected, if not in downright awe. Behold, Tara the watch cat:
>>
>> Tara the Terrible opens a can of whup-ass on a vicious "skulking" dog.
>> Amazing!
>>
>> http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_jemp5ei1
>>

> Wondering if that was the family dog because Mom didn't stick around
> to comfort the kid - she high tailed it off screen going after
> something.

It is hard to tell from the video because she did head off in the
direction that the dog had gone. For all you can tell from the video it
could have just be playfulness, though much to rough, and family dog and
cat might explain why the cat ran in and dog ran off. However..... when
you read the article and see the damage it is a different story.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-15, jmcquown > wrote:

> The original video I saw was from CNN, not TMZ.

I chose TMZ cuz it didn't link to youtube, which has a block on the
vid unless yer a registered user. I also didn't use the one I first
witnessed cuz it was a long URL and we all know how much you folks
love to snivel about those. So, here it is, video by Kero (?) which
also shows the unstitched wounds in all their gruesome glory:

<http://www.turnto23.com/news/local-news/amazing-video-cat-saves-boy-from-dog-attack-in-southwest-bakersfield-051414>

.....or....

http://tinyurl.com/m8tlkak

Happy, now?

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-15 10:50 AM, jmcquown wrote:

> The mother said it was the neighbor's dog. I think she was high tailing
> it over to the neighbor's house to tell them what happened. She took
> the boy to the hospital where he got stitches. The dog is now "under
> observation", which sure sounds like they aren't getting that dog back.
>
> I do not understand people who let their animals run loose. That
> includes cats, although in this case I'm glad the cat was outside.

It seems it was not allowed to run loose but made it's escape when the
neighbour left his gated yard. The only animal there that was allowed
to run loose was the cat. I can appreciate the escaping dog issue. My
hound from hell rescue Malinois is untrainable. I can not trust him. If
the door is left open he will bolt and take off on me. He will come back
some time later, when he is ready to come back. He will have had a great
time and try to tell me all about it. But... if someone were to walk by
with a dog.... all hell could break loose.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/15/2014 12:51 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2014-05-15 10:32 AM, sf wrote:
>> On 15 May 2014 12:48:19 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>>
>>> Never disliked cats. I've had several. But, never gave 'em much
>>> credit for anything except being lazy opportunists. I stand
>>> corrected, if not in downright awe. Behold, Tara the watch cat:
>>>
>>> Tara the Terrible opens a can of whup-ass on a vicious "skulking" dog.
>>> Amazing!
>>>
>>> http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_jemp5ei1
>>>

>> Wondering if that was the family dog because Mom didn't stick around
>> to comfort the kid - she high tailed it off screen going after
>> something.
>>

> It is hard to tell from the video because she did head off in the
> direction that the dog had gone. For all you can tell from the video it
> could have just be playfulness, though much to rough, and family dog and
> cat might explain why the cat ran in and dog ran off. However..... when
> you read the article and see the damage it is a different story.

See the actual news story from CNN:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6n0sPHBkBA

The dog belonged to a neighbor. After checking on little boy she
undoubtedly ran next door to make sure they knew what happened.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-15 11:55 AM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 15 May 2014 10:50:19 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:

>>> Wondering if that was the family dog because Mom didn't stick around
>>> to comfort the kid - she high tailed it off screen going after
>>> something.
>>>

>> The mother said it was the neighbor's dog. I think she was high tailing
>> it over to the neighbor's house to tell them what happened. She took
>> the boy to the hospital where he got stitches. The dog is now "under
>> observation", which sure sounds like they aren't getting that dog back.

> Where did you get that part from?

http://globalnews.ca/news/1331091/wa...om-dog-attack/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/15/2014 12:54 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 2014-05-15, jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> The original video I saw was from CNN, not TMZ.

> I chose TMZ cuz it didn't link to youtube, which has a block on the
> vid unless yer a registered user. I also didn't use the one I first
> witnessed cuz it was a long URL and we all know how much you folks
> love to snivel about those. So, here it is, video by Kero (?) which
> also shows the unstitched wounds in all their gruesome glory:
>
> <http://www.turnto23.com/news/local-news/amazing-video-cat-saves-boy-from-dog-attack-in-southwest-bakersfield-051414>
>
> ....or....
>
> http://tinyurl.com/m8tlkak
>
> Happy, now?
>
> nb

I wasn't unhappy. I replied to the question about how I knew the dog
belonged to a neighbor. Because I saw it somewhere else! Sheesh!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-15 12:55 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/15/2014 12:51 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Wondering if that was the family dog because Mom didn't stick around
>>> to comfort the kid - she high tailed it off screen going after
>>> something.
>>>

>> It is hard to tell from the video because she did head off in the
>> direction that the dog had gone. For all you can tell from the video it
>> could have just be playfulness, though much to rough, and family dog and
>> cat might explain why the cat ran in and dog ran off. However..... when
>> you read the article and see the damage it is a different story.
>>

> See the actual news story from CNN:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6n0sPHBkBA
>
> The dog belonged to a neighbor. After checking on little boy she
> undoubtedly ran next door to make sure they knew what happened.

LOL.... (male) commentator "I think we are going to see the same fate
that befell Old Yeller"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/15/2014 12:05 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On 15 May 2014 12:48:19 GMT, notbob wrote:
>
>> Never disliked cats. I've had several. But, never gave 'em much
>> credit for anything except being lazy opportunists. I stand
>> corrected, if not in downright awe. Behold, Tara the watch cat:
>>
>> Tara the Terrible opens a can of whup-ass on a vicious "skulking" dog.
>> Amazing!
>>
>> http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_jemp5ei1

> That dog needs put down and his owner sued. That cat *threw* himself
> at the dog and didn't waste any time doing it.

Imagine if that cat weighed as much as that dog.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> Never disliked cats. I've had several. But, never gave 'em much
> credit for anything except being lazy opportunists. I stand
> corrected, if not in downright awe. Behold, Tara the watch cat:
>
> Tara the Terrible opens a can of whup-ass on a vicious "skulking" dog.
> Amazing!
>
> http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_jemp5ei1

Wow! That really is amazing!!!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/15/2014 12:56 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2014-05-15 11:55 AM, sf wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 May 2014 10:50:19 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> The mother said it was the neighbor's dog. I think she was high tailing
>>> it over to the neighbor's house to tell them what happened. She took
>>> the boy to the hospital where he got stitches. The dog is now "under
>>> observation", which sure sounds like they aren't getting that dog back.

>> Where did you get that part from?

> http://globalnews.ca/news/1331091/wa...om-dog-attack/

She [the mother] told KGET the dog continued to hang around and also bit
her as she tried to chase it off.

Sure, I can understand a dog can escape a fenced yard. It happens.

That dog was clearly UNprovoked. It was the aggressor. The little boy
was on the other side of the car, minding his own business in his own yard.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 May 2014 12:14:34 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 5/15/2014 11:55 AM, sf wrote:
> > On Thu, 15 May 2014 10:50:19 -0400, jmcquown >
> > wrote:

> >> The mother said it was the neighbor's dog. I think she was high tailing
> >> it over to the neighbor's house to tell them what happened. She took
> >> the boy to the hospital where he got stitches. The dog is now "under
> >> observation", which sure sounds like they aren't getting that dog back.

> > Where did you get that part from?

> The original video I saw was from CNN, not TMZ. The news story said the
> dog belonged to the next door neighbor. They showed the boy (bites?
> scratches from being dragged off his bicycle? I couldn't really tell)
> with stitches. The dog was taken away, presumeably by animal control.
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/14/us/cat-helps-boy/

Thanks, this is the first time around for me - so background details
were lacking.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/15/2014 1:13 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2014-05-15 12:55 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> It is hard to tell from the video because she did head off in the
>>> direction that the dog had gone. For all you can tell from the video it
>>> could have just be playfulness, though much to rough, and family dog and
>>> cat might explain why the cat ran in and dog ran off. However..... when
>>> you read the article and see the damage it is a different story.
>>>

>> See the actual news story from CNN:
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6n0sPHBkBA
>>
>> The dog belonged to a neighbor. After checking on little boy she
>> undoubtedly ran next door to make sure they knew what happened.
>>

> LOL.... (male) commentator "I think we are going to see the same fate
> that befell Old Yeller"

LOL That's one movie I never did see. But just like Bambi (which I also
never saw), I know what happens in the end.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/15/2014 1:25 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 5/15/2014 12:05 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On 15 May 2014 12:48:19 GMT, notbob wrote:
>>
>>> Never disliked cats. I've had several. But, never gave 'em much
>>> credit for anything except being lazy opportunists. I stand
>>> corrected, if not in downright awe. Behold, Tara the watch cat:
>>>
>>> Tara the Terrible opens a can of whup-ass on a vicious "skulking" dog.
>>> Amazing!
>>>
>>> http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_jemp5ei1

>> That dog needs put down and his owner sued. That cat *threw* himself
>> at the dog and didn't waste any time doing it.

> Imagine if that cat weighed as much as that dog.
>
> nancy

The dog would be dead.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/15/2014 12:05 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

>> http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_jemp5ei1

> That dog needs put down and his owner sued. That cat *threw* himself
> at the dog and didn't waste any time doing it.
>
> -sw

Maybe. What we don't know is if the kid usually throws stones at the dog
or pokes it through the fence with a stick. We saw a very small portion
of life of that street.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 May 2014 12:51:07 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> On 2014-05-15 10:32 AM, sf wrote:
> > On 15 May 2014 12:48:19 GMT, notbob > wrote:
> >
> >> Never disliked cats. I've had several. But, never gave 'em much
> >> credit for anything except being lazy opportunists. I stand
> >> corrected, if not in downright awe. Behold, Tara the watch cat:
> >>
> >> Tara the Terrible opens a can of whup-ass on a vicious "skulking" dog.
> >> Amazing!
> >>
> >> http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_jemp5ei1
> >>

> > Wondering if that was the family dog because Mom didn't stick around
> > to comfort the kid - she high tailed it off screen going after
> > something.
> >

> It is hard to tell from the video because she did head off in the
> direction that the dog had gone. For all you can tell from the video it
> could have just be playfulness, though much to rough, and family dog and
> cat might explain why the cat ran in and dog ran off. However..... when
> you read the article and see the damage it is a different story.

What I saw above had no accompanying article and I was unfamiliar with
the story.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/15/2014 1:53 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/15/2014 12:05 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>>> http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_jemp5ei1

>> That dog needs put down and his owner sued. That cat *threw* himself
>> at the dog and didn't waste any time doing it.
>>
>> -sw
>>

> Maybe. What we don't know is if the kid usually throws stones at the dog
> or pokes it through the fence with a stick. We saw a very small portion
> of life of that street.

This is true. Another article did say the child is mildly autistic. He
might not know how to relate to the dog behind the fence. Or to the
family cat, for that matter.

I do think the cat reacted well to the impending danger to that little
boy. Not to over anthropomorphize but the cat certainly seemed to be
protecting a member of her family.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:48:19 AM UTC-7, notbob wrote:
> Never disliked cats. I've had several. But, never gave 'em much
>
> credit for anything except being lazy opportunists. I stand
>
> corrected, if not in downright awe. Behold, Tara the watch cat:
>

> Tara the Terrible opens a can of whup-ass on a vicious "skulking" dog.
>
> Amazing!
>

> http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_jemp5ei1
>

> nb

Has anyone said why there are multiple camera angles?

Strange, I'd hate to think this was staged.

Julie P.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 May 2014 06:51:10 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
> wrote:
>

>> "notbob" > wrote in message
>> > Never disliked cats. I've had several. But, never gave 'em much
>> > credit for anything except being lazy opportunists. I stand
>> > corrected, if not in downright awe. Behold, Tara the watch cat:
>> >
>> > Tara the Terrible opens a can of whup-ass on a vicious "skulking" dog.
>> > Amazing!
>> >
>> > http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_jemp5ei1
>> >

>> That dog tore thge kid up pretty badly with severe lacerations. The dog
>> was
>> put down.
>>

> Did that happen in your area?

Bakersfield. I read about it on another site and it said the dog was
euthanized. You should have seen the injuries to the boy, they were really
bad.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 May 2014 11:14:54 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

> Has anyone said why there are multiple camera angles?

Not that I've read here.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 15, 2014 10:46:26 AM UTC-7, jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/15/2014 1:13 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

> >> See the actual news story from CNN:

> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6n0sPHBkBA

> >> The dog belonged to a neighbor. After checking on little boy she

> >> undoubtedly ran next door to make sure they knew what happened.

> > LOL.... (male) commentator "I think we are going to see the same fate

> > that befell Old Yeller"

> LOL That's one movie I never did see. But just like Bambi (which I also
>
> never saw), I know what happens in the end.
>

> Jill

Well...here's a short history of Bambi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwnd3PY46-g
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 15, 2014 11:14:54 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> On Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:48:19 AM UTC-7, notbob wrote:
>
> > Never disliked cats. I've had several. But, never gave 'em much

> > credit for anything except being lazy opportunists. I stand

> > corrected, if not in downright awe. Behold, Tara the watch cat:

> > Tara the Terrible opens a can of whup-ass on a vicious "skulking" dog.

> > Amazing!

> > http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_jemp5ei1

> > nb

> Has anyone said why there are multiple camera angles?
>

> Strange, I'd hate to think this was staged.
>

> Julie P.

Because the owners had several security cameras. It was all over the news and NBC and several other stations interviewed the parents.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/15/2014 2:09 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

>>> That dog needs put down and his owner sued. That cat *threw* himself
>>> at the dog and didn't waste any time doing it.

>> Maybe. What we don't know is if the kid usually throws stones at the dog
>> or pokes it through the fence with a stick. We saw a very small portion
>> of life of that street.

> If the kid did stuff like that to the dog then he'd probably be
> treating the cat the same way. And the cat doesn't seem to mind the
> kid from the video shown here and the subsequent interviews with the
> family.
>
> That dog needs shot.
>
> -sw

We can do away with the court system and just have you hand out justice
based on some half stories. Save a lot of time and money that way.

Not everyone treats the family pet and the neighbor's pet the same way.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/15/2014 2:50 PM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 15 May 2014 11:14:54 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
>
>> Has anyone said why there are multiple camera angles?

> Not that I've read here.

Home surveillance cameras set up around the cat owners house. I guess
it's not a very safe neighborhood?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-15 1:46 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/15/2014 1:13 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> See the actual news story from CNN:
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6n0sPHBkBA
>>>
>>> The dog belonged to a neighbor. After checking on little boy she
>>> undoubtedly ran next door to make sure they knew what happened.
>>>

>> LOL.... (male) commentator "I think we are going to see the same fate
>> that befell Old Yeller"
>>

> LOL That's one movie I never did see. But just like Bambi (which I also
> never saw), I know what happens in the end.

Old Yeller is the first movie I remember going. Maybe it was the first
colour movie I was taken to. It could be that it was just the first one
I remember. I was only 6 when it came out.

Another good reference to that movie was in Soap. Someone who had
drooled was described as looking like Old Yeller just before they shot him.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-15 1:55 PM, sf wrote:

>> It is hard to tell from the video because she did head off in the
>> direction that the dog had gone. For all you can tell from the video it
>> could have just be playfulness, though much to rough, and family dog and
>> cat might explain why the cat ran in and dog ran off. However..... when
>> you read the article and see the damage it is a different story.
>>

> What I saw above had no accompanying article and I was unfamiliar with
> the story.

Google is our friend.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-15 2:14 PM, wrote:
> On Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:48:19 AM UTC-7, notbob wrote:
>> Never disliked cats. I've had several. But, never gave 'em much
>>
>> credit for anything except being lazy opportunists. I stand
>>
>> corrected, if not in downright awe. Behold, Tara the watch cat:
>>

>> Tara the Terrible opens a can of whup-ass on a vicious "skulking" dog.
>>
>> Amazing!

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_jemp5ei1

>> nb

> Has anyone said why there are multiple camera angles?
>
> Strange, I'd hate to think this was staged.

I had assumed that they were security cameras, but I I won't deny the
possibility that it was faked. Remember this one where the eagle
snatched a baby..... faked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmJaSDdhRdI

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/15/2014 7:58 AM, jmcquown wrote:

> I do think the cat reacted well to the impending danger to that little
> boy. Not to over anthropomorphize but the cat certainly seemed to be
> protecting a member of her family.
>
> Jill

I don't think the cat was trying to be heroic nor was it saving it's
"loved ones" from harm. Mostly, it was trying to protect it's
territory/property. My cat will stare down the neighbor's big dog when
he comes into the house with no problem. It freaks the dog out. OTOH,
Sniffles is kind of chicken when it comes to venturing out of our front
door.