Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Maple pudding recipe?

The one I used, years ago, was on a rectangular
metal container of maple syrup and it included
walnuts. I don't THINK it had any flour in it, but
if it did, it was little enough so that the pudding
was never a solid. I.e., not a baked pudding, I
think - it was as liquid as instant chocolate pudding.

I don't know which keywords to Google on without wasting
time - can anyone help? Thanks.

Lenona.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 7, 2014 2:33:54 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> The one I used, years ago, was on a rectangular
>
> metal container of maple syrup and it included
>
> walnuts. I don't THINK it had any flour in it, but
>
> if it did, it was little enough so that the pudding
>
> was never a solid. I.e., not a baked pudding, I
>
> think - it was as liquid as instant chocolate pudding.
>

> I don't know which keywords to Google on without wasting
>
> time - can anyone help? Thanks.
>

> Lenona.

By the time it took you to make the post you could have looked it up. Shit...you're just a lazy ass.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-07 6:30 PM, Janet wrote:

>> I don't know which keywords to Google on without wasting
>> time - can anyone help? Thanks.

> Maple pudding seems to work

;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> The one I used, years ago, was on a rectangular
> metal container of maple syrup and it included
> walnuts. I don't THINK it had any flour in it, but
> if it did, it was little enough so that the pudding
> was never a solid. I.e., not a baked pudding, I
> think - it was as liquid as instant chocolate pudding.
>
> I don't know which keywords to Google on without wasting
> time - can anyone help? Thanks.
>
> Lenona.

There's a recipe here that might be what you're looking for, but it does
have flour.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/maple-syrup-pudding/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-07 10:13 PM, Cheri wrote:

> > wrote in message
>> The one I used, years ago, was on a rectangular
>> metal container of maple syrup and it included
>> walnuts. I don't THINK it had any flour in it, but
>> if it did, it was little enough so that the pudding
>> was never a solid. I.e., not a baked pudding, I
>> think - it was as liquid as instant chocolate pudding.
>>
>> I don't know which keywords to Google on without wasting
>> time - can anyone help? Thanks.
>>
>> Lenona.

> There's a recipe here that might be what you're looking for, but it does
> have flour.
>
> http://allrecipes.com/recipe/maple-syrup-pudding/

Wow. I am impressed. What magical keywords did you use?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 7, 2014 7:52:28 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:

> Oh be nice, people!! If had a mnaple pudding recipe, I'd give it to
>
> her.

Thank you.

My problem was, when I searched on maple pudding, I
kept getting recipes that would clearly result in a
solid mass - baked puddings, in other words. And
just now, when I searched on maple pudding flourless,
I got steamed puddings and bread puddings. I tried
the keyword "liquid" and that was even worse. Even
"custard" gives me recipes for baked pudding.

Here's one - trouble is, it uses maple sugar, which
may be even pricier than maple syrup:

http://www.cookistry.com/2012/03/maple-pudding.html

Lenona.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 8, 2014 10:16:48 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:

> Yep. That's probably $5-6 worth of maple sugar. Try the same recipe with
>
> granulated or light light brown sugar. Reduce the amount of sugar a bit
>
> and add some maple syrup. Pudding cooks until it boils and thickens, so
>
> adding extra liquid is not going to ruin it. You can even add more syrup
>
> while cooking if the maple flavour is too mild.

Very helpful, thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 8, 2014 9:46:52 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> My problem was, when I searched on maple pudding, I
> kept getting recipes that would clearly result in a
> solid mass - baked puddings, in other words. And
> just now, when I searched on maple pudding flourless,
> I got steamed puddings and bread puddings. I tried
> the keyword "liquid" and that was even worse. Even
> "custard" gives me recipes for baked pudding.
>
> Here's one - trouble is, it uses maple sugar, which
> may be even pricier than maple syrup:
>
> http://www.cookistry.com/2012/03/maple-pudding.html

I'll bet that you can just substitute a 1/2 cup of maple
syrup (preferable Grade B or Grade A Medium or Dark Amber)
for the maple sugar in that recipe. Decrease the quart
of milk by 1/2 a cup to make up for it if you like.

(Dark) maple syrup and maple sugar are both incredibly
sweet and maple-y. Maple syrup, at least in the USA, has
to be at least 68% sugar, so there's not *that* much
difference.

On a different note, try substituting maple syrup for
molasses in your favorite Indian Pudding (corn-meal
based "pudding")recipe.

--
Silvar Beitel

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-08 11:11 AM, wrote:
> On Thursday, May 8, 2014 9:46:52 AM UTC-4, wrote:
>> My problem was, when I searched on maple pudding, I
>> kept getting recipes that would clearly result in a
>> solid mass - baked puddings, in other words. And
>> just now, when I searched on maple pudding flourless,
>> I got steamed puddings and bread puddings. I tried
>> the keyword "liquid" and that was even worse. Even
>> "custard" gives me recipes for baked pudding.
>>
>> Here's one - trouble is, it uses maple sugar, which
>> may be even pricier than maple syrup:

http://www.cookistry.com/2012/03/maple-pudding.html

> I'll bet that you can just substitute a 1/2 cup of maple
> syrup (preferable Grade B or Grade A Medium or Dark Amber)
> for the maple sugar in that recipe. Decrease the quart
> of milk by 1/2 a cup to make up for it if you like.
>
> (Dark) maple syrup and maple sugar are both incredibly
> sweet and maple-y. Maple syrup, at least in the USA, has
> to be at least 68% sugar, so there's not *that* much
> difference.
>
> On a different note, try substituting maple syrup for
> molasses in your favorite Indian Pudding (corn-meal
> based "pudding")recipe.

I am not sure that it would even take that much syrup. Maple syrup is
pretty potent stuff and it would probably be a more pleasant taste with
a strong hint of maple than to be overpowered with it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 08 May 2014 12:35:08 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> I am not sure that it would even take that much syrup. Maple syrup is
> pretty potent stuff and it would probably be a more pleasant taste with
> a strong hint of maple than to be overpowered with it.

Agree. I thought there was too much maple syrup in the recipe I
posted, but altering it is up to her. Personally, I'd start with only
one or two tablespoons of maple syrup and add more if I thought it was
needed.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila