Old 22-02-2014, 02:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sriracha maker said odor problem is fixed; invites Irwindale officialsto inspect

The San Gabriel Valley Tribune (http://www.sgvtribune.com)
Sriracha maker said odor problem is fixed; invites Irwindale officials
to inspect

By Lauren Gold, Pasadena Star-News

and Sarah Favot, Pasadena Star-News

Friday, February 21, 2014

IRWINDALE Sriracha maker Huy Fong Foods said Friday it remedied an
alleged odor problem coming from its chili sauce factory, about three
months after a Superior Court judge ordered changes to be made.

CEO David Tran sent a letter to Irwindale’s Community Development
Director Friday saying he “made improvements to our odor filtering
system, and now the odor has been controlled.” Tran requested that the
city come and inspect the changes for themselves.

The city took Huy Fong to Los Angeles County Superior Court in October
seeking a temporary restraining order against the company because
residents complained the odors emanating from the Azusa Canyon Road
factory cause their eyes to burn and coughing fits.

Superior Court Judge Robert H. O’Brien denied the city’s request, which
would have immediately shutdown operations at the factory in the midst
of its three-month chili grinding season. In November, O’Brien ordered
Huy Fong to shutdown operations that caused the smell and immediately
make changes to mitigate the smell.

Huy Fong’s Executive Operations Officer Donna Lam declined to elaborate
on the changes Huy Fong has made to the filters, saying she wanted to
discuss them with the city and then explain further at a planned public
hearing at Irwindale City Hall on Wednesday. She said she hoped to work
with the city to put an end to the issue.

City Attorney Fred Galante, who had not yet seen Tran’s letter, said Huy
Fong did not collaborate with the city on the changes it made to its
filtration system.

“Our expert could probably not even give us an opinion as to whether
that system would be effective during the grinding season,” Galante said.

He said the city will go to Huy Fong and see if they will share the
specifications of its system, so their consultant can make a determination.

Galante said the City Council will decide whether or not to hold the
scheduled public hearing to determine if Huy Fong has created a public
nuisance or wait to see if the changes Huy Fong has made to the
filtration system will be effective.

“It’s sort of very late in the process without giving us that prior
opportunity,” Galante said.

Galante said the city has still continued to receive some odor
complaints, but calls have subsided since the chili grinding season
ended in late October.

“We just don’t know, how far does the city want to take this? Is it no
odor at all?” Lam said. “It’s not fair. One of our workers went out and
said she smelled dog food, people tell us they smell hops from the
Miller factory. I’m not sure if it’s just pinpointing us. We are trying
to do the best we can and we want the city to come and we want to see
what their opinion is.”

Lam added, “It’s not like David is not doing anything. If it’s still not
good enough, tell us what to do or give us an opinion at least. You
can’t go to the hearing and have this preconceived notion based on the
complaints.”

© 2014 The San Gabriel Valley Tribune (http://www.sgvtribune.com)

Old 22-02-2014, 06:27 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 Feb 2014 19:53:25 -0800, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:

I just drove through Irwindale about an hour ao. The smell of sewage was
awful. Beats me what they are complaining about.

"Travis McGee" wrote in message

The San Gabriel Valley Tribune (http://www.sgvtribune.com)
Sriracha maker said odor problem is fixed; invites Irwindale officials to
inspect

Just as I thought. The odor problem is a non-problem.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Old 22-02-2014, 07:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Feb 2014 19:53:25 -0800, Paul M. Cook wrote:

I just drove through Irwindale about an hour ao. The smell of sewage was
awful.

Try using some Listerine.

He's here all week folks. Is there an emoticon for a rim job?

Old 22-02-2014, 02:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-02-22, Paul M. Cook wrote:

He's here all week folks. Is there an emoticon for a rim job?

I hope you mean a "rim shot".

nb

Old 22-02-2014, 03:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-02-22, Paul M. Cook wrote:

He's here all week folks. Is there an emoticon for a rim job?

I hope you mean a "rim shot".

He probably meant what he said... because it's Sheldon.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Old 22-02-2014, 05:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2014-02-22, Paul M. Cook wrote:

He's here all week folks. Is there an emoticon for a rim job?

I hope you mean a "rim shot".

He probably meant what he said... because it's Sheldon.

Oh my god--Sheldon's moved to Irwindale! It might even start smelling
strange down here in OC.

Old 22-02-2014, 07:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-02-22, Paul M. Cook wrote:

He's here all week folks. Is there an emoticon for a rim job?

I hope you mean a "rim shot".

Actually I have heard the term used both for a gross sex act and as a drum
effect. I was sure squishie knew the difference.

---

Old 22-02-2014, 07:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-02-22, Paul M. Cook wrote:

He's here all week folks. Is there an emoticon for a rim job?

I hope you mean a "rim shot".

He probably meant what he said... because it's Sheldon.

Oh my god--Sheldon's moved to Irwindale! It might even start smelling
strange down here in OC.

I don't live in Irwindale, thank Christ.

That town is a disgrace. Sometimes in the heat of the summer the smell is
so bad you have to close the vents in your car 5 miles before you pass
through it.

---

Old 22-02-2014, 07:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2014-02-22, Paul M. Cook wrote:

He's here all week folks. Is there an emoticon for a rim job?

I hope you mean a "rim shot".

Actually I have heard the term used both for a gross sex act and as a
drum effect. I was sure squishie knew the difference.

Anyone who confuses a rim shot with a rim job is pretty confused. They
might well consider cornhole and corncob the same thing.

In any case they're likely to wind up in significantly embarrassing
circumstances.

Old 23-02-2014, 09:28 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-02-22, Paul M. Cook wrote:

He's here all week folks. Is there an emoticon for a rim job?

I hope you mean a "rim shot".

Actually I have heard the term used both for a gross sex act and as a
drum effect. I was sure squishie knew the difference.

Anyone who confuses a rim shot with a rim job is pretty confused. They
might well consider cornhole and corncob the same thing.

snork

Damn, Paul. You sure got a reaming on this one.

One is not a reaming unless you count your corncobs.

-sw

Old 23-02-2014, 02:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-02-22 19:23:28 +0000, Paul M. Cook said:

On 2014-02-22, Paul M. Cook wrote:

He's here all week folks. Is there an emoticon for a rim job?

I hope you mean a "rim shot".

Actually I have heard the term used both for a gross sex act and as a

drum effect. I was sure squishie knew the difference.

Anyone who confuses a rim shot with a rim job is pretty confused. They

might well consider cornhole and corncob the same thing.

snork

Damn, Paul. You sure got a reaming on this one.

That merits a rim shot.

-sw

--B
Old 23-02-2014, 02:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 22, 2014 1:23:28 PM UTC-6, Paul M. Cook wrote:

On 2014-02-22, Paul M. Cook wrote:

He's here all week folks. Is there an emoticon for a rim job?

I hope you mean a "rim shot".

Actually I have heard the term used both for a gross sex act and as a drum

effect.

Hey, Paul. "Take a walk on the wild side."

--B
Old 23-02-2014, 09:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Old 23-02-2014, 10:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-02-22, Travis McGee wrote:

IRWINDALE Sriracha maker Huy Fong Foods said Friday it remedied an
alleged odor problem......

The popularity of Fong sriracha is bringing more choices to the sprmkt
shelves. I'm now seeing both Kikkoman and Lee Kum Kee sriracha on the
local mkt shelves and we don't have any real Asian population to speak of,
so it's gotta be round eyes driving it. They may be jes trial runs,
like Tabasco's habanero, which came and went all too soon, but at
least they are available, now. Gonna buy me some.

nb