Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Do you wear an apron?

When I was a kid, my mom always made me wear an apron for cooking. When I
was a kid and using the hand mixer (my mom never had a stand mixer), as most
kids do, I would lift it up while going and send the batter flying. Things
that used flour and were rolled out also seemed to be particularly messy,
even for my mom.

I was required to make an apron in 7th grade Home Ec class. Not sure what
became of it but I never wore it. Then my mom bought me a strange sort of
apron with sleeves. She had one herself. Although the fabric was pretty,
it seemed like overkill to me. It had a high neck, 3/4 length sleeves and
two ties in the back. Fell to the knees. She would usually make me wear it
when company came over but... On a warm day with the oven on, it wasn't a
pleasant thing to wear.

I didn't even own an apron until I was gifted with one for Christmas. It
has a lot of words on it which I haven't read yet because it is designed for
the wearer to look down and read it. I think it has various conversions on
it like 3 teaspoons in a Tablespoon and stuff like that.

I have the apron hanging on a hook in the kitchen but chances are, I'll
never wear it. I am just not messy any more with cooking or baking and I
can't remember the least time I got something on me while cooking.

Now take me to a Mexican food place? Well... If I know in advance that I
am going there, I will wear a brown top or at least one with a brown pattern
to it. Why? Someone gave me the nickname of "Beanie Boob!" Yes, I can not
seem to keep the bean dip on the chips and I have dribbled black bean soup
on occasion. But cooking? My clothes stay clean.

How about you? Do you wear an apron? Do you think there is less need for
one these days? In the old days women always wore them but... Things were
different back then and I think they were getting into a lot of grubby
things that we don't get into today. Like having to put coal in a furnace.
And they generally only washed clothes ones a week and often had fewer
clothes than we do today so I could see the need for making sure that their
clothes stayed as clean as they could keep them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 06:44:03 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

No, never got into the habit, but there have been times when I think I
should have. My Mom always did though; she even made them herself - she
was good at sewing too.

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/14/2014 9:49 AM, ChattyCathy wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 06:44:03 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>
> No, never got into the habit, but there have been times when I think I
> should have. My Mom always did though; she even made them herself - she
> was good at sewing too.

I always wear a bib-type apron when cooking. The few times I've
neglected to do so I usually wound up with a splotch or splatter on my
shirt. Naturally the shirt was freshly laundered...

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...

"How about you? Do you wear an apron? Do you think there is less need for
one these days? In the old days women always wore them but... Things were
different back then and I think they were getting into a lot of grubby
things that we don't get into today. Like having to put coal in a furnace.
And they generally only washed clothes ones a week and often had fewer
clothes than we do today so I could see the need for making sure that their
clothes stayed as clean as they could keep them. "

I do because I don't like the smell of food on my clothes. I put my hair up
too for the same reason.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/14/2014 9:44 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> When I was a kid, my mom always made me wear an apron for cooking. When
> I was a kid and using the hand mixer (my mom never had a stand mixer),
> as most kids do, I would lift it up while going and send the batter
> flying. Things that used flour and were rolled out also seemed to be
> particularly messy, even for my mom.
>
> I was required to make an apron in 7th grade Home Ec class. Not sure
> what became of it but I never wore it. Then my mom bought me a strange
> sort of apron with sleeves. She had one herself. Although the fabric was
> pretty, it seemed like overkill to me. It had a high neck, 3/4 length
> sleeves and two ties in the back. Fell to the knees. She would usually
> make me wear it when company came over but... On a warm day with the
> oven on, it wasn't a pleasant thing to wear.
>
> I didn't even own an apron until I was gifted with one for Christmas. It
> has a lot of words on it which I haven't read yet because it is designed
> for the wearer to look down and read it. I think it has various
> conversions on it like 3 teaspoons in a Tablespoon and stuff like that.
>
> I have the apron hanging on a hook in the kitchen but chances are, I'll
> never wear it. I am just not messy any more with cooking or baking and I
> can't remember the least time I got something on me while cooking.
>
> Now take me to a Mexican food place? Well... If I know in advance that I
> am going there, I will wear a brown top or at least one with a brown
> pattern to it. Why? Someone gave me the nickname of "Beanie Boob!" Yes,
> I can not seem to keep the bean dip on the chips and I have dribbled
> black bean soup on occasion. But cooking? My clothes stay clean.
>
> How about you? Do you wear an apron? Do you think there is less need for
> one these days? In the old days women always wore them but... Things
> were different back then and I think they were getting into a lot of
> grubby things that we don't get into today. Like having to put coal in a
> furnace. And they generally only washed clothes ones a week and often
> had fewer clothes than we do today so I could see the need for making
> sure that their clothes stayed as clean as they could keep them.

Not regularly. It depends on what I am making. Baking usually. If I am
just making dinner, unless it is something that I think will splatter on
me - I don't.

Tracy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-01-14 9:49 AM, ChattyCathy wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 06:44:03 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>
> No, never got into the habit, but there have been times when I think I
> should have. My Mom always did though; she even made them herself - she
> was good at sewing too.

I was helping my SiL with the gravy at Christmas dinner. She offered me
an apron. I declined. I slopped grease on my best light blue dress
shirt, so I put on her very feminine looking apron. Then my niece
snapped a picture of me in it. ;-(
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Julie Bove > wrote:

>How about you? Do you wear an apron?

No, I have a selection of well-worn t-shirts that I wear when
cooking, gardening, plumbing, etc.

>Do you think there is less need for one these days?

That is strictly a matter of personal preference.

>In the old days women always wore them but... Things were
>different back then and I think they were getting into a lot of grubby
>things that we don't get into today. Like having to put coal in a furnace.
>And they generally only washed clothes ones a week and often had fewer
>clothes than we do today so I could see the need for making sure that their
>clothes stayed as clean as they could keep them.

It's also much easier to wash clothes now, and clothing is much cheaper
to replace.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> How about you? Do you wear an apron? Do you think there is less need for
> one these days? In the old days women always wore them but... Things
> were different back then and I think they were getting into a lot of
> grubby things that we don't get into today. Like having to put coal in a
> furnace. And they generally only washed clothes ones a week and often had
> fewer clothes than we do today so I could see the need for making sure
> that their clothes stayed as clean as they could keep them.

Yes, I always wear an apron. I usually wear black clothes and my apron is
black.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2014-01-14 9:49 AM, ChattyCathy wrote:
>> On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 06:44:03 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> No, never got into the habit, but there have been times when I think I
>> should have. My Mom always did though; she even made them herself - she
>> was good at sewing too.
>>

> I was helping my SiL with the gravy at Christmas dinner. She offered me an
> apron. I declined. I slopped grease on my best light blue dress shirt, so
> I put on her very feminine looking apron. Then my niece snapped a picture
> of me in it. ;-(

Lolol might I suggest you get a nice black one and carry it in the car so
you are prepared?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> I was helping my SiL with the gravy at Christmas dinner. She offered me
> an apron. I declined. I slopped grease on my best light blue dress
> shirt, so I put on her very feminine looking apron. Then my niece
> snapped a picture of me in it. ;-(

This is where you add the pic to your post, Dave. So we can laugh and
tease you about it.

G.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 09:55:18 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

> I always wear a bib-type apron when cooking. The few times I've
> neglected to do so I usually wound up with a splotch or splatter on my
> shirt. Naturally the shirt was freshly laundered...

Of course - I blame Murphy ;-) - And I'm also willing to bet it was a new
shirt too?

IMHO, the worst (cooking-related) stain to get out of clothing is
turmeric... I somehow managed to get some of it on a white shirt once
while making a marinade - and the stain never came out of said shirt - no
matter how many times I washed it (and used a strong stain remover).

Red wine is another example; if one spills some on a white/any light
colored table cloth - or a carpet - no 'miracle' cleaning product I've
come across so far has ever gotten rid the stain completely.

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 10:10:07 -0500, Dave Smith wrote:

> I was helping my SiL with the gravy at Christmas dinner. She offered me an
> apron. I declined. I slopped grease on my best light blue dress shirt, so
> I put on her very feminine looking apron. Then my niece snapped a picture
> of me in it. ;-(

I suppose the chances of you posting (a link to) said picture are slim to
none? ;-)

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...

How about you? Do you wear an apron? Do you think there is less need for
one these days? In the old days women always wore them but... Things were
different back then and I think they were getting into a lot of grubby
things that we don't get into today. Like having to put coal in a furnace.
And they generally only washed clothes ones a week and often had fewer
clothes than we do today so I could see the need for making sure that their
clothes stayed as clean as they could keep them.

~~~~~~~~
No, I don't wear an apron. I made one when I was a youngster as one of my
earliest 4-H projects, but I seldom even wore that one.

MaryL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/14/2014 11:03 AM, ChattyCathy wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 09:55:18 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>

>> I always wear a bib-type apron when cooking. The few times I've
>> neglected to do so I usually wound up with a splotch or splatter on my
>> shirt. Naturally the shirt was freshly laundered...

> Of course - I blame Murphy ;-) - And I'm also willing to bet it was a new
> shirt too?

LOL yes, it's Murphy's fault. No, it wasn't a new shirt but it was
clean and previously free of splotches. Now I put on the apron any time
I'm cooking. Even before I start prep-work.

> IMHO, the worst (cooking-related) stain to get out of clothing is
> turmeric... I somehow managed to get some of it on a white shirt once
> while making a marinade - and the stain never came out of said shirt - no
> matter how many times I washed it (and used a strong stain remover).
>
> Red wine is another example; if one spills some on a white/any light
> colored table cloth - or a carpet - no 'miracle' cleaning product I've
> come across so far has ever gotten rid the stain completely.

There are some stains that are very difficult. I don't know about
termeric, never use it (but I am familiar with it and know it can
stain). Some things you just can't get rid of. For clothing stains,
sometimes an immediate application of a baking soda paste or club soda
will help. But the garment would also have to be washed shortly
thereafter. In strong detergent. Me, I prefer to only have to do
laundry once a week. Hence, the apron.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
ChattyCathy > wrote:
>On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 09:55:18 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>

>> I always wear a bib-type apron when cooking. The few times I've
>> neglected to do so I usually wound up with a splotch or splatter on my
>> shirt. Naturally the shirt was freshly laundered...

>Of course - I blame Murphy ;-) - And I'm also willing to bet it was a new
>shirt too?
>
>IMHO, the worst (cooking-related) stain to get out of clothing is
>turmeric... I somehow managed to get some of it on a white shirt once
>while making a marinade - and the stain never came out of said shirt - no
>matter how many times I washed it (and used a strong stain remover).

If it happens again, try leaving it in the sunshine. It's said
to be effective against turmeric.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/14/2014 9:44 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> How about you? Do you wear an apron? Do you think there is less need
> for one these days? In the old days women always wore them but...
> Things were different back then and I think they were getting into a lot
> of grubby things that we don't get into today. Like having to put coal
> in a furnace. And they generally only washed clothes ones a week and
> often had fewer clothes than we do today so I could see the need for
> making sure that their clothes stayed as clean as they could keep them.

None here either. I think yhou are right about the laundry. Years ago
you had to wear a shirt for a few days, not a few hours. Much less
concern if it gets splattered, just toss it into the machine and even
use a spray treatment.

I do some woodworking though. Most of the time I wear an apron in the
shop. It offers some protection, but also holds a ruler, pencil, drill
bit, and the remote for the duct collector.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 16:49:08 +0200, ChattyCathy
> wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 06:44:03 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>
> No, never got into the habit, but there have been times when I think I
> should have. My Mom always did though; she even made them herself - she
> was good at sewing too.

I have to because I'm always splattering myself with something. I am
so bad that I can ruin clothing underneath an apron. The apron
appears clean, but I have grease splatters on my shirt anyway.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 16:49:08 +0200, ChattyCathy
> > wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 06:44:03 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> No, never got into the habit, but there have been times when I think I
>> should have. My Mom always did though; she even made them herself - she
>> was good at sewing too.

> I have to because I'm always splattering myself with something. I am
> so bad that I can ruin clothing underneath an apron. The apron
> appears clean, but I have grease splatters on my shirt anyway.

Ehh tha's a mucky lassie <g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> How about you? Do you wear an apron? Do you think there is less need for
> one these days? In the old days women always wore them but... Things
> were different back then and I think they were getting into a lot of
> grubby things that we don't get into today. Like having to put coal in a
> furnace. And they generally only washed clothes ones a week and often had
> fewer clothes than we do today so I could see the need for making sure
> that their clothes stayed as clean as they could keep them.

No, but if I'm doing frying like when the kids come for prawns once or so a
year, I do wear an old T-Shirt while frying.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> When I was a kid, my mom always made me wear an apron for cooking. When I
> was a kid and using the hand mixer (my mom never had a stand mixer), as
> most kids do, I would lift it up while going and send the batter flying.
> Things that used flour and were rolled out also seemed to be particularly
> messy, even for my mom.
>
> I was required to make an apron in 7th grade Home Ec class. Not sure what
> became of it but I never wore it. Then my mom bought me a strange sort of
> apron with sleeves. She had one herself. Although the fabric was pretty,
> it seemed like overkill to me. It had a high neck, 3/4 length sleeves and
> two ties in the back. Fell to the knees. She would usually make me wear
> it when company came over but... On a warm day with the oven on, it
> wasn't a pleasant thing to wear.
>
> I didn't even own an apron until I was gifted with one for Christmas. It
> has a lot of words on it which I haven't read yet because it is designed
> for the wearer to look down and read it. I think it has various
> conversions on it like 3 teaspoons in a Tablespoon and stuff like that.
>
> I have the apron hanging on a hook in the kitchen but chances are, I'll
> never wear it. I am just not messy any more with cooking or baking and I
> can't remember the least time I got something on me while cooking.
>
> Now take me to a Mexican food place? Well... If I know in advance that I
> am going there, I will wear a brown top or at least one with a brown
> pattern to it. Why? Someone gave me the nickname of "Beanie Boob!" Yes,
> I can not seem to keep the bean dip on the chips and I have dribbled black
> bean soup on occasion. But cooking? My clothes stay clean.
>
> How about you? Do you wear an apron? Do you think there is less need for
> one these days? In the old days women always wore them but... Things
> were different back then and I think they were getting into a lot of
> grubby things that we don't get into today. Like having to put coal in a
> furnace. And they generally only washed clothes ones a week and often had
> fewer clothes than we do today so I could see the need for making sure
> that their clothes stayed as clean as they could keep them.

Cook naked. No stains. A few burns perhaps but be extra careful when deep
frying and you'll be fine.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message

> Cook naked. No stains. A few burns perhaps but be extra careful when
> deep frying and you'll be fine.

I'll just bet you did get burned(((

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/14/2014 3:13 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:

> Cook naked. No stains. A few burns perhaps but be extra careful when deep
> frying and you'll be fine.

Naked, but with an apron, would work - burns can really hurt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I don't wear on e all the time, but when I'm wearing nice clothes,
instead of the usual tee shirt and jeans, I will wear an apron. I have
two cobbler-style aprons that I got on the street in Mexico for $5 each.
They are made of some ki8nd of artificial fabric which washes clean of
everything as the fibers don't absorb anything.

The other apron is a Vera Bradley bib apron. My daughter gave it to me
as a birthday present a few years ago. It came in a metal box with the
same pattern as the apron. The apron makes a nice impression on dinner
guests who know the Vera Bradley line.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 1/14/2014 9:49 AM, ChattyCathy wrote:
>> On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 06:44:03 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> No, never got into the habit, but there have been times when I think I
>> should have. My Mom always did though; she even made them herself - she
>> was good at sewing too.
>>

>I always wear a bib-type apron when cooking. The few times I've
>neglected to do so I usually wound up with a splotch or splatter on my
>shirt. Naturally the shirt was freshly laundered...
>
>Jill

I cook in my usual at home outfit, an old tee shirt, cut off sweat
pants, and flip flops.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
news
> On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 06:44:03 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>
> No, never got into the habit, but there have been times when I think I
> should have. My Mom always did though; she even made them herself - she
> was good at sewing too.

Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>
>> How about you? Do you wear an apron? Do you think there is less need
>> for one these days? In the old days women always wore them but...
>> Things were different back then and I think they were getting into a lot
>> of grubby things that we don't get into today. Like having to put coal
>> in a furnace. And they generally only washed clothes ones a week and
>> often had fewer clothes than we do today so I could see the need for
>> making sure that their clothes stayed as clean as they could keep them.

> Yes, I always wear an apron. I usually wear black clothes and my apron
> is black.

Okay. Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"MaryL" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>

> How about you? Do you wear an apron? Do you think there is less need for
> one these days? In the old days women always wore them but... Things
> were
> different back then and I think they were getting into a lot of grubby
> things that we don't get into today. Like having to put coal in a
> furnace.
> And they generally only washed clothes ones a week and often had fewer
> clothes than we do today so I could see the need for making sure that
> their
> clothes stayed as clean as they could keep them.
>
> ~~~~~~~~
> No, I don't wear an apron. I made one when I was a youngster as one of my
> earliest 4-H projects, but I seldom even wore that one.

Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>
>> How about you? Do you wear an apron? Do you think there is less need
>> for one these days? In the old days women always wore them but...
>> Things were different back then and I think they were getting into a lot
>> of grubby things that we don't get into today. Like having to put coal
>> in a furnace. And they generally only washed clothes ones a week and
>> often had fewer clothes than we do today so I could see the need for
>> making sure that their clothes stayed as clean as they could keep them.

> No, but if I'm doing frying like when the kids come for prawns once or so
> a year, I do wear an old T-Shirt while frying.

That makes sense!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
eb.com...
>I don't wear on e all the time, but when I'm wearing nice clothes, instead
>of the usual tee shirt and jeans, I will wear an apron. I have two
>cobbler-style aprons that I got on the street in Mexico for $5 each. They
>are made of some ki8nd of artificial fabric which washes clean of
>everything as the fibers don't absorb anything.
>
> The other apron is a Vera Bradley bib apron. My daughter gave it to me as
> a birthday present a few years ago. It came in a metal box with the same
> pattern as the apron. The apron makes a nice impression on dinner guests
> who know the Vera Bradley line.

I just saw those at Hallmark.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 8:49:08 AM UTC-6, Chatty Cathy wrote:

> No, never got into the habit, but there have been times when I think I
> should have. My Mom always did though; she even made them herself - she
> was good at sewing too.
>

> Chatty Cathy

My mother was an excellent seamstress and always wore an apron and made her own, too. Just within the last 10-12 years I've gotten into the habit of wearing one myself but mine are store bought. They do save time not having to pre-treat clothes before washing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:10:07 AM UTC-6, Dave Smith wrote:

> I was helping my SiL with the gravy at Christmas dinner. She offered me
> an apron. I declined. I slopped grease on my best light blue dress
> shirt, so I put on her very feminine looking apron. Then my niece
> snapped a picture of me in it. ;-(

Picture please!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default !

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 17:12:05 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 16:49:08 +0200, ChattyCathy
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 06:44:03 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
> >>
> >> No, never got into the habit, but there have been times when I think I
> >> should have. My Mom always did though; she even made them herself - she
> >> was good at sewing too.

> > I have to because I'm always splattering myself with something. I am
> > so bad that I can ruin clothing underneath an apron. The apron
> > appears clean, but I have grease splatters on my shirt anyway.

> Ehh tha's a mucky lassie <g>

I'm not even a messy cook, my clothing seems to absorb everything that
gets away.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 15:20:24 -0600, Janet Wilder >
wrote:

> The apron makes a nice impression on dinner
> guests who know the Vera Bradley line.

Never heard of it, but Googled. If I could find an apron with
coverage like this one, I'd be set - I'd only need to worry about my
sleeves but they generally remain unaffected.
http://c139491.r91.cf0.rackcdn.com/p...jpg?1308446998

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 23:55:03 -0800, sf wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 15:20:24 -0600, Janet Wilder >
> wrote:
>
>> The apron makes a nice impression on dinner guests who know the Vera
>> Bradley line.

> Never heard of it, but Googled. If I could find an apron with coverage
> like this one, I'd be set - I'd only need to worry about my sleeves but
> they generally remain unaffected.
> http://c139491.r91.cf0.rackcdn.com/p...jpg?1308446998

Only thing I've got against that apron is the Paisley pattern of the
fabric... but hopefully they're available in plain white/blue/whatever too
;-)

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
news
> On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 23:55:03 -0800, sf wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 15:20:24 -0600, Janet Wilder >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The apron makes a nice impression on dinner guests who know the Vera
>>> Bradley line.

>> Never heard of it, but Googled. If I could find an apron with coverage
>> like this one, I'd be set - I'd only need to worry about my sleeves but
>> they generally remain unaffected.
>> http://c139491.r91.cf0.rackcdn.com/p...jpg?1308446998

> Only thing I've got against that apron is the Paisley pattern of the
> fabric... but hopefully they're available in plain white/blue/whatever too
> ;-)

Vera Bradley is known for really bright, wild prints.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 17:12:05 -0000, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> > On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 16:49:08 +0200, ChattyCathy

>> > I have to because I'm always splattering myself with something. I am
>> > so bad that I can ruin clothing underneath an apron. The apron
>> > appears clean, but I have grease splatters on my shirt anyway.

>> Ehh tha's a mucky lassie <g>

> I'm not even a messy cook, my clothing seems to absorb everything that
> gets away.

Do you cook a lot of very highly spiced foods?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
news
> On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 23:55:03 -0800, sf wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 15:20:24 -0600, Janet Wilder >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The apron makes a nice impression on dinner guests who know the Vera
>>> Bradley line.

>> Never heard of it, but Googled. If I could find an apron with coverage
>> like this one, I'd be set - I'd only need to worry about my sleeves but
>> they generally remain unaffected.
>> http://c139491.r91.cf0.rackcdn.com/p...jpg?1308446998

> Only thing I've got against that apron is the Paisley pattern of the
> fabric... but hopefully they're available in plain white/blue/whatever too
> ;-)

I haven't seen black ones so I buy plain and dye them myself Actually I
do that a lot with my clothes.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 10:59:59 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 17:12:05 -0000, "Ophelia"
> > > wrote:

> >> Ehh tha's a mucky lassie <g>

> > I'm not even a messy cook, my clothing seems to absorb everything that
> > gets away.

> Do you cook a lot of very highly spiced foods?

I would never consider what I cook highly spiced, but you probably
would. I use lots of herbs and black pepper.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.

dirty apron! lainie General Cooking 17 22-11-2010 06:55 PM
Apron Questions Woolstitcher General Cooking 115 01-06-2008 03:12 AM
So what do we really want to wear to work? At first thought, most ofus would say, "It would be really cool if we could wear jeans to work all thetime. After all, I paid just as much for my jeans as I paid for that outfit Iwore to work yesterday. [email protected] Sushi 0 26-04-2008 06:23 PM
Where to buy an apron [email protected] General Cooking 17 16-03-2007 11:27 AM
Do you wear an apron in the kitchen? Andy General Cooking 85 24-09-2006 06:37 PM