Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A great cake for the holiday

On 11/27/2013 9:22 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> BAM!
>
> http://tinyurl.com/np6a497

Turned out pretty. I didn't make it, so I can say it.

http://tinypic.com/r/25p31v7/5

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young > Wrote in message:
> On 11/27/2013 9:22 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
>> BAM!
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/np6a497

> Turned out pretty. I didn't make it, so I can say it.

looks like a decadent cake! !

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://www.piaohong.tk/newsgroup
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/30/2013 2:02 AM, Cheryl wrote:
> Nancy Young > Wrote in message:
>> On 11/27/2013 9:22 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
>>> BAM!
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/np6a497

>> Turned out pretty. I didn't make it, so I can say it.

> looks like a decadent cake! !

It was good. The cake is on the lighter side, I thought
it would be more dense. I love the crunch of the walnuts
and I'll have cream cheese frosting anytime.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 07:28:11 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> On 11/30/2013 2:02 AM, Cheryl wrote:
> > Nancy Young > Wrote in message:

> >> Turned out pretty. I didn't make it, so I can say it.

> > looks like a decadent cake! !

> It was good. The cake is on the lighter side, I thought
> it would be more dense. I love the crunch of the walnuts
> and I'll have cream cheese frosting anytime.

I saw that recipe the other day and liked the looks of it. Cake just
doesn't seem right on Thanksgiving to this Yankee though. I guess
it's another Southern tradition that migrated North.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/30/2013 8:43 AM, sf wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 07:28:11 -0500, Nancy Young

>> On 11/30/2013 2:02 AM, Cheryl wrote:
>>> Nancy Young > Wrote

>>> looks like a decadent cake! !

>> It was good. The cake is on the lighter side, I thought
>> it would be more dense. I love the crunch of the walnuts
>> and I'll have cream cheese frosting anytime.
>>

> I saw that recipe the other day and liked the looks of it. Cake just
> doesn't seem right on Thanksgiving to this Yankee though. I guess
> it's another Southern tradition that migrated North.

I wouldn't call it a tradition, we don't usually have cake
at Thanksgiving. It was just a whim, how about I bake a nice
cake. No Southerners involved.

I would consider lowering the amount of sugar in the frosting,
but I still really like this cake.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/30/2013 8:43 AM, sf wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 07:28:11 -0500, Nancy Young
> > wrote:

>>> looks like a decadent cake! !

>> It was good. The cake is on the lighter side, I thought
>> it would be more dense. I love the crunch of the walnuts
>> and I'll have cream cheese frosting anytime.
>>

> I saw that recipe the other day and liked the looks of it. Cake just
> doesn't seem right on Thanksgiving to this Yankee though. I guess
> it's another Southern tradition that migrated North.

Isn't Emeril Legasse from Massachusetts or some such place?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/27/2013 2:48 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 11/27/2013 9:22 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
>> BAM!
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/np6a497

> Turned out pretty. I didn't make it, so I can say it.
>
> http://tinypic.com/r/25p31v7/5
>
> nancy

Looks positively decadent! Tell your husband I said good job!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-11-30, jmcquown > wrote:

> Isn't Emeril Legasse from Massachusetts or some such place?

Isn't yer computer jes as capable as mine of typing in Emeril's name
into a search engine and reading about eleventy jillion bios giving
his birth place? You coming down with a case of Ophilia-itis?

I mean, c'mon ppl! Yer sitting at the most advanced data search
device ever devised by mankind and you continually ask questions you
can easily find the answer to in about 8 secs. I can appreciate
wanting to talk/communicate fer social reasons, but give it a rest.
"What are grits?"??? Are you kidding me!? You can't find google and
type in "grits"? You want I should breath for you, too??

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2013-11-30, jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> Isn't Emeril Legasse from Massachusetts or some such place?

> Isn't yer computer jes as capable as mine of typing in Emeril's name
> into a search engine and reading about eleventy jillion bios giving
> his birth place? You coming down with a case of Ophilia-itis?

Oi! What did I do??? it now seems that I am the name of everything bad
around here!!! When did I even mention Emeril???

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 11/27/2013 2:48 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> > On 11/27/2013 9:22 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> >> BAM!
> >>
> >> http://tinyurl.com/np6a497

> > Turned out pretty. I didn't make it, so I can say it.
> >
> > http://tinypic.com/r/25p31v7/5
> >
> > nancy
> >

> Looks positively decadent! Tell your husband I said good job!

It looks extremly good! :-D

G.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/30/2013 10:35 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2013-11-30, jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> Isn't Emeril Legasse from Massachusetts or some such place?

> Isn't yer computer jes as capable as mine of typing in Emeril's name
> into a search engine and reading about eleventy jillion bios giving
> his birth place? You coming down with a case of Ophilia-itis?
>
> I mean, c'mon ppl! Yer sitting at the most advanced data search
> device ever devised by mankind and you continually ask questions you
> can easily find the answer to in about 8 secs. I can appreciate
> wanting to talk/communicate fer social reasons, but give it a rest.
> "What are grits?"??? Are you kidding me!? You can't find google and
> type in "grits"? You want I should breath for you, too??

Sometimes a question is a way to make a point, not actually
asking or looking for an answer.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/30/2013 10:35 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2013-11-30, jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> Isn't Emeril Legasse from Massachusetts or some such place?

> Isn't yer computer jes as capable as mine of typing in Emeril's name
> into a search engine and reading about eleventy jillion bios giving
> his birth place? You coming down with a case of Ophilia-itis?
>
> I mean, c'mon ppl! Yer sitting at the most advanced data search
> device ever devised by mankind and you continually ask questions you
> can easily find the answer to in about 8 secs. I can appreciate
> wanting to talk/communicate fer social reasons, but give it a rest.
> "What are grits?"??? Are you kidding me!? You can't find google and
> type in "grits"? You want I should breath for you, too??
>
> nb

Oh hesh, nb! It was a rhetorical question. I was pointing out it's
just another silly attribution to something "Southern" that really
isn't. Emeril might like southern (more specifically Louisana) food but
he's not from the South.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/30/2013 10:59 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 11/30/2013 10:35 AM, notbob wrote:
>> On 2013-11-30, jmcquown > wrote:
>>
>>> Isn't Emeril Legasse from Massachusetts or some such place?

>> Isn't yer computer jes as capable as mine of typing in Emeril's name
>> into a search engine and reading about eleventy jillion bios giving
>> his birth place? You coming down with a case of Ophilia-itis?
>>
>> I mean, c'mon ppl! Yer sitting at the most advanced data search
>> device ever devised by mankind and you continually ask questions you
>> can easily find the answer to in about 8 secs. I can appreciate
>> wanting to talk/communicate fer social reasons, but give it a rest.
>> "What are grits?"??? Are you kidding me!? You can't find google and
>> type in "grits"? You want I should breath for you, too??
>>

> Sometimes a question is a way to make a point, not actually
> asking or looking for an answer.
>
> nancy

Exactly. Emeril isn't from the South. I already knew that.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/30/2013 10:55 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "notbob" > wrote in message
>> On 2013-11-30, jmcquown > wrote:
>>
>>> Isn't Emeril Legasse from Massachusetts or some such place?

>> Isn't yer computer jes as capable as mine of typing in Emeril's name
>> into a search engine and reading about eleventy jillion bios giving
>> his birth place? You coming down with a case of Ophilia-itis?

> Oi! What did I do??? it now seems that I am the name of everything bad
> around here!!! When did I even mention Emeril???

You didn't! sf implied serving cake must be a Southern thing, to which
I replied isn't Emeril from Massachusetts? Purely a rhetorical question
to make a point.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/30/2013 10:34 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 11/27/2013 2:48 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
>> On 11/27/2013 9:22 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
>>> BAM!
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/np6a497

>> Turned out pretty. I didn't make it, so I can say it.
>>
>> http://tinypic.com/r/25p31v7/5

> Looks positively decadent! Tell your husband I said good job!

Heh. And being a Virgo, you know those cake layers were
evenly cut.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 11/30/2013 10:55 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Isn't yer computer jes as capable as mine of typing in Emeril's name
>>> into a search engine and reading about eleventy jillion bios giving
>>> his birth place? You coming down with a case of Ophilia-itis?

>> Oi! What did I do??? it now seems that I am the name of everything bad
>> around here!!! When did I even mention Emeril???
>>

> You didn't! sf implied serving cake must be a Southern thing, to which I
> replied isn't Emeril from Massachusetts? Purely a rhetorical question to
> make a point.

Ok thanks. Dunno what I did to **** nb off but I reckon he will be better
off in my kf!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-11-30, Ophelia > wrote:

> Oi! What did I do??? it now seems that I am the name of everything bad
> around here!!! When did I even mention Emeril???

We love ya', O, but you have a minutely annoying habit of always
asking what everything means. I'm half the problem fer always
replying to yer simple queries, like I'm the all-knowing smart guy
coming to the fair maiden's rescue. I mean, you do have a computer,
don't you? If you can ask, here, you should be able to ask google. I
can see maybe something totally obscure like an ol' geezer like myself
using an ancient colloquialism like "bitchin".

I don't know why I'm 'splaining all this. I would think most of it is
self-evident. I have no trouble finding "weedy clot" (OK, that one
did take some effort). But then, sometimes I'm jes a dick, so
disregard all I've said.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/30/2013 11:14 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> Oi! What did I do??? it now seems that I am the name of everything bad
>>> around here!!! When did I even mention Emeril???
>>>

>> You didn't! sf implied serving cake must be a Southern thing, to which I
>> replied isn't Emeril from Massachusetts? Purely a rhetorical question to
>> make a point.

> Ok thanks. Dunno what I did to **** nb off but I reckon he will be better
> off in my kf!

You didn't **** him off. He was replying to me. I'm not sure why he's
so cranky. My (slightly sarcastic) rhetorical question flew right over
his head.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/30/2013 11:14 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 11/30/2013 10:34 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> Turned out pretty. I didn't make it, so I can say it.
>>>
>>> http://tinypic.com/r/25p31v7/5

>> Looks positively decadent! Tell your husband I said good job!

> Heh. And being a Virgo, you know those cake layers were
> evenly cut.
>
> nancy

Absolute precision, no doubt!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/30/2013 11:18 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2013-11-30, Ophelia > wrote:
>>
>> Oi! What did I do??? it now seems that I am the name of everything bad
>> around here!!! When did I even mention Emeril???

> We love ya', O, but you have a minutely annoying habit of always
> asking what everything means.

O is not the one who posed that rhetorical question, nb. I did.
Directed towards sf saying, "Cake just doesn't seem right on
Thanksgiving to this Yankee though. I guess it's another Southern
tradition that migrated North."

My point was Emeril is not *southern*. All you have to do is listen to
him talk to figure that out. Sure, he cooks a lot of southern foods.
He may well have gotten that recipe from someone in the South. That
doesn't make it a "Southern tradition" at Thanksgiving.

> But then, sometimes I'm jes a dick, so
> disregard all I've said.
>
> nb

In the old Andy parlance, <smootches>!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 11/30/2013 11:14 AM, Nancy Young wrote:

>>> Looks positively decadent! Tell your husband I said good job!

>> Heh. And being a Virgo, you know those cake layers were
>> evenly cut.
>>
>> nancy
>>

> Absolute precision, no doubt!

Oh yes Used to have one of those in my family ...

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 11/30/2013 11:18 AM, notbob wrote:
>> On 2013-11-30, Ophelia > wrote:
>>>
>>> Oi! What did I do??? it now seems that I am the name of everything bad
>>> around here!!! When did I even mention Emeril???

>> We love ya', O, but you have a minutely annoying habit of always
>> asking what everything means.

> O is not the one who posed that rhetorical question, nb. I did. Directed
> towards sf saying, "Cake just doesn't seem right on Thanksgiving to this
> Yankee though. I guess it's another Southern tradition that migrated
> North."

Oh don't let the fact that is was you posted and not me stop me being used
as the whipping boy please!!! It seems to be the favourite sport around
here. No matter I have a very good killfile so no problem)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/30/2013 10:59 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 11/30/2013 10:35 AM, notbob wrote:
>> On 2013-11-30, jmcquown > wrote:
>>
>>> Isn't Emeril Legasse from Massachusetts or some such place?

>> Isn't yer computer jes as capable as mine of typing in Emeril's name
>> into a search engine and reading about eleventy jillion bios giving
>> his birth place? You coming down with a case of Ophilia-itis?
>>
>> I mean, c'mon ppl! Yer sitting at the most advanced data search
>> device ever devised by mankind and you continually ask questions you
>> can easily find the answer to in about 8 secs. I can appreciate
>> wanting to talk/communicate fer social reasons, but give it a rest.
>> "What are grits?"??? Are you kidding me!? You can't find google and
>> type in "grits"? You want I should breath for you, too??
>>

> Sometimes a question is a way to make a point, not actually
> asking or looking for an answer.
>
> nancy

He was born in the rhetorical town of Fall River. Parents are Canadian
and Portuguese. That area has a large Portuguese population, most Azorian.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> He was born in the rhetorical town of Fall River.

I attended a new year's eve party in Fall River, Ma. when it turned
from 1970 to 1971. That means that little 11 year old Emeril was
living there then...who would have known he would go on to be a great
chef? heheh

Also, I've got a best friend now that attended Brown University at the
same time. We met up 25 years later.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 11/30/2013 10:34 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> Turned out pretty. I didn't make it, so I can say it.
>>>
>>> http://tinypic.com/r/25p31v7/5

>> Looks positively decadent! Tell your husband I said good job!

> Heh. And being a Virgo, you know those cake layers were
> evenly cut.
>
> nancy

Whatsa Virgo?
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in message

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message

>>> Looks positively decadent! Tell your husband I said good job!

>> Heh. And being a Virgo, you know those cake layers were
>> evenly cut.
>>
>> nancy
>>

> Whatsa Virgo?

Star sign )

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 10:22:28 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 11/30/2013 8:43 AM, sf wrote:
> > On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 07:28:11 -0500, Nancy Young
> > > wrote:

> >> It was good. The cake is on the lighter side, I thought
> >> it would be more dense. I love the crunch of the walnuts
> >> and I'll have cream cheese frosting anytime.
> >>

> > I saw that recipe the other day and liked the looks of it. Cake just
> > doesn't seem right on Thanksgiving to this Yankee though. I guess
> > it's another Southern tradition that migrated North.
> >

> Isn't Emeril Legasse from Massachusetts or some such place?

Dunno. Don't care. You were born in California, but you don't
consider yourself a Californian unless it supports whatever your
argument du jour is.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/1/2013 1:49 AM, sf wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 10:22:28 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/30/2013 8:43 AM, sf wrote:
>>> On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 07:28:11 -0500, Nancy Young

>>> I saw that recipe the other day and liked the looks of it. Cake just
>>> doesn't seem right on Thanksgiving to this Yankee though. I guess
>>> it's another Southern tradition that migrated North.
>>>

>> Isn't Emeril Legasse from Massachusetts or some such place?
>>

> Dunno. Don't care. You were born in California, but you don't
> consider yourself a Californian unless it supports whatever your
> argument du jour is.

Bullshit. You seem to have something against the South which has come
through in your posts on more than one occasion. I merely pointed out
Emeril is a Yankee. Saying you guess (GUESS being the operative word)
it was a "Southern tradition that migrated North" shows you don't know.

No, I don't consider myself a Californian. I don't consider myself a
Southerner, either. I've just lived in the south longer than than
anywhere else in my adult life. So I do have more experience with some
things Southern. Cakes... right about now, Red Velvet. Christmas is
coming.

Thanksgiving and cakes? That isn't any Southern tradition I've ever run
into. Other than pie, the dessert would likely be banana pudding with
vanilla wafers.

The cake thing sounds like something Emeril thought up. It doesn't
really matter. I'm just glad Nancy's family enjoyed the cake. That's
what counts.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 01 Dec 2013 02:08:51 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

> Saying you guess (GUESS being the operative word)
> it was a "Southern tradition that migrated North" shows you don't know.

Saying "I guess" means the only time I've read about it was via
Southern food blogs. You and Gary are the ones who seem to take great
offense in having regional difference pointed out, so I consider both
of you quite thin skinned. The South is also known for sweet tea.
Gonna get mad about that too?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> On Sun, 01 Dec 2013 02:08:51 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
> > Saying you guess (GUESS being the operative word)
> > it was a "Southern tradition that migrated North" shows you don't know.

> Saying "I guess" means the only time I've read about it was via
> Southern food blogs. You and Gary are the ones who seem to take great
> offense in having regional difference pointed out, so I consider both
> of you quite thin skinned. The South is also known for sweet tea.
> Gonna get mad about that too?

I barely live in the South but yeah...I do take offense at your
constant belittling of the south. You come across as some snooty
California liberal who thinks she is is "all that" and the rest of the
world lives in trailer parks.

Your rant a few months ago about just why the South is so bad had me
LMAO. You blamed every thing wrong in this country on da south. It was
funny and you embarrassed yourself and didn't even realize it.

As far as tea, I drink a few cups of hot green tea each week, just
plain. If I drink ice tea, I like sugar and lemon in it. But I rarely
drink that...it's been several years.

IMO, you need to accept that people are different and different from
you does not mean inferior.

Just my opinion of how you come across with your postings.

G.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-12-01, jmcquown > wrote:

> Christmas is coming.

Hard to believe, what with all the infighting going on between rfc
regulars. Me n' Ophy, you and sf, Marty n' Dave. Seems black friday
was a bit blacker than anticipated. Anyone got an easy recipe fer
chill pills? Time to break out some old fashioned Christmas carols,
I'm thinking.

This is an old one, but gets me all misty, everytime:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2013-12-01, jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> Christmas is coming.

> Hard to believe, what with all the infighting going on between rfc
> regulars. Me n' Ophy, you and sf, Marty n' Dave. Seems black friday
> was a bit blacker than anticipated. Anyone got an easy recipe fer
> chill pills? Time to break out some old fashioned Christmas carols,
> I'm thinking.
>
> This is an old one, but gets me all misty, everytime:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE

I love that one) It gives me goose bumps)

You may notice that I respond to anyone who speaks nicely to me. Of
course if they keep bitching at me then all bets are off)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/1/2013 8:28 AM, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Dec 2013 02:08:51 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> Saying you guess (GUESS being the operative word)
>> it was a "Southern tradition that migrated North" shows you don't know.

> Saying "I guess" means the only time I've read about it was via
> Southern food blogs. You and Gary are the ones who seem to take great
> offense in having regional difference pointed out, so I consider both
> of you quite thin skinned. The South is also known for sweet tea.
> Gonna get mad about that too?

Nope, because I despise iced tea.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/1/2013 9:06 AM, Gary wrote:
> sf wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 01 Dec 2013 02:08:51 -0500, jmcquown >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Saying you guess (GUESS being the operative word)
>>> it was a "Southern tradition that migrated North" shows you don't know.

>> Saying "I guess" means the only time I've read about it was via
>> Southern food blogs. You and Gary are the ones who seem to take great
>> offense in having regional difference pointed out, so I consider both
>> of you quite thin skinned. The South is also known for sweet tea.
>> Gonna get mad about that too?

> I barely live in the South but yeah...I do take offense at your
> constant belittling of the south. You come across as some snooty
> California liberal who thinks she is is "all that" and the rest of the
> world lives in trailer parks.

I agree with that. Maybe she doesn't know she comes across as
condescending.

> As far as tea, I drink a few cups of hot green tea each week, just
> plain. If I drink ice tea, I like sugar and lemon in it. But I rarely
> drink that...it's been several years.

Not every Southerner drinks iced tea, sweetened or not. Hey, the South
is also known for mint juleps. I don't drink those, either.

> IMO, you need to accept that people are different and different from
> you does not mean inferior.

Exactly. Living in California doesn't prove anything. My nephew lives
in California... so what?

> Just my opinion of how you come across with your postings.
>
> G.

Concur. Maybe she just doesn't realize how it sounds.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/1/2013 10:21 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "notbob" > wrote in message
>> On 2013-12-01, jmcquown > wrote:
>>
>>> Christmas is coming.

>> Hard to believe, what with all the infighting going on between rfc
>> regulars. Me n' Ophy, you and sf, Marty n' Dave. Seems black friday
>> was a bit blacker than anticipated. Anyone got an easy recipe fer
>> chill pills? Time to break out some old fashioned Christmas carols,
>> I'm thinking.
>>
>> This is an old one, but gets me all misty, everytime:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE

> I love that one) It gives me goose bumps)

It gives me chills, too. Not that you'd ever catch me dead in a
shopping mall (!) around Christmas, but I would have loved to have been
there.

Jill <---who rarely breaks into song while shopping

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 12/1/2013 10:21 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Hard to believe, what with all the infighting going on between rfc
>>> regulars. Me n' Ophy, you and sf, Marty n' Dave. Seems black friday
>>> was a bit blacker than anticipated. Anyone got an easy recipe fer
>>> chill pills? Time to break out some old fashioned Christmas carols,
>>> I'm thinking.
>>>
>>> This is an old one, but gets me all misty, everytime:
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE

>> I love that one) It gives me goose bumps)
>>

> It gives me chills, too. Not that you'd ever catch me dead in a shopping
> mall (!) around Christmas, but I would have loved to have been there.

Oh yes) That choir was heavenly I rarely go into malls and that is
only when I have no other choice!

> Jill <---who rarely breaks into song while shopping

lol nor do I))))))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 01 Dec 2013 12:31:29 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 12/1/2013 9:06 AM, Gary wrote:
>> sf wrote:

>>> Saying "I guess" means the only time I've read about it was via
>>> Southern food blogs. You and Gary are the ones who seem to take great
>>> offense in having regional difference pointed out, so I consider both
>>> of you quite thin skinned. The South is also known for sweet tea.
>>> Gonna get mad about that too?

>> I barely live in the South but yeah...I do take offense at your
>> constant belittling of the south. You come across as some snooty
>> California liberal who thinks she is is "all that" and the rest of the
>> world lives in trailer parks.
>>

>I agree with that. Maybe she doesn't know she comes across as
>condescending.
>
>> As far as tea, I drink a few cups of hot green tea each week, just
>> plain. If I drink ice tea, I like sugar and lemon in it. But I rarely
>> drink that...it's been several years.
>>

>Not every Southerner drinks iced tea, sweetened or not. Hey, the South
>is also known for mint juleps. I don't drink those, either.
>
>> IMO, you need to accept that people are different and different from
>> you does not mean inferior.
>>

>Exactly. Living in California doesn't prove anything. My nephew lives
>in California... so what?
>
>> Just my opinion of how you come across with your postings.
>>
>> G.
>>

>Concur. Maybe she just doesn't realize how it sounds.
>
>Jill

California is the incest state
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote:
>"notbob" > wrote in message
>>jmcquown > wrote:
>>
>>> Christmas is coming.

>> Hard to believe, what with all the infighting going on between rfc
>> regulars. Me n' Ophy, you and sf, Marty n' Dave. Seems black friday
>> was a bit blacker than anticipated. Anyone got an easy recipe fer
>> chill pills? Time to break out some old fashioned Christmas carols,
>> I'm thinking.
>>
>> This is an old one, but gets me all misty, everytime:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE

>I love that one) It gives me goose bumps)

Ophelia, yours look more like goat bumps)
http://tinyurl.com/p7saq6e
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/1/2013 1:07 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> "Ophelia" > wrote:

>>> Hard to believe, what with all the infighting going on between rfc
>>> regulars. Me n' Ophy, you and sf, Marty n' Dave. Seems black friday
>>> was a bit blacker than anticipated. Anyone got an easy recipe fer
>>> chill pills? Time to break out some old fashioned Christmas carols,
>>> I'm thinking.
>>>
>>> This is an old one, but gets me all misty, everytime:
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE

>> I love that one) It gives me goose bumps)

> Ophelia, yours look more like goat bumps)
> http://tinyurl.com/p7saq6e

No need to be insulting.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 12/1/2013 1:07 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

>>> I love that one) It gives me goose bumps)

>> Ophelia, yours look more like goat bumps)
>> http://tinyurl.com/p7saq6e
>>

> No need to be insulting.

Oh I am used to it!

--