Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

Default Food Network - 20 years of changing food culture

In article >,
Ubiquitous > wrote:

> In those early red ink years, the network was known mostly for food
> television with a how-to attitude aimed at people who cook. But on
> television, personality trumps talent, entertainment trounces know-how.
> That spelled the demise of shows with chefs offering teachable moments at
> the stove.
> To Irvine, it was a smart — and necessary — choice.
>
> "We've all got choices now. And our choices are very, very different from
> what they were 10 years ago, 20 years ago," he said. "The television
> world has become so cutthroat, they've got to continue coming up with
> better programing."

Hard to believe there's not room for both. I still miss "How To Boil
Water"

--
Wait - are you saying that ClodReamer was wrong, or lying?
Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

"anim8rFSK" > wrote in message

> Hard to believe there's not room for both. I still miss "How To Boil
> Water"

That was one of my favorite shows. I loved how Sean/Shawn and that little
short gal sort of flirted and fought at the same time. I think maybe the
big appeal for me was that Sean/Shawn reminded me very much of an old
friend.

Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking

--
Wait - are you saying that ClodReamer was wrong, or lying?