Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Which vegetable stock cubes/powder

I am learning to cook and have done a few soups which have turned out really
well but I am trying to make my mind up about which vegetable stock
cubes/powder to use. I seem to have settled on Marigold Swiss Vegetable
Bouillon Powder but I am minded to throw this part-used tub of it away and
get the its reduced salt version. Any views please? I live in the UK.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 20:03:02 -0000, "Emrys Davies" >
wrote:

>I am learning to cook and have done a few soups which have turned out really
>well but I am trying to make my mind up about which vegetable stock
>cubes/powder to use. I seem to have settled on Marigold Swiss Vegetable
>Bouillon Powder but I am minded to throw this part-used tub of it away and
>get the its reduced salt version. Any views please? I live in the UK.

Use dehy veggies, soup greens, and herbs.... grind them into a powder
if you like.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, November 15, 2013 3:03:02 PM UTC-5, Emrys Davies wrote:
> I am learning to cook and have done a few soups which have turned out really
> well but I am trying to make my mind up about which vegetable stock
> cubes/powder to use. I seem to have settled on Marigold Swiss Vegetable
> Bouillon Powder but I am minded to throw this part-used tub of it away and
> get the its reduced salt version. Any views please? I live in the UK.

I don't know how much salt they contain but my
favorites are the cubes sold by Telma. To find them
you'll probably have to ask. I'm sure Tesco will
have them.

http://ww.richardfisher.com

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrys Davies View Post
I am learning to cook and have done a few soups which have turned out really
well but I am trying to make my mind up about which vegetable stock
cubes/powder to use. I seem to have settled on Marigold Swiss Vegetable
Bouillon Powder but I am minded to throw this part-used tub of it away and
get the its reduced salt version. Any views please? I live in the UK.

---
AVAST 2014 | Download Free Antivirus Software for Virus Protection
Not sure about availability in Merry Olde England but Mnor's Brand Soup bases are what the pros use. We can find Better Than Bullion Brand bases at Kroger which is just about as good but just beef and chicken version. Minor's has a wide assortment of very good flavors. i would not use any of the powders. .