Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Peppermill revisited

I think I have solved the problem as to why my new peppermill sometimes
flakes the pepper. I am filling it too full! It was almost out and fine
and I filled it to the top. All of a sudden, I was getting the flakes
again. Here I had blamed the pepper. Nope! I put up with the flakes for a
couple of days and now it is fine. I think that because I filled it so
full, it had nowhere to go. The peppercorns probably couldn't move around
and so only the outside hit the grinder, so it was flaking. Aha!