Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tried & Tested Recipes

Hi everyone,

I have just joined this group as I am very interested in cooking and it is a serious hobby of mine. I have just published a Kindle book called 'Tried & Tested – 101 Recipes'. It contains 101 recipes that I really have personally tried,tested and modified until I have made them the very best that I possibly can, without compromising on flavour, yet the recipes are straightforward and easy to follow.

I've covered soups, poultry, meats, fish, vegetarian, pasta & rice, potatoes, vegetables, dressings, sauces & marinades, desserts, baking and sweet things. So, hopefully, there's something there for everyone.

I do hope that posting this here is acceptable. (And, apologies if I have breached any Group rules.)

Best wishes all,

Carol J
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 6, 2013 3:09:09 PM UTC-4, Carol Jones wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> I have just joined this group as I am very interested in cooking and it is a serious hobby of mine. I have just published a Kindle book called 'Tried & Tested – 101 Recipes'. It contains 101 recipes that I really have personally tried,tested and modified until I have made them the very best that I possibly can, without compromising on flavour, yet the recipes are straightforward and easy to follow.

So, tell us how we can access this for FREE.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2013 2:35 PM, Kalmia wrote:
> On Saturday, July 6, 2013 3:09:09 PM UTC-4, Carol Jones wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>

>> I have just joined this group as I am very interested in cooking and it is a serious hobby of mine. I have just published a Kindle book called 'Tried & Tested – 101 Recipes'. It contains 101 recipes that I really have personally tried,tested and modified until I have made them the very best that I possibly can, without compromising on flavour, yet the recipes are straightforward and easy to follow.
>>

> So, tell us how we can access this for FREE.

Generally Amazon allows readers a free chapter or two.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 07/07/2013 01:40, casa bona wrote:
> On 7/6/2013 2:35 PM, Kalmia wrote:
>> On Saturday, July 6, 2013 3:09:09 PM UTC-4, Carol Jones wrote:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>

>>> I have just joined this group as I am very interested in cooking and
>>> it is a serious hobby of mine. I have just published a Kindle book
>>> called 'Tried & Tested – 101 Recipes'. It contains 101 recipes that I
>>> really have personally tried,tested and modified until I have made
>>> them the very best that I possibly can, without compromising on
>>> flavour, yet the recipes are straightforward and easy to follow.
>>>

>> So, tell us how we can access this for FREE.
>>

> Generally Amazon allows readers a free chapter or two.

As an English man I tried one of the Amazon Cook books, I soon gave up.
The measurements are weird, E.G. cups, how big are the American cups?
Can't they use scales? Not being nasty just confused and wondering. I
find it difficult enough converting Grammes to ounces and vice versa.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/7/2013 11:28 AM, Broadback wrote:
> On 07/07/2013 01:40, casa bona wrote:

>>> So, tell us how we can access this for FREE.
>>>

>> Generally Amazon allows readers a free chapter or two.

> As an English man I tried one of the Amazon Cook books, I soon gave up.
> The measurements are weird, E.G. cups, how big are the American cups?
> Can't they use scales? Not being nasty just confused and wondering. I
> find it difficult enough converting Grammes to ounces and vice versa.

The difference is that American recipes tend to be volumetric rather
than weighed. The first modern recipes for *ordinary* households were
introduced by Fannie Farmer at the Boston Cooking School in the late
nineteenth century. Standardized cups (8 fl oz), tablespoons (1/2 fl oz)
and teaspoons (1/3 tablespoon) were a feature and were much more
accessible than sets of scales at that time.
--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/7/2013 9:28 AM, Broadback wrote:
> On 07/07/2013 01:40, casa bona wrote:

>>> So, tell us how we can access this for FREE.
>>>

>> Generally Amazon allows readers a free chapter or two.

> As an English man I tried one of the Amazon Cook books, I soon gave up.
> The measurements are weird, E.G. cups, how big are the American cups?
> Can't they use scales? Not being nasty just confused and wondering. I
> find it difficult enough converting Grammes to ounces and vice versa.

Our cup is 8 fluid ounces, which equals about 236 ml.

It can be confusing. I have a wonderful British cookbook which
fortunately has the conversions, I just have to remember to read that
column and not get hasty.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 7, 2013 11:26:33 AM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Jul 2013 12:09:09 -0700 (PDT), Carol Jones wrote:
>

> > I have just published a Kindle book called 'Tried & Tested 嚙碾 101 Recipes'.

> "Tried & Tested" - Isn't that kinda redundant?
> -sw

===
Better than `Tried, Tasted and Retched` after trying some of yours.
Ahahahahahahahaha.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/7/2013 11:26 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Jul 2013 12:09:09 -0700 (PDT), Carol Jones wrote:
>
>> I have just published a Kindle book called 'Tried & Tested ¡V 101 Recipes'.

> "Tried & Tested" - Isn't that kinda redundant?
>
> -sw

Not really, one can try something without testing the specific
parameters of its ingredients and preparatory regimen.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Broadback" > wrote in message
> On 07/07/2013 01:40, casa bona wrote:

>>> So, tell us how we can access this for FREE.
>>>

>> Generally Amazon allows readers a free chapter or two.

> As an English man I tried one of the Amazon Cook books, I soon gave up.
> The measurements are weird, E.G. cups, how big are the American cups?
> Can't they use scales? Not being nasty just confused and wondering. I find
> it difficult enough converting Grammes to ounces and vice versa.

We do not normally weigh our food. Meat is usually bought by the pound or
ounce and a cookbook might say that. A cup is 8 oz. Weighing liquid
wouldn't work very well. Some people weigh flour. I never did.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 6 Jul 2013 12:09:09 -0700 (PDT), Carol Jones wrote:
>
>> I have just published a Kindle book called 'Tried & Tested ¡V 101
>> Recipes'.

> "Tried & Tested" - Isn't that kinda redundant?

Not really. Since we don't know what he tested them for!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/7/2013 8:52 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> We do not normally weigh our food. Meat is usually bought by the pound or
> ounce and a cookbook might say that. A cup is 8 oz. Weighing liquid
> wouldn't work very well. Some people weigh flour. I never did.

Why do you think 'weighing liquid wouldn't work very well'?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 07 Jul 2013 15:02:08 -0600, casa bona > wrote:

>On 7/7/2013 9:28 AM, Broadback wrote:

>>> Generally Amazon allows readers a free chapter or two.

>> As an English male I tried one of the Amazon Cook books, I soon gave up.
>> The measurements are weird, E.G. cups.

E & G cups... what's to complain... are you a *** male?