Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 409 wins again!

I swear, this stuff is better than Windex as portrayed in Big Fat
Greek Wedding. Every time I run into some cleaning problem, I think,
"I wonder if 409 will work?" More times than not, it will.

I use fountina pens. Love the different colored inks and tinkering
with old pens and inks. No surprise I get a lotta ink on my fingers.
Belive me, it stains. I almost bought some expensive cleaner made
specially for removing fountain pen ink from hands. But first, let's
try some 409. OMG! It removes 95% of it. The other 5% disappears by
morning.

A couple days ago, spilled some sriracha on my gray tank-top. Went
immediately to the sink and ran cold water on the stain. Nada. Put a
dab of dish detergent on it and scrubbed. Nope. I'm thinking, geez,
what kinda dye are they using in this stuff. Shout stain remover?
Goose egg. Hmmm.... 409? BINGO!! Shirt saved.

I nominate 409 for president.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 18 May 2013 19:01:08 GMT, notbob wrote:

> I nominate 409 for president.

Can 409 clean up our economy? Wipe out debt?

--

-Jeff B.

"Excuse me.
I don't mean to impose,
but I am the Ocean."

~ The Salton Sea
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 18 May 2013 19:01:08 GMT, notbob > wrote:

> I nominate 409 for president.

I should buy some to use as a laundry spray because I'm always getting
grease splatters on my shirts and Shout often has trouble removing
them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
z z z z is offline

I have been a fan of 409 for 40yrs. When parents were selling their
house the kitchen floor looked awful. My Mom kept using that stupid
Swiffer thing and it left the floor stickier and stickier thus dirtier
and dirtier. I marinated the floor with 409 and laboriously on hands and
knees with paper towels made that floor look like new again. I am
convinced it helped sell the house. Now I periodically do the same at
their senior living condo sigh...I am not looking forward to my own
senior years-there is no one to clean up after me lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob > wrote:
> I swear, this stuff is better than Windex as portrayed in Big Fat
> Greek Wedding. Every time I run into some cleaning problem, I think,
> "I wonder if 409 will work?" More times than not, it will.
>
> I use fountina pens. Love the different colored inks and tinkering
> with old pens and inks. No surprise I get a lotta ink on my fingers.
> Belive me, it stains. I almost bought some expensive cleaner made
> specially for removing fountain pen ink from hands. But first, let's
> try some 409. OMG! It removes 95% of it. The other 5% disappears by
> morning.
>
> A couple days ago, spilled some sriracha on my gray tank-top. Went
> immediately to the sink and ran cold water on the stain. Nada. Put a
> dab of dish detergent on it and scrubbed. Nope. I'm thinking, geez,
> what kinda dye are they using in this stuff. Shout stain remover?
> Goose egg. Hmmm.... 409? BINGO!! Shirt saved.
>
> I nominate 409 for president.
>
> nb

409 is a milder form of some better cleaners. The better cleaners can be
harsh to breath. These alki cleaners will etch glass. I use them on glass
wiped on cloth. Two better ones are, Castrol Super Cleaner, and Greased
Lightning.

Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Anytime the Kitchen Police come by and inspect, my white cooktop will pass
inspection with flying colors. Well. No colors. 409 keeps it pretty as
new. Sometimes I too have to let it marinate but it does the deed every
time and no scratchy to worry about. Polly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Yeff wrote:

> On 18 May 2013 19:01:08 GMT, notbob wrote:
>
> > I nominate 409 for president.

> Can 409 clean up our economy? Wipe out debt?

Audit Mr. Clean's tax returns?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> I swear, this stuff is better than Windex as portrayed in Big Fat
> Greek Wedding. Every time I run into some cleaning problem, I think,
> "I wonder if 409 will work?" More times than not, it will.

I'm really impressed with Tilex. Kills ant trails
better than Raid. Tilex kills them immediately, but
with Raid you really gotta drown 'em in the stuff.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-05-19, Mark Thorson > wrote:

> I'm really impressed with Tilex. Kills ant trails
> better than Raid. Tilex kills them immediately, but
> with Raid you really gotta drown 'em in the stuff.

I use Raid Wasp and Hornet spray for them stripey assed bastids that make
life in the CO Rockies insuffereable. Knocks 'em out in mid-air from
10 ft!

Gonna try a Bug-A-Salt gun, later this Summer, for a more organic
approach. Sez it will take out wasps, but I'm think'n I'm gonna need
kosher salt for a potentially lethal load. May work fer spideys, too.
That's always a plus.

http://bugasalt.com/

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 May 2013 10:51:58 -0800, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

>notbob wrote:
>>
>> I swear, this stuff is better than Windex as portrayed in Big Fat
>> Greek Wedding. Every time I run into some cleaning problem, I think,
>> "I wonder if 409 will work?" More times than not, it will.

>I'm really impressed with Tilex. Kills ant trails
>better than Raid. Tilex kills them immediately, but
>with Raid you really gotta drown 'em in the stuff.

Best stuff I've used is LA's Amazing Cleaner. Sort of like
concentrated 409. The Dollar Tree store carries it and I have a
bottle in the kitchen, bathrooms, etc.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/19/2013 2:46 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Best stuff I've used is LA's Amazing Cleaner. Sort of like
> concentrated 409. The Dollar Tree store carries it and I have a
> bottle in the kitchen, bathrooms, etc.

The last really good spray cleaner I used, was BAM by Easy-Off. I did
not buy it, my ex-husband's stepfather died, and George and I cleaned
out the house. It was there, so I tried it. Loved it, BAM could clean
anything. I will give 409 another try, it has been years since I have
used it.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/20/2013 1:36 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:

> The last really good spray cleaner I used, was BAM by Easy-Off. I did
> not buy it, my ex-husband's stepfather died, and George and I cleaned
> out the house.

It's all so civilized! (laugh) You and your husband cleaned out
your ex's stepfathers house.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 20, 2013 10:52:49 AM UTC-7, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 5/20/2013 1:36 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:
>

> > The last really good spray cleaner I used, was BAM by Easy-Off. I did

> > not buy it, my ex-husband's stepfather died, and George and I cleaned

> > out the house.

> It's all so civilized! (laugh) You and your husband cleaned out
>
> your ex's stepfathers house.
>

> nancy

Not everyone has anger after the divorce.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/20/2013 12:52 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 5/20/2013 1:36 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:
>
>> The last really good spray cleaner I used, was BAM by Easy-Off. I did
>> not buy it, my ex-husband's stepfather died, and George and I cleaned
>> out the house.

> It's all so civilized! (laugh) You and your husband cleaned out
> your ex's stepfathers house.
>
> nancy

My ex is living in Pennsylvania, which is a long way from Texas, so we
told him we would move the furniture out of the house and get the house
cleaned up so he could rent it out. We decided to buy the house, instead.

My ex and I will always be friends, I just did not want to be married to
him. He and my youngest son spent 9 days here in March, for our oldest
son's wedding. We drove them to the rehearsal dinner, to the wedding and
back, then we went to see my mother in Tyler. We are friends, he calls
at least once a week to talk to me or George.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/20/2013 5:30 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:
> On 5/20/2013 12:52 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
>> On 5/20/2013 1:36 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:
>>
>>> The last really good spray cleaner I used, was BAM by Easy-Off. I did
>>> not buy it, my ex-husband's stepfather died, and George and I cleaned
>>> out the house.

>> It's all so civilized! (laugh) You and your husband cleaned out
>> your ex's stepfathers house.

> My ex is living in Pennsylvania, which is a long way from Texas, so we
> told him we would move the furniture out of the house and get the house
> cleaned up so he could rent it out. We decided to buy the house, instead.

Oh, cool!

> My ex and I will always be friends, I just did not want to be married to
> him.

I understand that, it was the chain of relatives that caught my eye.
People find out they shouldn't be married, it's not the end of the
world.

> He and my youngest son spent 9 days here in March, for our oldest
> son's wedding.

Congratulations!

>We drove them to the rehearsal dinner, to the wedding and
> back, then we went to see my mother in Tyler. We are friends, he calls
> at least once a week to talk to me or George.

It's certainly much better than people who can't get it together
to attend their children's wedding in peace.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-05-20, Nancy Young > wrote:

> On 5/20/2013 4:30 PM, wrote:

>> Not everyone has anger after the divorce.

> Of course not, I know that from personal experience.

heh heh.....

Some experience relief.

nb