Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

Default Is there a 'magic' solution for dissolving labels on glassware?

Just curious, as my current 'magic solution' is water - but maybe
there is a better medium for dissolving glued paper labels on
glass bottles for kitchen reuse?

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/.../12890207.jpeg

My current technique:
a. Soak for a day or two in water
b. Scrape with a kitchen fork
c. Repeat until the label is gone
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On May 9, 10:32*am, Danny D > wrote:
> Just curious, as my current 'magic solution' is water - but maybe
> there is a better medium for dissolving glued paper labels on
> glass bottles for kitchen reuse?
>
> *http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/.../12890207.jpeg
>
> My current technique:
> a. Soak for a day or two in water
> b. Scrape with a kitchen fork
> c. Repeat until the label is gone

Just scrape off with a utility knife then clean up any glue residue
with Goo-Gone.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On 05/09/13 01:32 pm, Danny D wrote:

> Just curious, as my current 'magic solution' is water - but maybe
> there is a better medium for dissolving glued paper labels on
> glass bottles for kitchen reuse?
>
> http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/.../12890207.jpeg
>
> My current technique:
> a. Soak for a day or two in water
> b. Scrape with a kitchen fork
> c. Repeat until the label is gone

Depends what kind of "glue." If the adhesive is gum -- the kind of
labels you lick before putting them in place, water should work. If they
are self-adhesive labels -- the kind where you peel them off a backing
sheet, Goo Gone usually works well.

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 9 May 2013 17:32:01 +0000 (UTC), Danny D >
wrote:

>Just curious, as my current 'magic solution' is water - but maybe
>there is a better medium for dissolving glued paper labels on
>glass bottles for kitchen reuse?
>
> http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/.../12890207.jpeg
>
>My current technique:
>a. Soak for a day or two in water
>b. Scrape with a kitchen fork
>c. Repeat until the label is gone

Try peanut butter, smooth not crunchy.

Cover the label with a thin coat. Allow the paper label to absorb the
peanut oil - it will come off.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On May 9, 12:32 pm, Danny D > wrote:
> Just curious, as my current 'magic solution' is water - but maybe
> there is a better medium for dissolving glued paper labels on
> glass bottles for kitchen reuse?
>
> http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/.../12890207.jpeg
>
> My current technique:
> a. Soak for a day or two in water
> b. Scrape with a kitchen fork
> c. Repeat until the label is gone

Each manufacturer seems to use a different glue. I also save
jars for refrigerator use, but I prefer the plastic one since, if
dropped, they rarely break and I am able to put them in the
freezer section for long term without worrying about them cracking
and putting glass shards in the contents....

I generally follow this procedu

1) First, totally immerse in water for a couple hours. Lots of
labels, such as the ones on some instant coffee jars, will
then easily scrape off with a fingernail or spatula.

2) I then try rubbing alcohol. It works on some, but it just
depends on the glue.

3) I then try gasoline. This usually works on anything that
1 and 2 won't handle, but it is smelly and takes time
to air out the kitchen... Do it in the garage.. or porch..

4) If all else fails, and I am bound and determined to save
the container, I just glue a white label over the existing one
and write "Soup" or "Gravy" or something on it .....

Hint: While plastic is good for the freezer, don't use the
microwave to heat up the contents. The innards get
hot, and then it melts the plastic. Use glass for
the microwave, and remember to take the metal top
off as well as any metal ring that may be around the
rim of the jar.
Either can be use in the regular refrigerator part.
No glass in freezer, no plastic in microwave....

Just my own experience. Maybe you can find some of
it useful.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

Danny D > wrote:
> Just curious, as my current 'magic solution' is water -
> but maybe
> there is a better medium for dissolving glued paper labels
> on
> glass bottles for kitchen reuse?
>
> http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/.../12890207.jpeg
>
> My current technique:
> a. Soak for a day or two in water
> b. Scrape with a kitchen fork
> c. Repeat until the label is gone

scratch the surface then apply WD 40

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking
EXT EXT is offline

"Danny D" > wrote in message
> Just curious, as my current 'magic solution' is water - but maybe
> there is a better medium for dissolving glued paper labels on
> glass bottles for kitchen reuse?
>
> http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/.../12890207.jpeg
>
> My current technique:
> a. Soak for a day or two in water
> b. Scrape with a kitchen fork
> c. Repeat until the label is gone

Some use hot melt to apply paper labels, water may remove the paper but I
don't know what will remove the hot melt except heat.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

Danny D wrote:
> Just curious, as my current 'magic solution' is water - but maybe
> there is a better medium for dissolving glued paper labels on
> glass bottles for kitchen reuse?
>
> http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/.../12890207.jpeg
>
> My current technique:
> a. Soak for a day or two in water
> b. Scrape with a kitchen fork
> c. Repeat until the label is gone

Soak. Put hot water in the jar to soften the glue. Scrape with a
single-edge razor blade.

Turtlewax Bug and Tar Remover is good for getting glue residue off.

Beer and wine bottle labels will usually come off cleanly after a soak
in a bucket of cold water with a little ammonia added.

Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On May 9, 1:32*pm, Danny D > wrote:
> Just curious, as my current 'magic solution' is water - but maybe
> there is a better medium for dissolving glued paper labels on
> glass bottles for kitchen reuse?
>
> *http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/.../12890207.jpeg
>
> My current technique:
> a. Soak for a day or two in water
> b. Scrape with a kitchen fork
> c. Repeat until the label is gone

Vegetable oil on a paper kitchen towel will remove most sticky
residues. If this does not work completely, take most of the rest off
with a fingernail and then try the vegetable oil again. I've had to
work a few times but never had a failure.

This works on other sticky labels such as those on computers and car
windows.

http://www.richardfisher.com
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On 05/09/2013 10:32 AM, Danny D wrote:
> Just curious, as my current 'magic solution' is water - but maybe
> there is a better medium for dissolving glued paper labels on
> glass bottles for kitchen reuse?
>
> http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/.../12890207.jpeg
>
> My current technique:
> a. Soak for a day or two in water
> b. Scrape with a kitchen fork
> c. Repeat until the label is gone

If you are using water, add a little dish detergent to the mix. This
will ad a surfactant, which reduces the surface tension of the water and
enables it to penetrate significantly faster.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 09 May 2013 11:43:37 -0700, Helpful person wrote:

> Vegetable oil on a paper kitchen towel

The oil idea did a good job on the sticky residue of
this vinegar bottle today:

And, the water did well for these seasoning jar labels:

But, the real test will be this plastic vitamin bottle label:

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 09 May 2013 13:45:15 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"
> wrote:

> If they
>are self-adhesive labels -- the kind where you peel them off a backing
>sheet, Goo Gone usually works well.

.... if they are a vehicle tag sticker, fugittbouit

Peeled off the registration sheet, stuck for ever on the tag
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On May 9, 12:27*pm, Danny D > wrote:
> On Thu, 09 May 2013 11:43:37 -0700, Helpful person wrote:
> > Vegetable oil on a paper kitchen towel

> The oil idea did a good job on the sticky residue of
> this vinegar bottle today:
> *http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/12891313.jpg
>
> And, the water did well for these seasoning jar labels:
> *http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/12891316.jpg
>
> But, the real test will be this plastic vitamin bottle label:
> *http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/12891321.jpg

You don't get out much do ya?
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 09 May 2013 12:27:14 -0700, Jon Danniken wrote:

> If you are using water, add a little dish detergent to the mix.

That's a great idea. The alcohol could be a wetting agent
with the dish-detergent surfactant adding to the effect!

The true test will be on the plastic vitamin jar!

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Thu, 09 May 2013 17:32:01 +0000, Danny D wrote:

EXPERIMENT IN PROGRESS:

I am soaking the tough jobs in the suggested solutions,
as we speak ... (Note: the gasoline & WD40 are omitted
due to the fact that we want to re-use the jars!).

Here are the three experiments + one control:

I poured alcohol on the top left; dish detergent at top right;
and olive oil in the foreground; with water in the circular
tub to the right as the experimental control.

Then I filled each container with water and let sit:

Note that everything I've tried in the past has failed
on these plastic vitamin and peanut butter jars; so it
will be interesting to see what happens in a day or two.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

On 5/9/2013 12:32 PM, Danny D wrote:
> Just curious, as my current 'magic solution' is water - but maybe
> there is a better medium for dissolving glued paper labels on
> glass bottles for kitchen reuse?
>
> http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/.../12890207.jpeg
>
> My current technique:
> a. Soak for a day or two in water
> b. Scrape with a kitchen fork
> c. Repeat until the label is gone

Try lighter fluid, then wash with soapy water. Another 'fix' would be
to add and dissolve "dishwasher" soap (the dry, crystal sort) to a bowl
of water and soak the glass container with the label in that solution
for a few hours, then the label peels off easily and quickly. However,
the lighter fluid may be needed to remove the gluey residue.

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Danny D wrote:
> On Thu, 09 May 2013 17:32:01 +0000, Danny D wrote:
>
> EXPERIMENT IN PROGRESS:
>
> I am soaking the tough jobs in the suggested solutions,
> as we speak ... (Note: the gasoline & WD40 are omitted
> due to the fact that we want to re-use the jars!).
>
> Here are the three experiments + one control:
> http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/12891481.jpg
>
> I poured alcohol on the top left; dish detergent at top right;
> and olive oil in the foreground; with water in the circular
> tub to the right as the experimental control.
>
> Then I filled each container with water and let sit:
> http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/12891546.jpg
>
> Note that everything I've tried in the past has failed
> on these plastic vitamin and peanut butter jars; so it
> will be interesting to see what happens in a day or two.

Peanut butter jars? Why didn't you say so! (those are my favorite jars
for reuse -- I store bullets in them for reloading) I thought you were
talking about glass jars.

Fill the jar with hot water, let it sit for a minute so the heat can
loosen the glue, then carefully peel off the label. Most of the glue
will come off with the label. You can then use "Bug and Tar Remover" or
"Goo Gone" to clean off the residue. Orange-based cleaner or turpentine
would probably work too.

--
HTH, Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

Danny D wrote:

> Just curious, as my current 'magic solution' is water -

You want GooGone. Supermarkets, home centers, maybe even chain drugstores.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On 5/9/2013 4:24 PM, zxcvbob wrote:

> Fill the jar with hot water, let it sit for a minute so the heat can
> loosen the glue, then carefully peel off the label. Most of the glue
> will come off with the label. You can then use "Bug and Tar Remover" or
> "Goo Gone" to clean off the residue. Orange-based cleaner or turpentine
> would probably work too.

+1
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Just curious

Paper labels on glass generally disappear in a dishwasher, if not a
safety razor always works.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Thu, 09 May 2013 15:24:46 -0500, zxcvbob >
wrote:

> turpentine
>would probably work too.

+ 1
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 09 May 2013 17:03:23 -0400, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>On Thu, 9 May 2013 17:32:01 +0000 (UTC), Danny D >
>wrote:
>
>>Just curious

>Paper labels on glass generally disappear in a dishwasher, if not a
>safety razor always works.

Glass bottles can be brought to a boil & simmer in a pot on the stove.

"Stuff" comes off.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

In eb.com,
EXT > belched:
> "Danny D" > wrote in message
>> Just curious, as my current 'magic solution' is water - but maybe
>> there is a better medium for dissolving glued paper labels on
>> glass bottles for kitchen reuse?
>>
>> http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/.../12890207.jpeg
>>
>> My current technique:
>> a. Soak for a day or two in water
>> b. Scrape with a kitchen fork
>> c. Repeat until the label is gone

> Some use hot melt to apply paper labels, water may remove the paper
> but I don't know what will remove the hot melt except heat.

naptha/lighter fluid will remove hot glue

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On 5/9/2013 12:32 PM, Danny D wrote:
> Just curious, as my current 'magic solution' is water - but maybe
> there is a better medium for dissolving glued paper labels on
> glass bottles for kitchen reuse?
>
> http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/.../12890207.jpeg
>
> My current technique:
> a. Soak for a day or two in water
> b. Scrape with a kitchen fork
> c. Repeat until the label is gone

Use a hair dryer to blow hot air onto the label. This will loosen the
glue so you can peel it off. If there is any glue residue, use Goo Gone.

Long time ago my first husband worked for a discount shoe store chain
that put labels on the sole of the shoes. They had those 'x' cuts and
were almost impossible to remove. Someone told him about the hair dryer
method and I've used it successfully ever since.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On 5/9/2013 5:57 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:

> Long time ago my first husband worked for a discount shoe store chain
> that put labels on the sole of the shoes. They had those 'x' cuts and
> were almost impossible to remove. Someone told him about the hair dryer
> method and I've used it successfully ever since.

Like some DIY show I watched where the guy was struggling to get up
a linoleum floor. I thought he needed a heat gun but his friend
suggested a hair dryer. That actually worked.

Long ago my ex gave his brother some pots, they had a label on each
one that wouldn't budge. While he was heating something up on the
stove, I picked at the label and it came off effortlessly. It was
good for a laugh at the time, but I learned that heat was a good
tool to release glue.

nancy

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

Danny D wrote:
> Just curious, as my current 'magic solution' is water - but maybe
> there is a better medium for dissolving glued paper labels on
> glass bottles for kitchen reuse?
>
> http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/.../12890207.jpeg
>
> My current technique:
> a. Soak for a day or two in water
> b. Scrape with a kitchen fork
> c. Repeat until the label is gone

Goo Gone.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 09 May 2013 16:57:35 -0500, Janet Wilder
> wrote:

>Janet Wilder
>Way-the-heck-south Texas
>Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

I LUV you <wink>

Vittles are good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/9/2013 1:32 PM, Danny D wrote:
> Just curious, as my current 'magic solution' is water - but maybe
> there is a better medium for dissolving glued paper labels on
> glass bottles for kitchen reuse?

(Cross posting snipped)

> http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/.../12890207.jpeg
>
> My current technique:
> a. Soak for a day or two in water
> b. Scrape with a kitchen fork
> c. Repeat until the label is gone

After soaking and scraping (don't screw up a fork, use a safety razor
blade), soak again. Then apply nail polish remover. The kind that
contains acetone. That stuff will take the glue residue off anything.
Then just wash the bottles again.

Jill
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 09 May 2013 15:36:57 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

> Goo Gone.

So many people recommended this stuff, I had to look
it up, via the MSDS:
http://googone.com/GooGone-MSDS

It appears to be roughly 95% petroleum distillates,
and then from 1 to 10% Tripropylene glycol methyl ether.

Googling for what "petroleum distillates" are, Wikipedia
wasn't all that helpful:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum_distillate

Googling some more, it looks like it's the same as
mineral spirits:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_spirit

So, I should be able to buy some at the hardware store.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On 5/9/2013 3:24 PM, zxcvbob wrote:
> Danny D wrote:
>> On Thu, 09 May 2013 17:32:01 +0000, Danny D wrote:
>>
>> EXPERIMENT IN PROGRESS:
>>
>> I am soaking the tough jobs in the suggested solutions, as we speak
>> ... (Note: the gasoline & WD40 are omitted
>> due to the fact that we want to re-use the jars!).
>>
>> Here are the three experiments + one control:
>> http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/12891481.jpg
>>
>> I poured alcohol on the top left; dish detergent at top right;
>> and olive oil in the foreground; with water in the circular
>> tub to the right as the experimental control.
>>
>> Then I filled each container with water and let sit:
>> http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/12891546.jpg
>>
>> Note that everything I've tried in the past has failed
>> on these plastic vitamin and peanut butter jars; so it
>> will be interesting to see what happens in a day or two.
>>

> Peanut butter jars? Why didn't you say so! (those are my favorite jars
> for reuse -- I store bullets in them for reloading) I thought you were
> talking about glass jars.

I believe the OP is writing about glass jars but I like the plastic
unbreakable peanut butter jars for hardware because they can get dropped
and tossed around the van without glass and parts flying. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On 5/9/2013 12:32 PM, Danny D wrote:
> Just curious, as my current 'magic solution' is water - but maybe
> there is a better medium for dissolving glued paper labels on
> glass bottles for kitchen reuse?
>
> http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/.../12890207.jpeg
>
> My current technique:
> a. Soak for a day or two in water
> b. Scrape with a kitchen fork
> c. Repeat until the label is gone

I'm surprised nobody mentioned WD-40. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

Goof Off is a product that works great.

I also just wash in the dishwasher. It loosens them up and they usually
fall off on their own.

"Danny D" > wrote in message
> Just curious, as my current 'magic solution' is water - but maybe
> there is a better medium for dissolving glued paper labels on
> glass bottles for kitchen reuse?
>
> http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/.../12890207.jpeg
>
> My current technique:
> a. Soak for a day or two in water
> b. Scrape with a kitchen fork
> c. Repeat until the label is gone

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On May 9, 1:16*pm, "ChairMan" > wrote:
> Danny D > wrote:
> > Just curious, as my current 'magic solution' is water -
> > but maybe
> > there is a better medium for dissolving glued paper labels
> > on
> > glass bottles for kitchen reuse?

> >http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/.../12890207.jpeg

> > My current technique:
> > a. Soak for a day or two in water
> > b. Scrape with a kitchen fork
> > c. Repeat until the label is gone

> scratch the surface then apply WD 40

Scratch the surface, and moisten with a naptha-soaked rag (in a well-
ventilated area).
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Thu, 09 May 2013 19:35:51 -0500, The Daring Dufas wrote:

> I believe the OP is writing about glass jars but I like the plastic
> unbreakable peanut butter jars for hardware because they can get dropped
> and tossed around the van without glass and parts flying. ^_^

Actually, my mistake for changing jars in the middle of the thread!

I started with glass, but they were so easy to remove the labels
I then moved on to the muuuuch-harder-to-remove plastics vitamin
jars with paper glued on labels.

The plastic vitamin jars have been soaking in the recommended
solutions for the past five or six hours or so:
1. Oil (doesn't look good so far)
2. Soap (looks pretty good)
3. Alcohol (seems the same as the control)
4. Water (the control)

Also I have a peanut-butter jar soaking in water, but, it
appears to have a plastic label, and not paper like
the vitamin jars - so - it's an anomaly.

I'll report back tomorrow ...
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living

"zxcvbob" <> Peanut butter jars? Why didn't you say so! (those are my
favorite jars
> for reuse -- I store bullets in them for reloading) I thought you were
> talking about glass jars.
>
> Fill the jar with hot water, let it sit for a minute so the heat can
> loosen the glue, then carefully peel off the label. Most of the glue will
> come off with the label. You can then use "Bug and Tar Remover" or "Goo
> Gone" to clean off the residue. Orange-based cleaner or turpentine would
> probably work too.

Storing bullets? I had no idea. I'll give one to Mr. Esther. Peanut
butter jars are also fun for a toddler just learning how to open things. A
ping-pong ball ( or a frog) inside a peanut butter jar makes learning to
twist a lid big fun.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Daring Dufas > wrote:
> On 5/9/2013 12:32 PM, Danny D wrote:
>> Just curious, as my current 'magic solution' is water - but maybe
>> there is a better medium for dissolving glued paper labels on
>> glass bottles for kitchen reuse?
>>
>> http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/.../12890207.jpeg
>>
>> My current technique:
>> a. Soak for a day or two in water
>> b. Scrape with a kitchen fork
>> c. Repeat until the label is gone
>>

> I'm surprised nobody mentioned WD-40. ^_^
>
> TDD

It's been mentioned in the cross posted thread.

I use hot water under the tap. Scrape as much off, then use WD40 , scrape
with fingernail, keep going back and forth. On glass lacquer thinner is
best. The fast drying stuff often dries too fast. The mineral spirits in
WD40 dry first, then the thin oil hangs around a while giving work time. On
one car interior problem, I probably used everything including goo gone. It
just too Time and work to get it cleaned off.
Paint remover might work best, as it usually also includes acetone. Plastic
items I often buy, are often a true PITA

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

On 10/05/2013 01:52, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> Goof Off is a product that works great.
>
> I also just wash in the dishwasher. It loosens them up and they usually
> fall off on their own.
>

> "Danny D" > wrote in message
>> Just curious, as my current 'magic solution' is water - but maybe
>> there is a better medium for dissolving glued paper labels on
>> glass bottles for kitchen reuse?
>>
>> http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/.../12890207.jpeg
>>
>> My current technique:
>> a. Soak for a day or two in water
>> b. Scrape with a kitchen fork
>> c. Repeat until the label is gone

The problem with that is there is a tendency for the paper to clog the
dish washer. Try placing the item in the freezer for a while, lots of
labels then peel of whole and with ease.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On 05/09/2013 08:23 PM, Polly Esther wrote:

> Storing bullets? I had no idea. I'll give one to Mr. Esther. Peanut
> butter jars are also fun for a toddler just learning how to open things. A
> ping-pong ball ( or a frog) inside a peanut butter jar makes learning to
> twist a lid big fun.

As an aside, octopi have learned to open screw-top jars.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Luge strategy? Lie flat and try not to die."

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

Oren wrote:

> Try peanut butter, smooth not crunchy.
>
> Cover the label with a thin coat. Allow the paper label to absorb the
> peanut oil - it will come off.

What a coincidence, I use the seeds oil I have on hand which is always
peanut oil
--
"Un pasto senza vino e' come un giorno senza sole"
Anthelme Brillat Savarin

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On May 10, 2:12 am, The Real Bev > wrote:

> As an aside, octopi have learned to open screw-top jars.
>
> --
> Cheers, Bev

Yes, but the ping pong balls float to the
top of the ocean, and they become sad.....

Is there a 'magic' solution for dissolving labels on glassware? Nancy2[_2_] General Cooking 0 10-05-2013 01:38 AM
Glassware N2310D Winemaking 4 18-12-2006 11:33 PM
Dissolving Kosher Salt Muckerheide General Cooking 9 25-11-2005 05:10 AM
Dissolving bentonite Adam Preble Winemaking 6 13-10-2005 05:18 AM
Gluten dissolving culture.... Mike Avery Sourdough 5 18-12-2003 02:21 PM