Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Good Lookin' Pork

On sale this week at half price:
http://i46.tinypic.com/zv37zt.jpg
All seasoned and at the ready:
http://i50.tinypic.com/296dv92.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/9/2013 2:23 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> On sale this week at half price:
> http://i46.tinypic.com/zv37zt.jpg
> All seasoned and at the ready:
> http://i50.tinypic.com/296dv92.jpg

Lookin' good.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 08:09:55 -0500, jay > wrote:

>In article >,
> Brooklyn1 > wrote:
>
>> >I consider it a center cut if you get a T-bone. The nomenclature for
>> >pork is similar to Italian wine i.e. nobody here know WTF it means. I
>> >like the rib chop best for everything but frying. The fried T-bone on
>> >the plate looks good and eats great. The pig is KING! I don't really
>> >care what the package says the cut may be. Many times what is behind
>> >the cello is not as labeled. Sometimes I find a prize cut that is
>> >mis-labeled and of course buy it all. Can't pass up a GV.

>> Doesn't much matter what it's labeled so long as it's good:
>> http://i48.tinypic.com/5khzsm.jpg

>Technique question. The pork looks to have pooling grease on top.

That's water that dropped when I spooned on the veggies... it didn't
show until after I downloaded the picture... by then it was too late,
chop was already eaten.

>I saw that you put the seasoned pork in a cold skillet. I never add 'em
>to the skillet until the skillet is near smoking hot = great sear. My
>chops/etc. are never that greezzy looking. Just wondering why you would
>load thin chops into a cold skillet??

Those aren't thick but they're not thin, they're a good 3/4", I'd say
medium. After trying both ways many times I prefer starting in a cold
pan over med-low heat and letting them cook longer, pork drys out much
less... in a hot pan the pork gets too dry before the middle is
cooked... I don't like rare pork. They're not greezy, the flash makes
them shiney, same way it highlighted that bit of water. If anyone
noticed, that ss pan is well seasoned, ss is seasoned very differently
than cast iron. I add only a little olive oil and no sticking....
check it out again... click on picture, click on view raw image, then
click on picture to enlarge, you'll clearly see the seasoning, same
technique that prevents machined parts from siezing:
http://i50.tinypic.com/1183ais.jpg