Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking

Default The Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food

On Mar 13, 10:33*pm, jon_banquer > wrote:

>Feeling so good that I'm now wanting to exercise more.

I'm so glad for you. You know, I remember those Total Cereal
commercials where you have to eat 9 or 10 bowl fulls a day to get the
recommended fiber, etc. With Metamucil, you can down all of that with
one glassful of water. (and don't forget the apple-a-day)

> Took two very
>long walks today. Was not hungry after either one. Thinking of buying
> a used ten speed bike. Don't even know if they still make them.

They
> were big when I was a kid.

The handle bars just change every so odd years.
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking

On Mar 14, 10:53*am, Transition Zone > wrote:
> On Mar 13, 10:33*pm, jon_banquer > wrote:
>
> *>Feeling so good that I'm now wanting to exercise more.
>
> I'm so glad for you. You know, I remember those Total Cereal
> commercials where you have to eat 9 or 10 bowl fulls a day to get the
> recommended fiber, etc. *With Metamucil, you can down all of that with
> one glassful of water. *(and don't forget the apple-a-day)
>
> > *Took two very
> >long walks today. Was not hungry after either one. Thinking of buying

> *> *a used ten speed bike. Don't even know if they still make them.
> They
>
> > were big when I was a kid.

> The handle bars just change every so odd years.

Thanks! I appreciate the support!

I hope what I share might help someone else who doesn''t feel great
and wants to feel better. I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up eating
almost exclusively raw foods after I lose 35 more pounds. I just
prefer to eat this way now as my tastes have changed.

Going to try and find a used ten speed this weekend.
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking

> Going to try and find a used ten speed this weekend.

remember the ''bus trick" i told you about
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking

On Mar 14, 3:50*pm, jon_banquer > wrote:
> On Mar 14, 10:53*am, Transition Zone > wrote:
>

> > On Mar 13, 10:33*pm, jon_banquer > wrote:

> > *>Feeling so good that I'm now wanting to exercise more.

> > I'm so glad for you. You know, I remember those Total Cereal
> > commercials where you have to eat 9 or 10 bowl fulls a day to get the
> > recommended fiber, etc. *With Metamucil, you can down all of that with
> > one glassful of water. *(and don't forget the apple-a-day)

> > > *Took two very
> > >long walks today. Was not hungry after either one. Thinking of buying

> > *> *a used ten speed bike. Don't even know if they still make them.
> > They

> > > were big when I was a kid.

> > The handle bars just change every so odd years.

> Thanks! I appreciate the support!
>
> I hope what I share might help someone else who doesn''t feel great
> and wants to feel better. I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up eating
> almost exclusively raw foods after I lose 35 more pounds. I just
> prefer to eat this way now as my tastes have changed.
>
> Going to try and find a used ten speed this weekend.

Purchased some beets today. Going to try beets when juicing instead of
apples. Someone was kind enough to suggest this to me yesterday on
Twitter.
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking

On Mar 14, 9:34*pm, jon_banquer > wrote:
> On Mar 14, 3:50*pm, jon_banquer > wrote:
>

> > On Mar 14, 10:53*am, Transition Zone > wrote:

> > > On Mar 13, 10:33*pm, jon_banquer > wrote:

> > > *>Feeling so good that I'm now wanting to exercise more.

> > > I'm so glad for you. You know, I remember those Total Cereal
> > > commercials where you have to eat 9 or 10 bowl fulls a day to get the
> > > recommended fiber, etc. *With Metamucil, you can down all of that with
> > > one glassful of water. *(and don't forget the apple-a-day)

> > > *> *a used ten speed bike. Don't even know if they still make them.
> > > They

> > > The handle bars just change every so odd years.

> > Thanks! I appreciate the support!

> > I hope what I share might help someone else who doesn''t feel great
> > and wants to feel better. I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up eating
> > almost exclusively raw foods after I lose 35 more pounds. I just
> > prefer to eat this way now as my tastes have changed.

> > Going to try and find a used ten speed this weekend.

> Purchased some beets today. Going to try beets when juicing instead of
> apples. Someone was kind enough to suggest this to me yesterday on
> Twitter.

Do beets contain malic acid?

The malic acid contained in apples promotes the absorption of minerals
from your juice and food.

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking

On Mar 15, 4:26*am, "John H. Gohde" > wrote:
> On Mar 14, 9:34*pm, jon_banquer > wrote:

> > > Thanks! I appreciate the support!

> > > I hope what I share might help someone else who doesn''t feel great
> > > and wants to feel better. I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up eating
> > > almost exclusively raw foods after I lose 35 more pounds. I just
> > > prefer to eat this way now as my tastes have changed.

> > > Going to try and find a used ten speed this weekend.

> > Purchased some beets today. Going to try beets when juicing instead of
> > apples. Someone was kind enough to suggest this to me yesterday on
> > Twitter.

> Do beets contain malic acid?
>
> The malic acid contained in apples promotes the absorption of minerals
> from your juice and food.

I don't know if beets contain malic acid. I'll look into it.
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking

On Mar 15, 4:26*am, "John H. Gohde" > wrote:
> On Mar 14, 9:34*pm, jon_banquer > wrote:

> > > Thanks! I appreciate the support!

> > > I hope what I share might help someone else who doesn''t feel great
> > > and wants to feel better. I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up eating
> > > almost exclusively raw foods after I lose 35 more pounds. I just
> > > prefer to eat this way now as my tastes have changed.

> > > Going to try and find a used ten speed this weekend.

> > Purchased some beets today. Going to try beets when juicing instead of
> > apples. Someone was kind enough to suggest this to me yesterday on
> > Twitter.

> Do beets contain malic acid?
>
> The malic acid contained in apples promotes the absorption of minerals
> from your juice and food.

Not relevant to me now, John because I tired using just beets and they
don't add enough sweetness like the 2 Fuji apples do. However, beets
do give the juice I'm making a nice flavor so I'll keep adding them if
they don't effect my blood sugar. I haven't checked it yet. Can I get
the link to your blog again. I want to start doing some reading.
Thanks!
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking

On Mar 15, 4:39*pm, jon_banquer > wrote:
> On Mar 15, 4:26*am, "John H. Gohde" > wrote:

> > > Purchased some beets today. Going to try beets when juicing instead of
> > > apples. Someone was kind enough to suggest this to me yesterday on
> > > Twitter.

> > Do beets contain malic acid?

> > The malic acid contained in apples promotes the absorption of minerals
> > from your juice and food.

> Not relevant to me now, John because I tired using just beets and they
> don't add enough sweetness like the 2 Fuji apples do. However, beets
> do give the juice I'm making a nice flavor so I'll keep adding them if
> they don't effect my blood sugar. I haven't checked it yet. Can I get
> the link to your blog again. I want to start doing some reading.
> Thanks!

It is a classical Web site, rather than a Blog.

http://naturalhealthperspective.com/
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking

On Mar 14, 6:50*pm, jon_banquer > wrote:
> On Mar 14, 10:53*am, Transition Zone > wrote:
>

> > On Mar 13, 10:33*pm, jon_banquer > wrote:

> > *>Feeling so good that I'm now wanting to exercise more.

> > I'm so glad for you. You know, I remember those Total Cereal
> > commercials where you have to eat 9 or 10 bowl fulls a day to get the
> > recommended fiber, etc. *With Metamucil, you can down all of that with
> > one glassful of water. *(and don't forget the apple-a-day)

> > > *Took two very
> > >long walks today. Was not hungry after either one. Thinking of buying

> > *> *a used ten speed bike. Don't even know if they still make them.
> > They

> > > were big when I was a kid.

> > The handle bars just change every so odd years.

> Thanks! I appreciate the support!
>
>I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up eating
> almost exclusively raw foods after I lose 35 more pounds.

The thing is that raw vegetation and the fiber, protein and nutrients
that come with it have formed the 14 or 15 million years of pre-human
existance. In the 1700's humanity starts eating processed foods and
wonders why all the health problems start.

(I don't know whether to laugh or cry)
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking

"Transition Zone" > wrote in message
The thing is that raw vegetation and the fiber, protein and nutrients
that come with it have formed the 14 or 15 million years of pre-human
existance. In the 1700's humanity starts eating processed foods and
wonders why all the health problems start.

(I don't know whether to laugh or cry)

Neither, get yourself a -real- education.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.1285199

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking

On Mar 16, 11:36*am, "Jim Wilkins" > wrote:
> "Transition Zone" > wrote in message

> The thing is that raw vegetation and the fiber, protein and nutrients
> that come with it have formed the 14 or 15 million years of pre-human
> existance. *In the 1700's humanity starts eating processed foods and
> wonders why all the health problems start.
>
> (I don't know whether to laugh or cry)
>
> Neither, get yourself a -real- education.http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...logged-arterie...

Explain your reasons for the dramatic rise in diabetes and obesity in
Americans.

Explain why I was able to remove myself from insulin and then
Metformin and Glipizide by eating mostly raw foods.

In addition, over the last 3 weeks I lost 20 pounds with very minimal
exercise (walking). I expect to lose 5 more pounds by next Friday with
increased exercise.

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking

On Mar 16, 2:36*pm, "Jim Wilkins" > wrote:
> "Transition Zone" > wrote in message

> The thing is that raw vegetation and the fiber, protein and nutrients
> that come with it have formed the 14 or 15 million years of pre-human
> existance. *In the 1700's humanity starts eating processed foods and
> wonders why all the health problems start.
>
> (I don't know whether to laugh or cry)
>
> Neither, get yourself a -real- education.http://

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...logged-arterie...

I didn't say that *every single* diet was one way or another, its just
that mass processed foods, drinks, candies from multi-national
companies found its beginnings at around the time of the industrial
revolution. Food that humanity mostly wasn't used to.
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking

On Mar 18, 9:18*am, Transition Zone > wrote:
> On Mar 16, 2:36*pm, "Jim Wilkins" > wrote:> "Transition Zone" > wrote in message

> > The thing is that raw vegetation and the fiber, protein and nutrients
> > that come with it have formed the 14 or 15 million years of pre-human
> > existance. *In the 1700's humanity starts eating processed foods and
> > wonders why all the health problems start.

> > (I don't know whether to laugh or cry)

> * > * Neither, *get yourself a -real- education.http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...logged-arterie...
>
> I didn't say that *every single* diet was one way or another, its just
> that mass processed foods, drinks, candies from multi-national
> companies found its beginnings at around the time of the industrial
> revolution. *Food that humanity mostly wasn't used to.

It's not even right to label what many multi-national companies
produce as food. They are food like products, none of which I'm
willing to eat any longer.
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking

On Mar 18, 12:28*pm, jon_banquer > wrote:
> On Mar 18, 9:18*am, Transition Zone > wrote:
>

> > On Mar 16, 2:36*pm, "Jim Wilkins" > wrote:> "Transition Zone" > wrote in message

> > > The thing is that raw vegetation and the fiber, protein and nutrients
> > > that come with it have formed the 14 or 15 million years of pre-human
> > > existance. *In the 1700's humanity starts eating processed foods and
> > > wonders why all the health problems start.

> > > (I don't know whether to laugh or cry)

> > * > * Neither, *get yourself a -real- education.http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...logged-arterie...

> > I didn't say that *every single* diet was one way or another, its just
> > that mass processed foods, drinks, candies from multi-national
> > companies found its beginnings at around the time of the industrial
> > revolution. *Food that humanity mostly wasn't used to.

> It's not even right to label what many multi-national companies
> produce as food. They are food like products, none of which I'm
> willing to eat any longer.

Bravo!
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking

On Mar 18, 12:28*pm, jon_banquer > wrote:
> On Mar 18, 9:18*am, Transition Zone > wrote:
>

> > On Mar 16, 2:36*pm, "Jim Wilkins" > wrote:> "Transition Zone" > wrote in message

> > > The thing is that raw vegetation and the fiber, protein and nutrients
> > > that come with it have formed the 14 or 15 million years of pre-human
> > > existance. *In the 1700's humanity starts eating processed foods and
> > > wonders why all the health problems start.

> > > (I don't know whether to laugh or cry)

> > * > * Neither, *get yourself a -real- education.http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...logged-arterie...

> > I didn't say that *every single* diet was one way or another, its just
> > that mass processed foods, drinks, candies from multi-national
> > companies found its beginnings at around the time of the industrial
> > revolution. *Food that humanity mostly wasn't used to.

> It's not even right to label what many multi-national companies
>produce as food. They are food like products, none of which I'm
> willing to eat any longer.

Its best to say that you'll at least *try* to cut back. Everyone
tries to stop what they've been doing all of their life and has a
tough time. Every now and then, you'll probably endulge.

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking

On Mar 18, 10:22*am, Transition Zone > wrote:
> On Mar 18, 12:28*pm, jon_banquer > wrote:

> > > * > * Neither, *get yourself a -real- education.http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...logged-arterie...

> > > I didn't say that *every single* diet was one way or another, its just
> > > that mass processed foods, drinks, candies from multi-national
> > > companies found its beginnings at around the time of the industrial
> > > revolution. *Food that humanity mostly wasn't used to.

> *> *It's not even right to label what many multi-national companies>produce as food. *They are food like products, none of which I'm
>
> * > *willing to eat any longer.
>
> Its best to say that you'll at least *try* to cut back. *Everyone
> tries to stop what they've been doing all of their life and has a
> tough time. *Every now and then, you'll probably endulge.

Once I'm done, I'm done. I'm all done with man made food like
products.

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking

On Mar 18, 1:22*pm, Transition Zone > wrote:
> On Mar 18, 12:28*pm, jon_banquer > wrote:

> > > * > * Neither, *get yourself a -real- education.http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...logged-arterie...

> > > I didn't say that *every single* diet was one way or another, its just
> > > that mass processed foods, drinks, candies from multi-national
> > > companies found its beginnings at around the time of the industrial
> > > revolution. *Food that humanity mostly wasn't used to.

> *> *It's not even right to label what many multi-national companies>produce as food. *They are food like products, none of which I'm
>
> * > *willing to eat any longer.
>
> Its best to say that you'll at least *try* to cut back. *Everyone
> tries to stop what they've been doing all of their life and has a
> tough time. *Every now and then, you'll probably endulge.

*indulge* - I spelled that wrong.
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking

On Mar 18, 10:24*am, jon_banquer > wrote:
> On Mar 18, 10:22*am, Transition Zone > wrote:

> > *> *It's not even right to label what many multi-national companies>produce as food. *They are food like products, none of which I'm

> > * > *willing to eat any longer.

> > Its best to say that you'll at least *try* to cut back. *Everyone
> > tries to stop what they've been doing all of their life and has a
> > tough time. *Every now and then, you'll probably endulge.

> Once I'm done, I'm done. I'm all done with man made food like
> products.

The weight loss continues. Should be no problem reaching 25 pounds
lost by the end of this week. I'm slowly adding things to my juice
diet. Today I had Tuna Fish Supreme from Jimbo's.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

That's right. Exercise more. Also you need fat to burn other fat, and also fat makes you full because of the flavor that it adds to the meal. I know it is kind of ironic to know that fat makes you lose fat but that's the truth.

Are you following a special diet? Something like Paleo diet perhaps?

Well, I am and I couldn't be happier with the results.

http://cooklikeacaveman.com/paleo-cookbook-review/
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking

On Mar 18, 5:46*pm, jon_banquer > wrote:
> On Mar 18, 10:24*am, jon_banquer > wrote:

> > > *> *It's not even right to label what many multi-national companies>produce as food. *They are food like products, none of which I'm

> > > * > *willing to eat any longer.

> > > Its best to say that you'll at least *try* to cut back. *Everyone
> > > tries to stop what they've been doing all of their life and has a
> > > tough time. *Every now and then, you'll probably endulge.

> > Once I'm done, I'm done. I'm all done with man made food like
> > products.

> The weight loss continues. Should be no problem reaching 25 pounds
> lost by the end of this week. I'm slowly adding things to my juice
> diet. Today I had Tuna Fish Supreme from Jimbo's.

I've now reached 25 pounds of weight loss despite having to cut back
on long walks this week. Have totally changed the way I eat and I
believe I've changed the way I eat permanently. Still juicing but
eating salads, tuna fish, egg whites with hot sauce. Able to tolerate
raw honey in small amounts and small glasses of carrot juice.

I'm not eating any dairy, no meats of any kind, no unrefined sugar, no
man made chemical like products.

Haven't checked my blood sugar in 4 or 5 days. Don't see the need.

Still have to take Atenolol for high blood pressure. Tried not taking
it... blood pressure numbers went nuts. Still have to take Florastor
which is an over the counter expensive probiotic

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking

> Still have to take Atenolol for high blood pressure. Tried not taking
> it... blood pressure numbers went nuts. Still have to take Florastor
> which is an over the counter expensive probiotic

Your a mess. Forget juicin. Load the pistol and be done with it.

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking

On Mar 23, 1:26*pm, jon_banquer > wrote:
> On Mar 18, 5:46*pm, jon_banquer > wrote:

> > > Once I'm done, I'm done. I'm all done with man made food like
> > > products.

> > The weight loss continues. Should be no problem reaching 25 pounds
> > lost by the end of this week. I'm slowly adding things to my juice
> > diet. Today I had Tuna Fish Supreme from Jimbo's.

> I've now reached 25 pounds of weight loss despite having to cut back
> on long walks this week. Have totally changed the way I eat and I
> believe I've changed the way I eat permanently. Still juicing but
> eating salads, tuna fish, egg whites with hot sauce. Able to tolerate
> raw honey in small amounts and small glasses of carrot juice.
>
> I'm not eating any dairy, no meats of any kind, no unrefined sugar, no
> man made chemical like products.
>
> Haven't checked my blood sugar in 4 or 5 days. Don't see the need.
>
> Still have to take Atenolol for high blood pressure. Tried not taking
> it... blood pressure numbers went nuts. Still have to take Florastor
> which is an over the counter expensive probiotic

Still can't believe I've lost 25 pounds. I don't believe it has
anything to do with will power. Think it has everything to do with
wanting to feel much better and with listening to what my body is
telling me it wants.
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking

> Still can't believe I've lost 25 pounds. I don't believe it has
> anything to do with will power. Think it has everything to do with
> wanting to feel much better and with listening to what my body is
> telling me it wants.

Your a mess. Forget juicin. Load the pistol and be done with it.
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking

On Mar 23, 2:22*pm, jon_banquer > wrote:
> On Mar 23, 1:26*pm, jon_banquer > wrote:

> > > The weight loss continues. Should be no problem reaching 25 pounds
> > > lost by the end of this week. I'm slowly adding things to my juice
> > > diet. Today I had Tuna Fish Supreme from Jimbo's.

> > I've now reached 25 pounds of weight loss despite having to cut back
> > on long walks this week. Have totally changed the way I eat and I
> > believe I've changed the way I eat permanently. Still juicing but
> > eating salads, tuna fish, egg whites with hot sauce. Able to tolerate
> > raw honey in small amounts and small glasses of carrot juice.

> > I'm not eating any dairy, no meats of any kind, no unrefined sugar, no
> > man made chemical like products.

> > Haven't checked my blood sugar in 4 or 5 days. Don't see the need.

> > Still have to take Atenolol for high blood pressure. Tried not taking
> > it... blood pressure numbers went nuts. Still have to take Florastor
> > which is an over the counter expensive probiotic

> Still can't believe I've lost 25 pounds. I don't believe it has
> anything to do with will power. Think it has everything to do with
> wanting to feel much better and with listening to what my body is
> telling me it wants.

I'm wondering if the weight loss will slow down in the next 4 weeks or
continue at the same rate.
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking

On Mar 23, 3:11*pm, jon_banquer > wrote:
> On Mar 23, 2:22*pm, jon_banquer > wrote:

> > > I've now reached 25 pounds of weight loss despite having to cut back
> > > on long walks this week. Have totally changed the way I eat and I
> > > believe I've changed the way I eat permanently. Still juicing but
> > > eating salads, tuna fish, egg whites with hot sauce. Able to tolerate
> > > raw honey in small amounts and small glasses of carrot juice.

> > > I'm not eating any dairy, no meats of any kind, no unrefined sugar, no
> > > man made chemical like products.

> > > Haven't checked my blood sugar in 4 or 5 days. Don't see the need.

> > > Still have to take Atenolol for high blood pressure. Tried not taking
> > > it... blood pressure numbers went nuts. Still have to take Florastor
> > > which is an over the counter expensive probiotic

> > Still can't believe I've lost 25 pounds. I don't believe it has
> > anything to do with will power. Think it has everything to do with
> > wanting to feel much better and with listening to what my body is
> > telling me it wants.

> I'm wondering if the weight loss will slow down in the next 4 weeks or
> continue at the same rate.

Gained 2 pounds.

Not enough exercise. Didn't walk this week. Too much chicken salad?
Too much turkey salad?

Looks like the last 30 pounds are going to be much harder to lose.

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 28, 2:17*pm, jon_banquer > wrote:

If you are interested in a more ancestral way of eating check out this
guy.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com

It will take you a while to read everything. He's right on the
money.

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,rec.food.cooking

On Apr 12, 7:33*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
> On Mar 28, 2:17*pm, jon_banquer > wrote:
>
> If you are interested in a more ancestral way of eating check out this
> guy.
>
> http://www.marksdailyapple.com
>
> It will take you a while to read everything. * He's right on the
> money.

People like to hear good news about their bad habits.

You have my condolences.