Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Spring Forward Time - Dang, already ?!

Sky wrote:
> Just a friendly reminder to folks who have to observe "daylight
> savings time" .......
>
> ..... it's "Spring Forward" ....
>
> which means it's time to change clocks one hour forward ! 20130310!
>
> Sky 20130309-1930CST

Only here in the US. The changeover still happens later, and earlier
for the change back to standard time, in other parts of the world.
E.g., with all the news about new Pope, it's now 5 hours instead of 6 to
Italy. And I also know that Israel doesn't change until later, either
(although I don't know if Israel and Italy change at the same time).

And it doesn't even happen in all parts of the US - some places don't
observe DST here.

-S-

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 10:33:37 -0400, "Steve Freides" >
wrote:

> And it doesn't even happen in all parts of the US - some places don't
> observe DST here.

Good for them! I was brought up in Michigan before they went to DST
and remember listening to the radio stations feeling sorry for all
those poor schlubs in Chicago who had to bounce back and forth all the
time. It didn't make sense to me as a kid and it doesn't make sense
to me as an adult.... it's a stupid thing to be doing in this day and
age.
http://blog.sfgate.com/science/2013/...t-saving-time/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/11/2013 10:33 AM, Steve Freides wrote:
> Sky wrote:
>> Just a friendly reminder to folks who have to observe "daylight
>> savings time" .......
>>
>> ..... it's "Spring Forward" ....
>>
>> which means it's time to change clocks one hour forward ! 20130310!
>>
>> Sky 20130309-1930CST

> Only here in the US. The changeover still happens later, and earlier
> for the change back to standard time, in other parts of the world.
> E.g., with all the news about new Pope, it's now 5 hours instead of 6 to
> Italy. And I also know that Israel doesn't change until later, either
> (although I don't know if Israel and Italy change at the same time).
>
> And it doesn't even happen in all parts of the US - some places don't
> observe DST here.

Indiana used to be kind of strange with part of the state observing, and
part not. I think the whole state does now, even though part of it
isn't in the eastern time zone. That still must be kind of strange if
you have friends or family one county away in the same state and it's a
different time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:
> On 3/11/2013 10:33 AM, Steve Freides wrote:
>> Sky wrote:
>>> Just a friendly reminder to folks who have to observe "daylight
>>> savings time" .......
>>>
>>> ..... it's "Spring Forward" ....
>>>
>>> which means it's time to change clocks one hour forward ! 20130310!
>>>
>>> Sky 20130309-1930CST

>> Only here in the US. The changeover still happens later, and earlier
>> for the change back to standard time, in other parts of the world.
>> E.g., with all the news about new Pope, it's now 5 hours instead of
>> 6 to Italy. And I also know that Israel doesn't change until later,
>> either (although I don't know if Israel and Italy change at the same
>> time). And it doesn't even happen in all parts of the US - some
>> places don't
>> observe DST here.
>>

> Indiana used to be kind of strange with part of the state observing,
> and part not. I think the whole state does now, even though part of
> it isn't in the eastern time zone. That still must be kind of
> strange if you have friends or family one county away in the same
> state and it's a different time.

There's some place out West that doesn't observe DST, either - Utah,
maybe, or Nevada - I can't remember right now and am too lazy to look it
up.

-S-

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-03-11, Steve Freides > wrote:

> maybe, or Nevada - I can't remember right now and am too lazy to look it
> up.

AZ

Spring Forward Dimitri General Cooking 28 10-03-2009 06:53 PM
Spring Forward thinking breakfast... Mr. Bill[_2_] General Cooking 2 08-03-2009 06:23 PM
About dang time! krom Diabetic 7 02-11-2008 08:40 PM
Spring Forward StrHaberry Jam The Joneses Preserving 7 29-04-2006 12:11 AM
Spring forward BOB Barbecue 0 03-04-2005 05:14 AM