Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default About dang time!

Splenda with fiber...or in other words no maltowhatever as the filler!

YAY

It taste much better then the old splenda and doesnt create a foamy slick on
top of yer glass of iced tea when u add it like the old did from the large
bag.

My only gripe is that they are as expected in the US using soluble corn
fiber as the carrier..and while its not corn starch or hfs it annoys me they
keep finding ways to put it in every dang thing..lol

they could have used any water soluble fiber...you just know the gov "urged"
them to use corn..lol

Ahh well its a small gripe...

I give it a big thumbs up.

KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I saw this in the supermarket recently:

http://www.csrsugar.com.au/ViewProduct.aspx?id=15

I was a bit mind-boggled as the calorie and carb count was the same as for
sugar. The product is 99.5% sugar and 0.5% aspartame. When I looked it up on
the web at home I realised they claim you only need to use half as much of
this as you would sugar on its own but I am a bit cynical.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 01:23:54 -0500, "krom"
> wrote:

>Splenda with fiber...or in other words no maltowhatever as the filler!

I import liquid Splenda with fiber - called Fiberfit - from Netrition
in Canada. Great stuff - and customs are sitting on a batch as we
speak, mutter...

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.4% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

lol..thats silly...splenda alone or splenda with a tol...like erythritol is
great and much much lower carb.

KROM

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>I saw this in the supermarket recently:
>
> http://www.csrsugar.com.au/ViewProduct.aspx?id=15
>
> I was a bit mind-boggled as the calorie and carb count was the same as for
> sugar. The product is 99.5% sugar and 0.5% aspartame. When I looked it up
> on the web at home I realised they claim you only need to use half as much
> of this as you would sugar on its own but I am a bit cynical.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

yeah but that costs alot..this is same price as reg splenda..no shipping
cost and avail at the stre 5 blocks from me..lol

KROM

"Nicky" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 01:23:54 -0500, "krom"
> > wrote:
>
>>Splenda with fiber...or in other words no maltowhatever as the filler!

> I import liquid Splenda with fiber - called Fiberfit - from Netrition
> in Canada. Great stuff - and customs are sitting on a batch as we
> speak, mutter...
>
> Nicky.
> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
> Last A1c 5.4% BMI 25

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Ozgirl" > wrote:

> I saw this in the supermarket recently:
>
> http://www.csrsugar.com.au/ViewProduct.aspx?id=15
>
> I was a bit mind-boggled as the calorie and carb count was the same as for
> sugar. The product is 99.5% sugar and 0.5% aspartame. When I looked it up on
> the web at home I realised they claim you only need to use half as much of
> this as you would sugar on its own but I am a bit cynical.

There's similar stuff with Splenda here. As far as I understand, it's
for baking stuff where sugar adds texture and structure as well as
taste. If you use half sugar and half Splenda to make something like
that, you're getting the filler in the Splenda (and a few extra grams of
carb). The pre-blended stuff doesn't have the maltodextrin. But, yaknow,
I can't think of anyone who'd object to the maltodextrin carbs who
wouldn't object even more to the sugar carbs!

--
"[xxx] has very definite opinions, and does not suffer fools lightly.
This, apparently, upsets the fools."
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alice Faber wrote:
> In article >,
> "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>
>> I saw this in the supermarket recently:
>>
>> http://www.csrsugar.com.au/ViewProduct.aspx?id=15
>>
>> I was a bit mind-boggled as the calorie and carb count was the same
>> as for sugar. The product is 99.5% sugar and 0.5% aspartame. When I
>> looked it up on the web at home I realised they claim you only need
>> to use half as much of this as you would sugar on its own but I am a
>> bit cynical.

> There's similar stuff with Splenda here. As far as I understand, it's
> for baking stuff where sugar adds texture and structure as well as
> taste. If you use half sugar and half Splenda to make something like
> that, you're getting the filler in the Splenda (and a few extra grams
> of carb). The pre-blended stuff doesn't have the maltodextrin. But,
> yaknow, I can't think of anyone who'd object to the maltodextrin
> carbs who wouldn't object even more to the sugar carbs!

If the product was half and half I could understand but 99.5% sugar?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Ozgirl" > wrote:

> Alice Faber wrote:
> > In article >,
> > "Ozgirl" > wrote:
> >
> >> I saw this in the supermarket recently:
> >>
> >> http://www.csrsugar.com.au/ViewProduct.aspx?id=15
> >>
> >> I was a bit mind-boggled as the calorie and carb count was the same
> >> as for sugar. The product is 99.5% sugar and 0.5% aspartame. When I
> >> looked it up on the web at home I realised they claim you only need
> >> to use half as much of this as you would sugar on its own but I am a
> >> bit cynical.

> > There's similar stuff with Splenda here. As far as I understand, it's
> > for baking stuff where sugar adds texture and structure as well as
> > taste. If you use half sugar and half Splenda to make something like
> > that, you're getting the filler in the Splenda (and a few extra grams
> > of carb). The pre-blended stuff doesn't have the maltodextrin. But,
> > yaknow, I can't think of anyone who'd object to the maltodextrin
> > carbs who wouldn't object even more to the sugar carbs!

> If the product was half and half I could understand but 99.5% sugar?

By weight it would be 99.5% sugar. However, if you use half as much by
volume for the same sweetening power, it would be half the carbs.
(Remember how damn fluffy the Splenda is in the regular package, and how
much of that is filler)

--
"[xxx] has very definite opinions, and does not suffer fools lightly.
This, apparently, upsets the fools."
---BB cuts to the pith of a flame-fest

Spring Forward Time - Dang, already ?! Steve Freides[_2_] General Cooking 4 11-03-2013 11:12 PM
Dang! George Shirley[_2_] Preserving 32 04-09-2011 10:29 AM
Dang! Little Malice General Cooking 0 19-07-2007 12:11 AM
Dang! Did EVERYBODY go down for a nap? Ninety Nine General Cooking 0 01-02-2007 05:34 PM