Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Heinz sold for $23 Billion

Heinz, a brand in virtually every American kitchen, is selling itself
for $23 billion to another household name— Warren Buffett—and a
Brazilian private-equity firm that is anything but.

Read more here
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...925078030.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message

> Heinz, a brand in virtually every American kitchen, is selling itself
> for $23 billion to another household name- Warren Buffett-and a
> Brazilian private-equity firm that is anything but.
>
> Read more here
> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...925078030.html
>
> --

Only if you pay the fee!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote in
:

> Heinz, a brand in virtually every American kitchen, is selling itself
> for $23 billion to another household name— Warren Buffett—and a
> Brazilian private-equity firm that is anything but.
>
> Read more here
> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...83037339250780
> 30.html

BFD.

It's a shit product anyway.

The Heinz baked beans are crap, their spaghetti is crap.... it's bland
boring shite.

--
Peter
Brisbane

Success isn't so difficult.
Just bite off more than you can chew,
then go do it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 15, 2013 8:40:44 AM UTC-6, sf wrote:
> Heinz, a brand in virtually every American kitchen, is selling itself
>
> for $23 billion to another household name— Warren Buffett—and a
>
> Brazilian private-equity firm that is anything but.

Heck, it's even in my kitchen (ketchup in fridge).

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 07:21:40 -0800 (PST), Bryan
> wrote:

> On Friday, February 15, 2013 8:40:44 AM UTC-6, sf wrote:
> > Heinz, a brand in virtually every American kitchen, is selling itself
> >
> > for $23 billion to another household name— Warren Buffett—and a
> >
> > Brazilian private-equity firm that is anything but.
> >

> Heck, it's even in my kitchen (ketchup in fridge).

I'm reaching the end of my bottle of regular Heinz, so I bought a
bottle of Simply Heinz the other day (significantly more expensive
than what I usually buy) since I was thinking about it. Double
checking: Is that the one posters here say is so good? If it's not, I
haven't opened it yet.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 08:16:36 -0700, "graham" > wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> >
> > Heinz, a brand in virtually every American kitchen, is selling itself
> > for $23 billion to another household name- Warren Buffett-and a
> > Brazilian private-equity firm that is anything but.
> >
> > Read more here
> > http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...925078030.html
> >
> > --

> Only if you pay the fee!

Fee? What fee?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 08:16:36 -0700, "graham" > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > Heinz, a brand in virtually every American kitchen, is selling itself
>> > for $23 billion to another household name- Warren Buffett-and a
>> > Brazilian private-equity firm that is anything but.
>> >
>> > Read more here
>> > http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...925078030.html
>> >
>> > --

>> Only if you pay the fee!
>>

> Fee? What fee?

There's a paywall with that link.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> Heinz, a brand in virtually every American kitchen, is selling itself
>> for $23 billion to another household name— Warren Buffett—and a
>> Brazilian private-equity firm that is anything but.
>>
>> Read more here
>> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...83037339250780
>> 30.html
>>

>BFD.
>
>It's a shit product anyway.
>
>The Heinz baked beans are crap, their spaghetti is crap.... it's bland
>boring shite.

We woke up grumpy today, did we?
She offered an article to be read. A lot of us like to keep informed
as to what is going on in the world of food and who the players are.
Janet us
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in
news

> "sf" > wrote in message
>>
>> Heinz, a brand in virtually every American kitchen, is selling itself
>> for $23 billion to another household name- Warren Buffett-and a
>> Brazilian private-equity firm that is anything but.
>>
>> Read more here
>> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...78303733925078
>> 030.html
>>
>> --

> Only if you pay the fee!

You have to forgive Barbara....... she was, after all, a 'special' school
teacher.

Not much intelligence required.

--
Peter
Brisbane
Australia

Success isn't so difficult.
Just bite off more than you can chew,
then go do it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 08:36:28 -0700, "graham" > wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message

> >> Only if you pay the fee!
> >>

> > Fee? What fee?
> >

> There's a paywall with that link.

Huh. Not for me - I've never paid for access.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Bostwick > wrote in
:

> On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:20:47 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back" >
> wrote:
>
>>sf > wrote in
m:

>>> Heinz, a brand in virtually every American kitchen, is selling

itself
>>> for $23 billion to another household name— Warren Buffett—and a
>>> Brazilian private-equity firm that is anything but.
>>>
>>> Read more here

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...83037339250780
>>> 30.html
>>>

>>BFD.
>>
>>It's a shit product anyway.
>>
>>The Heinz baked beans are crap, their spaghetti is crap.... it's bland
>>boring shite.

> We woke up grumpy today, did we?

LOL!! No.

It's coming up to bedtime here.

> She offered an article to be read.

As have I in the past... and they has been 'howled down' by her and her
scaly mates.

However, I stand by my comments...... Heinz is a shit product, and
anyone who extols the virtues of it has absolutely no taste whatsoever.

> A lot of us like to keep informed

I'd rethink the "A lot of us" comment...... seems most over your way
aren't concerned one iota about what happens outside their own little
bubble.

> as to what is going on in the world of food and who the players are.

Yes, I like to keep abreast of *all* happenings in the world.

Unfortunately, there are some here that are so closeted that they really
don't know that a world exists outside their bubble.

--
Peter
Brisbane
Australia

Success isn't so difficult.
Just bite off more than you can chew,
then go do it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 08:40:37 -0700, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:20:47 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back" >
> wrote:
>
> >sf > wrote in
> :
> >

> >> Heinz, a brand in virtually every American kitchen, is selling itself
> >> for $23 billion to another household name— Warren Buffett—and a
> >> Brazilian private-equity firm that is anything but.
> >>
> >> Read more here
> >> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...83037339250780
> >> 30.html
> >>

> >BFD.
> >
> >It's a shit product anyway.
> >
> >The Heinz baked beans are crap, their spaghetti is crap.... it's bland
> >boring shite.

> We woke up grumpy today, did we?
> She offered an article to be read. A lot of us like to keep informed
> as to what is going on in the world of food and who the players are.
> Janet us

Warren Buffet didn't get so rich by making bad decisions either.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote in
:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...45783037339250
>> > 78030.html
>> >
>> > --

>> Only if you pay the fee!
>>

> Fee? What fee?

Yep, you check out the links you post, don't you? NOT!!!

No wonder your education system is so shit.

--
Peter
Brisbane
Australia

Success isn't so difficult.
Just bite off more than you can chew,
then go do it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote in
:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...04578303733925

>> >BFD.
>> >
>> >It's a shit product anyway.
>> >
>> >The Heinz baked beans are crap, their spaghetti is crap.... it's
>> >bland boring shite.

>> We woke up grumpy today, did we?
>> She offered an article to be read. A lot of us like to keep informed
>> as to what is going on in the world of food and who the players are.
>> Janet us

> Warren Buffet didn't get so rich by making bad decisions either.

LOL!! Gotta love old Barbara's tactic at replying to people who reply to
me, but ignoring me whilst leaving my comments in, after spending so
much time talking to me..... just to 'show' me that she's KF'd me :-)

It's quite pathetic really.

--
Peter
Brisbane
Australia

Success isn't so difficult.
Just bite off more than you can chew,
then go do it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote in
:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...80045783037339

>> > Fee? What fee?
>> >

>> There's a paywall with that link.
>>

> Huh. Not for me - I've never paid for access.

Do you even *look* at or check out the links you post??

Obviously not.

Which brings the 'special school' response of "Huh? from you"

--
Peter
Brisbane
Australia

Success isn't so difficult.
Just bite off more than you can chew,
then go do it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 08:36:28 -0700, "graham" > wrote:

-snip-

>> > Fee? What fee?
>> >

>> There's a paywall with that link.
>>

>Huh. Not for me - I've never paid for access.

I wonder if it is geographic--Graham is north of the boarder. You
used to be able to just go to anonymiser.com - but now they want $80 a
year.

I don't know what the new work-around is-- but if someone does, I'd
like to hear it.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:04:14 -0500, Jim Elbrecht >
wrote:

> sf > wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 08:36:28 -0700, "graham" > wrote:

> -snip-

> >> There's a paywall with that link.
> >>

> >Huh. Not for me - I've never paid for access.

> I wonder if it is geographic--Graham is north of the boarder. You
> used to be able to just go to anonymiser.com - but now they want $80 a
> year.
>
> I don't know what the new work-around is-- but if someone does, I'd
> like to hear it.

Ex-Pats use some sort of anonymiser to watch the BBC. I had it on my
computer, but didn't reinstall it after I reformatted last Fall... and
now I can't remember what it was called. In any case - if he has it,
maybe that will do the trick.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 15, 10:20*am, "I'm back" > wrote:
> sf > wrote :
>

> > Heinz, a brand in virtually every American kitchen, is selling itself
> > for $23 billion to another household name— Warren Buffett—and a
> > Brazilian private-equity firm that is anything but.

> > Read more here
> >http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...83037339250780
> > 30.html

> BFD.
>
> It's a shit product anyway.
>
> The Heinz baked beans are crap, their spaghetti is crap.... it's bland
> boring shite.

I found an excellent canned bean product the other day. It's a no
name brand; made with real maple syrup. It cost $0.59. An
outstanding deal. Pretty yummy stuff. Pretty sweet and definitely
not diabetes friendly.

> --
> Peter
> Brisbane
> Australia
>
> Success isn't so difficult.
> Just bite off more than you can chew,
> then go do it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/15/2013 10:34 AM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 08:16:36 -0700, "graham" > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Heinz, a brand in virtually every American kitchen, is selling itself
>>> for $23 billion to another household name- Warren Buffett-and a
>>> Brazilian private-equity firm that is anything but.
>>>
>>> Read more here
>>> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...925078030.html
>>>
>>> --

>> Only if you pay the fee!
>>

> Fee? What fee?

for other links to the story instead.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:41:27 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 2/15/2013 10:34 AM, sf wrote:

> >> Only if you pay the fee!
> >>

> > Fee? What fee?

> for other links to the story instead.

Huh. I've never paid.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/15/2013 10:40 AM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:20:47 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back" >
> wrote:
>
>> sf > wrote in
>> :
>>

>>> Heinz, a brand in virtually every American kitchen, is selling itself
>>> for $23 billion to another household name— Warren Buffett—and a
>>> Brazilian private-equity firm that is anything but.
>>>
>>> Read more here
>>> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...83037339250780
>>> 30.html
>>>

>> BFD.
>>
>> It's a shit product anyway.
>>
>> The Heinz baked beans are crap, their spaghetti is crap.... it's bland
>> boring shite.

Heinz spaghetti? Never heard of that one.

> We woke up grumpy today, did we?
> She offered an article to be read. A lot of us like to keep informed
> as to what is going on in the world of food and who the players are.
> Janet us

Not to mention wanting to know what is going to be available on the
grocery store shelves. I don't use ketchup but Heinz makes a lot of
other condiments. Heinz 57 steak sauce springs to mind. My dad loved
it Will the sale of Heinz affect the product? Some people do care.

Peter doesn't live in the US so he needs to STFU about all things
American. Oh, and who really gives a crap which computer he's posting
from? I k/f'd both incarnations. The only reason I see what he posts
is because people reply to him.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-02-15, Jim Elbrecht > wrote:

> I wonder if it is geographic--Graham is north of the boarder. You
> used to be able to just go to anonymiser.com - but now they want $80 a
> year.

I get WSJ. Must be cuz I got noscript and it kills the paywall.

> I don't know what the new work-around is-- but if someone does, I'd
> like to hear it.

To get past the NYT reg-wall, simply copy/paste the article title
into google. Someone has it bypassed.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:04:14 -0500, Jim Elbrecht >
>wrote:
>
>> sf > wrote:
>>
>> >On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 08:36:28 -0700, "graham" > wrote:

>> -snip-

>> >Huh. Not for me - I've never paid for access.

>> I wonder if it is geographic--Graham is north of the boarder. You
>> used to be able to just go to anonymiser.com - but now they want $80 a
>> year.
>>
>> I don't know what the new work-around is-- but if someone does, I'd
>> like to hear it.
>>

>Ex-Pats use some sort of anonymiser to watch the BBC. I had it on my
>computer, but didn't reinstall it after I reformatted last Fall... and
>now I can't remember what it was called. In any case - if he has it,
>maybe that will do the trick.

OTOH-- When i went back to actually read the page [I posted as soon as
it loaded-- but hadn't read it yet]-- it wants me to log in.

It said I could log in through Facebook-- but after a minute of
churning, dire messages about security certificates- having to bypass
my popup blocker- and then getting a 'nobody home' message- I figured
it wasn't worth it.

See what happens when we are good at ignoring Internet advertising? It
can't pay the bean counter's salaries anymore.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 08:33:25 -0800 (PST), A Moose in Love
> wrote:

>On Feb 15, 10:20*am, "I'm back" > wrote:
>> sf > wrote :
>>

>> > Heinz, a brand in virtually every American kitchen, is selling itself
>> > for $23 billion to another household name— Warren Buffett—and a
>> > Brazilian private-equity firm that is anything but.

>> > Read more here
>> >http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...83037339250780
>> > 30.html

>> BFD.
>>
>> It's a shit product anyway.
>>
>> The Heinz baked beans are crap, their spaghetti is crap.... it's bland
>> boring shite.

>I found an excellent canned bean product the other day. It's a no
>name brand; made with real maple syrup. It cost $0.59. An
>outstanding deal.

The no name brands and store brands are made by big name companys,
only difference is the label and lower price... what you bought could
very well be Heinz.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 12:07:29 -0500, Jim Elbrecht >
wrote:

> sf > wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:04:14 -0500, Jim Elbrecht >
> >wrote:

> >> -snip-

> >> I wonder if it is geographic--Graham is north of the boarder. You
> >> used to be able to just go to anonymiser.com - but now they want $80 a
> >> year.
> >>
> >> I don't know what the new work-around is-- but if someone does, I'd
> >> like to hear it.
> >>

> >Ex-Pats use some sort of anonymiser to watch the BBC. I had it on my
> >computer, but didn't reinstall it after I reformatted last Fall... and
> >now I can't remember what it was called. In any case - if he has it,
> >maybe that will do the trick.

> OTOH-- When i went back to actually read the page [I posted as soon as
> it loaded-- but hadn't read it yet]-- it wants me to log in.
>
> It said I could log in through Facebook-- but after a minute of
> churning, dire messages about security certificates- having to bypass
> my popup blocker- and then getting a 'nobody home' message- I figured
> it wasn't worth it.
>
> See what happens when we are good at ignoring Internet advertising? It
> can't pay the bean counter's salaries anymore.

No kidding? I got the link via email and didn't have to do anything
except click the link.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 15 Feb 2013 16:52:15 GMT, notbob > wrote:

> On 2013-02-15, Jim Elbrecht > wrote:
>
> > I wonder if it is geographic--Graham is north of the boarder. You
> > used to be able to just go to anonymiser.com - but now they want $80 a
> > year.

> I get WSJ. Must be cuz I got noscript and it kills the paywall.

Is that it? No script wins again... or maybe it's the AdBlock Plus.
Whatever it is, I don't have a problem.

> > I don't know what the new work-around is-- but if someone does, I'd
> > like to hear it.

> To get past the NYT reg-wall, simply copy/paste the article title
> into google. Someone has it bypassed.
>
> nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 15, 2013 8:40:49 AM UTC-7, I'm back wrote:
> "graham" > wrote in
>
> news >
>

> > "sf" > wrote in message

> >> Heinz, a brand in virtually every American kitchen, is selling itself

> >> for $23 billion to another household name- Warren Buffett-and a

> >> Brazilian private-equity firm that is anything but.

> >> Read more here

> >> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...78303733925078

> >> 030.html

> >> --

> > Only if you pay the fee!

> You have to forgive Barbara....... she was, after all, a 'special' school
>
> teacher.
>

> Not much intelligence required.
>

> --
>
> Peter
>
> Brisbane
>
> Australia
>

> Success isn't so difficult.
>
> Just bite off more than you can chew,
>
> then go do it.

How does it feel to be a "character assassin"? Lately you have doubled your
efforts in your quest for the ASSHOLE OF THE YEAR award.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 10:48:23 -0800 (PST), Roy >
wrote:

> How does it feel to be a "character assassin"? Lately you have doubled your
> efforts in your quest for the ASSHOLE OF THE YEAR award.

It says more about him than anyone else.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jim Elbrecht" > wrote in message
> sf > wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 08:36:28 -0700, "graham" > wrote:

> -snip-

>>> There's a paywall with that link.
>>>

>>Huh. Not for me - I've never paid for access.

> I wonder if it is geographic--Graham is north of the boarder. You
> used to be able to just go to anonymiser.com - but now they want $80 a
> year.
>
> I don't know what the new work-around is-- but if someone does, I'd
> like to hear it.
>
> Jim

I'm in the US and it's telling me to subscribe to see the article.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/15/2013 1:48 PM, Roy wrote:
> On Friday, February 15, 2013 8:40:49 AM UTC-7, I'm back wrote:
>> "graham" > wrote in
>>
>> news >>

>>> Only if you pay the fee!

>> Not much intelligence required.
>>

>> Peter
>>

> How does it feel to be a "character assassin"? Lately you have doubled your
> efforts in your quest for the ASSHOLE OF THE YEAR award.

And it's only February! LOL

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"I'm back" > wrote:
> sf > wrote in
> :
>

>> Heinz, a brand in virtually every American kitchen, is selling itself
>> for $23 billion to another household name€” Warren Buffett€”and a
>> Brazilian private-equity firm that is anything but.
>>
>> Read more here
>> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...83037339250780
>> 30.html
>>

> BFD.
>
> It's a shit product anyway.
>
> The Heinz baked beans are crap, their spaghetti is crap.... it's bland
> boring shite.

Spaghetti worse than boy-ar-dee ?
Products.

http://m.wtae.com/news/-/16915058/18...z/-/index.html

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:20:47 +0000 (UTC), I'm back wrote:
>
>> BFD.
>>
>> It's a shit product anyway.
>>
>> The Heinz baked beans are crap, their spaghetti is crap.... it's bland
>> boring shite.

> Heinz Baked Beans were developed in Australians for Australians. They
> sell 3x more baked beans in Australia than they do the United States.
>
> That says a lot about the tastes of Australians. Chow down, folks!

The home of the baked bean sandwich!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
z z z z is offline

Yes, Simply Heinz is delicious.

If I recall, John Kerry's wife was a Heinz heir-wonder how much stock
he/she own/owned in the company? I figure for him to run for President
again. Hopefully someone explains the facts of life to Biden before
then.

I dabbled in the online stock market in a very small way for awhile till
I realized I simply didnt have enough time (or money) to do it properly.
When I read Buffet bought Heinz I thought of the excellent Simply Heinz
ketchup (and John Kerry back in the political inner circle) and realized
I should have seen it coming.

Getting ready to do taxes today and was checking my account. Years ago
my first stock purchase was VMI at $17 a share. I could barely afford
just a few shares. I sold for a tiny profit and it was a fun learning
experience. While checking my account for kicks I looked up current
price of VMI. Gulp $158 a share. Makes me wish I had hocked everything
to buy a large amount of shares.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

reply to unformatted text.

[...]

I heard there was suspected insider trading on Heinz.

Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 20:50:44 -0600, (z z) wrote:

> Yes, Simply Heinz is delicious.

Thanks, I got the correct one then.

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

There aint a bit of crap which has even a remote connection to the Heinz/Kerry Crapola allowed in my crib. Sorry. The unwashed masses aint going to put up with this bullshit. Hang on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf[_9_] View Post
Heinz, a brand in virtually every American kitchen, is selling itself
for $23 billion to another household name— Warren Buffett—and a
Brazilian private-equity firm that is anything but.

Read more here
Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway, 3G Capital to Buy Heinz - WSJ.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

gregz > wrote in news:989595158382667930.462880zekor-
:

> "I'm back" > wrote:
>> sf > wrote in
>> :
>>

>>> Heinz, a brand in virtually every American kitchen, is selling

itself
>>> for $23 billion to another household name€” Warren Buffett€”and a
>>> Brazilian private-equity firm that is anything but.
>>>
>>> Read more here

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...83037339250780
>>> 30.html
>>>

>> BFD.
>>
>> It's a shit product anyway.
>>
>> The Heinz baked beans are crap, their spaghetti is crap.... it's

bland
>> boring shite.
>>

> Spaghetti worse than boy-ar-dee ?

????

As stated, the Heinz BB's and Sp, are bland and boring.

Watties are the best for both products..... ven though they are Kiwi.

--
Peter
Brisbane
Australia

Success isn't so difficult.
Just bite off more than you can chew,
then go do it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in news:8lCTs.139270$kp4.78309
@newsfe09.iad:

> The home of the baked bean sandwich!

And the baked bean jaffle.

Gotta watch it when you're eating one of those fresh cooked ones though,
it's *bloody* hot!!

And *only* use Watties baked beans, if you want a jaffle/sandwich with
flavour.

--
Peter
Brisbane
Australia

Success isn't so difficult.
Just bite off more than you can chew,
then go do it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/15/2013 9:41 PM, graham wrote:
> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:20:47 +0000 (UTC), I'm back wrote:
>>
>>> BFD.
>>>
>>> It's a shit product anyway.
>>>
>>> The Heinz baked beans are crap, their spaghetti is crap.... it's bland
>>> boring shite.

>> Heinz Baked Beans were developed in Australians for Australians. They
>> sell 3x more baked beans in Australia than they do the United States.
>>
>> That says a lot about the tastes of Australians. Chow down, folks!
>>

> The home of the baked bean sandwich!

I remember baked beans on toast but not sandwiches from my childhood in
Britain (an open-faced sandwich, I guess) and I recall the spaghetti
sandwich which a visitor from New Zealand brought for to the amazement
of colleagues.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.