Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC: Biscotti

Going back to Pandoras recipe recently, quite a few of the posts were
saying something about the biscotti not being the hard crunchy type they
are used to.

Here's a recipe that will give you that rock hard biscuit you desire.

Secret........ it's twice baked.

Scroll down the page.......

http://coles.com.au/portals/0/conten...ling_DL_LR.pdf

--
Peter
Brisbane

To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one.
It is rather and endless struggle
that will go on to the very last moment of our lives.
Nobody is born a warrior,in exactly the same way that
nobody is born an average man.
We have to make ourselves into one or the other.
A warrior must only take care that his spirit is not broken.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> > Every biscotti I've ever heard of is baked twice, once as a loaf, then
> > after slicing.
> >

> But they don't come out as hard as the commercial variety, even with
> all that baking.

You probably mean crisp rather than hard. Try baking them slower, or
substitute cornstarch for some of the flour.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mine are usually so hard, they make great dippers into coffee. Just for a sec, mindja.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kalmia > wrote in
:

> Mine are usually so hard, they make great dippers into coffee. Just
> for a sec, mindja.

I'll have to get onto the DoD and see how the hell they made the 'Survival
biscuits' and 'Cereal block' for the ration packs back in the 70's.

You could have used either of those "biscuits" to replace ceramic plates in
body armour!!

--
Peter
Brisbane
Australia

To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one.
It is rather and endless struggle
that will go on to the very last moment of our lives.
Nobody is born a warrior,in exactly the same way that
nobody is born an average man.
We have to make ourselves into one or the other.
A warrior must only take care that his spirit is not broken.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Susan wrote:

> Every biscotti I've ever heard of is baked twice, once as a loaf, then
> after slicing.

Yeah. The name biscotti comes from Italian words which mean "cooked
twice." There's no secret about it.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> Susan wrote:
>
>> Every biscotti I've ever heard of is baked twice, once as a loaf, then
>> after slicing.

> Yeah. The name biscotti comes from Italian words which mean "cooked
> twice." There's no secret about it.

"Biscuit" means the same thing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in message

> "Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
> eb.com...
>> Susan wrote:
>>
>>> Every biscotti I've ever heard of is baked twice, once as a loaf, then
>>> after slicing.

>> Yeah. The name biscotti comes from Italian words which mean "cooked
>> twice." There's no secret about it.
>>

> "Biscuit" means the same thing.

Aye, different countries take different meanings which can be most
confusing

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Biscotti Pat Shipp Recipes (moderated) 0 28-03-2008 02:15 AM
Biscotti Dorothy Yereance Recipes (moderated) 0 28-03-2008 02:06 AM
Biscotti pan Dee Randall Baking 0 01-03-2005 04:30 AM
biscotti Patrick Carr Coffee 0 23-01-2005 07:22 PM
Biscotti Del Laggaccio (Aniseed Biscotti) 7Hawks Recipes (moderated) 0 07-11-2004 03:19 PM