Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "Freaks and Geeks" and cooking

Anyone ever watch "Freaks and Geeks"? It is amazing how many scenes
involving eating and cooking on that show. They often have the family at
the dinner table eating and talking (did families still do that in the
80s?), and when the kids are at school there's a lot of scenes where they
are talking in the cafeteria eating.

That show was excellent. Just finished the last ep (only 18 were made).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Dec 2012 19:32:37 -0500, "Somebody" >
wrote:

> Anyone ever watch "Freaks and Geeks"?

Nope, never heard of it. Was it mainstream TV or add on Cable like
HBO, Showtime?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 2, 2012 9:47:22 AM UTC-10, sf wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Dec 2012 19:32:37 -0500, "Somebody" >
>
> wrote:
>

> > Anyone ever watch "Freaks and Geeks"?

> Nope, never heard of it. Was it mainstream TV or add on Cable like
>
> HBO, Showtime?
>

> --
>
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

The show has a remarkably cast although they are mostly known to younger viewers. The series is available on Netflix.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 2 Dec 2012 12:14:23 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

> On Sunday, December 2, 2012 9:47:22 AM UTC-10, sf wrote:
> > On Sat, 1 Dec 2012 19:32:37 -0500, "Somebody" >
> >
> > wrote:
> >

> > > Anyone ever watch "Freaks and Geeks"?

> > Nope, never heard of it. Was it mainstream TV or add on Cable like
> >
> > HBO, Showtime?
> >

> > --
> >
> > Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

> The show has a remarkably cast although they are mostly known to younger viewers. The series is available on Netflix.

I saw that, but I'm not interested enough to Netflix it. Just wanted
to know what network it was on. People start talking about this or
that and it turns out they're on HBO/Showtime, which are add-ons for
me and I don't give Comcast any more than I absolutely have to. We
pay enough for extended HD channels and the internet without adding on
even more.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/2/2012 10:21 AM, sf wrote:
> I saw that, but I'm not interested enough to Netflix it. Just wanted
> to know what network it was on. People start talking about this or
> that and it turns out they're on HBO/Showtime, which are add-ons for
> me and I don't give Comcast any more than I absolutely have to. We
> pay enough for extended HD channels and the internet without adding on
> even more.

The show came out about 12 years ago and you're not going to be
interested unless high school/teen angst TV programing with the really
old message "be yourself" is your cup of tea. It was shown on NBC
although I can't see how that matters much. I've watched a couple
because of the buzz surrounding it but mostly, I didn't get it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 2, 2012 6:08:42 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On 12/2/2012 10:21 AM, sf wrote:
>
> > I saw that, but I'm not interested enough to Netflix it. Just wanted

> > to know what network it was on. People start talking about this or

> > that and it turns out they're on HBO/Showtime, which are add-ons for

> > me and I don't give Comcast any more than I absolutely have to. We

> > pay enough for extended HD channels and the internet without adding on

> > even more.

> The show came out about 12 years ago and you're not going to be
>
> interested unless high school/teen angst TV programing with the really
>
> old message "be yourself" is your cup of tea. It was shown on NBC
>
> although I can't see how that matters much. I've watched a couple
>
> because of the buzz surrounding it but mostly, I didn't get it.

And that's why it was so short-lived. Halfwits like you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 2 Dec 2012 22:30:29 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:

> > > The show has a remarkably cast although they are mostly known to
> > > younger viewers. The series is available on Netflix.

> > I saw that, but I'm not interested enough to Netflix it. Just wanted
> > to know what network it was on. People start talking about this or
> > that and it turns out they're on HBO/Showtime, which are add-ons for
> > me and I don't give Comcast any more than I absolutely have to. We
> > pay enough for extended HD channels and the internet without adding on
> > even more.

> NBC a dozen or so years ago. Many of the young actors are among
> current stars, or strong supporting actors.
> John Francis Daley - currently in Bones as Lance, the shrink
> Jason Segel - currently in How I Met Your Mother and a string of popular
> movies
> Seth Rogan - star of just about every juvenile comedy hit of the past
> ten years
>
> Judd Apatow - king of juvenile comedy for past many years (writer,
> producer, director or jobs other than acting)

Thanks, much appreciated. I only tuned into How I Met Your Mother a
couple of years ago... Big Bang Theory too. I've never liked Bones.
I tried to watch an episode here and there, but I just can't stay
interested enough to finish one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 02 Dec 2012 13:08:42 -1000, dsi1
> wrote:

> On 12/2/2012 10:21 AM, sf wrote:
> > I saw that, but I'm not interested enough to Netflix it. Just wanted
> > to know what network it was on. People start talking about this or
> > that and it turns out they're on HBO/Showtime, which are add-ons for
> > me and I don't give Comcast any more than I absolutely have to. We
> > pay enough for extended HD channels and the internet without adding on
> > even more.
> >

> The show came out about 12 years ago and you're not going to be
> interested unless high school/teen angst TV programing with the really
> old message "be yourself" is your cup of tea. It was shown on NBC
> although I can't see how that matters much. I've watched a couple
> because of the buzz surrounding it but mostly, I didn't get it.

Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message

> The show has a remarkably cast although they are mostly known to younger
> viewers. The series is available on Netflix.

Amazing cast. Franco looks so young, and Rogen looks pretty much like he
does not but a bit younger... I liked the Nick character a lot (Jason
Segel). Felt sorry for him. Unrequited love sucks especially when you keep
seeing the person around... I've not watched How I met Your Mother, but saw
him on Craig Ferguson recently and he was very funny.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"l not -l" > wrote in message
> Judd Apatow - king of juvenile comedy for past many years (writer,
> producer, director or jobs other than acting)

Apatow was involved in a lot of Larry Sanders which I don't find juvenile...
Though Larry was kinda, but not the show overall. Actually, a lot of the
characters kinda were, but that show was hilarious... He's also involved
with "Girls" I haven't seen much of Undeclared but loved F'nG, so ordered a
used copy of Undeclared from a Goodwill.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 12/2/2012 10:21 AM, sf wrote:
>> I saw that, but I'm not interested enough to Netflix it. Just wanted
>> to know what network it was on. People start talking about this or
>> that and it turns out they're on HBO/Showtime, which are add-ons for
>> me and I don't give Comcast any more than I absolutely have to. We
>> pay enough for extended HD channels and the internet without adding on
>> even more.
>>

> The show came out about 12 years ago and you're not going to be interested
> unless high school/teen angst TV programing with the really old message
> "be yourself" is your cup of tea. It was shown on NBC although I can't see
> how that matters much. I've watched a couple because of the buzz
> surrounding it but mostly, I didn't get it.

There were touching moments in it... I really like the episode where the
parents realize they are boring and mundane, and the wife tries to shake
things up. The dinner scene with the cornish hens is hilarious. The
husband and kids don't want to eat them because they don't think it's "real
food" like they are used to and they just start playing with them.

Paul Feig (one of the creators/producers) says all the stories are based on
things he had happen to him... Yeah, there can be some angst in high school
but it's an interesting time... Watching the show often makes me hungry
since they keep eating so much on it! Yet the only pudgy one is Rogen.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/2/2012 4:17 PM, Somebody wrote:
> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>> On 12/2/2012 10:21 AM, sf wrote:
>>> I saw that, but I'm not interested enough to Netflix it. Just wanted
>>> to know what network it was on. People start talking about this or
>>> that and it turns out they're on HBO/Showtime, which are add-ons for
>>> me and I don't give Comcast any more than I absolutely have to. We
>>> pay enough for extended HD channels and the internet without adding on
>>> even more.
>>>

>> The show came out about 12 years ago and you're not going to be interested
>> unless high school/teen angst TV programing with the really old message
>> "be yourself" is your cup of tea. It was shown on NBC although I can't see
>> how that matters much. I've watched a couple because of the buzz
>> surrounding it but mostly, I didn't get it.

> There were touching moments in it... I really like the episode where the
> parents realize they are boring and mundane, and the wife tries to shake
> things up. The dinner scene with the cornish hens is hilarious. The
> husband and kids don't want to eat them because they don't think it's "real
> food" like they are used to and they just start playing with them.
>
> Paul Feig (one of the creators/producers) says all the stories are based on
> things he had happen to him... Yeah, there can be some angst in high school
> but it's an interesting time... Watching the show often makes me hungry
> since they keep eating so much on it! Yet the only pudgy one is Rogen.

I'll have to watch an episode just for the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 2, 5:27*pm, dsi1 > wrote:
> On 12/2/2012 1:11 PM, wrote:
>
> > And that's why it was so short-lived. Halfwits like you.

> Sorry pal, I grew up. I've already paid my dues in that department. You
> should be forced to watch the entire John Hughes "collection." :-)

LOL!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Somebody wrote:

> that show was hilarious.

Does "hilarious" mean soporific, mundane, and juvenile to you?