Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default a Canadian term

What is Canadian smoked meat? Hubby ordered some and it looked
(tasted) like a very lean piece of corned beef that had spent some
time in the smoker.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote:

>What is Canadian smoked meat? Hubby ordered some and it looked
>(tasted) like a very lean piece of corned beef that had spent some
>time in the smoker.

It is a corned beef / pastrami-like preparation that is (usually)
grilled just before serving under smoky conditions (say on a
wood/charcoal grill).

I do not think it normally has been in a true smoker.

Anyway, it's pretty much as you describe. Also called "Montreal
smoked meat".

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michel Boucher" > wrote in message
. ..
> (Steve Pope) wrote in
> :
>
>> sf > wrote:
>>
>>>What is Canadian smoked meat? Hubby ordered some and it
>>>looked (tasted) like a very lean piece of corned beef that had
>>>spent some time in the smoker.

>> It is a corned beef / pastrami-like preparation that is
>> (usually) grilled just before serving under smoky conditions
>> (say on a wood/charcoal grill).
>>
>> I do not think it normally has been in a true smoker.
>>
>> Anyway, it's pretty much as you describe. Also called
>> "Montreal smoked meat".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal-style_smoked_meat

Fabulous picture in that article. I have always considered
Montreal smoked meat as the epitome of the existence
of a god or two in our universe. I never could figure out why
it never became popular in the US. It is so superior to the
common corned beef or pastrami.

pavane

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"pavane" > wrote in news:uMfcs.725611$2a.662452
@en-nntp-14.dc1.easynews.com:

> Fabulous picture in that article. I have always considered
> Montreal smoked meat as the epitome of the existence
> of a god or two in our universe.

Many in fact. The god of rye bread, the god of mustard, the god of
pickle and, in some places like the Bagelshop on Wellington, the
gods of bagels and sauerkraut.

--
Traditions are group efforts to keep the unexpected
from happening.

-- Barbara Tober

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"pavane" > wrote in news:uMfcs.725611$2a.662452
@en-nntp-14.dc1.easynews.com:

> I never could figure out why
> it never became popular in the US. It is so superior to the
> common corned beef or pastrami.

US arrogance? :-)

--

Traditions are group efforts to keep the unexpected
from happening.

-- Barbara Tober

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 07/10/2012 9:24 AM, sf wrote:

> What is Canadian smoked meat? Hubby ordered some and it looked
> (tasted) like a very lean piece of corned beef that had spent some
> time in the smoker.

That's a good question. I have never heard of it. There is Montreal
Smoked Meat, which is a very good corned beef/ pastrami that originated
in a couple of very well known Montreal delis. Maybe it is like Canadian
bacon, a product apparently named for something we eat here, but unknown
in Canada by that name.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 7, 6:26*am, (Steve Pope) wrote:
> sf > wrote:
> >What is Canadian smoked meat? *Hubby ordered some and it looked
> >(tasted) like a very lean piece of corned beef that had spent some
> >time in the smoker.

> It is a corned beef / pastrami-like preparation that is (usually)
> grilled just before serving under smoky conditions (say on a
> wood/charcoal grill).
>
> I do not think it normally has been in a true smoker.

When I was at Schwartz's Charcuterie Hébraïque de Montréal (whose
struggle to retain the apostrophe S against the forces of
Francophonization is titanic in itself), I saw a metal oven looking
box behind the counter that I assumed was the smoker.

> Anyway, it's pretty much as you describe. *Also called "Montreal
> smoked meat".

La viande fumée, s'il vous plait.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 7, 10:07*am, The Other Guy > wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Oct 2012 09:53:02 -0400, "pavane" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Michel Boucher" > wrote in message
> >> (Steve Pope) wrote in
> :

> >>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal-style_smoked_meat

> >Fabulous picture in that article. I have always considered
> >Montreal smoked meat as the epitome of the existence
> >of a god or two in our universe. I never could figure out why
> >it never became popular in the US. It is so superior to the
> >common corned beef or pastrami.

> I'd love to try it, but while a search brings up plenty
> of info on HOW to make it, and delis that serve it (east
> coast mostly), I don't see anyplace selling it for shipping.

The preparation is part of the presentation. You wouldn't expect to
get scrambled eggs by overnight delivery, right?

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...nts&id=8575885
Posted to rec.food.cooking

spamtrap1888 > wrote:

>On Oct 7, 6:26*am, (Steve Pope) wrote:

>> I do not think it normally has been in a true smoker.

>When I was at Schwartz's Charcuterie Hébraïque de Montréal (whose
>struggle to retain the apostrophe S against the forces of
>Francophonization is titanic in itself), I saw a metal oven looking
>box behind the counter that I assumed was the smoker.

Well, when I was at Schwartz's, I saw them grilling the sliced
meat over very smoky coals, right before assembling it into
sandwiches, and in my estimate this could account for the entire
infusion of smoke taste in the meat.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz > wrote in
:

>> Except for the big 'ol honking tail of fat with no meat
>> attached to it trying to crawl away.

> I just now read te part that says they have a version of it
> that is pure fat - no meat at all - just fat. Figures those
> Canadians would find some way to tarnish an other otherwise
> fine sandwich tradition.

If fat is part of the tradition, in what way does it tarnish said
tradition? And it's not "Canadians", it's members of the Montreal
Jewish community who own and operate these establshments (although
most of the employees now working at Schwartz's are Portuguese).

--

Traditions are group efforts to keep the unexpected
from happening.

-- Barbara Tober

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 07/10/2012 3:37 PM, Michel Boucher wrote:
> Sqwertz > wrote in
> :
>
>>> Except for the big 'ol honking tail of fat with no meat
>>> attached to it trying to crawl away.

>> I just now read te part that says they have a version of it
>> that is pure fat - no meat at all - just fat. Figures those
>> Canadians would find some way to tarnish an other otherwise
>> fine sandwich tradition.

> If fat is part of the tradition, in what way does it tarnish said
> tradition? And it's not "Canadians", it's members of the Montreal
> Jewish community who own and operate these establshments (although
> most of the employees now working at Schwartz's are Portuguese).

You were responding to someone who is full of crap. I have been to the
Montreal delis who made that stuff popular and my son, who lived in
Montreal for 10 years, frequently brought some of the smoked meat when
he came to visit. There was never much fat on it at all.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith > wrote in
:

>> If fat is part of the tradition, in what way does it tarnish
>> said tradition? And it's not "Canadians", it's members of
>> the Montreal Jewish community who own and operate these
>> establshments (although most of the employees now working at
>> Schwartz's are Portuguese).

> You were responding to someone who is full of crap.

I hope you're not suggesting that I should let him get away with
being a fathead. There are things that are worth addressing,
like blatant stereotypes.

> I have
> been to the Montreal delis who made that stuff popular

As have I, many times.

> and my
> son, who lived in Montreal for 10 years, frequently brought
> some of the smoked meat when he came to visit. There was
> never much fat on it at all.

But there are cuts made with more fat if you want that. It's
like any meat.

--

Traditions are group efforts to keep the unexpected
from happening.

-- Barbara Tober

Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>>> Except for the big 'ol honking tail of fat with no meat
>>> attached to it trying to crawl away.

>> I just now read te part that says they have a version of it
>> that is pure fat - no meat at all - just fat. Figures those
>> Canadians would find some way to tarnish an other otherwise
>> fine sandwich tradition.

>If fat is part of the tradition, in what way does it tarnish said
>tradition? And it's not "Canadians", it's members of the Montreal
>Jewish community who own and operate these establshments (although
>most of the employees now working at Schwartz's are Portuguese).

Seems no different in concept than lardo, which is all fat, and if you're
Italian you will use in a panino, or maybe eat in smaller amount on
a plate, like any other salumi.

(Perhaps in Jewish as opposed to Italian tradition, there is a propensity
of heaping gigantic amounts of meat on a sandwich, which may make
the all-fat product less suitable...)

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz > wrote in
:

>>> You were responding to someone who is full of crap.

>> I hope you're not suggesting that I should let him get away
>> with being a fathead. There are things that are worth
>> addressing, like blatant stereotypes.

> He says as he just disenfranchised the whole Montreal-Jewish
> community as "not Canadians".

Reading not your forte? I didn't say anywhere that they weren't
Canadian (or that they were for that matter) but I was making a
proper attribution, unlike your uninformative stereotype.

> You're not exactly a role model for Canadians, Michel. Either
> is Dave. You both have a lot in common - you never post about
> cooking, just hover around and pounce on those non-food topics
> and arguments (which is why this was so easy).

Totally untrue and I think Dave will back me up when I say "****
you, you weasely little ponce".

--

Traditions are group efforts to keep the unexpected
from happening.

-- Barbara Tober

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michel Boucher" > wrote in message
> Sqwertz > wrote in
> :

>>> I hope you're not suggesting that I should let him get away
>>> with being a fathead. There are things that are worth
>>> addressing, like blatant stereotypes.

>> He says as he just disenfranchised the whole Montreal-Jewish
>> community as "not Canadians".

> Reading not your forte? I didn't say anywhere that they weren't
> Canadian (or that they were for that matter) but I was making a
> proper attribution, unlike your uninformative stereotype.
>
>> You're not exactly a role model for Canadians, Michel. Either
>> is Dave. You both have a lot in common - you never post about
>> cooking, just hover around and pounce on those non-food topics
>> and arguments (which is why this was so easy).

> Totally untrue and I think Dave will back me up when I say "****
> you, you weasely little ponce".

You might have called him "un enculé" {;-)
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 07/10/2012 5:51 PM, Michel Boucher wrote:
> Sqwertz > wrote in
> :

>>> I hope you're not suggesting that I should let him get away
>>> with being a fathead. There are things that are worth
>>> addressing, like blatant stereotypes.

>> He says as he just disenfranchised the whole Montreal-Jewish
>> community as "not Canadians".

> Reading not your forte? I didn't say anywhere that they weren't
> Canadian (or that they were for that matter) but I was making a
> proper attribution, unlike your uninformative stereotype.
>
>> You're not exactly a role model for Canadians, Michel. Either
>> is Dave. You both have a lot in common - you never post about
>> cooking, just hover around and pounce on those non-food topics
>> and arguments (which is why this was so easy).

> Totally untrue and I think Dave will back me up when I say "****
> you, you weasely little ponce".

Mais oui. But why do you even give him the time of day? He ain't worth
it. Interesting that we are accused of hovering around and pouncing on
non food topics in a thread where my comments were about "Canadian
Smoked Meat" and clarifying that it is probably due to the well known
(in Canada) Montreal smoked meat.

That stuff is, the the best of my knowledge, primarily from two
particular Montreal delis, both Jewish, and proudly Jewish. The twit
might have been labouring under the impression that we think that being
Jewish is a bad thing. I will give the Montreal Jewish the credit for
also creating incredible bagels. There seems to be regional differences
in bagels. Bagels in this corner of the world suck the big one.
Montreal bagels OTOH, are incredible, and they are produced by a number
of Jewish run bagel shops.

FWIW when my son was managing a restaurant for a franchise whose
Canadian operation was based in Montreal, one of their menu items was
smoked salmon on a Montreal bagel. I don't think there is any slur
attached to attributing the concept of smoked salmon on a bagel with
cream cheese to Jews. He was very happy to find a restaurant in his
neighbourhood that made incredible Montreal Jewish style bagels, but
the bakery was run by a Lebanese couple.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 7, 2012 3:35:38 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 15:04:27 -0500, Michel Boucher wrote:
>

> > Dave Smith > wrote in

> > :

> >> You were responding to someone who is full of crap.

> > I hope you're not suggesting that I should let him get away with

> > being a fathead. There are things that are worth addressing,

> > like blatant stereotypes.

> He says as he just disenfranchised the whole Montreal-Jewish community
>
> as "not Canadians".
>

> You're not exactly a role model for Canadians, Michel. Either is
>
> Dave. You both have a lot in common - you never post about cooking,
>
> just hover around and pounce on those non-food topics and arguments
>
> (which is why this was so easy).
>

> ObFood: The perfect meatball and pepperoni sub, with gravity defying
>
> melting Iberico cheese:
>

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...ream/lightbox/
>

> -sw

So were did you get the "afterbirth" for that picture Squertzie?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 7, 2012 3:51:11 PM UTC-6, Michel Boucher wrote:
> Sqwertz > wrote in
>
> :

> >> I hope you're not suggesting that I should let him get away

> >> with being a fathead. There are things that are worth

> >> addressing, like blatant stereotypes.

> > He says as he just disenfranchised the whole Montreal-Jewish

> > community as "not Canadians".

> Reading not your forte? I didn't say anywhere that they weren't
>
> Canadian (or that they were for that matter) but I was making a
>
> proper attribution, unlike your uninformative stereotype.
>

> > You're not exactly a role model for Canadians, Michel. Either

> > is Dave. You both have a lot in common - you never post about

> > cooking, just hover around and pounce on those non-food topics

> > and arguments (which is why this was so easy).

> Totally untrue and I think Dave will back me up when I say "****
>
> you, you weasely little ponce".

And I agree. We have to stick together on that one.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in news:lUmcs.4828$mt1.711
@newsfe21.iad:

>> Totally untrue and I think Dave will back me up when I say "****
>> you, you weasely little ponce".`

> You might have called him "un enculé" {;-)

I doubt he would know the meaning.

--

Traditions are group efforts to keep the unexpected
from happening.

-- Barbara Tober

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith > wrote in
:

> That stuff is, the the best of my knowledge, primarily from
> two particular Montreal delis, both Jewish, and proudly
> Jewish. The twit might have been labouring under the
> impression that we think that being Jewish is a bad thing. I
> will give the Montreal Jewish the credit for also creating
> incredible bagels. There seems to be regional differences in
> bagels. Bagels in this corner of the world suck the big one.
> Montreal bagels OTOH, are incredible, and they are produced by
> a number of Jewish run bagel shops.

Get a Kettleman's franchise set up in your area.

> FWIW when my son was managing a restaurant for a franchise
> whose Canadian operation was based in Montreal, one of their
> menu items was smoked salmon on a Montreal bagel. I don't
> think there is any slur attached to attributing the concept
> of smoked salmon on a bagel with cream cheese to Jews. He was
> very happy to find a restaurant in his neighbourhood that made
> incredible Montreal Jewish style bagels, but the bakery was
> run by a Lebanese couple.

It's obviously a skill that can be acquired.

--

Traditions are group efforts to keep the unexpected
from happening.

-- Barbara Tober

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 7 Oct 2012 10:18:56 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888
> wrote:

> On Oct 7, 10:07*am, The Other Guy > wrote:
> > On Sun, 7 Oct 2012 09:53:02 -0400, "pavane" >
> > wrote:

> > :

> > >Fabulous picture in that article. I have always considered
> > >Montreal smoked meat as the epitome of the existence
> > >of a god or two in our universe. I never could figure out why
> > >it never became popular in the US. It is so superior to the
> > >common corned beef or pastrami.

> > I'd love to try it, but while a search brings up plenty
> > of info on HOW to make it, and delis that serve it (east
> > coast mostly), I don't see anyplace selling it for shipping.
> >

> The preparation is part of the presentation. You wouldn't expect to
> get scrambled eggs by overnight delivery, right?
>
> http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...nts&id=8575885

So... when people smoke a commercial corned beef for a few hours and
call it pastrami, are they really making Canadian Smoked Meat? The
article says we would call it "pastrami", but the meat hubby had
tasted nothing like any pastrami I've ever eaten.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> ObFood: The perfect meatball and pepperoni sub, with gravity defying
> melting Iberico cheese:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...ream/lightbox/
>
> -sw

There you go again, Steve. YUM! (any onions?)
Regardless, good luck finding *that* at Subway, folks.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michel Boucher wrote:

> > You're not exactly a role model for Canadians, Michel.

> Totally untrue and I think Dave will back me up when I say "****
> you, you weasely little ponce".

Sorry to tell you this, but sqwishy's ego is hermetically sealed in an
inch-thick crust of petrified pastry. If you want to trigger his
self-doubt reflex, you need to attack his phoney altruism.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

George M. Middius > wrote in
:

>> Totally untrue and I think Dave will back me up when I say
>> "**** you, you weasely little ponce".

> Sorry to tell you this, but sqwishy's ego is hermetically
> sealed in an inch-thick crust of petrified pastry. If you want
> to trigger his self-doubt reflex, you need to attack his
> phoney altruism.

If I had any interest in appealing to anything, I would not have
killfiled him for the second time. My plonk file was wiped out so
I have to rebuild it.

--

Traditions are group efforts to keep the unexpected
from happening.

-- Barbara Tober

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 08/10/2012 12:54 PM, George M. Middius wrote:
> Michel Boucher wrote:
>
>>> You're not exactly a role model for Canadians, Michel.

>> Totally untrue and I think Dave will back me up when I say "****
>> you, you weasely little ponce".

> Sorry to tell you this, but sqwishy's ego is hermetically sealed in an
> inch-thick crust of petrified pastry. If you want to trigger his
> self-doubt reflex, you need to attack his phoney altruism.

It's so much easier to simply kill file him and to deny him the
attention he apparently craves.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/7/2012 5:35 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

> ObFood: The perfect meatball and pepperoni sub, with gravity defying
> melting Iberico cheese:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...ream/lightbox/

I've never seen a meatball sub with pepperoni! But DAMN that looks good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/8/2012 2:45 PM, Michel Boucher wrote:

> George M. Middius > wrote in
> :
>
>>> Totally untrue and I think Dave will back me up when I say
>>> "**** you, you weasely little ponce".

>> Sorry to tell you this, but sqwishy's ego is hermetically
>> sealed in an inch-thick crust of petrified pastry. If you want
>> to trigger his self-doubt reflex, you need to attack his
>> phoney altruism.

> If I had any interest in appealing to anything, I would not have
> killfiled him for the second time. My plonk file was wiped out so
> I have to rebuild it.

Congrats Steve! They're all prancing around trying to see who hates you
the most.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 06:11:45 -0700, The Other Guy
> wrote:

> On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 01:22:54 -0700, sf > wrote:
>

> >So... when people smoke a commercial corned beef for a few hours and
> >call it pastrami, are they really making Canadian Smoked Meat? The
> >article says we would call it "pastrami", but the meat hubby had
> >tasted nothing like any pastrami I've ever eaten.

> No! Corned beef and pastrami have TOTALLY different spices.
> The only thing the same is they're both brined.

Thanks!

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 8 Oct 2012 17:39:13 +0000 (UTC), (Steve
Pope) wrote:

> sf > wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 7 Oct 2012 19:00:49 +0000 (UTC),
(Steve

> >> Well, when I was at Schwartz's, I saw them grilling the sliced
> >> meat over very smoky coals, right before assembling it into
> >> sandwiches, and in my estimate this could account for the entire
> >> infusion of smoke taste in the meat.

> >Sounds like something that can be done at home. I've been tempted to
> >try smoking corned beef in a Weber type grill, but figured I like deli
> >pastrami just fine so it's not worth bothering with... however, hubby
> >took to that smoked meat like a duck to water - so I think a little
> >smoked meat experimenting is in our future.

> Sure, give it a shot. Slice some corned beef thickly (1/3"),
> pepper it, get a even bed of charcoals going in the Weber, lay on a large
> number of (ideally) maple wood chips, and then try grilling the
> corned beef for 5 or 6 minutes, probably with the Weber's lid mostly on.
>
> You would want to use a BBQ insert (which could just be another grill,
> oriented perpendicularly to the first one; but I have invested in a
> couple inserts and they make these things much easier).

Not sure what you mean by BBQ insert... are you talking about those
metal thingies with holes that you put wood chips in?

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 09 Oct 2012 00:20:05 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

>On 10/7/2012 5:35 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> ObFood: The perfect meatball and pepperoni sub, with gravity defying
>> melting Iberico cheese:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...ream/lightbox/

>I've never seen a meatball sub with pepperoni! But DAMN that looks good.

The pepperoni makes it TIAD. And that roll has soggy crust, should
have been toasted. And what are those green things, looks like pickle
slices, with meatballs, BLECH! The Sqwertz truly has chronic TIAD.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/9/2012 8:37 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Oct 2012 00:20:05 -0400, Cheryl >
> wrote:
>
>> On 10/7/2012 5:35 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>>> ObFood: The perfect meatball and pepperoni sub, with gravity defying
>>> melting Iberico cheese:
>>>
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...ream/lightbox/

>> I've never seen a meatball sub with pepperoni! But DAMN that looks good.

> The pepperoni makes it TIAD. And that roll has soggy crust, should
> have been toasted. And what are those green things, looks like pickle
> slices, with meatballs, BLECH! The Sqwertz truly has chronic TIAD.

I think Sqwertz makes some very good and interesting food... including
this sandwich... and I enjoy his photos.

BUT - I have mentioned before that I think he tries to put too many
flavors into one dish/sandwich. That meatball and cheese sub would be
great on its own. The addition of two STRONG flavors (peppers and
pepperoni) would kind of overpower the basic sandwich in my opinion.

But again, I think his basic sandwich would be wonderful.

George L
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:

> Congrats Steve! They're all prancing around trying to see who hates you
> the most.

Question for you: Are you and Jill the same poster? It's hard to
believe two distinct people could be so identically obtuse.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 09 Oct 2012 09:30:30 -0500, George Leppla
> wrote:

>On 10/9/2012 8:37 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Tue, 09 Oct 2012 00:20:05 -0400, Cheryl >
>> wrote:

>>> I've never seen a meatball sub with pepperoni! But DAMN that looks good.

>> The pepperoni makes it TIAD. And that roll has soggy crust, should
>> have been toasted. And what are those green things, looks like pickle
>> slices, with meatballs, BLECH! The Sqwertz truly has chronic TIAD.
>>

>I think Sqwertz makes some very good and interesting food... including
>this sandwich... and I enjoy his photos.
>
>BUT - I have mentioned before that I think he tries to put too many
>flavors into one dish/sandwich. That meatball and cheese sub would be
>great on its own. The addition of two STRONG flavors (peppers and
>pepperoni) would kind of overpower the basic sandwich in my opinion.
>
>But again, I think his basic sandwich would be wonderful.
>
>George L

Don't beat around the bush, just come out with it, you want to suck
the dwarf's dick.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:43:56 AM UTC-4, George M. Middius wrote:
> Cheryl wrote:
>

> > Congrats Steve! They're all prancing around trying to see who hates you

> > the most.

> Question for you: Are you and Jill the same poster? It's hard to
>
> believe two distinct people could be so identically obtuse.

Question for you: **** off and die.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 1:26:00 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Oct 2012 09:30:30 -0500, George Leppla wrote:
>

> > On 10/9/2012 8:37 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> > I think Sqwertz makes some very good and interesting food... including

> > this sandwich... and I enjoy his photos.

> > BUT - I have mentioned before that I think he tries to put too many

> > flavors into one dish/sandwich. That meatball and cheese sub would be

> > great on its own. The addition of two STRONG flavors (peppers and

> > pepperoni) would kind of overpower the basic sandwich in my opinion.

> I like strongly flavored foods. The peperoncini are for tang and
>
> texture most of all - and I'm glad I started adding them. The
>
> pepperoni isn't very noticeable on here. And a BUNCH of places
>
> (besides Subway) serve pepperoni on their meatball subs, with the
>
> pepperoncini peppers. It's supposed to be a spicy, full-flavored
>
> sandwich. It's a classic Italian-American sandwich - at least in
>
> Pittsburgh where I came from.
>

> I will admit that the "Four Treasure" chow fun yesterday was a little
>
> overboard,. I just happened to have small amounts of musgovian lamb,
>
> chicken, scallops, and shrimp that needed using up but each one was
>
> not enough to make a whole dish on it's own.
>

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...in/photostream
>

> -sw

Brilliant, just simply brilliant. Way to go.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
news
> On Tue, 09 Oct 2012 09:30:30 -0500, George Leppla wrote:
>
>> On 10/9/2012 8:37 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>> I think Sqwertz makes some very good and interesting food... including
>> this sandwich... and I enjoy his photos.
>>
>> BUT - I have mentioned before that I think he tries to put too many
>> flavors into one dish/sandwich. That meatball and cheese sub would be
>> great on its own. The addition of two STRONG flavors (peppers and
>> pepperoni) would kind of overpower the basic sandwich in my opinion.

> I like strongly flavored foods. The peperoncini are for tang and
> texture most of all - and I'm glad I started adding them. The
> pepperoni isn't very noticeable on here. And a BUNCH of places
> (besides Subway) serve pepperoni on their meatball subs, with the
> pepperoncini peppers. It's supposed to be a spicy, full-flavored
> sandwich. It's a classic Italian-American sandwich - at least in
> Pittsburgh where I came from.

If it is classic Italian-American, why did you use Greek pepperoncini? the
Italians are better.

Candy Assed Canadian John Kinal Still Spamming US Politics Over Canadian Government - God does tell that Satanic enemies of Life do exist, And Other Lies By John Kinal, Sociopathic Canadian Newsgroup Terrorist First-Post General Cooking 0 04-09-2016 12:10 AM
Revolutionary tea term Space Cowboy Tea 2 27-12-2010 04:44 PM
Canadian foodie expression as per the Canadian Oxford alsandor General Cooking 0 09-12-2005 02:50 PM
Cant Remember Term The Wolf Baking 4 10-07-2005 01:43 PM
The term "teavangelist" Melinda Tea 10 19-03-2005 07:52 PM