Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default selling food with pop music

"Somebody" > wrote in message
> Is it appropriate to sell "food" products using pop music-- with
> inappropriate lyrics-- by just leaving the lyrics out?
>

> "Violent Femmes' bassist and Milwaukee native Brian Ritchie posted:
>
> "For the fans who rightfully are complaining about the Wendy's burger
> advertisement featuring Blister in the Sun,

Wasn't that ad out 4 or 5 years ago?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 9, 7:48*am, "news" > wrote:
> "Somebody" > wrote in message

> > Is it appropriate to sell "food" products using pop music-- with
> > inappropriate lyrics-- by just leaving the lyrics out?

> > "Violent Femmes' bassist and Milwaukee native Brian Ritchie posted:

> > "For the fans who rightfully are complaining about the Wendy's burger
> > advertisement featuring Blister in the Sun,

> Wasn't that ad out 4 or 5 years ago?

It's an old tune and an old ad. Everything about this deal is old.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
On Jul 9, 7:48 am, "news" > wrote:
> "Somebody" > wrote in message

> > Is it appropriate to sell "food" products using pop music-- with
> > inappropriate lyrics-- by just leaving the lyrics out?

> > "Violent Femmes' bassist and Milwaukee native Brian Ritchie posted:

> > "For the fans who rightfully are complaining about the Wendy's burger
> > advertisement featuring Blister in the Sun,

> Wasn't that ad out 4 or 5 years ago?

It's an old tune and an old ad. Everything about this deal is old.

---

yes, new to me though. I don't watch commercials.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/9/2012 8:32 AM, Somebody wrote:
> "dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Jul 9, 7:48 am, "news" > wrote:
>> "Somebody" > wrote in message

>>> Is it appropriate to sell "food" products using pop music-- with
>>> inappropriate lyrics-- by just leaving the lyrics out?

>>> "Violent Femmes' bassist and Milwaukee native Brian Ritchie posted:

>>> "For the fans who rightfully are complaining about the Wendy's burger
>>> advertisement featuring Blister in the Sun,

>> Wasn't that ad out 4 or 5 years ago?

> It's an old tune and an old ad. Everything about this deal is old.
>
> ---
>
> yes, new to me though. I don't watch commercials.

I try to avoid commercials too. Unfortunately, I now want to have some
Wendy's chili and a baked potato. :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> I try to avoid commercials too. Unfortunately, I now want to have some
> Wendy's chili and a baked potato. :-)

Seriously, I've never had Wendy's chili but I've heard that it's pretty
good.

G.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/9/2012 11:20 AM, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> I try to avoid commercials too. Unfortunately, I now want to have some
>> Wendy's chili and a baked potato. :-)

> Seriously, I've never had Wendy's chili but I've heard that it's pretty
> good.
>
> G.

I had a Wendy's chili years ago. It was OK. Had it been selling for $1,
it would have been excellent chili! I think the hot potato was $3. I've
never had it. If it was $1, no doubt I'd have eaten it. Looks like I'll
buy anything for a dollar. :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 > wrote:
> On 7/9/2012 11:20 AM, Gary wrote:
>> dsi1 wrote:
>>>
>>> I try to avoid commercials too. Unfortunately, I now want to have some
>>> Wendy's chili and a baked potato. :-)

>> Seriously, I've never had Wendy's chili but I've heard that it's pretty
>> good.
>>
>> G.
>>

> I had a Wendy's chili years ago. It was OK. Had it been selling for $1,
> it would have been excellent chili! I think the hot potato was $3. I've
> never had it. If it was $1, no doubt I'd have eaten it. Looks like I'll
> buy anything for a dollar. :-)

I got chili and baked potato, and salad for a number of years. Last time I
ordered two potatoes. Girl at window said, can't give you this one, too bad
looking. Took other one home. Boy was that bad, hate to see the other.
Their chili is much like mother made, ok by me.

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message

> I try to avoid commercials too. Unfortunately, I now want to have some
> Wendy's chili and a baked potato. :-)

you do know what the song with lyrics is about, don't you?

I like their baked potatoes, just plain.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/9/2012 4:01 PM, gregz wrote:
> dsi1 > wrote:

>>> Seriously, I've never had Wendy's chili but I've heard that it's pretty
>>> good.
>>>
>>> G.
>>>

>> I had a Wendy's chili years ago. It was OK. Had it been selling for $1,
>> it would have been excellent chili! I think the hot potato was $3. I've
>> never had it. If it was $1, no doubt I'd have eaten it. Looks like I'll
>> buy anything for a dollar. :-)

> I got chili and baked potato, and salad for a number of years. Last time I
> ordered two potatoes. Girl at window said, can't give you this one, too bad
> looking. Took other one home. Boy was that bad, hate to see the other.
> Their chili is much like mother made, ok by me.
>
> Greg

Your mom made chili out of used burgers?! Just kidding. At least your
mom made chili. Mine never did. That's the breaks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 02:01:19 +0000 (UTC), gregz > wrote:

>dsi1 > wrote:

>>> Seriously, I've never had Wendy's chili but I've heard that it's pretty
>>> good.
>>>
>>> G.
>>>

>> I had a Wendy's chili years ago. It was OK. Had it been selling for $1,
>> it would have been excellent chili! I think the hot potato was $3. I've
>> never had it. If it was $1, no doubt I'd have eaten it. Looks like I'll
>> buy anything for a dollar. :-)

>I got chili and baked potato, and salad for a number of years. Last time I
>ordered two potatoes. Girl at window said, can't give you this one, too bad
>looking. Took other one home. Boy was that bad, hate to see the other.
>Their chili is much like mother made, ok by me.
>
>Greg

Make youre own..... with corn bread as the teaser.....

(C) CORN BREAD

3/4 cup Corn Meal
1-1/4 cup Flour
1/4 cup Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 can Evap/Milk, water added to make 1 cup.
1 Egg
1/4 cup Salad Oil

Pre-heat oven to 400 degs.
Combine corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt.

Combine milk, well beaten egg, salad oil, and stir well into dry
ingredients.

Grease an 8" baking pan, and bake for about 18 min.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/9/2012 4:18 PM, Somebody wrote:
> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>>
>> I try to avoid commercials too. Unfortunately, I now want to have some
>> Wendy's chili and a baked potato. :-)

> you do know what the song with lyrics is about, don't you?

I have no idea. Something dirty about sex is my guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kked9...eature=related