Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Angel Food Cake

Christine wrote:

>Oh my. I can think of a lot of uses for
> egg yolks. I wouldn't let them go to
>waste at all. Ice cream, for one. * >Hollandaise, or bearnaise sauce

for
> another.

I have a real good cookie recipe that calls for egg yolks, so when I
have extras, then I make them. A single recipe uses 4 yolks, and with a
angel food cake, a person would have 12 yolks, so I suppose you could
triple the recipe for approximately 150 cookies, and put a bunch in the
freezer to enjoy at times when you're craving something sweet. I have
doubled it, but never tripled it.

Gold Cookies

1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 egg yolks
1-1/3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup finely chopped nuts
4 tsp. cinnamon

Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light. Beat in egg yolks. Add
flour and baking powder. Shape dough into 3/4 inch balls and roll in
mixture of nuts and cinnamon. Put on cookie sheets and bake at 350º
for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Keep an eye on them, as
they can turn TOO brown quickly! Makes approximately 50 cookies.

Judy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 21, 2:46*pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> Christine wrote:
> >Oh my. I can think of a lot of uses for
> > egg yolks. I wouldn't let them go to

> *>waste at all. Ice cream, for one. * >Hollandaise, or bearnaise sauce
> for
>
> > another.

> I have a real good cookie recipe that calls for egg yolks, so when I
> have extras, then I make them. A single recipe uses 4 yolks, and with a
> angel food cake, a person would have 12 yolks, so I suppose you could
> triple the recipe for approximately 150 cookies, and put a bunch in the
> freezer to enjoy at times when you're craving something sweet. I have
> doubled it, but never tripled it.
>
> Gold Cookies
>
> 1/2 cup softened butter
> 1 cup sugar
> 1 tsp. vanilla
> 4 egg yolks
> 1-1/3 cups flour
> 2 tsp. baking powder
> 1 cup finely chopped nuts
> 4 tsp. cinnamon
>
> Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light. Beat in egg yolks. Add
> flour and baking powder. Shape dough into 3/4 inch balls and roll in
> mixture of nuts and cinnamon. Put on cookie sheets and bake at 350º
> for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Keep an eye on them, as
> they can turn TOO brown quickly! Makes approximately 50 cookies.
>
> Judy

Sorta Snickerdoodly - ;-)

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/21/2012 3:46 PM, Judy Haffner wrote:

> Gold Cookies
>
> 1/2 cup softened butter
> 1 cup sugar
> 1 tsp. vanilla
> 4 egg yolks
> 1-1/3 cups flour
> 2 tsp. baking powder
> 1 cup finely chopped nuts
> 4 tsp. cinnamon
>
> Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light. Beat in egg yolks. Add
> flour and baking powder. Shape dough into 3/4 inch balls and roll in
> mixture of nuts and cinnamon. Put on cookie sheets and bake at 350º
> for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Keep an eye on them, as
> they can turn TOO brown quickly! Makes approximately 50 cookies

Saving this. Thank you!

Banned

Location: London
Send a message via Yahoo to johnmitchell Send a message via Skype™ to johnmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl[_3_] View Post
On 5/21/2012 3:46 PM, Judy Haffner wrote:

Gold Cookies

1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 egg yolks
1-1/3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup finely chopped nuts
4 tsp. cinnamon

Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light. Beat in egg yolks. Add
flour and baking powder. Shape dough into 3/4 inch balls and roll in
mixture of nuts and cinnamon. Put on cookie sheets and bake at 350º
for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Keep an eye on them, as
they can turn TOO brown quickly! Makes approximately 50 cookies

Saving this. Thank you!
Nice said..thanks