Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pretzels?

Hey all- my Mom "suggested" to a co-worker that I would be willing to
make pretzels for an open house party- thanks Mom! So, I am going to
be baking pretzels for 100 people. We have a local brewery that makes
some pretty good beer, so that will be served also- not sure what
else. I assume there will be a lot of standing around, so I'm thinking
sticks would be easiest, probably 8 inches long or so, and 3 per
person- tomorrow will be my first test baking day. I think I need a
few flavors, and I hope you all can offer advice- here's what I'm
thinking;
Salted
Parm and/or rosemary
Mustard
Should a few salted ones be dipped in chocolate? I know beer and
chocolate can pair nicely...If you have an idea, I'd love to hear it-
thanks!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:

> Hey all- my Mom "suggested" to a co-worker that I would be willing to
> make pretzels for an open house party- thanks Mom! So, I am going to
> be baking pretzels for 100 people. We have a local brewery that makes
> some pretty good beer, so that will be served also- not sure what
> else. I assume there will be a lot of standing around, so I'm thinking
> sticks would be easiest, probably 8 inches long or so, and 3 per
> person- tomorrow will be my first test baking day. I think I need a
> few flavors, and I hope you all can offer advice- here's what I'm
> thinking;
> Salted
> Parm and/or rosemary
> Mustard
> Should a few salted ones be dipped in chocolate? I know beer and
> chocolate can pair nicely...If you have an idea, I'd love to hear it-
> thanks!

The flavors you mention should all be fine. Here are a few others:

Poppy seeds
Kalonje (a.k.a. onion seeds, though they're not really the seeds of onions)
Sweet curry
Peanut butter

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"merryb" > wrote in message
> Hey all- my Mom "suggested" to a co-worker that I would be willing to
> make pretzels for an open house party- thanks Mom! So, I am going to
> be baking pretzels for 100 people. We have a local brewery that makes
> some pretty good beer, so that will be served also- not sure what
> else. I assume there will be a lot of standing around, so I'm thinking
> sticks would be easiest, probably 8 inches long or so, and 3 per
> person- tomorrow will be my first test baking day. I think I need a
> few flavors, and I hope you all can offer advice- here's what I'm
> thinking;
> Salted
> Parm and/or rosemary
> Mustard
> Should a few salted ones be dipped in chocolate? I know beer and
> chocolate can pair nicely...If you have an idea, I'd love to hear it-
> thanks!

Poppy seeds are good on pretzels.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 3, 7:08*pm, Bob Terwilliger >
wrote:
> * merryb wrote:
> > Hey all- my Mom "suggested" to a co-worker that I would be willing to
> > make pretzels for an open house party- thanks Mom! So, I am going to
> > be baking pretzels for 100 people. We have a local brewery that makes
> > some pretty good beer, so that will be served also- not sure what
> > else. I assume there will be a lot of standing around, so I'm thinking
> > sticks would be easiest, probably 8 inches long or so, and 3 per
> > person- tomorrow will be my first test baking day. I think I need a
> > few flavors, and I hope you all can offer advice- here's what I'm
> > thinking;
> > Salted
> > Parm and/or rosemary
> > Mustard
> > Should a few salted ones be dipped in chocolate? I know beer and
> > chocolate can pair nicely...If you have an idea, I'd love to hear it-
> > thanks!

> The flavors you mention should all be fine. Here are a few others:
>
> Poppy seeds
> Kalonje (a.k.a. onion seeds, though they're not really the seeds of onions)
> Sweet curry
> Peanut butter
>
> Bob

Love the peanut butter idea- how would you use it? I have heard from a
couple of people regarding the mustard flavored- they advise a dipping
sauce as opposed to incorporating it into the dough. Maybe the same
idea?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 3, 8:27*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "merryb" > wrote in message

> > Hey all- my Mom "suggested" to a co-worker that I would be willing to
> > make pretzels for an open house party- thanks Mom! So, I am going to
> > be baking pretzels for 100 people. We have a local brewery that makes
> > some pretty good beer, so that will be served also- not sure what
> > else. I assume there will be a lot of standing around, so I'm thinking
> > sticks would be easiest, probably 8 inches long or so, and 3 per
> > person- tomorrow will be my first test baking day. I think I need a
> > few flavors, and I hope you all can offer advice- here's what I'm
> > thinking;
> > Salted
> > Parm and/or rosemary
> > Mustard
> > Should a few salted ones be dipped in chocolate? I know beer and
> > chocolate can pair nicely...If you have an idea, I'd love to hear it-
> > thanks!

> Poppy seeds are good on pretzels.

Interesting idea- thanks! I wonder if a multi-seed would be good??

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"merryb" > wrote in message
> Hey all- my Mom "suggested" to a co-worker that I would be willing to
> make pretzels for an open house party- thanks Mom! So, I am going to
> be baking pretzels for 100 people. We have a local brewery that makes
> some pretty good beer, so that will be served also- not sure what
> else. I assume there will be a lot of standing around, so I'm thinking
> sticks would be easiest, probably 8 inches long or so, and 3 per
> person- tomorrow will be my first test baking day. I think I need a
> few flavors, and I hope you all can offer advice- here's what I'm
> thinking;
> Salted
> Parm and/or rosemary
> Mustard
> Should a few salted ones be dipped in chocolate? I know beer and
> chocolate can pair nicely...If you have an idea, I'd love to hear it-
> thanks!

Are these soft pretzels or hard pretzels?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 3, 8:50*pm, "news" > wrote:
> "merryb" > wrote in message

> > Hey all- my Mom "suggested" to a co-worker that I would be willing to
> > make pretzels for an open house party- thanks Mom! So, I am going to
> > be baking pretzels for 100 people. We have a local brewery that makes
> > some pretty good beer, so that will be served also- not sure what
> > else. I assume there will be a lot of standing around, so I'm thinking
> > sticks would be easiest, probably 8 inches long or so, and 3 per
> > person- tomorrow will be my first test baking day. I think I need a
> > few flavors, and I hope you all can offer advice- here's what I'm
> > thinking;
> > Salted
> > Parm and/or rosemary
> > Mustard
> > Should a few salted ones be dipped in chocolate? I know beer and
> > chocolate can pair nicely...If you have an idea, I'd love to hear it-
> > thanks!

> Are these soft pretzels or hard pretzels?

I guess it depends on how thick they end up being and how long I bake
them for. I am doing tests tomorrow so I can meet up with the woman
who is in charge on Monday and see what she likes. I personally would
like a bit of both textures- crispy ends with a few softer spots in
between- like a twist. She is the one who is paying, so whatever she
feels is best...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:

>>> Hey all- my Mom "suggested" to a co-worker that I would be willing to
>>> make pretzels for an open house party- thanks Mom! So, I am going to
>>> be baking pretzels for 100 people. We have a local brewery that makes
>>> some pretty good beer, so that will be served also- not sure what
>>> else. I assume there will be a lot of standing around, so I'm thinking
>>> sticks would be easiest, probably 8 inches long or so, and 3 per
>>> person- tomorrow will be my first test baking day. I think I need a
>>> few flavors, and I hope you all can offer advice- here's what I'm
>>> thinking;
>>> Salted
>>> Parm and/or rosemary
>>> Mustard
>>> Should a few salted ones be dipped in chocolate? I know beer and
>>> chocolate can pair nicely...If you have an idea, I'd love to hear it-
>>> thanks!

>> Peanut butter

> Love the peanut butter idea- how would you use it? I have heard from a
> couple of people regarding the mustard flavored- they advise a dipping
> sauce as opposed to incorporating it into the dough. Maybe the same
> idea?

I can think of three options:

1. Incorporate it into the dough: This will make it a bit like a savory
peanut-butter cookie, and ought to go well with beer. The thing to worry
about is getting the peanut-butter flavor without losing the pretzel
texture; it's probably a bit more complicated than simply adding peanut
butter to pretzel dough: If you add enough peanut butter to give a
strong flavor, then you've also significantly changed the cooking
characteristics of the dough, because of the fat and bulk of the peanut
butter.

2. A peanut-butter coating similar to the "yogurt" coating on pretzels:
This would be sweeter, and pairing with beer might not be for everybody
because of that, but it would be good with most sodas (especially grape
soda for that PB&J flavor combination).

3. A peanut-butter dipping sauce: While this would be tasty enough and
would provide the ability for some novel flavor combinations which might
not otherwise be available, I'd put it at the bottom of the list because
guests would likely drop and drip the sauce all over the place, and even
if they didn't, they'd have to go to the trouble of carrying the little
cup of sauce around and then finding a place to put it down.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 17:56:35 -0800 (PST), merryb >
wrote:

>. I think I need a
>few flavors, and I hope you all can offer advice- here's what I'm
>thinking;
>Salted
>Parm and/or rosemary
>Mustard

Garlic

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 3, 5:56*pm, merryb > wrote:
> Hey all- my Mom "suggested" to a co-worker that I would be willing to
> make pretzels for an open house party- thanks Mom! So, I am going to
> be baking pretzels for 100 people. We have a local brewery that makes
> some pretty good beer, so that will be served also- not sure what
> else. I assume there will be a lot of standing around, so I'm thinking
> sticks would be easiest, probably 8 inches long or so, and 3 per
> person- tomorrow will be my first test baking day. I think I need a
> few flavors, and I hope you all can offer advice- here's what I'm
> thinking;
> Salted
> Parm and/or rosemary
> Mustard
> Should a few salted ones be dipped in chocolate? I know beer and
> chocolate can pair nicely...If you have an idea, I'd love to hear it-
> thanks!

Salt and caraway

The one baker here uses Styrian pumpkin seeds (from which comes
Kuerbiskernoel). Might be tough to find.

Black cumin (Nigella sativa)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> * merryb wrote:
> > Hey all- my Mom "suggested" to a co-worker that I would be willing to
> > make pretzels for an open house party- thanks Mom! So, I am going to
> > be baking pretzels for 100 people. We have a local brewery that makes
> > some pretty good beer, so that will be served also- not sure what
> > else. I assume there will be a lot of standing around, so I'm thinking
> > sticks would be easiest, probably 8 inches long or so, and 3 per
> > person- tomorrow will be my first test baking day. I think I need a
> > few flavors, and I hope you all can offer advice- here's what I'm
> > thinking;
> > Salted
> > Parm and/or rosemary
> > Mustard
> > Should a few salted ones be dipped in chocolate? I know beer and
> > chocolate can pair nicely...If you have an idea, I'd love to hear it-
> > thanks!

> The flavors you mention should all be fine. Here are a few others:
>
> Poppy seeds
> Kalonje (a.k.a. onion seeds, though they're not really the seeds of onions)

Kalonje is Nigella sativa aka black cumin.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 4, 5:31*am, Tara > wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 17:56:35 -0800 (PST), merryb >
> wrote:
>
> >. I think I need a
> >few flavors, and I hope you all can offer advice- here's what I'm
> >thinking;
> >Salted
> >Parm and/or rosemary
> >Mustard

> Garlic
>
> Tara

I would use dessicated garlic for this, so there are chunks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 20:38:52 -0800 (PST), merryb >
wrote:

> On Mar 3, 8:27*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> > "merryb" > wrote in message

> > > Hey all- my Mom "suggested" to a co-worker that I would be willing to
> > > make pretzels for an open house party- thanks Mom! So, I am going to
> > > be baking pretzels for 100 people. We have a local brewery that makes
> > > some pretty good beer, so that will be served also- not sure what
> > > else. I assume there will be a lot of standing around, so I'm thinking
> > > sticks would be easiest, probably 8 inches long or so, and 3 per
> > > person- tomorrow will be my first test baking day. I think I need a
> > > few flavors, and I hope you all can offer advice- here's what I'm
> > > thinking;
> > > Salted
> > > Parm and/or rosemary
> > > Mustard
> > > Should a few salted ones be dipped in chocolate? I know beer and
> > > chocolate can pair nicely...If you have an idea, I'd love to hear it-
> > > thanks!

> > Poppy seeds are good on pretzels.

> Interesting idea- thanks! I wonder if a multi-seed would be good??

If poppy is good, "Everything" is even better - don't forget the salt!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 21:06:30 -0800 (PST), merryb >
wrote:

> On Mar 3, 8:50*pm, "news" > wrote:
> >
> > Are these soft pretzels or hard pretzels?

> I guess it depends on how thick they end up being and how long I bake
> them for. I am doing tests tomorrow so I can meet up with the woman
> who is in charge on Monday and see what she likes. I personally would
> like a bit of both textures- crispy ends with a few softer spots in
> between- like a twist. She is the one who is paying, so whatever she
> feels is best...

Does this mean you have a decent soft pretzel recipe to post for us?
I'm always looking.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 4, 5:31*am, Tara > wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 17:56:35 -0800 (PST), merryb >
> wrote:
>
> >. I think I need a
> >few flavors, and I hope you all can offer advice- here's what I'm
> >thinking;
> >Salted
> >Parm and/or rosemary
> >Mustard

> Garlic
>
> Tara

Forgot about that- good call! Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 4, 10:30*am, sf > wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 21:06:30 -0800 (PST), merryb >
> wrote:
>
> > On Mar 3, 8:50*pm, "news" > wrote:

> > > Are these soft pretzels or hard pretzels?

> > I guess it depends on how thick they end up being and how long I bake
> > them for. I am doing tests tomorrow so I can meet up with the woman
> > who is in charge on Monday and see what she likes. I personally would
> > like a bit of both textures- crispy ends with a few softer spots in
> > between- like a twist. She is the one who is paying, so whatever she
> > feels is best...

> Does this mean you have a decent soft pretzel recipe to post for us?
> I'm always looking.
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

I googled a few, so until I try them, I can't make a recommendation.
Today is day one of experiments... I do see a number of recipes that
call for lye, but think I'll go with the baking soda treatment.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 4 Mar 2012 09:49:47 -0800 (PST), spamtrap1888
> wrote:

> On Mar 4, 5:31*am, Tara > wrote:
> > On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 17:56:35 -0800 (PST), merryb >
> > wrote:
> >
> > >. I think I need a
> > >few flavors, and I hope you all can offer advice- here's what I'm
> > >thinking;
> > >Salted
> > >Parm and/or rosemary
> > >Mustard

> > Garlic
> >
> > Tara

> I would use dessicated garlic for this, so there are chunks.

Desiccated garlic?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

>> I would use dessicated garlic for this, so there are chunks.

>Desiccated garlic?

[sic]

Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:
>Tara wrote:
>> merryb wrote:
>>
>> >. I think I need a
>> >few flavors, and I hope you all can offer advice- here's what I'm
>> >thinking;
>> >Salted
>> >Parm and/or rosemary
>> >Mustard

>> Garlic
>>
>> Tara

>Forgot about that- good call! Thanks!

Pretzels coated with dark chocolate.
http://foodconfidence.com/2012/02/21...erry-clusters/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 4 Mar 2012 11:26:26 -0800 (PST), merryb >
wrote:

> I googled a few, so until I try them, I can't make a recommendation.
> Today is day one of experiments... I do see a number of recipes that
> call for lye, but think I'll go with the baking soda treatment.

I used to have a really good one that wasn't fussy and produced
surprisingly good results. Got it from one of the kids elementary
school teachers who had made soft pretzels with the class, so it had
to be easy. I lost it somehow. Maybe I'd transferred it to computer
and it went when the hard drive died. My computers tend to die rather
than be replaced due to age.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 4, 12:21*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Mar 2012 11:26:26 -0800 (PST), merryb >
> wrote:
>
> > I googled a few, so until I try them, I can't make a recommendation.
> > Today is day one of experiments... I do see a number of recipes that
> > call for lye, but think I'll go with the baking soda treatment.

> I used to have a really good one that wasn't fussy and produced
> surprisingly good results. *Got it from one of the kids elementary
> school teachers who had made soft pretzels with the class, so it had
> to be easy. *I lost it somehow. *Maybe I'd transferred it to computer
> and it went when the hard drive died. *My computers tend to die rather
> than be replaced due to age.
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

I just got done mixing up my first batch- it was Alton Brown's recipe.
It's now proofing in my oven. Not the best day to experiment- my
husband is going to put in a new kitchen sink and faucet. He has to
also mess with the ice maker, dishwasher, and hot water dispenser. I
also invited my Mom over for pot roast tonight, which is next on my
list for today's cooking.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 4, 12:13*pm, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> merryb wrote:
> >Tara wrote:

> >> Garlic

> >> Tara

> >Forgot about that- good call! Thanks!

> Pretzels coated with dark chocolate.http://foodconfidence.com/2012/02/21...chocolate-pret...

I think that sounds great, but don't think I'll be doing a bunch of
them. I don't know how much this gal is willing to pay- if I have to
temper chocolate and go thru all that, I will have to charge her
more...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 4, 12:21*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Mar 2012 11:26:26 -0800 (PST), merryb >
> wrote:
>
> > I googled a few, so until I try them, I can't make a recommendation.
> > Today is day one of experiments... I do see a number of recipes that
> > call for lye, but think I'll go with the baking soda treatment.

> I used to have a really good one that wasn't fussy and produced
> surprisingly good results. *Got it from one of the kids elementary
> school teachers who had made soft pretzels with the class, so it had
> to be easy. *I lost it somehow. *Maybe I'd transferred it to computer
> and it went when the hard drive died. *My computers tend to die rather
> than be replaced due to age.
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

I'm liking this recipe- pretty easy! I have made plain salted, plain
rolled in finely grated Grana (hot out of the oven), and I now have
rosemary in the oven. I'm now thinking on how to incorporate peanut
butter. I guess I will trying to make them like a baguette and put on
a thin smear before rolling them up...I've only tasted the salted
ones, and they are good, altho might be a bit bigger than what I want.
I made the rosemary ones half the size, so I'll see shortly.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 4 Mar 2012 15:14:44 -0800 (PST), merryb >
wrote:

> I'm liking this recipe- pretty easy! I have made plain salted, plain
> rolled in finely grated Grana (hot out of the oven), and I now have
> rosemary in the oven. I'm now thinking on how to incorporate peanut
> butter. I guess I will trying to make them like a baguette and put on
> a thin smear before rolling them up...I've only tasted the salted
> ones, and they are good, altho might be a bit bigger than what I want.
> I made the rosemary ones half the size, so I'll see shortly.

Rosemary sounds really good, party material. Do you also sprinkle it
with salt?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 4, 12:13*pm, George M. Middius > wrote:
> sf wrote:
> >> I would use dessicated garlic for this, so there are chunks.

> >Desiccated garlic?

> [sic]

http://www.mccormick.com/Products/He...ic-Minced.aspx

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Hey all- my Mom "suggested" to a co-worker that I would be willing to
>make pretzels for an open house party- thanks Mom! So, I am going to
>be baking pretzels for 100 people. We have a local brewery that makes
>some pretty good beer, so that will be served also- not sure what
>else. I assume there will be a lot of standing around, so I'm thinking
>sticks would be easiest, probably 8 inches long or so, and 3 per
>person- tomorrow will be my first test baking day. I think I need a
>few flavors, and I hope you all can offer advice- here's what I'm
>thinking;
>Salted
>Parm and/or rosemary
>Mustard
>Should a few salted ones be dipped in chocolate? I know beer and
>chocolate can pair nicely...If you have an idea, I'd love to hear it-
>thanks!

Aldi sells "Honey Wheat pretzels" that are really good. I have no
clue how to make them though.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
merryb > wrote:

> chocolate can pair nicely...If you have an idea, I'd love to hear it-

I'd be having a conversation with my mother about volunteering me for a
task. :-)
Good luck with it!

--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 05/03/2012 6:30 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article
> >,
> > wrote:
>
>> chocolate can pair nicely...If you have an idea, I'd love to hear it-

> I'd be having a conversation with my mother about volunteering me for a
> task. :-)
> Good luck with it!

Good luck with it..... that's what I would be telling my mother or
anyone else who volunteered me to make something for that many people.
However.... I might hire myself out to them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 5, 3:30*pm, Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> *merryb > wrote:
> > chocolate can pair nicely...If you have an idea, I'd love to hear it-

> I'd be having a conversation with my mother about volunteering me for a
> task. *:-)
> Good luck with it!
>
> --
> Barb,http://web.me.com/barbschallerSeptember 5, 2011

Thanks! She's just trying to be helpful... I took samples to them this
morning, and they loved them, especially the rosemary ones.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 5, 3:58*pm, Dave Smith > wrote:
> On 05/03/2012 6:30 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
> > In article
> > >,
> > * > *wrote:

> >> chocolate can pair nicely...If you have an idea, I'd love to hear it-

> > I'd be having a conversation with my mother about volunteering me for a
> > task. *:-)
> > Good luck with it!

> Good luck with it..... that's what I would be telling my mother or
> anyone else who volunteered me to make something for that many people.
> However.... I might hire myself out to them.

It's not a volunteer job as I will be charging them! They decided that
they liked the thicker ones, and only want them about 4-5" long. So
based on 3-4 per person, I will charge them about 175.00. I think I
need to do a bit more experimenting with them- going to try par baking
them, then freeze to finish off the day of. They want them warm, so
now I gotta figure out the best way...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 5 Mar 2012 16:08:19 -0800 (PST), merryb >
wrote:

> I took samples to them this
> morning, and they loved them, especially the rosemary ones.

Rosemary pretzels sound wonderful. Hope it works out for you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 6, 10:36*am, sf > wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Mar 2012 16:08:19 -0800 (PST), merryb >
> wrote:
>
> > *I took samples to them this
> > morning, and they loved them, especially the rosemary ones.

> Rosemary pretzels sound wonderful. *Hope it works out for you.
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

Thanks- I sent her a bid last night, but I haven't heard back. For
something 100% hand made with quality ingredients, I don't think I'm
asking too much- maybe too little! If she turns me down, it won't
break my heart.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
merryb > wrote:

> On Mar 5, 3:30*pm, Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> >
> > *merryb > wrote:
> > > chocolate can pair nicely...If you have an idea, I'd love to hear it-

> > I'd be having a conversation with my mother about volunteering me for a
> > task. *:-)
> > Good luck with it!
> >
> > --
> > Barb,http://web.me.com/barbschallerSeptember 5, 2011

> Thanks! She's just trying to be helpful... I took samples to them this
> morning, and they loved them, especially the rosemary ones.

Actually, it sounds like it could be fun. I've never had herbed
pretzels before. Let us know how it works out for you.
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/4/2012 1:34 AM, Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> merryb wrote:
>

>>> Peanut butter

>> Love the peanut butter idea- how would you use it? I have heard from a
>> couple of people regarding the mustard flavored- they advise a dipping
>> sauce as opposed to incorporating it into the dough. Maybe the same
>> idea?

> I can think of three options:
>
> 1. Incorporate it into the dough: This will make it a bit like a savory
> peanut-butter cookie, and ought to go well with beer. The thing to worry
> about is getting the peanut-butter flavor without losing the pretzel
> texture; it's probably a bit more complicated than simply adding peanut
> butter to pretzel dough: If you add enough peanut butter to give a
> strong flavor, then you've also significantly changed the cooking
> characteristics of the dough, because of the fat and bulk of the peanut
> butter.
>
> 2. A peanut-butter coating similar to the "yogurt" coating on pretzels:
> This would be sweeter, and pairing with beer might not be for everybody
> because of that, but it would be good with most sodas (especially grape
> soda for that PB&J flavor combination).
>
> 3. A peanut-butter dipping sauce: While this would be tasty enough and
> would provide the ability for some novel flavor combinations which might
> not otherwise be available, I'd put it at the bottom of the list because
> guests would likely drop and drip the sauce all over the place, and even
> if they didn't, they'd have to go to the trouble of carrying the little
> cup of sauce around and finding a place to put it down.

I wonder if there would be an easy way to stuff the peanut butter
inside the dough? I can't think of a way but I just love those nugget
pretzels with peanut butter inside. Thanks for the ideas.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 21:53:20 -0500, Cheryl >
wrote:

> I wonder if there would be an easy way to stuff the peanut butter
> inside the dough? I can't think of a way but I just love those nugget
> pretzels with peanut butter inside. Thanks for the ideas.

I bet it would be pretty easy to do. Flatten a rectangle of dough and
put some in the middle. Roll it up so the peanut butter would be in
the middle or even make it into a spiral.

I LOVE those TJ peanut butter crunchy pretzel bites, but not loving
the idea of peanut butter soft pretzels. Color me fickle!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/6/2012 11:13 PM, sf wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 21:53:20 -0500, >
> wrote:
>
>> I wonder if there would be an easy way to stuff the peanut butter
>> inside the dough? I can't think of a way but I just love those nugget
>> pretzels with peanut butter inside. Thanks for the ideas.

> I bet it would be pretty easy to do. Flatten a rectangle of dough and
> put some in the middle. Roll it up so the peanut butter would be in
> the middle or even make it into a spiral.
>
> I LOVE those TJ peanut butter crunchy pretzel bites, but not loving
> the idea of peanut butter soft pretzels. Color me fickle!

HOw about peanut butter and jelly soft pretzels?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 23:56:54 -0500, Cheryl >
wrote:

> On 3/6/2012 11:13 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 21:53:20 -0500, >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I wonder if there would be an easy way to stuff the peanut butter
> >> inside the dough? I can't think of a way but I just love those nugget
> >> pretzels with peanut butter inside. Thanks for the ideas.

> > I bet it would be pretty easy to do. Flatten a rectangle of dough and
> > put some in the middle. Roll it up so the peanut butter would be in
> > the middle or even make it into a spiral.
> >
> > I LOVE those TJ peanut butter crunchy pretzel bites, but not loving
> > the idea of peanut butter soft pretzels. Color me fickle!
> >

> HOw about peanut butter and jelly soft pretzels?

Heh. That idea doesn't appeal either. :/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 6, 8:13*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 21:53:20 -0500, Cheryl >
> wrote:
>
> > I wonder if there would be an easy way to stuff the peanut butter
> > inside the dough? *I can't think of a way but I just love those nugget
> > pretzels with peanut butter inside. *Thanks for the ideas.

> I bet it would be pretty easy to do. *Flatten a rectangle of dough and
> put some in the middle. *Roll it up so the peanut butter would be in
> the middle or even make it into a spiral.
>
> I LOVE those TJ peanut butter crunchy pretzel bites, but not loving
> the idea of peanut butter soft pretzels. *Color me fickle! *
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

That's how I'd do them also, but wonder if the p.b. would ooze out
during the boiling part.

What's Up with Pretzels? jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 46 05-10-2014 10:39 PM
Soft Pretzels International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 13-03-2006 07:42 AM
pretzels baresi Beer 0 12-01-2005 12:14 PM
pretzels baresi Beer 0 12-01-2005 12:14 PM
pretzels baresi Beer 0 12-01-2005 12:14 PM