Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default PICs: Silky smooth mashed spuds

The subject came up in here, so I all of a sudden had a hankering for
some!!

Steamed potatos with skin left on and fresh gralic chopped in with
it.......
butter and parmesan cheese into a bowl, in with the steamed spuds, whizzed
up with the stick blender and there you have it.

I bought the SO a gourmet King Island beef and red wine pie, so I put some
mash on her plate, pie on top, with steamed fresh corn on one side, and
steamed peas, beans and sugar snap peas on the other.

http://tinypic.com/m/fc7777/3

http://tinypic.com/m/fc7778/3

http://tinypic.com/m/fc7779/3

http://tinypic.com/m/fc777a/3

--
Peter
Tasmania
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 02:35:25 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back on the laptop"
> wrote:

>The subject came up in here, so I all of a sudden had a hankering for
>some!!
>
>Steamed potatos with skin left on and fresh gralic chopped in with
>it.......
>butter and parmesan cheese into a bowl, in with the steamed spuds, whizzed
>up with the stick blender and there you have it.
>
>I bought the SO a gourmet King Island beef and red wine pie, so I put some
>mash on her plate, pie on top, with steamed fresh corn on one side, and
>steamed peas, beans and sugar snap peas on the other.
>

>http://tinypic.com/m/fc7777/3
>

>http://tinypic.com/m/fc7778/3
>

>http://tinypic.com/m/fc7779/3
>

>http://tinypic.com/m/fc777a/3

Those spuds ain't mashed... library paste.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
> On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 02:35:25 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back on the laptop"
> > wrote:
>
>>The subject came up in here, so I all of a sudden had a hankering for
>>some!!
>>
>>Steamed potatos with skin left on and fresh gralic chopped in with
>>it.......
>>butter and parmesan cheese into a bowl, in with the steamed spuds, whizzed
>>up with the stick blender and there you have it.
>>
>>I bought the SO a gourmet King Island beef and red wine pie, so I put some
>>mash on her plate, pie on top, with steamed fresh corn on one side, and
>>steamed peas, beans and sugar snap peas on the other.

(snipped prep)

>>http://tinypic.com/m/fc777a/3

> Those spuds ain't mashed... library paste.

I have to agree. That's gloppy mush. They're not even whipped potatoes.
Way too much liquid as far as I can tell from the photo. I've had whipped
potatoes, they still stand up in peaks after being beaten with a hand mixer.
And they don't look "glossy". I wouldn't eat that slop.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, March 1, 2012 11:38:40 AM UTC-7, jmcquown wrote:
> [...]

> >>some!!
> >>
> >>Steamed potatos with skin left on and fresh gralic chopped in with
> >>it.......
> >>butter and parmesan cheese into a bowl, in with the steamed spuds, whizzed
> >>up with the stick blender and there you have it.
> >>
> >>I bought the SO a gourmet King Island beef and red wine pie, so I put some
> >>mash on her plate, pie on top, with steamed fresh corn on one side, and
> >>steamed peas, beans and sugar snap peas on the other.
> >>

> (snipped prep)
>
> >>http://tinypic.com/m/fc777a/3

> > Those spuds ain't mashed... library paste.

> I have to agree. That's gloppy mush. They're not even whipped potatoes.
> Way too much liquid as far as I can tell from the photo. I've had whipped
> potatoes, they still stand up in peaks after being beaten with a hand mixer.
> And they don't look "glossy". I wouldn't eat that slop.

I agree...potato paste is more like it. I prefer a hand masher over power mixer also. More control by far.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, March 1, 2012 12:52:58 PM UTC-7, Bull wrote:
> In article >,
> Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 02:35:25 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back on the laptop"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >The subject came up in here, so I all of a sudden had a hankering for
> > >some!!
> > >
> > >Steamed potatos with skin left on and fresh gralic chopped in with
> > >it.......
> > >butter and parmesan cheese into a bowl, in with the steamed spuds, whizzed
> > >up with the stick blender and there you have it.
> > >
> > >I bought the SO a gourmet King Island beef and red wine pie, so I put some
> > >mash on her plate, pie on top, with steamed fresh corn on one side, and
> > >steamed peas, beans and sugar snap peas on the other.
> > >

> > >http://tinypic.com/m/fc7777/3
> > >

> > >http://tinypic.com/m/fc7778/3
> > >

> > >http://tinypic.com/m/fc7779/3
> > >

> > >http://tinypic.com/m/fc777a/3

> > Those spuds ain't mashed... library paste.

> ahahahahaha
>
> Mushed to death. The slovenly lap top peter baby knows all about some
> shitty eatin'. Why would anyone muck up such a load and go to the
> trouble of taking a picture of that mess and then posting it?
>

> BULL

Cuz Peter is the Tasmanian Devil gourmet and he likes attention.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz > wrote:
-snip-

>Practically every culinary text out there will tell you never to use a
>stick blender or food processor to make mashed potatoes

Even the directions tell you "Not recommended for mashed potatoes."
http://www.cuisinart.com/share/pdf/manuals/csb-77.pdf

>Why? This is why:
>
>> http://tinypic.com/m/fc777a/3

>Wallpaper paste.

Looks like the potatoes that I made with my brand new stick blender
last Christmas. One taste sent me to the manual--- oops!

I like them better lumpy, but I wanted to play with a new toy.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/1/2012 11:38 AM, jmcquown wrote:

> "Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 02:35:25 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back on the laptop"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> The subject came up in here, so I all of a sudden had a hankering for
>>> some!!
>>>
>>> Steamed potatos with skin left on and fresh gralic chopped in with
>>> it.......
>>> butter and parmesan cheese into a bowl, in with the steamed spuds,
>>> whizzed
>>> up with the stick blender and there you have it.
>>>
>>> I bought the SO a gourmet King Island beef and red wine pie, so I put
>>> some
>>> mash on her plate, pie on top, with steamed fresh corn on one side, and
>>> steamed peas, beans and sugar snap peas on the other.
>>>

> (snipped prep)
>
>>> http://tinypic.com/m/fc777a/3

>> Those spuds ain't mashed... library paste.

> I have to agree. That's gloppy mush. They're not even whipped potatoes.
> Way too much liquid as far as I can tell from the photo. I've had
> whipped potatoes, they still stand up in peaks after being beaten with a
> hand mixer. And they don't look "glossy". I wouldn't eat that slop.

I'm with you and Sheldon. That looks like lumpy pudding. Wherever did
the OP get the idea that this is what "silky smooth" is?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 01/03/2012 1:38 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>> Those spuds ain't mashed... library paste.

> I have to agree. That's gloppy mush. They're not even whipped potatoes.
> Way too much liquid as far as I can tell from the photo. I've had
> whipped potatoes, they still stand up in peaks after being beaten with a
> hand mixer. And they don't look "glossy". I wouldn't eat that slop.

Me too. I like my mashed potatoes a little drier and coarser, not
creamed into pasty goo.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 17:33:25 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 01 Mar 2012 17:17:54 -0500, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz > wrote:
>> -snip-
>>>
>>>Practically every culinary text out there will tell you never to use a
>>>stick blender or food processor to make mashed potatoes

>> Even the directions tell you "Not recommended for mashed potatoes."
>> http://www.cuisinart.com/share/pdf/manuals/csb-77.pdf

><laugh> OK, make that EVERY culinary text :-)

That's either banana pudding or some goop one would buy in a five
gallon bucket at Lowe's.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in
:

> "Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 02:35:25 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back on the laptop"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>The subject came up in here, so I all of a sudden had a hankering for
>>>some!!
>>>
>>>Steamed potatos with skin left on and fresh gralic chopped in with
>>>it.......
>>>butter and parmesan cheese into a bowl, in with the steamed spuds,
>>>whizzed up with the stick blender and there you have it.
>>>
>>>I bought the SO a gourmet King Island beef and red wine pie, so I put
>>>some mash on her plate, pie on top, with steamed fresh corn on one
>>>side, and steamed peas, beans and sugar snap peas on the other.
>>>

> (snipped prep)
>
>>>http://tinypic.com/m/fc777a/3

>> Those spuds ain't mashed... library paste.

> I have to agree. That's gloppy mush. They're not even whipped
> potatoes. Way too much liquid as far as I can tell from the photo.
> I've had whipped potatoes, they still stand up in peaks after being
> beaten with a hand mixer. And they don't look "glossy". I wouldn't
> eat that slop.
>
> Jill

No one asked you to.

And as both you and Penmarto were not there (not that you'd ever get an
invite) and never tasted it, you're talking out your ass.

"As far as I can tell" says it exactly....... and you wouldn't know shit
from clay.

*I* like it because it goes down smooth and easy for me, and the SO likes
it for the flavour.

--
Peter
Tasmania

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pennyaline > wrote in
:

> On 3/1/2012 11:38 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> "Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
>>> On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 02:35:25 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back on the laptop"

>> (snipped prep)

>>> Those spuds ain't mashed... library paste.

>> I have to agree. That's gloppy mush. They're not even whipped
>> potatoes. Way too much liquid as far as I can tell from the photo.
>> I've had whipped potatoes, they still stand up in peaks after being
>> beaten with a hand mixer. And they don't look "glossy". I wouldn't
>> eat that slop.

> I'm with you and Sheldon. That looks like lumpy pudding. Wherever did
> the OP get the idea that this is what "silky smooth" is?

Once again, were any of you there to taste it? No.
You're all just going off a picture snapped inbetween doing a multitude
of things.

And yet you all think that it makes you experts that can judge flavour
and texture, just from a pic!!

X = an unknown quantity,
spert = a drip under pressure.

BTW, the "lumps" are the bits of skin, which I left on the spuds.

--
Peter
Tasmania
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith > wrote in news:zhT3r.61756$_Y2.40424
@unlimited.newshosting.com:

> On 01/03/2012 1:38 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>

>>> Those spuds ain't mashed... library paste.

>> I have to agree. That's gloppy mush. They're not even whipped potatoes.
>> Way too much liquid as far as I can tell from the photo. I've had
>> whipped potatoes, they still stand up in peaks after being beaten with a
>> hand mixer. And they don't look "glossy". I wouldn't eat that slop.

> Me too. I like my mashed potatoes a little drier and coarser, not
> creamed into pasty goo.

So now everyone in the world has to make mashed potato just to suit some
idiots across the other side of the world, right?

Get over yourselves, and try and think for a moment that not everyone in
the world wants what you want.

"Drier and coarser" mashed potatos cause me great pain. But that's of no
consequence to you or the others, is it? I *have* to make my food to suit
your tastes, otherwise it's just no good, right?

--
Peter
Tasmania
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jim Elbrecht > wrote in
:

> Even the directions tell you "Not recommended for mashed potatoes."
> http://www.cuisinart.com/share/pdf/manuals/csb-77.pdf

And whoever reads the instructions???!!!

>>> http://tinypic.com/m/fc777a/3

> Looks like the potatoes that I made with my brand new stick blender
> last Christmas. One taste sent me to the manual--- oops!
>
> I like them better lumpy, but I wanted to play with a new toy.

I used to like mine lumpy/rustic as well. When it's just the SO eating
them, that's how I do it.
Lumpy/drier/coarser mashed potatos are fine, they just cause an obstruction
at the end of my stomach that causes me great pain and discomfort.

And according to the other morons on here who piped up with their 2c worth
about this thread, that doesn't matter because the potatos aren't done to
suit *them*.

--
Peter
Tasmania
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/03/2012 6:35 AM, Roy wrote:
> On Thursday, March 1, 2012 11:38:40 AM UTC-7, jmcquown wrote:
>> "Brooklyn1"<Gravesend1> wrote in message
>>> On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 02:35:25 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back on the laptop"

Snip>

>> I have to agree. That's gloppy mush. They're not even whipped potatoes.
>> Way too much liquid as far as I can tell from the photo. I've had whipped
>> potatoes, they still stand up in peaks after being beaten with a hand mixer.
>> And they don't look "glossy". I wouldn't eat that slop.
>>
>> Jill

> I agree...potato paste is more like it. I prefer a hand masher over power mixer also. More control by far.

I've always used the hand masher. Made mashed potatoes a few nights ago
with it. Mine didn't look as mushy as those. Tasted good too.

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/1/2012 6:00 PM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:

> Once again, were any of you there to taste it? No.
> You're all just going off a picture snapped inbetween doing a multitude
> of things.
>
> And yet you all think that it makes you experts that can judge flavour
> and texture, just from a pic!!
>
> X = an unknown quantity,
> spert = a drip under pressure.
>

> BTW, the "lumps" are the bits of skin, which I left on the spuds.

In which case it's not "silky smooth," is it.

If you wanted critique of texture and flavor, you should have waited for
the samples you sent us to arrive, then posted. We'll be glad to tell
you as soon as it gets here... you did send them, right? No? Oh, well
then, I guess you're stuck with us judging silkiness and smoothness from
the picture of lumpy pudding that you posted.

I'll hand it to you, though. You do indeed seem to be a mashed potato
"x-spert."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/03/2012 9:39 AM, Pennyaline wrote:
> On 3/1/2012 11:38 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> "Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
>>> On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 02:35:25 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back on the laptop"

>> (snipped prep)

>>> Those spuds ain't mashed... library paste.

>> I have to agree. That's gloppy mush. They're not even whipped potatoes.
>> Way too much liquid as far as I can tell from the photo. I've had
>> whipped potatoes, they still stand up in peaks after being beaten with a
>> hand mixer. And they don't look "glossy". I wouldn't eat that slop.

> I'm with you and Sheldon. That looks like lumpy pudding. Wherever did
> the OP get the idea that this is what "silky smooth" is?

Probably matches the lumps on his head his "SO' gives him after he's
stuffed up yet another cooking episode!

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/1/2012 6:08 PM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:

> And according to the other morons on here who piped up with their 2c worth
> about this thread, that doesn't matter because the potatos aren't done to
> suit *them*.

That's right. It doesn't matter. So what are you getting so worked up about?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/03/2012 12:00 PM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:
> > wrote in
> :

>>> (snipped prep)

>>> I have to agree. That's gloppy mush. They're not even whipped
>>> potatoes. Way too much liquid as far as I can tell from the photo.
>>> I've had whipped potatoes, they still stand up in peaks after being
>>> beaten with a hand mixer. And they don't look "glossy". I wouldn't
>>> eat that slop.

>> I'm with you and Sheldon. That looks like lumpy pudding. Wherever did
>> the OP get the idea that this is what "silky smooth" is?
>>

> Once again, were any of you there to taste it? No.
> You're all just going off a picture snapped inbetween doing a multitude
> of things.

And this can only be a good thing. In reality, we were being "turned
off" by your picture.

> And yet you all think that it makes you experts that can judge flavour
> and texture, just from a pic!!

Talk to any chef worth his salt, presentation is everything. If it looks
bad, the diners perception will be swayed by that and, to them, it will
taste bad.

> X = an unknown quantity,
> spert = a drip under pressure.

Defines you nicely. You think you're an expert yet you can't stand valid
criticism.

> BTW, the "lumps" are the bits of skin, which I left on the spuds.

Laziness on your part. For mashed potatoes, it is best to peel them
first as the "appearance" is spoilt by the lumpiness, a point commented
on by others. You've learnt something today, build on it!

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/03/2012 12:03 PM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:
> Dave > wrote in news:zhT3r.61756$_Y2.40424
> @unlimited.newshosting.com:

>>> I have to agree. That's gloppy mush. They're not even whipped potatoes.
>>> Way too much liquid as far as I can tell from the photo. I've had
>>> whipped potatoes, they still stand up in peaks after being beaten with a
>>> hand mixer. And they don't look "glossy". I wouldn't eat that slop.

>> Me too. I like my mashed potatoes a little drier and coarser, not
>> creamed into pasty goo.
>>

> So now everyone in the world has to make mashed potato just to suit some
> idiots across the other side of the world, right?

Well, I'm on "your" side of the world and I don't like mushy mashed
spuds. As for idiots, it was you who assumed that all of us out here
have to like what YOU produce. Poor assumption on your part.

> Get over yourselves, and try and think for a moment that not everyone in
> the world wants what you want.

You need to get over yourself and admit that what you produce is not
what most people want. You are just fishing for praise! If you don't
want criticism, don't post your pics.

> "Drier and coarser" mashed potatos cause me great pain. But that's of no
> consequence to you or the others, is it? I *have* to make my food to suit
> your tastes, otherwise it's just no good, right?

If you have to make food specific to just your needs and taste, then it
quite simply isn't relevant to the vast majority of people out here in
the real world who don't have your cross to bear. Get over it, you
aren't the centre of everyone's universe!

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pennyaline > wrote in
:

> On 3/1/2012 6:08 PM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:
>
>> And according to the other morons on here who piped up with their 2c
>> worth about this thread, that doesn't matter because the potatos
>> aren't done to suit *them*.

> That's right. It doesn't matter. So what are you getting so worked up
> about?

I'm not, just pointing out that you, and the rest of the morons, are
probably the reason a lot more people don't post on here, and certainly
don't post pics.

And as you so 'judiciously' snipped.......

"I used to like mine lumpy/rustic as well. When it's just the SO eating
them, that's how I do it.
Lumpy/drier/coarser mashed potatos are fine, they just cause an obstruction
at the end of my stomach that causes me great pain and discomfort.

And according to the other morons on here who piped up with their 2c worth
about this thread, that doesn't matter because the potatos aren't done to
suit *them*."

Now, if anyone else on here had some sort of medical problem that caused
them to only eat certain types of food, would you slag off at them and the
food they *have* to eat?

--
Peter
Tasmania

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/03/2012 11:55 AM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:
> > wrote in
> :
>

>> "Brooklyn1"<Gravesend1> wrote in message
>>> On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 02:35:25 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back on the laptop"

>> (snipped prep)

>>> Those spuds ain't mashed... library paste.

>> I have to agree. That's gloppy mush. They're not even whipped
>> potatoes. Way too much liquid as far as I can tell from the photo.
>> I've had whipped potatoes, they still stand up in peaks after being
>> beaten with a hand mixer. And they don't look "glossy". I wouldn't
>> eat that slop.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> No one asked you to.

By posting your pics, you did in fact invite comment. Other people may
have had prior experience with what to them looked like, and tasted
like, slop. You post a pic of "slop", that will bring to their mind at
least recollections of past slop. That WILL affect their perceptions of
taste, whether you accept that fact or not.

> And as both you and Penmarto were not there (not that you'd ever get an
> invite) and never tasted it, you're talking out your ass.

No, you are talking out of yours. You invited constructive criticism by
posting your pics.

> "As far as I can tell" says it exactly....... and you wouldn't know shit
> from clay.

Well, it could have been clay instead of mashed potato under all that
"glop"! How are we to know?

> *I* like it because it goes down smooth and easy for me, and the SO likes
> it for the flavour.

If you and your SO like it because you actually tried it, how in hell
are we ever able to have that experience? I'll give you a tip, if you
don't want criticism of the "vision" of your cooking attempts, don't
post the pictures! OK???

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/03/2012 6:52 AM, Bull wrote:
> In >,
> Brooklyn1<Gravesend1> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 02:35:25 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back on the laptop"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> The subject came up in here, so I all of a sudden had a hankering for
>>> some!!
>>>
>>> Steamed potatos with skin left on and fresh gralic chopped in with
>>> it.......
>>> butter and parmesan cheese into a bowl, in with the steamed spuds, whizzed
>>> up with the stick blender and there you have it.
>>>
>>> I bought the SO a gourmet King Island beef and red wine pie, so I put some
>>> mash on her plate, pie on top, with steamed fresh corn on one side, and
>>> steamed peas, beans and sugar snap peas on the other.
>>>

>>> http://tinypic.com/m/fc7777/3
>>>

>>> http://tinypic.com/m/fc7778/3
>>>

>>> http://tinypic.com/m/fc7779/3
>>>

>>> http://tinypic.com/m/fc777a/3

>> Those spuds ain't mashed... library paste.

> ahahahahaha
>
> Mushed to death. The slovenly lap top peter baby knows all about some
> shitty eatin'. Why would anyone muck up such a load and go to the
> trouble of taking a picture of that mess and then posting it?
>

> BULL

He's just fishing for compliments and has cracked the sads when all he
got was valid criticism.

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/03/2012 7:47 AM, Roy wrote:
> On Thursday, March 1, 2012 12:52:58 PM UTC-7, Bull wrote:
>> In >,
>> Brooklyn1<Gravesend1> wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 02:35:25 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back on the laptop"

>>> Those spuds ain't mashed... library paste.

>> ahahahahaha
>>
>> Mushed to death. The slovenly lap top peter baby knows all about some
>> shitty eatin'. Why would anyone muck up such a load and go to the
>> trouble of taking a picture of that mess and then posting it?
>>

>> BULL

> Cuz Peter is the Tasmanian Devil gourmet and he likes attention.

He's NOT a Tasmanian Devil, just an immigrant to the place, and yes he
is an attention seeker.

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/03/2012 7:59 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 02:35:25 +0000 (UTC), I'm back on the laptop wrote:
>
>> Steamed potatos with skin left on and fresh gralic chopped in with
>> it.......
>> butter and parmesan cheese into a bowl, in with the steamed spuds, whizzed
>> up with the stick blender and there you have it.

> Practically every culinary text out there will tell you never to use a
> stick blender or food processor to make mashed potatoes
>
> Why? This is why:
>
>> http://tinypic.com/m/fc777a/3

> Wallpaper paste.
>
> Congratulations, Peter. You have demonstrated it perfectly. You have
> also flunked Cooking 101.
>
> -sw

LOL

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/03/2012 12:08 PM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:
> Jim > wrote in
> :
>

>> Even the directions tell you "Not recommended for mashed potatoes."
>> http://www.cuisinart.com/share/pdf/manuals/csb-77.pdf

> And whoever reads the instructions???!!!

Smart people obviously!

That sorts out where YOU fit on the scale.

<snip>

--

Krypsis

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/03/2012 12:52 PM, Pennyaline wrote:
> On 3/1/2012 6:00 PM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:
>

>> Once again, were any of you there to taste it? No.
>> You're all just going off a picture snapped inbetween doing a multitude
>> of things.
>>
>> And yet you all think that it makes you experts that can judge flavour
>> and texture, just from a pic!!
>>
>> X = an unknown quantity,
>> spert = a drip under pressure.
>>

>> BTW, the "lumps" are the bits of skin, which I left on the spuds.

> In which case it's not "silky smooth," is it.
>
> If you wanted critique of texture and flavor, you should have waited for
> the samples you sent us to arrive, then posted. We'll be glad to tell
> you as soon as it gets here... you did send them, right? No? Oh, well
> then, I guess you're stuck with us judging silkiness and smoothness from
> the picture of lumpy pudding that you posted.
>
> I'll hand it to you, though. You do indeed seem to be a mashed potato
> "x-spert."

He is definitely the "drip" part!

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Captain Peter Swallows bitched to Dave Smith:

>> Me too. I like my mashed potatoes a little drier and coarser, not
>> creamed into pasty goo.

> So now everyone in the world has to make mashed potato just to suit some
> idiots across the other side of the world, right?
>
> Get over yourselves, and try and think for a moment that not everyone in
> the world wants what you want.
>
> "Drier and coarser" mashed potatos cause me great pain. But that's of no
> consequence to you or the others, is it? I *have* to make my food to suit
> your tastes, otherwise it's just no good, right?

More to the point, "pasty goo" is *exactly* what you want to consume,
isn't it?

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 20:05:47 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Fri, 2 Mar 2012 01:08:44 +0000 (UTC), I'm back on the laptop wrote:
>
>> I used to like mine lumpy/rustic as well. When it's just the SO eating
>> them, that's how I do it.
>> Lumpy/drier/coarser mashed potatos are fine, they just cause an obstruction
>> at the end of my stomach that causes me great pain and discomfort.

>Listen to the liar - now he spins it like his stomach *requires* that
>wallappaer paste.
>
><snork>
>
>> And according to the other morons on here who piped up with their 2c worth
>> about this thread, that doesn't matter because the potatos aren't done to
>> suit *them*.

>And of course he has to get his <pout> in, too. All you meanie
>poopie heads!!

Coulda pulled it off, only thing missing was serving it on a bed of
salad. LOL I seriously doubt there are any cooks down under.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Captain Peter Swallows unsuccessfully tried to weasel:

> I used to like mine lumpy/rustic as well. When it's just the SO eating
> them, that's how I do it.
> Lumpy/drier/coarser mashed potatos are fine, they just cause an obstruction
> at the end of my stomach that causes me great pain and discomfort.

Maybe you should try CHEWING the potatoes. Oh wait, you had all your
teeth pulled so you'd give better blowjobs, didn't you?

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pennyaline > wrote in news:4f5027fa
:

> On 3/1/2012 6:00 PM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:
>

>> Once again, were any of you there to taste it? No.
>> You're all just going off a picture snapped inbetween doing a

multitude
>> of things.
>>
>> And yet you all think that it makes you experts that can judge

flavour
>> and texture, just from a pic!!
>>
>> X = an unknown quantity,
>> spert = a drip under pressure.
>>

>> BTW, the "lumps" are the bits of skin, which I left on the spuds.

> In which case it's not "silky smooth," is it.

And they are not "lumps", are they?

You only see them as "lumps".

And you made an *ass*umption.

> If you wanted critique of texture and flavor, you should have waited

for
> the samples you sent us to arrive, then posted. We'll be glad to tell
> you as soon as it gets here... you did send them, right? No? Oh, well
> then, I guess you're stuck with us judging silkiness and smoothness

from
> the picture of lumpy pudding that you posted.

So the comments "gloopy mush" and "library paste" ect are no reflection
on the taste? The flavour was *sublime*..... and I didn't even use
roasted garlic this time..... because O!! M!! G!!! that would have put
some extra small "lumps" in it, and hence the silky smooth spuds
couldn't *possibly* be called silky smooth, could it?

And the childish "I wouldn't eat that!!".... just goes to show what
pedestrian eaters most on here are. Makes me wonder what the hell you're
all doing on here if you're not willing to try something 'outside the
box'.

> I'll hand it to you, though. You do indeed seem to be a mashed potato
> "x-spert."

Oh dear, I seem to have hit a nerve!!!

LOL!!

Here's just a few recipes I spent a nano-second looking for that a) use
a blender/hand mixer to 'smooth' the spuds, and b) use quite a lot of
'liquid'.

http://www.food.com/recipe/silky-smo...otatoes-410102

http://www.babble.com/best-recipes/k...smooth-mashed-
potatoes-recipe-kids/

"Silky Smooth Mashed Potatoes
For some kids, chunky, rustic mashed potatoes just won't do. Try this
smooth and silky version that’ll go down like ice cream."

Like *ice cream*??!! OMG, that's not chunky textured mashed potato, is
it?? Maybe you should all bombard that website with hate mail to get
them to change their recipe to suit your individual taste, hey?

--
Peter
Tasmania

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/03/2012 1:14 PM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:
> > wrote in
> :
>
>> On 3/1/2012 6:08 PM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:
>>
>>> And according to the other morons on here who piped up with their 2c
>>> worth about this thread, that doesn't matter because the potatos
>>> aren't done to suit *them*.

>> That's right. It doesn't matter. So what are you getting so worked up
>> about?
>>

> I'm not, just pointing out that you, and the rest of the morons, are
> probably the reason a lot more people don't post on here, and certainly
> don't post pics.
>
> And as you so 'judiciously' snipped.......
>
> "I used to like mine lumpy/rustic as well. When it's just the SO eating
> them, that's how I do it.
> Lumpy/drier/coarser mashed potatos are fine, they just cause an obstruction
> at the end of my stomach that causes me great pain and discomfort.

We cannot feel your pain. Anyway, why leave the hard to digest bits of
skin on the spuds prior to mashing if your widdle tum tum is so
delicate. The lumpy skin would give you more grief than a few bits of
lumpy spud.

> And according to the other morons on here who piped up with their 2c worth
> about this thread, that doesn't matter because the potatos aren't done to
> suit *them*."

The pics were "done" in an attempt to "impress" us. It didn't work so
get over it!

> Now, if anyone else on here had some sort of medical problem that caused
> them to only eat certain types of food, would you slag off at them and the
> food they *have* to eat?

If WE don't have your medical problem, why barrage us with pics of stuff
we don't need to suffer. You might be better off posting your pics on
the nursing home or hospital bulletin boards as it's likely that you'll
find similarly suffering people there who might appreciate your works.
Those of us who have normal fully functional internal organs can dine on
real food and don't need to know how to prepare gloppy looking mush that
caters to the needs of "one person".

If you can't handle constructive criticism, don't post the pics.

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/03/2012 1:05 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Mar 2012 01:08:44 +0000 (UTC), I'm back on the laptop wrote:
>
>> I used to like mine lumpy/rustic as well. When it's just the SO eating
>> them, that's how I do it.
>> Lumpy/drier/coarser mashed potatos are fine, they just cause an obstruction
>> at the end of my stomach that causes me great pain and discomfort.

> Listen to the liar - now he spins it like his stomach *requires* that
> wallappaer paste.
>
> <snork>
>
>> And according to the other morons on here who piped up with their 2c worth
>> about this thread, that doesn't matter because the potatos aren't done to
>> suit *them*.

> And of course he has to get his<pout> in, too. All you meanie
> poopie heads!!
>
> -sw

As I stated in another post, the potato skins he says are in the mix
will cause his stomach far more grief than any lumpiness in the mix.

PL has more wriggles than a snake!

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/03/2012 1:24 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 20:05:47 -0600, >
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 2 Mar 2012 01:08:44 +0000 (UTC), I'm back on the laptop wrote:
>>
>>> I used to like mine lumpy/rustic as well. When it's just the SO eating
>>> them, that's how I do it.
>>> Lumpy/drier/coarser mashed potatos are fine, they just cause an obstruction
>>> at the end of my stomach that causes me great pain and discomfort.

>> Listen to the liar - now he spins it like his stomach *requires* that
>> wallappaer paste.
>>
>> <snork>
>>
>>> And according to the other morons on here who piped up with their 2c worth
>>> about this thread, that doesn't matter because the potatos aren't done to
>>> suit *them*.

>> And of course he has to get his<pout> in, too. All you meanie
>> poopie heads!!

> Coulda pulled it off, only thing missing was serving it on a bed of
> salad. LOL I seriously doubt there are any cooks down under.

There are a lot of cooks down under. PL isn't one of them. He is just a
wannabee.

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/03/2012 1:27 PM, Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> Captain Peter Swallows unsuccessfully tried to weasel:
>
>> I used to like mine lumpy/rustic as well. When it's just the SO eating
>> them, that's how I do it.
>> Lumpy/drier/coarser mashed potatos are fine, they just cause an
>> obstruction
>> at the end of my stomach that causes me great pain and discomfort.

> Maybe you should try CHEWING the potatoes. Oh wait, you had all your
> teeth pulled so you'd give better blowjobs, didn't you?
>
> Bob

I'm getting to like this thread! ROTFLMFAO

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 01/03/2012 8:03 PM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:

> So now everyone in the world has to make mashed potato just to suit some
> idiots across the other side of the world, right?
>
> Get over yourselves, and try and think for a moment that not everyone in
> the world wants what you want.

Get over ourselves??? You're the one who posted pictures of potato
pudding.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith > wrote in news:OrW3r.43478$3D4.3336
@unlimited.newshosting.com:

> On 01/03/2012 8:03 PM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:
>
>> So now everyone in the world has to make mashed potato just to suit some
>> idiots across the other side of the world, right?
>>
>> Get over yourselves, and try and think for a moment that not everyone in
>> the world wants what you want.

> Get over ourselves??? You're the one who posted pictures of potato
> pudding.

And didn't the subject of pumpkin/potato pudding come up here recently??
I'll give you a hint....... yes.

Like I said, get over yourselves, and try and comprehend that not everyone
in the world wants their food as bland as you Americans.

Opps!! You're from Canadia. Oh well, no difference.

--
Peter
Tasmania
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 2 Mar 2012 02:14:01 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back on the laptop"

:

>> On 3/1/2012 6:08 PM, I'm back on the laptop wrote:
>>
>>> And according to the other morons on here who piped up with their 2c
>>> worth about this thread, that doesn't matter because the potatos
>>> aren't done to suit *them*.

>> That's right. It doesn't matter. So what are you getting so worked up
>> about?

>I'm not, just pointing out that you, and the rest of the morons, are
>probably the reason a lot more people don't post on here, and certainly
>don't post pics.

You're right, they're keyboard kooks and cowards... but unless you
accept sincere constructive criticism graciously all you do is elevate
the morons to sainthood. Just post your pictures and STFU... don't
beg for praise (that's so sad). I post pictures all the time and
often I recieve no comments whatsoever, I just assume that what I do
is so perfect that it requires no comment, and any negativity I
consider the source. I've prepared many, many failures, I would not
have posted those spuds, you were asking for a kick in the nuts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 02:35:25 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back on the laptop"
> wrote:

>The subject came up in here, so I all of a sudden had a hankering for
>some!!
>
>Steamed potatos with skin left on and fresh gralic chopped in with
>it.......
>butter and parmesan cheese into a bowl, in with the steamed spuds, whizzed
>up with the stick blender and there you have it.
>
>I bought the SO a gourmet King Island beef and red wine pie, so I put some
>mash on her plate, pie on top, with steamed fresh corn on one side, and
>steamed peas, beans and sugar snap peas on the other.
>

>http://tinypic.com/m/fc7777/3
>

>http://tinypic.com/m/fc7778/3
>

>http://tinypic.com/m/fc7779/3
>

>http://tinypic.com/m/fc777a/3

What in HELL is that bucket of sludge supposed to be?
It sure aint mashed potato. I feel sick just looking at the pics.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 01 Mar 2012 15:19:48 -0600, Bull > wrote:

>In article >, Andy > wrote:

>> > I have to agree. That's gloppy mush. They're not even whipped
>> > potatoes. Way too much liquid as far as I can tell from the photo.
>> > I've had whipped potatoes, they still stand up in peaks after being
>> > beaten with a hand mixer. And they don't look "glossy". I wouldn't
>> > eat that slop.

>> +1

>+1 is being very kind and generous to the L. spuds McPeter. Surely the
>SO could find herself a real man capable of cooking something fit to
>eat.

It probably reminds him of ***. That is why swallows loves it so.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Captain Peter Swallows vainly tried to bolster his shitty potatoes:

> Here's just a few recipes I spent a nano-second looking for that a) use
> a blender/hand mixer to 'smooth' the spuds, and b) use quite a lot of
> 'liquid'.
>
> http://www.food.com/recipe/silky-smo...otatoes-410102
>
> http://www.babble.com/best-recipes/k...smooth-mashed-
> potatoes-recipe-kids/
>
> "Silky Smooth Mashed Potatoes
> For some kids, chunky, rustic mashed potatoes just won't do. Try this
> smooth and silky version that’ll go down like ice cream."
>
> Like *ice cream*??!! OMG, that's not chunky textured mashed potato, is
> it?? Maybe you should all bombard that website with hate mail to get
> them to change their recipe to suit your individual taste, hey?

Do you really expect anyone to be swayed by the fact that you found two
recipes on the Internet which feature the same horrible mistake that you
made? Just admit that you ****ed up. Try being a MAN about it for once,
rather than a bitchy little drama queen.

Bob