Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Clay pot chicken in about 75 minutes - question

Clay pot cookery tonight, a five-pound roaster, mirepoix within. I have
a lime that needs using and I have some pineapple juice from fresh
pineapple (I have that, too). Can I do anything to that chicken that
will involve the two fruits without screwing up the chicken?
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 20, 2:46*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> Clay pot cookery tonight, a five-pound roaster, mirepoix within. *I have
> a lime that needs using and I have some pineapple juice from fresh
> pineapple (I have that, too). *Can I do anything to that chicken that
> will involve the two fruits without screwing up the chicken?
> --
> Barb,http://web.me.com/barbschallerSeptember 5, 2011

Make a cocktail while you wait for the chicken to cook- rum would be
good if you have it!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
merryb > wrote:

> On Jan 20, 2:46*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
> wrote:
> > Clay pot cookery tonight, a five-pound roaster, mirepoix within. *I have
> > a lime that needs using and I have some pineapple juice from fresh
> > pineapple (I have that, too). *Can I do anything to that chicken that
> > will involve the two fruits without screwing up the chicken?
> > --
> > Barb,http://web.me.com/barbschallerSeptember 5, 2011

> Make a cocktail while you wait for the chicken to cook- rum would be
> good if you have it!

LOL! I love a practical woman. I think it's too late - birdie will be
done in 20 minutes.
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

wrote:
> Clay pot cookery tonight, a five-pound roaster, mirepoix within. *I have
> a lime that needs using and I have some pineapple juice from fresh
> pineapple (I have that, too). *Can I do anything to that chicken that
> will involve the two fruits without screwing up the chicken?
> --
> Barb,http://web.me.com/barbschallerSeptember 5, 2011

make a sauce with it, the pineapple juice shouldn't be too very sweet
if it's fresh ....do a Thai inspired sauce.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Jan 20, 3:40*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> *merryb > wrote:
> > On Jan 20, 2:46 pm, Melba's Jammin' >
> > wrote:
> > > Clay pot cookery tonight, a five-pound roaster, mirepoix within. I have
> > > a lime that needs using and I have some pineapple juice from fresh
> > > pineapple (I have that, too). Can I do anything to that chicken that
> > > will involve the two fruits without screwing up the chicken?
> > > --
> > > Barb,http://web.me.com/barbschallerSeptember5, 2011

> > Make a cocktail while you wait for the chicken to cook- rum would be
> > good if you have it!

> LOL! *I love a practical woman. *I think it's too late - birdie will be
> done in 20 minutes.
> --
> Barb,http://web.me.com/barbschallerSeptember 5, 2011

what did you wind up doing?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> *merryb > wrote:
> > On Jan 20, 2:46*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
> > wrote:
> > > Clay pot cookery tonight, a five-pound roaster, mirepoix within. *I have
> > > a lime that needs using and I have some pineapple juice from fresh
> > > pineapple (I have that, too). *Can I do anything to that chicken that
> > > will involve the two fruits without screwing up the chicken?
> > > --
> > > Barb,http://web.me.com/barbschallerSeptember5, 2011

> > Make a cocktail while you wait for the chicken to cook- rum would be
> > good if you have it!

> LOL! *I love a practical woman. *I think it's too late - birdie will be
> done in 20 minutes.
> --
> Barb,http://web.me.com/barbschallerSeptember 5, 2011

Yeah, I posted kinda late, so that was the best option!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 20, 3:58*pm, "l, not -l" > wrote:
> On 20-Jan-2012, merryb > wrote:
>
> > On Jan 20, 2:46 pm, Melba's Jammin' >
> > wrote:
> > > Clay pot cookery tonight, a five-pound roaster, mirepoix within. I have
> > > a lime that needs using and I have some pineapple juice from fresh
> > > pineapple (I have that, too). Can I do anything to that chicken that
> > > will involve the two fruits without screwing up the chicken?
> > > --
> > > Barb,http://web.me.com/barbschallerSeptember5, 2011

> > Make a cocktail while you wait for the chicken to cook- rum would be
> > good if you have it!

> If it were me, and I just had to use up the fruit, I'd use the lime for a
> Gin Rickey and the pineapple juice to make a sweet-and-sour dipping sauce..
> --
>
> Change Cujo to Juno in email address.

It sounded like she was making a basic (yet delicious) roast chicken.
I guess it depends on what the side dishes are...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> *merryb > wrote:
> > On Jan 20, 2:46*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
> > wrote:
> > > Clay pot cookery tonight, a five-pound roaster, mirepoix within. *I have
> > > a lime that needs using and I have some pineapple juice from fresh
> > > pineapple (I have that, too). *Can I do anything to that chicken that
> > > will involve the two fruits without screwing up the chicken?
> > > --
> > > Barb,http://web.me.com/barbschallerSeptember5, 2011

> > Make a cocktail while you wait for the chicken to cook- rum would be
> > good if you have it!

> LOL! *I love a practical woman. *I think it's too late - birdie will be
> done in 20 minutes.
> --
> Barb,http://web.me.com/barbschallerSeptember 5, 2011

It's never too late for a frosty beverage!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 20, 4:22*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On Jan 20, 3:40*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
> wrote:
>

> > In article
> > >,

> > *merryb > wrote:

> > > Make a cocktail while you wait for the chicken to cook- rum would be
> > > good if you have it!

> > LOL! *I love a practical woman. *I think it's too late - birdie will be
> > done in 20 minutes.
> > --
> > Barb,http://web.me.com/barbschallerSeptember5, 2011

> It's never too late for a frosty beverage!!

***Drunken Sod!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
ImStillMags > wrote:

> On Jan 20, 2:46*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
> wrote:
> > Clay pot cookery tonight, a five-pound roaster, mirepoix within. *I have
> > a lime that needs using and I have some pineapple juice from fresh
> > pineapple (I have that, too). *Can I do anything to that chicken that
> > will involve the two fruits without screwing up the chicken?
> > --
> > Barb,http://web.me.com/barbschallerSeptember 5, 2011

> make a sauce with it, the pineapple juice shouldn't be too very sweet
> if it's fresh ....do a Thai inspired sauce.

Thank you. Too late. I put the lime back into the fridge and whacked a
slice of delicious pineapple for myself and put the rest back into the
fridge. Maybe next time. Or maybe with some of the leftover chicken
(white meat).
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, "l, not -l" >
wrote:

> On 20-Jan-2012, merryb > wrote:
>
> > On Jan 20, 2:46*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
> > wrote:
> > > Clay pot cookery tonight, a five-pound roaster, mirepoix within. *I have
> > > a lime that needs using and I have some pineapple juice from fresh
> > > pineapple (I have that, too). *Can I do anything to that chicken that
> > > will involve the two fruits without screwing up the chicken?
> > > --
> > > Barb,http://web.me.com/barbschallerSeptember 5, 2011

> > Make a cocktail while you wait for the chicken to cook- rum would be
> > good if you have it!

> If it were me, and I just had to use up the fruit, I'd use the lime for a
> Gin Rickey and the pineapple juice to make a sweet-and-sour dipping sauce.

Good ideas, both.
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
merryb > wrote:

> On Jan 20, 3:58*pm, "l, not -l" > wrote:
> > On 20-Jan-2012, merryb > wrote:

> > > Make a cocktail while you wait for the chicken to cook- rum would be
> > > good if you have it!

> > If it were me, and I just had to use up the fruit, I'd use the lime for a
> > Gin Rickey and the pineapple juice to make a sweet-and-sour dipping sauce.
> > --
> >
> > Change Cujo to Juno in email address.

> It sounded like she was making a basic (yet delicious) roast chicken.
> I guess it depends on what the side dishes are...

Mashed potatoes, gravy; fresh broccoli; mixed greens salad with Kraft
raspberry vinaigrette dressing with poppy seeds. It was delicious.
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
ImStillMags > wrote:

> On Jan 20, 3:40*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
> wrote:

> > Barb,http://web.me.com/barbschallerSeptember 5, 2011

> what did you wind up doing?

Returned both fruits to the fridge. :-) The plain roasted chicken was
very good with accompanying potatoes and gravy, and fresh broccoli, and
a green salad.
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 16:04:55 -0800 (PST), merryb >
wrote:

> It sounded like she was making a basic (yet delicious) roast chicken.
> I guess it depends on what the side dishes are...

Chicken roasted in a clay baker doesn't need a dipping sauce. It's
unbelievably good all on its own.

--

Tell congress not to censor the web. Add your voice here.
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 20, 7:23*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> *ImStillMags > wrote:
> > > Barb,http://web.me.com/barbschallerSeptember5, 2011

> > what did you wind up doing?

> Returned both fruits to the fridge. *:-) *The plain roasted chicken was
> very good with accompanying potatoes and gravy, and fresh broccoli, and
> a green salad.

You made the best choice.
> --
> Barb,http://web.me.com/barbschallerSeptember 5, 2011

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"merryb" > wrote in message
> On Jan 20, 2:46 pm, Melba's Jammin' >
> wrote:
>> Clay pot cookery tonight, a five-pound roaster, mirepoix within. I have
>> a lime that needs using and I have some pineapple juice from fresh
>> pineapple (I have that, too). Can I do anything to that chicken that
>> will involve the two fruits without screwing up the chicken?
>> --
>> Barb,http://web.me.com/barbschallerSeptember 5, 2011

> Make a cocktail while you wait for the chicken to cook- rum would be
> good if you have it!

Now that sounds like a VERY good solution))

--
http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message

> Thank you. Too late. I put the lime back into the fridge and whacked a
> slice of delicious pineapple for myself and put the rest back into the
> fridge. Maybe next time. Or maybe with some of the leftover chicken
> (white meat).

I am using up leftover chicken to day. I will make a cream sauce with
onions, mushrooms and tiny peas. The chicken will go in to heat through.
Any ideas what to serve it? No starch/carbs though.

--
http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 16:46:35 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>Clay pot cookery tonight, a five-pound roaster, mirepoix within. I have
>a lime that needs using and I have some pineapple juice from fresh
>pineapple (I have that, too). Can I do anything to that chicken that
>will involve the two fruits without screwing up the chicken?

It's too late now-- but I would have added the lime to the chicken--
and roasted the pineapple for a side.

Jim
[though merryb's idea has some appeal to me, too. add dark rum. . .
hmm. Take the pineapple- drizzle with dark rum and lime juice and
roast/broil.]
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 11:00:36 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>
> > Thank you. Too late. I put the lime back into the fridge and whacked a
> > slice of delicious pineapple for myself and put the rest back into the
> > fridge. Maybe next time. Or maybe with some of the leftover chicken
> > (white meat).

> I am using up leftover chicken to day. I will make a cream sauce with
> onions, mushrooms and tiny peas. The chicken will go in to heat through.
> Any ideas what to serve it? No starch/carbs though.

I can't imagine serving a sauce without something to sop it up. I
made creamed chicken a couple of days ago and served it over American
style biscuits, but you'd have to find a low carb recipe that you like
for your biscuits. Here's one; with no guarantees about how good it
is. http://forum.lowcarber.org/archive/i.../t-172917.html
Instead of rolling the dough out and cutting it into rounds, just pat
it into a square or rectangle and cut squares. One biscuit is enough
for me. I love salad as a side dish. I make vinaigrette with an
Italian twist and don't need anything but decent lettuce for the
salad. It was Romaine this time.

--

Tell congress not to censor the web. Add your voice here.
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 19:19:32 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article
>,
> ImStillMags > wrote:
>
>> On Jan 20, 2:46*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
>> wrote:
>> > Clay pot cookery tonight, a five-pound roaster, mirepoix within. *I have
>> > a lime that needs using and I have some pineapple juice from fresh
>> > pineapple (I have that, too). *Can I do anything to that chicken that
>> > will involve the two fruits without screwing up the chicken?
>> > --
>> > Barb,http://web.me.com/barbschallerSeptember 5, 2011

>> make a sauce with it, the pineapple juice shouldn't be too very sweet
>> if it's fresh ....do a Thai inspired sauce.

>Thank you. Too late. I put the lime back into the fridge and whacked a
>slice of delicious pineapple for myself and put the rest back into the
>fridge. Maybe next time. Or maybe with some of the leftover chicken
>(white meat).

Do you have a grill pan? Maybe next time you can grill a few slices of
the pineapple to serve alongside the chicken. I make great orange
mashed potatoes, perhaps you could add a little pineapple juice to the
potatoes also.

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Natural Watkins Spices
www.apinchofspices.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Jim Elbrecht > wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 16:46:35 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
> >Clay pot cookery tonight, a five-pound roaster, mirepoix within. I have
> >a lime that needs using and I have some pineapple juice from fresh
> >pineapple (I have that, too). Can I do anything to that chicken that
> >will involve the two fruits without screwing up the chicken?

> It's too late now-- but I would have added the lime to the chicken--
> and roasted the pineapple for a side.
>
> Jim
> [though merryb's idea has some appeal to me, too. add dark rum. . .
> hmm. Take the pineapple- drizzle with dark rum and lime juice and
> roast/broil.]

I kind of like your pineapple idea and am rather clueless about how to
do it -- what I have available is a cored pineapple. Could I cut slices
and maybe brown them in a bit of butter to give them that roasted look?
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Ophelia" > wrote:
> I am using up leftover chicken to day. I will make a cream sauce with
> onions, mushrooms and tiny peas. The chicken will go in to heat through.
> Any ideas what to serve it? No starch/carbs though.

Yikes, that's a tough one, O. ANYthing that comes to mind involves at
least some starch: mashed potatoes, toast points, puff pastry shells. .
.. . :-(

What if you kept the chicken out of the cream sauce and instead minced
(ground it or very finely chopped it) and used something for a binder,
then formed and browned "cakes" and poured the mushroom-pea-onion sauce
over it?
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
meh > wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 17:40:48 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> >
> wrote:
>
> >> Make a cocktail while you wait for the chicken to cook- rum would be
> >> good if you have it!

> >LOL! I love a practical woman. I think it's too late - birdie will be
> >done in 20 minutes.

> If a cocktail takes MORE than 20 minutes to make (AND drink),
> you're doing it very wrong.

True, true. I guess. I have many vices, but drinking is not among
them. Sometimes I wish I liked it more, but mostly I'm glad I don't
because it seems like an expensive thing to do.
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

>In article >,
> Jim Elbrecht > wrote:

-snip-
>>[Though merryb's idea has some appeal to me, too. add dark rum. . .
>> hmm. Take the pineapple- drizzle with dark rum and lime juice and
>> roast/broil.]

>I kind of like your pineapple idea and am rather clueless about how to
>do it -- what I have available is a cored pineapple. Could I cut slices
>and maybe brown them in a bit of butter to give them that roasted look?

I'd forgo the butter [this time<g>]. my method is to put the broiler
pan in to get it good and hot--then lay out the slices [or chunks]--
broil until some edges show a touch of color-- then flip them over and
do the other side.

OTOH-- 'pineapple foster' starts to sound tempting.. . . . so many
possibilities.

I've never tried it, but I might have that lime wedged up and try a
few drops of lime juice on the roasted pineapple.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message

> What if you kept the chicken out of the cream sauce and instead minced
> (ground it or very finely chopped it) and used something for a binder,
> then formed and browned "cakes" and poured the mushroom-pea-onion sauce
> over it?

THAT sounds V good!!! Noted! Thanks

What I did eventualy was fairly plain but good. I mashed the cauli with
butter and served the green beans and carrots with the chicken in a sauce
made with the cream, stock, seasoning, peas, onions and finely sliced yellow
pepper.

--
http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://secure.lodgemfg.com/storefro...idProduct=4090

> or
> http://tinyurl.com/7wf25ov

On a gas or electric stove, Koko? That doesn't look as if it would work
very well on a glass-top stove.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Jim Elbrecht > wrote:

> I've never tried it, but I might have that lime wedged up and try a
> few drops of lime juice on the roasted pineapple.
>
> Jim

Agree. I think it would be nice.
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011
Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://secure.lodgemfg.com/storefro...ogic&idProduct
> > =4090
> >
> > or
> > http://tinyurl.com/7wf25ov

> On a gas or electric stove, Koko? That doesn't look as if it would work
> very well on a glass-top stove.
>
> gloria p

P'raps not,, Gloria, but I'll bet it would be fine on my induction
cooker. I used my 7" ci skillet to make the roux for my gumbo tonight
and it worked a treat and was about 50% faster than on the stove.
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 18:25:06 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

> In article >,
> gloria p > wrote:
>
> > On 1/21/2012 12:38 PM, wrote:
> >

> > > Here's the one I have. It's a stove top reversable grill and griddle.

https://secure.lodgemfg.com/storefro...ogic&idProduct
> > > =4090
> > >
> > > or
> > > http://tinyurl.com/7wf25ov

> > On a gas or electric stove, Koko? That doesn't look as if it would work
> > very well on a glass-top stove.
> >
> > gloria p

> P'raps not,, Gloria, but I'll bet it would be fine on my induction
> cooker. I used my 7" ci skillet to make the roux for my gumbo tonight
> and it worked a treat and was about 50% faster than on the stove.

Doesn't it need to make contact for induction to work? Koko's
griddle/grill has a lip around the outside that would prevent contact
with the surface.

--

Tell congress not to censor the web. Add your voice here.
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote:

>Doesn't it need to make contact for induction to work?

Then that would be conduction, rather than induction. Induction is
the work of "virtual photons" coupling the induction coil to the pan.
It is a near-field, but not a contact phenomenom.

If they were real photons, then it would be radiation rather than
induction and could work over a longer distance. And if it's air
molecules doing it, it's convection.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 04:48:41 +0000 (UTC),
(Steve Pope) wrote:

> sf > wrote:
>
> >Doesn't it need to make contact for induction to work?

> Then that would be conduction, rather than induction. Induction is
> the work of "virtual photons" coupling the induction coil to the pan.
> It is a near-field, but not a contact phenomenom.
>
> If they were real photons, then it would be radiation rather than
> induction and could work over a longer distance. And if it's air
> molecules doing it, it's convection.

So how come the pots and pans used on an induction cooktop not only
need to be ferrous metal, they also have to be flat?

Courtesy of
http://theinductionsite.com/how-induction-works.shtml

How Induction Cooking Works:

http://theinductionsite.com/GRAPHICS...tion-works.jpg

The element's electronics power a coil (the red lines) that produces a
high-frequency electromagnetic field (represented by the orange
lines).

That field penetrates the metal of the ferrous (magnetic-material)
cooking vessel and sets up a circulating electric current, which
generates heat. (But see the note below.)

The heat generated in the cooking vessel is transferred to the
vessel's contents.

Nothing outside the vessel is affected by the field--as soon as the
vessel is removed from the element, or the element turned off, heat
generation stops.

<snip> to read more go to the web site

--

Tell congress not to censor the web. Add your voice here.
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote:

>On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 04:48:41 +0000 (UTC),

>> sf > wrote:

>> >Doesn't it need to make contact for induction to work?

>> Then that would be conduction, rather than induction. Induction is
>> the work of "virtual photons" coupling the induction coil to the pan.
>> It is a near-field, but not a contact phenomenom.

>> If they were real photons, then it would be radiation rather than
>> induction and could work over a longer distance. And if it's air
>> molecules doing it, it's convection.

>So how come the pots and pans used on an induction cooktop not only
>need to be ferrous metal, they also have to be flat?

>Courtesy of
http://theinductionsite.com/how-induction-works.shtml

Because the so-called "near-field" does not extend very far.

>How Induction Cooking Works:

>http://theinductionsite.com/GRAPHICS...tion-works.jpg

>The element's electronics power a coil (the red lines) that produces a
>high-frequency electromagnetic field (represented by the orange
>lines).

>That field penetrates the metal of the ferrous (magnetic-material)
>cooking vessel and sets up a circulating electric current, which
>generates heat. (But see the note below.)

This is all true. Forces (in this case, electromagnetic force)
can be thought either of in terms of fields, or in terms of particles.
The particles associated with an electromagnetic field are photons.

If you think of a electrical transformer, there are two windings
on the transformer (primary and secondary) but they don't actually touch
each other -- they are close but not touching. An induction cooktop
is the same idea, except that your pot replaces the secondary winding.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 16:59:22 -0700, gloria p >
wrote:

>On 1/21/2012 12:38 PM, wrote:
>

>> Here's the one I have. It's a stove top reversable grill and griddle.

https://secure.lodgemfg.com/storefro...idProduct=4090

>> or
>> http://tinyurl.com/7wf25ov
>>

>On a gas or electric stove, Koko? That doesn't look as if it would work
>very well on a glass-top stove.
>
>gloria p

I have an electric stove with the elements, not a flat top.

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Natural Watkins Spices
www.apinchofspices.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 19:24:46 -0800, sf > wrote:

>On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 18:25:06 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> gloria p > wrote:

https://secure.lodgemfg.com/storefro...ogic&idProduct

>> > On a gas or electric stove, Koko? That doesn't look as if it would work
>> > very well on a glass-top stove.
>> >
>> > gloria p

>> P'raps not,, Gloria, but I'll bet it would be fine on my induction
>> cooker. I used my 7" ci skillet to make the roux for my gumbo tonight
>> and it worked a treat and was about 50% faster than on the stove.

>Doesn't it need to make contact for induction to work? Koko's
>griddle/grill has a lip around the outside that would prevent contact
>with the surface.

It sits flat on my electric element and the lip doesn't touch the
stove top.

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Natural Watkins Spices
www.apinchofspices.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://secure.lodgemfg.com/storefro...ogic&idProduct

> >> P'raps not,, Gloria, but I'll bet it would be fine on my induction
> >> cooker. I used my 7" ci skillet to make the roux for my gumbo tonight
> >> and it worked a treat and was about 50% faster than on the stove.

> >Doesn't it need to make contact for induction to work? Koko's
> >griddle/grill has a lip around the outside that would prevent contact
> >with the surface.

> It sits flat on my electric element and the lip doesn't touch the
> stove top.

I don't see why it wouldn't work on a regular glass topped electric
cooktop, but induction needs surface contact with the pan doesn't it?