Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Black Cocoa Powder

I just learned about black cocoa this evening and will try to find it
locally, but here are a couple of places you can find it on the
internet if you're interested
http://www.savoryspiceshop.com/spices/cocoa.html
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/...ck-cocoa-16-oz

Here are a couple of ideas about how to use it
Chocolate Pudding
http://www.joythebaker.com/blog/2011...olate-pudding/

Better Than Commercial Oreo cookies
http://annmariekostyk.com/2010/08/23...ternationally/
http://smittenkitchen.com/2007/05/my...glass-of-milk/

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Oct 18, 11:37*pm, sf > wrote:
> I just learned about black cocoa this evening and will try to find it
> locally, but here are a couple of places you can find it on the

First time I've heard of it too. But.....deep dark chocolate.....boy
does that sound yummy. I love 70% or higher dark chocolate so I bet I
can find stuff to do with this.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 09:07:00 -0700, Ranee at Arabian Knits
> wrote:

> I bought it from King Arthur for myself once. It was good and dark,
> but even for me, and I _love_ dark, bitter chocolate, it was too dark
> and strong. I ended up mixing it with dutch process or regular cocoa.
> My MIL, OTOH, likes it straight, sprinkled on her yogurt or ice cream.

I think I'd end up doing that too. The comments I've read indicated
that even when used half and half, the end product is *very* dark and
that's what I'd be going for.

Thanks!

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/19/2011 2:37 AM, sf wrote:

> I just learned about black cocoa this evening and will try to find it
> locally, but here are a couple of places you can find it on the
> internet if you're interested
> http://www.savoryspiceshop.com/spices/cocoa.html
> http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/...ck-cocoa-16-oz
>
> Here are a couple of ideas about how to use it
> Chocolate Pudding
> http://www.joythebaker.com/blog/2011...olate-pudding/
>
> Better Than Commercial Oreo cookies
> http://annmariekostyk.com/2010/08/23...ternationally/
> http://smittenkitchen.com/2007/05/my...glass-of-milk/

I've made the Oreos from the Smitten Kitchen site and they are good.
I believe I used a dutch process cocoa or something that was maybe
half regular, half dutch. I think this would be even better. I might
have to get some.

Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 15:40:54 -0400, Tracy > wrote:

> I might have to get some.

Let me know if you find any without resorting to internet ordering!
Gotta make some calls today and see if I can track it down.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ranee wrote:

>> I just learned about black cocoa this evening and will try to find it
>> locally, but here are a couple of places you can find it on the
>> internet if you're interested
>> http://www.savoryspiceshop.com/spices/cocoa.html
>> http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/...ck-cocoa-16-oz
>>
>> Here are a couple of ideas about how to use it
>> Chocolate Pudding
>> http://www.joythebaker.com/blog/2011...olate-pudding/
>>
>> Better Than Commercial Oreo cookies
>> http://annmariekostyk.com/2010/08/23...uy-black-cocoa
>> -powder-internationally/
>> http://smittenkitchen.com/2007/05/my...glass-of-milk/

> I bought it from King Arthur for myself once. It was good and dark,
> but even for me, and I _love_ dark, bitter chocolate, it was too dark
> and strong. I ended up mixing it with dutch process or regular cocoa.
> My MIL, OTOH, likes it straight, sprinkled on her yogurt or ice cream.

There are some savory recipes in which black cocoa is excellent. Here are a
couple:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/m...ipe/index.html

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ipe/index.html

Bob