Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Anyone else donating food to the occupiers?

I think we're nearly all part of the 99%. I boiled up 4 dozen hard boiled eggs and bought two boxes of Kellogg's Raisin Bran that I'm dropping off Downtown in a few minutes. I also have a couple of 2L bottles of diet soda. Not much, but every little bit helps. They are the evil Tea Party's virtuous twin.
http://www.facebook.com/OccupyStLouis

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Oct 6, 1:55*pm, Bryan > wrote:
> I think we're nearly all part of the 99%. *I boiled up 4 dozen hard boiled eggs and bought two boxes of Kellogg's Raisin Bran that I'm dropping off Downtown in a few minutes. *I also have a couple of 2L bottles of diet soda. *Not much, but every little bit helps. *They are the evil Tea Party's virtuous twin.http://www.facebook.com/OccupyStLouis
>
> --Bryan

great idea......
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
On Oct 6, 1:55 pm, Bryan > wrote:
> I think we're nearly all part of the 99%. I boiled up 4 dozen hard boiled
> eggs and bought two boxes of Kellogg's Raisin Bran that I'm dropping off
> Downtown in a few minutes. I also have a couple of 2L bottles of diet
> soda. Not much, but every little bit helps. They are the evil Tea Party's
> virtuous twin.http://www.facebook.com/OccupyStLouis
>
> --Bryan

great idea......

why is this a great idea when they don't even know what they are protesting
about?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 14:17:52 -0700, Pico Rico wrote:
>
>> "ImStillMags" > wrote in message
>> On Oct 6, 1:55 pm, Bryan > wrote:
>>> I think we're nearly all part of the 99%. I boiled up 4 dozen hard
>>> boiled
>>> eggs and bought two boxes of Kellogg's Raisin Bran that I'm dropping off
>>> Downtown in a few minutes. I also have a couple of 2L bottles of diet
>>> soda. Not much, but every little bit helps. They are the evil Tea
>>> Party's
>>> virtuous twin.http://www.facebook.com/OccupyStLouis
>>>
>>> --Bryan

>> great idea......
>>
>> why is this a great idea when they don't even know what they are
>> protesting
>> about?

> It's pretty clear to me that is exactly what's wrong with the
> Government. It's a well-known fact, isn't it? I just don't think
> it's very effective.
>
> Obama had high hopes of playing hardball and cleaning up shop when he
> was elected and see how far he's getting? You get to get rid
> Congress.

you need to get rid of Obama too, and probably first. What a meat head.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

arranged random neurons and said:

>"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
>On Oct 6, 1:55 pm, Bryan > wrote:
>> I think we're nearly all part of the 99%. I boiled up 4 dozen hard boiled
>> eggs and bought two boxes of Kellogg's Raisin Bran that I'm dropping off
>> Downtown in a few minutes. I also have a couple of 2L bottles of diet
>> soda. Not much, but every little bit helps. They are the evil Tea Party's
>> virtuous twin.http://www.facebook.com/OccupyStLouis
>>
>> --Bryan

>great idea......
>

>why is this a great idea when they don't even know what they are protesting
>about?

Yeah?

http://current.com/shows/countdown/v...py-wall-street

OB: Made a honkin' big batch of spaghetti sauce this weekend. Thought
I'd whip up some lasagna with it tomorrow.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 18:17:05 -0700, Pico Rico wrote:

>>> It's pretty clear to me that is exactly what's wrong with the
>>> Government. It's a well-known fact, isn't it? I just don't think
>>> it's very effective.
>>>
>>> Obama had high hopes of playing hardball and cleaning up shop when he
>>> was elected and see how far he's getting? You get to get rid
>>> Congress.
>>>

>> you need to get rid of Obama too, and probably first. What a meat head.

> No other president will do a better job than Obama. Sure, another
> presdient might give the impression of doign a better job, burt will
> only get the country into deeper shit by playing ball withe the good
> 'ol boys.
>
> Our government is corrupt, plain and simple. And if you don't knwo
> this then you must have your head in the sand.
>
> And nothing short of getting rid of everybody in Congress, eliminating
> Super PAC's and other anonymous campaign contributions, and limiting
> corporate campaign contributions will ever fix that. And you'll never
> be able do that except ALL AT ONCE. And regular American's can't do
> that with a vote. And we sure as shit ain't gonna convince Congress
> to do that.

well you certainly are not going to solve the problems by telling everyone
to raise my taxes as the cure for every little think that pops into his
head. Our population is corrupt, plain and simple. We have half the people
paying no income tax at all, many of them taking money back via hidden
welfare systems, and 60% of the people taking more in government benefits
than they are paying in all taxes combined. Talk about corruption.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cea wrote:

> Please don't forget the Tea Party is super-Christian which is not part
> of America. It is abhorrent to think the Government needs a religious
> side.

The Tea Party is only Christian when it doesn't involve Christian charity. I
like the quote from Stephen Colbert which Michel has been using in his sig:

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor,
either we've got to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or
we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the
needy without condition, and then admit that we just don't want to do it."

The Tea Party is PSEUDO-Christian. Hypocrites. Religious posers, if you
will.

BTW, has anybody else noticed that President Obama recently started throwing
around a lot more religious rhetoric than he used to?

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Anyone else donating food to the occupiers?
>
> From: Bryan >
> Reply to:
> Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 13:55:58 -0700 (PDT)
> Newsgroups:
> rec.food.cooking
> Followup to: newsgroup
>
>I think we're nearly all part of the 99%. I boiled up 4 dozen hard boiled =
>eggs and bought two boxes of Kellogg's Raisin Bran that I'm dropping off Do=
>wntown in a few minutes. I also have a couple of 2L bottles of diet soda. =
> Not much, but every little bit helps. They are the evil Tea Party's virtu=
>ous twin.
>http://www.facebook.com/OccupyStLouis
>
>--Bryan

A kettle of bean soup is cooking here for tomorrow; one ham and one beef. Thinking of
spaghetti bolognese, maybe chili with rice in next few days.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 21:09:29 -0700, Pico Rico wrote:

>>> No other president will do a better job than Obama. Sure, another
>>> presdient might give the impression of doign a better job, burt will
>>> only get the country into deeper shit by playing ball withe the good
>>> 'ol boys.
>>>
>>> Our government is corrupt, plain and simple. And if you don't knwo
>>> this then you must have your head in the sand.
>>>
>>> And nothing short of getting rid of everybody in Congress, eliminating
>>> Super PAC's and other anonymous campaign contributions, and limiting
>>> corporate campaign contributions will ever fix that. And you'll never
>>> be able do that except ALL AT ONCE. And regular American's can't do
>>> that with a vote. And we sure as shit ain't gonna convince Congress
>>> to do that.
>>>

>> well you certainly are not going to solve the problems by telling
>> everyone
>> to raise my taxes as the cure for every little think that pops into his
>> head. Our population is corrupt, plain and simple. We have half the
>> people
>> paying no income tax at all, many of them taking money back via hidden
>> welfare systems, and 60% of the people taking more in government benefits
>> than they are paying in all taxes combined. Talk about corruption.

> It's the corporations and the rich who need to pay more taxes rather
> than paying Congressman and governors to make sure they aren't taxed.
> Not the average American - we are already paying our taxes fairly. I
> don't recall him ever saying YOU need to pay more taxes (assuming
> you're an average American). You haven't been paying attention, have
> you.
>
> And I'm not corrupt, thank you. 50%? You must be reading different
> propaganda than I am. Or you're just making it all up. Which means
> the end of this political discussion between you and I.

I am not average, and he always wants to raise my taxes. I pay 60% of my
income in taxes, all told. That is enough. MORE than enough.

yes, 50%. do the research.

I don't know if you re corrupt or not, but there is a good chance you are.
Most of the 60% getting more benefits from all levels of government than
they are paying for cannot justify such corrupt behavior, except perhaps in
their own greedy minds.

I'll stick to reading your posts on smoking. Meat.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 20:13:56 -0700, Terry Pulliam Burd
> wrote:

> OB: Made a honkin' big batch of spaghetti sauce this weekend. Thought
> I'd whip up some lasagna with it tomorrow.

Have you ever made ricotta? I just saw this recipe today.
http://www.notquitenigella.com/2011/...icotta-cheese/

Made From Scratch: Fresh Whole Milk Ricotta

•2 litres whole pasteurised milk
•1 teaspoon salt
•4 tablespoons cream
•4 tablespoons white vinegar or lemon juice

1. Place the milk, salt and cream in a heavy bottomed saucepan and
heat until almost boiling. Then add the vinegar and stir it once very
gently just to distribute the vinegar (constant stirring will result
in tough, rubbery curds). Simmer for 1-2 minutes and then allow to sit
for 10 minutes and most of the ricotta curds will float to the top and
the whey at the bottom.

2. Line a sieve with two layers of cheesecloth and place it over a
large bowl to drain. Gently pour the ricotta mixture through the
cheesecloth and the whey will separate at the bottom in a clearish
yellow liquid and the soft and creamy ricotta will sit at the top.
Your ricotta is now ready to use! If you want a more solid ricotta,
drain for an hour or overnight. Keeps for 2-3 days in the fridge in an
airtight container

--

You are what you eat, so avoid fruitcake and nuts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 7, 2011 1:05:36 AM UTC-5, Pico Rico wrote:
> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

> >> well you certainly are not going to solve the problems by telling
> >> everyone
> >> to raise my taxes as the cure for every little think that pops into his
> >> head. Our population is corrupt, plain and simple. We have half the
> >> people
> >> paying no income tax at all, many of them taking money back via hidden
> >> welfare systems, and 60% of the people taking more in government benefits
> >> than they are paying in all taxes combined. Talk about corruption.

> > It's the corporations and the rich who need to pay more taxes rather
> > than paying Congressman and governors to make sure they aren't taxed.
> > Not the average American - we are already paying our taxes fairly. I
> > don't recall him ever saying YOU need to pay more taxes (assuming
> > you're an average American). You haven't been paying attention, have
> > you.
> >
> > And I'm not corrupt, thank you. 50%? You must be reading different
> > propaganda than I am. Or you're just making it all up. Which means
> > the end of this political discussion between you and I.
> >

> I am not average, and he always wants to raise my taxes. I pay 60% of my
> income in taxes, all told. That is enough. MORE than enough.

You do NOT "pay 60% of [your] income in taxes, all told." No one does in the USA. So, you are rich AND you're a liar. Maybe you could give us all insights into what rich people--who do not have to pay any mind to costs--eat. Of course, why should we believe you if you do, since you've already established that you lie?

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bryan" > wrote in message
On Friday, October 7, 2011 1:05:36 AM UTC-5, Pico Rico wrote:
> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

> >> well you certainly are not going to solve the problems by telling
> >> everyone
> >> to raise my taxes as the cure for every little think that pops into his
> >> head. Our population is corrupt, plain and simple. We have half the
> >> people
> >> paying no income tax at all, many of them taking money back via hidden
> >> welfare systems, and 60% of the people taking more in government
> >> benefits
> >> than they are paying in all taxes combined. Talk about corruption.

> > It's the corporations and the rich who need to pay more taxes rather
> > than paying Congressman and governors to make sure they aren't taxed.
> > Not the average American - we are already paying our taxes fairly. I
> > don't recall him ever saying YOU need to pay more taxes (assuming
> > you're an average American). You haven't been paying attention, have
> > you.
> >
> > And I'm not corrupt, thank you. 50%? You must be reading different
> > propaganda than I am. Or you're just making it all up. Which means
> > the end of this political discussion between you and I.
> >

> I am not average, and he always wants to raise my taxes. I pay 60% of my
> income in taxes, all told. That is enough. MORE than enough.

You do NOT "pay 60% of [your] income in taxes, all told." No one does in
the USA. So, you are rich AND you're a liar. Maybe you could give us all
insights into what rich people--who do not have to pay any mind to
costs--eat. Of course, why should we believe you if you do, since you've
already established that you lie?

--Bryan

no lie.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/10/2011 11:07 PM, Bryan wrote:
> On Friday, October 7, 2011 1:05:36 AM UTC-5, Pico Rico wrote:
>> > wrote in message

>>> It's the corporations and the rich who need to pay more taxes rather
>>> than paying Congressman and governors to make sure they aren't taxed.
>>> Not the average American - we are already paying our taxes fairly. I
>>> don't recall him ever saying YOU need to pay more taxes (assuming
>>> you're an average American). You haven't been paying attention, have
>>> you.
>>>
>>> And I'm not corrupt, thank you. 50%? You must be reading different
>>> propaganda than I am. Or you're just making it all up. Which means
>>> the end of this political discussion between you and I.
>>>

>> I am not average, and he always wants to raise my taxes. I pay 60% of my
>> income in taxes, all told. That is enough. MORE than enough.

> You do NOT "pay 60% of [your] income in taxes, all told." No one does in the USA. So, you are rich AND you're a liar. Maybe you could give us all insights into what rich people--who do not have to pay any mind to costs--eat. Of course, why should we believe you if you do, since you've already established that you lie?
>>

> --Bryan

It isn't hard to pay a total 60% in tax if you count income tax,
property tax, sales tax on purchases, fuel etc. I certainly come close
to that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 22:01:30 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>Cea wrote:
>
>> Please don't forget the Tea Party is super-Christian which is not part
>> of America. It is abhorrent to think the Government needs a religious
>> side.

>The Tea Party is only Christian when it doesn't involve Christian charity. I
>like the quote from Stephen Colbert which Michel has been using in his sig:
>
>"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor,
>either we've got to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or
>we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the
>needy without condition, and then admit that we just don't want to do it."
>
>The Tea Party is PSEUDO-Christian. Hypocrites. Religious posers, if you
>will.
>
>BTW, has anybody else noticed that President Obama recently started throwing
>around a lot more religious rhetoric than he used to?
>
>Bob

There was an article in the last couple of months in either CNN or
MSNBC about the christian secret hand shake buzz words. About how the
last president and other republican politicians used them consistently
to gather votes and cash. The idea is to let christians know you are
really one of the club and stand for all their values without actually
verbally committing to them. I recently tidied my computer so I no
longer have the article. I assume that Obama advisors have
recommended that he begin courting these people. Although I have
faith, I no longer call myself a christian. The name has been
hijacked by people with values that disgust me.
Janet US
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 7, 2011 8:15:30 AM UTC-5, Pico Rico wrote:
> "Bryan"
> wrote in message
> On Friday, October 7, 2011 1:05:36 AM UTC-5, Pico Rico wrote:

> > > It's the corporations and the rich who need to pay more taxes rather
> > > than paying Congressman and governors to make sure they aren't taxed.
> > > Not the average American - we are already paying our taxes fairly. I
> > > don't recall him ever saying YOU need to pay more taxes (assuming
> > > you're an average American). You haven't been paying attention, have
> > > you.
> > >
> > > And I'm not corrupt, thank you. 50%? You must be reading different
> > > propaganda than I am. Or you're just making it all up. Which means
> > > the end of this political discussion between you and I.
> > >

> > I am not average, and he always wants to raise my taxes. I pay 60% of my
> > income in taxes, all told. That is enough. MORE than enough.

> You do NOT "pay 60% of [your] income in taxes, all told." No one does in
> the USA. So, you are rich AND you're a liar. Maybe you could give us all
> insights into what rich people--who do not have to pay any mind to
> costs--eat. Of course, why should we believe you if you do, since you've
> already established that you lie?
> >

> --Bryan
>

> no lie.

The highest income tax rates are 35%, and "for 2011, the maximum taxable earnings amount for Social Security is $106,800." Which means you don't pay SS taxes (4.2%) on any portion of your income above that amount. Many states have income taxes as well, but with all of the deductions and all, 60% is absurd. Warren Buffet recently stated that he was taxed at a far lower rate than his secretary. I'm sure the same applies to you.
OOOOPS!, my bad. I forgot to include the huge personal property taxes on your yacht and your Bentley, and the real estate tax on your mansion. Poor you.

OB food: I wonder what the flesh of rich dudes tastes like?

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bryan" > wrote in message
On Friday, October 7, 2011 8:15:30 AM UTC-5, Pico Rico wrote:
> "Bryan"
> wrote in message
> On Friday, October 7, 2011 1:05:36 AM UTC-5, Pico Rico wrote:

> > > It's the corporations and the rich who need to pay more taxes rather
> > > than paying Congressman and governors to make sure they aren't taxed.
> > > Not the average American - we are already paying our taxes fairly. I
> > > don't recall him ever saying YOU need to pay more taxes (assuming
> > > you're an average American). You haven't been paying attention, have
> > > you.
> > >
> > > And I'm not corrupt, thank you. 50%? You must be reading different
> > > propaganda than I am. Or you're just making it all up. Which means
> > > the end of this political discussion between you and I.
> > >

> > I am not average, and he always wants to raise my taxes. I pay 60% of
> > my
> > income in taxes, all told. That is enough. MORE than enough.

> You do NOT "pay 60% of [your] income in taxes, all told." No one does in
> the USA. So, you are rich AND you're a liar. Maybe you could give us all
> insights into what rich people--who do not have to pay any mind to
> costs--eat. Of course, why should we believe you if you do, since you've
> already established that you lie?
> >

> --Bryan
>

> no lie.

The highest income tax rates are 35%, and "for 2011, the maximum taxable
earnings amount for Social Security is $106,800." Which means you don't pay
SS taxes (4.2%) on any portion of your income above that amount. Many
states have income taxes as well, but with all of the deductions and all,
60% is absurd. Warren Buffet recently stated that he was taxed at a far
lower rate than his secretary. I'm sure the same applies to you.
OOOOPS!, my bad. I forgot to include the huge personal property taxes on
your yacht and your Bentley, and the real estate tax on your mansion. Poor
you.

you are leaving out property tax on business property and franchise taxes.
And no, I don't have capital gains,unlike that hypocrite Buffet. I didn't
even count sales taxes, gas taxes, utility taxes. Deductions? I have few,
and they are phased out (a stealth tax rate).

60%. Yes. Instead of calling me a liar, you should be saying "thank you".
deadbeat!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 06:07:03 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
> wrote:

> You do NOT "pay 60% of [your] income in taxes, all told." No one does in the USA. So, you are rich AND you're a liar. Maybe you could give us all insights into what rich people--who do not have to pay any mind to costs--eat. Of course, why should we believe you if you do, since you've already established that you lie?

Maybe he's just lousy at math... or lets conservative radio & tv hosts
do his thinking for him.

--

You are what you eat, so avoid fruitcake and nuts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 23:26:02 +1000, Who_me? >
wrote:

> It isn't hard to pay a total 60% in tax if you count income tax,
> property tax, sales tax on purchases, fuel etc. I certainly come close
> to that.

Are you a trust fund baby? If you're not, how do you find the time to
diddle on usenet?

--

You are what you eat, so avoid fruitcake and nuts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 07:30:52 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

> There was an article in the last couple of months in either CNN or
> MSNBC about the christian secret hand shake buzz words. About how the
> last president and other republican politicians used them consistently
> to gather votes and cash. The idea is to let christians know you are
> really one of the club and stand for all their values without actually
> verbally committing to them.

That's hilarious! Christians have secret handshakes? LOLOL
Conspiracy theorists were working overtime with that one.

--

You are what you eat, so avoid fruitcake and nuts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 22:01:30 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> arranged random neurons and said:

>Cea wrote:
>
>> Please don't forget the Tea Party is super-Christian which is not part
>> of America. It is abhorrent to think the Government needs a religious
>> side.

>The Tea Party is only Christian when it doesn't involve Christian charity. I
>like the quote from Stephen Colbert which Michel has been using in his sig:
>
>"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor,
>either we've got to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or
>we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the
>needy without condition, and then admit that we just don't want to do it."
>
>The Tea Party is PSEUDO-Christian. Hypocrites. Religious posers, if you
>will.

It appears to me that the tea partiers and the religious right are
actually two different sects on the extreme right of the Republicans.
For some of the late 80s, most of the 90s and all of the 2000s, the
religious right, particularly the self-styled evangelicals, hijacked
the Republican party and nailed its platforms to the extreme right of
their so-called "big tent." The tea partiers, by contrast, don't seem
to actually be religious, but will quote song and verse as it suits
their purpose. From my seat in the peanut gallery, the tea partiers
appear to be strictly anti-tax, anti-Democratic-party, anti-government
agencies they don't like, anti-education (get those theiving scum
teachers outta there and teach 'em a lesson!), anti-immigration and in
fact the tea party appear to be the inheritors of the No-Nothing Party
of the 19th century:

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/...-Nothing-party

>BTW, has anybody else noticed that President Obama recently started throwing
>around a lot more religious rhetoric than he used to?

Protective coloration?

OB: Making Almond Butter cookies this afternoon. It's a refrigerator
cookie and the dough is sitting in the refrigerator just waitin' for
mama

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 23:26:02 +1000, Who_me? >
> wrote:
>
>> It isn't hard to pay a total 60% in tax if you count income tax,
>> property tax, sales tax on purchases, fuel etc. I certainly come close
>> to that.

> Are you a trust fund baby? If you're not, how do you find the time to
> diddle on usenet?

no. But given how high taxes are, it made no sense for me to continue
working.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 08:00:40 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 07:30:52 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:
>
>> There was an article in the last couple of months in either CNN or
>> MSNBC about the christian secret hand shake buzz words. About how the
>> last president and other republican politicians used them consistently
>> to gather votes and cash. The idea is to let christians know you are
>> really one of the club and stand for all their values without actually
>> verbally committing to them.

>That's hilarious! Christians have secret handshakes? LOLOL
>Conspiracy theorists were working overtime with that one.

Not physical handshakes. It is just words commonly used among certain
christian groups. No conspiracy theory needed. If I say that I
"sweat" vegetables, you can conclude that I participated in this
newsgroup recently. If I can find the article I will send it to you.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/10/2011 12:58 AM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 23:26:02 +1000, >
> wrote:
>
>> It isn't hard to pay a total 60% in tax if you count income tax,
>> property tax, sales tax on purchases, fuel etc. I certainly come close
>> to that.

> Are you a trust fund baby?

No, but I have a basic tax rate that is 45%. Add the rest of the
"hidden" taxes and it isn't far off 60%. I used to be on 37% but then I
started earning more and they jumped it up.

> If you're not, how do you find the time to
> diddle on usenet?

I have a screen open on Usenet and a couple of other things during the
day while I am working. Cuts back on the boredom.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

pure kona wrote:

> Please don't forget the Tea Party is super-Christian which is not part
> of America. It is abhorrent to think the Government needs a religious
> side.

That blanket statement is inaccurate. Not all "Tea Party" types are
"super-Christian"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Sqwertz" > wrote in message

>>> you need to get rid of Obama too, and probably first. What a meat head.

>> No other president will do a better job than Obama. Sure, another
>> presdient might give the impression of doign a better job, burt will
>> only get the country into deeper shit by playing ball withe the good
>> 'ol boys.
>>
>> Our government is corrupt, plain and simple. And if you don't knwo
>> this then you must have your head in the sand.
>>
>> And nothing short of getting rid of everybody in Congress, eliminating
>> Super PAC's and other anonymous campaign contributions, and limiting
>> corporate campaign contributions will ever fix that. And you'll never
>> be able do that except ALL AT ONCE. And regular American's can't do
>> that with a vote. And we sure as shit ain't gonna convince Congress
>> to do that.
>>

>well you certainly are not going to solve the problems by telling everyone
>to raise my taxes as the cure for every little think that pops into his
>head. Our population is corrupt, plain and simple. We have half the people
>paying no income tax at all, many of them taking money back via hidden
>welfare systems, and 60% of the people taking more in government benefits
>than they are paying in all taxes combined. Talk about corruption.

Taxation inequality is only a very small part of the problem, the
major reason for the economic collapse is that too many people of all
economic levels are far too much in debt... there are way too many
people acquiring too many goods and services that they are never going
to pay for. Too easy credit is the real ponzi scheme culprit... I for
one am tired of paying other people's dept in higher prices... and now
the grubbermint wants to feed the parasites and bill me... and the no
account douchebags are eating better than me, and they don't even eat
all they take, I've seen them toss perfectly good food in the trash...
and they want medical service, I say let the leeches die, good
riddance to bad rubbish.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 21:09:29 -0700, Pico Rico wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

>>> you need to get rid of Obama too, and probably first. What a meat head.

>> No other president will do a better job than Obama. Sure, another
>> presdient might give the impression of doign a better job, burt will
>> only get the country into deeper shit by playing ball withe the good
>> 'ol boys.
>>
>> Our government is corrupt, plain and simple. And if you don't knwo
>> this then you must have your head in the sand.
>>
>> And nothing short of getting rid of everybody in Congress, eliminating
>> Super PAC's and other anonymous campaign contributions, and limiting
>> corporate campaign contributions will ever fix that. And you'll never
>> be able do that except ALL AT ONCE. And regular American's can't do
>> that with a vote. And we sure as shit ain't gonna convince Congress
>> to do that.
>>

> well you certainly are not going to solve the problems by telling everyone
> to raise my taxes as the cure for every little think that pops into his
> head. Our population is corrupt, plain and simple. We have half the people
> paying no income tax at all, many of them taking money back via hidden
> welfare systems, and 60% of the people taking more in government benefits
> than they are paying in all taxes combined. Talk about corruption.

sixty percent? i call bullshit. cite, please.

oh, that's right - i forgot right-wingers never provide cites.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 23:05:36 -0700, Pico Rico wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

>>> well you certainly are not going to solve the problems by telling
>>> everyone
>>> to raise my taxes as the cure for every little think that pops into his
>>> head. Our population is corrupt, plain and simple. We have half the
>>> people
>>> paying no income tax at all, many of them taking money back via hidden
>>> welfare systems, and 60% of the people taking more in government benefits
>>> than they are paying in all taxes combined. Talk about corruption.

>> It's the corporations and the rich who need to pay more taxes rather
>> than paying Congressman and governors to make sure they aren't taxed.
>> Not the average American - we are already paying our taxes fairly. I
>> don't recall him ever saying YOU need to pay more taxes (assuming
>> you're an average American). You haven't been paying attention, have
>> you.
>>
>> And I'm not corrupt, thank you. 50%? You must be reading different
>> propaganda than I am. Or you're just making it all up. Which means
>> the end of this political discussion between you and I.
>>

> I am not average, and he always wants to raise my taxes. I pay 60% of my
> income in taxes, all told. That is enough. MORE than enough.
>
> yes, 50%. do the research.

no. this is bullshit. if it's true, *you* provide a cite. otherwise we
call you a liar.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 23:26:02 +1000, Who_me? wrote:

>>> I am not average, and he always wants to raise my taxes. I pay 60% of my
>>> income in taxes, all told. That is enough. MORE than enough.

>> You do NOT "pay 60% of [your] income in taxes, all told." No one does in the USA. So, you are rich AND you're a liar. Maybe you could give us all insights into what rich people--who do not have to pay any mind to costs--eat. Of course, why should we believe you if you do, since you've already established that you lie?
>>>

>> --Bryan

> It isn't hard to pay a total 60% in tax if you count income tax,
> property tax, sales tax on purchases, fuel etc. I certainly come close
> to that.

sixty percent of your gross income? i don't think so.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 08:02:23 -0700, Pico Rico wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 23:26:02 +1000, Who_me? >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> It isn't hard to pay a total 60% in tax if you count income tax,
>>> property tax, sales tax on purchases, fuel etc. I certainly come close
>>> to that.

>> Are you a trust fund baby? If you're not, how do you find the time to
>> diddle on usenet?

> no. But given how high taxes are, it made no sense for me to continue
> working.

you are exceptionally stupid.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 14:17:52 -0700, Pico Rico wrote:

> "ImStillMags" > wrote in message
> On Oct 6, 1:55 pm, Bryan > wrote:
>> I think we're nearly all part of the 99%. I boiled up 4 dozen hard boiled
>> eggs and bought two boxes of Kellogg's Raisin Bran that I'm dropping off
>> Downtown in a few minutes. I also have a couple of 2L bottles of diet
>> soda. Not much, but every little bit helps. They are the evil Tea Party's
>> virtuous twin.http://www.facebook.com/OccupyStLouis
>>
>> --Bryan

> great idea......
>
> why is this a great idea when they don't even know what they are protesting
> about?

not as articulate as the tea partiers, huh? 'government hands off my
medicare!'

blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 07/10/2011 1:45 PM, blake murphy wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 08:02:23 -0700, Pico Rico wrote:
>
>> > wrote in message

>>> Are you a trust fund baby? If you're not, how do you find the time to
>>> diddle on usenet?

>> no. But given how high taxes are, it made no sense for me to continue
>> working.

> you are exceptionally stupid.

Maybe not. You don't know her situation that well. I took an early
retirement and went on permanent vacation 7 years ago at the age of 53.
I was able to go with a full pension which was 50% of my regular pay,
based on my five best years. I was making pretty good money, so I was
paying quite a bit of income tax. When I retired and my income dropped
in half I was obviously paying a lot less tax, not just a lesser amount
but at a lower rate.

The lower tax rate eased the bite somewhat, and there were other payroll
deductions that I no longer had to deal with. I no longer had to pay
unemployment insurance benefits, CPP and union dues. I had been paying
8% of my gross into the pension. Those payroll deductions add up but I
no longer had to pay them.

Then there was the cost of going to work. Clothing was not an issue for
me because I wore a uniform which was provided. I did have to burn gas
to get to work every day. Since I worked on the road I had to stop for
my breaks at coffee shops and restaurants. Those lunches and coffee and
snacks add up. Between gas to get to work and food and coffee it was
over $100 per week.

I ended up taking a financial hit when I retired on 50% of my pay, but
between the lower taxes, the end of payroll deductions and reduced work
related expenses, the hit was small. Between work and commute time, I
have another 50 hours per week of Dave time, time to do what I wanted
and when I wanted. And it didn't cost me much.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 21:09:29 -0700, Pico Rico wrote:

>>> No other president will do a better job than Obama. Sure, another
>>> presdient might give the impression of doign a better job, burt will
>>> only get the country into deeper shit by playing ball withe the good
>>> 'ol boys.
>>>
>>> Our government is corrupt, plain and simple. And if you don't knwo
>>> this then you must have your head in the sand.
>>>
>>> And nothing short of getting rid of everybody in Congress, eliminating
>>> Super PAC's and other anonymous campaign contributions, and limiting
>>> corporate campaign contributions will ever fix that. And you'll never
>>> be able do that except ALL AT ONCE. And regular American's can't do
>>> that with a vote. And we sure as shit ain't gonna convince Congress
>>> to do that.
>>>

>> well you certainly are not going to solve the problems by telling
>> everyone
>> to raise my taxes as the cure for every little think that pops into his
>> head. Our population is corrupt, plain and simple. We have half the
>> people
>> paying no income tax at all, many of them taking money back via hidden
>> welfare systems, and 60% of the people taking more in government benefits
>> than they are paying in all taxes combined. Talk about corruption.

> sixty percent? i call bullshit. cite, please.
>
> oh, that's right - i forgot right-wingers never provide cites.
>
> blake

If I thought you had anything even close to an open mind, I would provide a
cite.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
. ..
> On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 23:26:02 +1000, Who_me? wrote:

>>> You do NOT "pay 60% of [your] income in taxes, all told." No one does
>>> in the USA. So, you are rich AND you're a liar. Maybe you could give
>>> us all insights into what rich people--who do not have to pay any mind
>>> to costs--eat. Of course, why should we believe you if you do, since
>>> you've already established that you lie?
>>>>
>>> --Bryan

>> It isn't hard to pay a total 60% in tax if you count income tax,
>> property tax, sales tax on purchases, fuel etc. I certainly come close
>> to that.

> sixty percent of your gross income? i don't think so.
>
> blake

yes. it is true. Sorry it doesn't fit into your preconceived notions.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 07/10/2011 2:55 PM, Pico Rico wrote:

>> One need only read your posts to understand why people are taking to the
>> streets to regain control of our corrupt predatory financial systems and
>> take control away from the thieves in charge.
>>
>> MartyB

> interesting words, but they really do not say anything.

They meant something to me. We have been watching good paying
manufacturing jobs disappearing from North America while the companies
make more and more money, increasing the disparity between the rich and
the poor. There is no doubt that much of the business world is corrupt
and predatory. Look at the way the guys at the top have been shaving
jobs away from the bottom or shopping them offshore. Business are going
down the tubes through mismanagement but the guys at the top are giving
themselves bonuses. They expect their employees to improve productivity
in order to get bonuses, but them give themselves much larger financial
rewards for running the business into the ground. When the government
came along and bailed them out, the CEOs too huge bundles of bail out
money as bonuses.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 23:29:53 -0700, sf > arranged
random neurons and said:

>On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 20:13:56 -0700, Terry Pulliam Burd
> wrote:
>
>> OB: Made a honkin' big batch of spaghetti sauce this weekend. Thought
>> I'd whip up some lasagna with it tomorrow.

>Have you ever made ricotta? I just saw this recipe today.
>http://www.notquitenigella.com/2011/...icotta-cheese/
>
>Made From Scratch: Fresh Whole Milk Ricotta
>
>•2 litres whole pasteurised milk
>•1 teaspoon salt
>•4 tablespoons cream
>•4 tablespoons white vinegar or lemon juice

<snip>

Now, *there's* an idea! Thanks!

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
.com...
> On 07/10/2011 2:55 PM, Pico Rico wrote:
>

>>> One need only read your posts to understand why people are taking to the
>>> streets to regain control of our corrupt predatory financial systems and
>>> take control away from the thieves in charge.
>>>
>>> MartyB

>> interesting words, but they really do not say anything.
>>

> They meant something to me. We have been watching good paying
> manufacturing jobs disappearing from North America while the companies
> make more and more money, increasing the disparity between the rich and
> the poor. There is no doubt that much of the business world is corrupt
> and predatory. Look at the way the guys at the top have been shaving jobs
> away from the bottom or shopping them offshore. Business are going down
> the tubes through mismanagement but the guys at the top are giving
> themselves bonuses. They expect their employees to improve productivity
> in order to get bonuses, but them give themselves much larger financial
> rewards for running the business into the ground. When the government came
> along and bailed them out, the CEOs too huge bundles of bail out money as
> bonuses.

What do my posts have to do with that? I do not fit any of those items.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/7/2011 1:24 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

> I ended up taking a financial hit when I retired on 50% of my pay, but
> between the lower taxes, the end of payroll deductions and reduced work
> related expenses, the hit was small. Between work and commute time, I
> have another 50 hours per week of Dave time, time to do what I wanted
> and when I wanted. And it didn't cost me much.

I envy you. The past three years have been tough on my business and
instead of collecting SS when I hit 62 this January, I am going to wait
until I am 66 and get the higher payment. I love my business (selling
cruises) but changes in the industry are making it harder to make a
really good living doing that.

I'll probably never completely stop working... I really do enjoy it, but
I might slow down a bit and take more trips myself.

George L
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George Leppla" > wrote in message
> On 10/7/2011 1:24 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> I ended up taking a financial hit when I retired on 50% of my pay, but
>> between the lower taxes, the end of payroll deductions and reduced work
>> related expenses, the hit was small. Between work and commute time, I
>> have another 50 hours per week of Dave time, time to do what I wanted
>> and when I wanted. And it didn't cost me much.

> I envy you. The past three years have been tough on my business and
> instead of collecting SS when I hit 62 this January, I am going to wait
> until I am 66 and get the higher payment. I love my business (selling
> cruises) but changes in the industry are making it harder to make a really
> good living doing that.
>
> I'll probably never completely stop working... I really do enjoy it, but I
> might slow down a bit and take more trips myself.

and there is volunteer work to do, if you want or need to quit work
entirely. At some point, it doesn't make sense to pay all the overhead to
be semi-retired.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George Leppla" > wrote

> I envy you. The past three years have been tough on my business and
> instead of collecting SS when I hit 62 this January, I am going to wait
> until I am 66 and get the higher payment. I love my business (selling
> cruises) but changes in the industry are making it harder to make a really
> good living doing that.
>
> I'll probably never completely stop working... I really do enjoy it, but I
> might slow down a bit and take more trips myself.
>
> George L

Most businesses have been hard hit the past few years, but I imagine one
that sells luxuries rather than necessities is even worse.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
news

> "George Leppla" > wrote
>>
>> I envy you. The past three years have been tough on my business and
>> instead of collecting SS when I hit 62 this January, I am going to wait
>> until I am 66 and get the higher payment. I love my business (selling
>> cruises) but changes in the industry are making it harder to make a
>> really good living doing that.
>>
>> I'll probably never completely stop working... I really do enjoy it, but
>> I might slow down a bit and take more trips myself.
>>
>> George L

> Most businesses have been hard hit the past few years, but I imagine one
> that sells luxuries rather than necessities is even worse.

I thought I read the opposite recently. But I wouldn't know personally.